Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Going on an adventure Charlie? ( Picking up on the " going for a Ride for the next few days") :):thumbsup:

I apologise for my absence guardians, I have started work and at half days for a short while, my Awesome AC was with me- and has been in my pocket for quite some time!

IzOQNkh.jpg

Hop everyone is doing Great!!! :) :)

Good luck in Oregon, Ed!!! They've been mapping my innards too!!
One thing cleared itself up, another appeared!! Sheesh!
More scans for me on Friday!!
Duncan, it's great to hear you are gettin' back into harness!!:thumbsup: Don't overdo it now!!
I'm not going anywhere too interesting, Duncan; Just going to see if that knife will show up in my CT Scan!!:D

Nice pic Kevin :) :thumbsup:

Just getting my stuff together for my regular trip to the market tomorrow :) Think I'm going to carry my Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:

Uajfdzo.jpg
Thanks, Jack. I hope the trip to the market was fruitful.
You posts with the nice wood bowl made me remember that I had one laying around.

I'm getting up so early tomorrow morning that the Rooster won't even be awake to do his crowing so I'm posting my morning picture now. Off to the hospital in Klamath Falls, Oregon for some more digging.

Standard Lambfoot with Rosewood covers and a Peso.

gtlOlTy.jpg

One Peso won't go far but if you're ever in Mexico at least you can't be charged with vagrancy if you've got one.:rolleyes:

That gettin up early thing is for the birds..:D
I hope all goes well with the diggin' , Ed.

Have a good day Guardians.
49097266217_af6b7949d9_b.jpg

NOW YA TALKIN-lollies 4 for a penny, those were the days. BUT when decimal currency came in i got home from school the first day it came in-NOT HAPPY.:mad: Mum asked me what was wrong, and i told her we were being ROBBED.:mad: My dad worked in a bank and gave me some decimal currency before release, so i was the coolest kid in school on release day, because i was the only one with decimal currency. On the way home stopped at our local milk bar and bought 10 cents worth of mixed lollies, i was aghast.:( There was 12 pennies in a shilling, so you got 48 lollies for your shilling. But 10 cents worth of mixed lollies only got you 40.:eek: Sorry for the ramblings of an old man.:rolleyes:

I had just the same experience here mate. Those Black Jacks were 4 for a penny when there were 240 pennies in a pound. After decimalisation here in 1971, there were only 100 pennies in a pound, but you still only got 4 Black Jacks for your penny o_O

Just your friendly public service announcement, Guardians. Love this fun detail.

AeXQ3y3.jpg

Practical, too!!:cool:

And classy! :cool: :thumbsup:

Have a nice time at the market tomorrow, Jack!!
I finally put a decent edge on my Eye Witness, so it's going for a ride for the next few days!!
View attachment 1236175 View attachment 1236176

Thanks a lot Charlie, hope your TEW serves you well my friend :) :thumbsup:

I'm getting up so early tomorrow morning that the Rooster won't even be awake to do his crowing so I'm posting my morning picture now. Off to the hospital in Klamath Falls, Oregon for some more digging.

Standard Lambfoot with Rosewood covers and a Peso.

gtlOlTy.jpg

One Peso won't go far but if you're ever in Mexico at least you can't be charged with vagrancy if you've got one.:rolleyes:

Good luck Ed :thumbsup:

Why of course! :D

Also, rude of me to not post the whole knife.

CPTB4b1.jpg

Such a beauty :thumbsup:

I have the Waynorth in Black with me again today.

LekBC5R.jpg

Great pics Dylan, have you fished the creek yet? :thumbsup:

I apologise for my absence guardians, I have started work and at half days for a short while, my Awesome AC was with me- and has been in my pocket for quite some time!

IzOQNkh.jpg

Hop everyone is doing Great!!! :) :)

Hope you're finding returning to work OK Duncan, and that you continue to get fitter and stronger my friend :) Great to see your AC there :) :thumbsup:

Very nice :) :thumbsup:

Good luck in Oregon, Ed!!! They've been mapping my innards too!!
One thing cleared itself up, another appeared!! Sheesh!
More scans for me on Friday!!
Duncan, it's great to hear you are gettin' back into harness!!:thumbsup: Don't overdo it now!!
I'm not going anywhere too interesting, Duncan; Just going to see if that knife will show up in my CT Scan!!:D

Hope the scans go well Charlie :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians! Hope everyone has a pleasant day today.
I seem to always be the one to wake the Roosters up around my place...:D

And:
It's nearly Friday!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

2019 Ironwood Jack Black special

IjiIfN8.jpg

Ace pic Mark :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
The roosters aren't even up until after my first pot of coffee.

Looking good John :thumbsup:

Fantastic photos Dan :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. I hope the trip to the market was fruitful.
You posts with the nice wood bowl made me remember that I had one laying around.

That gettin up early thing is for the birds..:D
I hope all goes well with the diggin' , Ed.

Have a good day Guardians.
49097266217_af6b7949d9_b.jpg

Thanks a lot Kevin, that's a cool wood on wood pic pal :) :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!
63xCKGk.jpg

Stellar pic Vince :) :thumbsup:

Hi Guardians, I've just got in after my 7 hour stint on the open-air market. It's cold here today, but dry at least, and I was wearing more clothes than I would have in my winter mountaineering days! :rolleyes: I took 2 flasks of my leek and potato soup to share, and my Hartshead Barlow got lots of work slicing fruit cake and ginger cake :) I didn't find much worth buying, but it was a great crack :) Got the heating on, and I'm slowly warming up. I usually go out to eat on Thursday evenings, but this week, I'm on my own, and looking forward to beer and pizza ;) Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup:

Q1Xawhl.jpg

I had just the same experience here mate. Those Black Jacks were 4 for a penny when there were 240 pennies in a pound. After decimalisation here in 1971, there were only 100 pennies in a pound, but you still only got 4 Black Jacks for your penny o_O
I hope we NEVER get decimalisation. They threatened us with it decades ago.
One thing I hate about buying European beers is that I often get bottles that have only 11.2 ounces of beer. I always feel gypped! The half-litres are an okay size, though.

Stellar pic Vince :) :thumbsup:
Thanks!

Hi Guardians, I've just got in after my 7 hour stint on the open-air market. It's cold here today, but dry at least, and I was wearing more clothes than I would have in my winter mountaineering days! :rolleyes: I took 2 flasks of my leek and potato soup to share, and my Hartshead Barlow got lots of work slicing fruit cake and ginger cake :) I didn't find much worth buying, but it was a great crack :) Got the heating on, and I'm slowly warming up. I usually go out to eat on Thursday evenings, but this week, I'm on my own, and looking forward to beer and pizza ;) Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup:

Q1Xawhl.jpg
Beer and pizza sure go well together.
I like the patina on your blade and bolsters, but I'm still trying to keep mine "clean"!

Saw this in another thread and it’s beautiful! Hard to read the stamp and was curious who made it and the history behind it.

That's Charlie's very classy vintage Joseph Rodgers :thumbsup:

I hope we NEVER get decimalisation. They threatened us with it decades ago.
One thing I hate about buying European beers is that I often get bottles that have only 11.2 ounces of beer. I always feel gypped! The half-litres are an okay