Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

You deserve a badge of courage for sticking carnivorous Sköll into your pocket as often as you do, John! ;):cool::cool:
Skoll knows better than to bite the hand that feeds him. :D

hhb-mark-vflat-table-jpg.1234023
Great light and shadow composition, GT. :D:thumbsup:

Good evening, hope every ones weekend has been good. This is a bit off topic, but i thought some of you may find it interesting, particularly the members of the "Porch" that like history. There is a company here in Queensland called Kent Saddlery, and they have been around for about 30 years. The quality of their work is really good, and made to last for years. They are also the last of the old " hawker style travelling salesman", but sadly that is about to end. They have done a story on the couple that founded the business and are about to retire from visiting the outback stations on out national TV broadcaster. If i knew how to post the link, i would, but that is beyond my capabilities. But if you google ABC Landline, archives, November it should come up as Travelling Saddler, it is also on face book. Only if you are interested.:)

View attachment 1234558

Prester John Prester John , Donkey Kong was one of the all time great video games of the 80’s. I was our University Champion I don’t mind saying. It was a wonderful game, and Mario made his first appearance there as the Kong’s protagonist.

@flatblackcapo , 5K Qs 5K Qs , it might be nice to have a home version, but nothing could beat playing Donkey Kong in an arcade one quarter at a time. Those were the last days of the Pin Ball Wizard! I remember having a great run going one evening right at the Arcade’s closing time. They let me stay for an extra hour before finally pulling the plug on the machine so they could get me out and close the shop!

View attachment 1234500

Simpson’s Brush, Trumper’s Shaving Cream, and a Lambsfoot knife. I guess you would call me an Anglophile right Jack? Jack Black Jack Black

Last edited:
View attachment 1234500

Simpson’s Brush, Trumper’s Shaving Cream, and a Lambsfoot knife. I guess you would call me an Anglophile right Jack? Jack Black Jack Black

Nice set-up Leslie :) I use some Trumper's products, but prefer Taylor's shaving cream myself. I quite often use the almond :) Unfortunately, over the last year, both of the places I bought my shaving stuff have closed down :( Great-looking WCLF :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone had a great weekend :) It's fairly sunny here, for a change :rolleyes: Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start :) Carrying this Alfred Blackwell today :thumbsup:

cYrjNXu.jpg

I shaved off my 'tache a few weeks ago. It was starting to seem like more trouble than it was worth, considering I had a painful whisker and I was never going to look much like Errol Flynn.
Strangely, nobody noticed, though to me my nose seemed as big as a doorknob, there was a vast distance between my nose and upper lip, and my mouth had shrunk sideways.
I was in a hurry, so I shaved with two lambsfoots at once.
GV9SorH.jpg

Actually, my favorite provider at my favorite bar noticed.
She said, "Hey, your nose is as big as a doorknob!"

Last edited:
Good Morning Guardians
I figured I'd better post proof that I went to the ballet... I only fell asleep a few times. :D

You can say you've been John :D ;) :thumbsup:

I took off my beard last weekend and have been enjoying shaving again. Will probably stop again over Christmas and go back to the beard in the New Year :)

9pPwIdV.jpg

Nice Old Skool set-up Mike :) :thumbsup:

Tensions are raising in Chickadee land !

CkJUfuR.jpg

NREghyV.jpg

Incredible Doc! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

I shaved off my 'tache a few weeks ago. It was starting to seem like more trouble than it was worth, considering I had a painful whisker and I was never going to look much like Errol Flynn.
Strangely, nobody noticed, though to me my nose seemed as big as a doorknob, there was a vast distance between my nose and upper lip, and my mouth had shrunk sideways.
I was in a hurry, so I shaved with two lambsfoots at once.
GV9SorH.jpg

Actually, my favorite provider at my favorite bar noticed.

I had a 'tache in the 80's Jer :D Younger friends were always trying to get me to shave it off. One day I did, and nobody noticed :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Lol! Aye, I've got to admit that one reason I like snow so much is that I derive a certain perverse pleasure from watching 70% of the UK population descend into a most bizarre state of pant wetting hysteria. :rolleyes:It's almost as entertaining as the snow itself. :)
The gravestones aren't that old. I spied a few that were late 18th century but most appeared to be mid-19th century onwards. It's still an active church so other parts of the graveyard are modern.
I'll just recharge my laptop then come back and post more pics.
Over-dramatic alarmists can be quite entertaining, I agree! ;)
Thanks for the graveyard follow-up, David. :thumbsup::cool:

... So I thought I'd try diabetes socks, and these manage to stay up without strangling my ankles. And 12 pairs for $17 is pretty good, too.
Sounds like a win-win! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I usually get Hanes black sweat socks at Meijer's for either 6 pair for $8 or 12 pair for $10, IIRC (which is doubtful). I hope I got the latter deal. :rolleyes:

Yeah, me too! :eek: I'm not sure what they farm here, but I hope they don't have too much livestock :thumbsup:

skynews-uk-weather-flood-lincolnshire_4834417.jpg

That photo is quite beautiful, but disturbing. Give a whole new meaning to "British Isles". :eek:

St' Gregory's Minster is near the hamlet of Kirkdale in deepest North Yorkshire, betwixt the towns of Kirkbymoorside and Helmsley. 'Minster' is an Anglo-Saxon term which denotes a church were the monks went forth and 'Ministered' to the local populace.
Hope you enjoyed that folks.
Thanks for the fascinating, informative, and enjoyable post, David!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sensational pic of your stag HHB on a stump, Dan! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians.;):thumbsup:
Outstanding pair of wood-handled lambsfoot Barlows, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Harley's developing a nice patina. I love me some Gala apples. :D
Nice shot of your knife. Galas are my favorite and they are in season now here in NC. Nice and healthy snack.
Great stuff, I love a Gala myself :) :thumbsup:
Great shot of your rosewood HHB, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
I'll jump on the Gala apple bandwagon, too. I eat one almost every day, 1/2 in my morning oatmeal and 1/2 as part of my lunch. I used to be a Fuji fan, but Galas have gradually won me over the past couple of years.

Good Morning Guardians
Still running with the wolf this week...
Now when you're feelin' low and the fish won't bite
You need a little bit o' Sköll to put you right. :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Here's some super-hi-fidelity video expressing more of the same:

And a happy Sunday morning to all.
View attachment 1233958
Good morning, Guardians!
Couple of superb pics of your Ironwood and your stag HHB SFOs, Vince! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone has survived the week. I'm just 'on hold' with my dentist, as I had a small crown drop out last night, so I'm hoping to get in and get it fixed. Got my pal coming round for a coffee this morning, but I have plenty of work to do too. Hoping to get the work done, and have my tooth fixed before the weekend. Have a good Friday folks :) I'm carrying my Unity Lambsfoot today :thumbsup:
You're suddenly falling to pieces recently, Jack! :eek::thumbsdown::(
No wonder you've gone over to the grumpy side! :rolleyes:
Your Unity lamb is unmatched! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

This was certainly the most unusual find I had yesterday - A presentation gold-plated Eclipse Junior Hacksaw! :eek: :D :rolleyes:
James Neill & Co (James Neill Tools) started off making crucible steel, but were once the biggest small tool manufacturer in the world, outside the USA. They were probably best known for their Eclipse hacksaws and distinctive blue hacksaw blades, but were on their last legs by 1989.
A number of my relatives worked for Neill's over the years, including my grandmother, mother, uncle, and my father, who was a machine-tool fitter for the firm for 30 years. My mother and father actually met on a work's night out. My dad would certainly have had a good chuckle at a gold-plated hacksaw. I don't know who they were made for, but it's more than he ever got from the company :rolleyes:
I've certainly never seen anything like that hacksaw! :cool::cool::thumbsup: It's almost like a family heirloom of yours! ;)

That is bizarre.
This isn't:
Pretty weak segue, I admit.
That photo of Old Toffee Wings really show off the wingtips, Jer! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I hope everyone has made it through the week, and that you have a fantastic weekend :) The weather is still rotten here, but I'm off to the City of York. We'll see how that goes :rolleyes: Going to be carrying some classy stag :) :thumbsup:
That's a real glam SamDamLamb, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Good evening Guardians, Hope everyone has a good weekend. Been a very stressful week over here for those poor souls affected by the bush fires which have ravaged 2 states. Bit different to the snow, rain and freezing temps. you are experiencing in the northern hemisphere. Just about to have lunch, Jack Black Jack Black thought this may cheer you up. A wholemeal vegetable pastie from a bakery near me, and let me tell you, they are good my friend. Everyone take care and have a safe weekend.;)
Good Morning Guardians
I can't remember the last time I found the Guardian Thread on the second page of The Porch. :eek:
I think I'm in the mood for some Ebony today... Thanks again, ED. :)
JohnDF JohnDF - Yer welcome John. Nice to see you enjoying it. I've noticed a little falling off as regards the Guardians thread too. I hope it's just because people are busy and not because they are losing interest.

Come on Guardians. Let's get some pictures up!!!!! Here's one of Waynorth Cutlerey's renditions. Thanks for these @waynorth!!!!:thumbsup::)
cudgee, John, & ED, those WCLFs are sublime knives! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians. Fell off the Grid, but the Guardians never miss a beat. Such a great group of contributors. Much thanks and appreciation to JB for the opportunity.

Able to acquire a couple of Ebony JBs. Both are wonderful. The Big Ún feels great in hand.
Welcome back, Harvey; your new ebony pair walks in beauty like the night! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Bam-Ba-Lamb!! Betty is looking sassy with that leather slip, FBC! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Enchanting ebony lambsfoot, José, but the background really caught my eye! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: How old are those tiles? Are they part of your town?

I seen John's and Ed's Bat Lamb Signal, but I was delayed by some BedLamb going on here:D!
View attachment 1233530
I'm impressed that you can show up on demand, Dennis! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup: Fantastic pic!

Hello, hope everyone has been well. I’ve been pretty busy and unable to post much lately. The wife and I were down in the Bahamas a few weeks back. Beautiful place, we had a great time. Had some time to relax today and do some target practice, sorry for the crappy indoor picture. :D
View attachment 1233623
View attachment 1233614
View attachment 1233613

View attachment 1233612

View attachment 1233615
Welcome back, Jon! :):cool::cool:

Evening Guardians. Hope everyone is having a better weekend than I am. Struggling with an awful cold this week and staying couch-bound.
Superior shot of your stag HHB, Mike! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I hope you've got a good book to get you through the weekend cold.

Knowing that I wouldn't be able to get hold of any decent bread by the time I got back to Leeds yesterday, I purchased a couple of small loaves from the Bluebird Bakery in York, white sourdough on the left, granary on the right :)
Both loaves look tasty, as does the lambsfoot! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Sad to say Linus is still missing. I think he is being held captive in Tennessee but there's no telling where he really is. Is he buried in a desk drawer, forgotten in the pocket of a pair of old pants, languishing under a pile of paper ---????? It's a mystery for sure.:(

Today's contribution is a mixed pair of Jack Black Jack Black SFO Hartshead Barlows
Patience, Grasshopper ED! :p I think Ron mentioned he'd be traveling for the weekend; maybe Linus is getting a grand tour of the nation's capital! :cool::thumbsup::p

- GT

Back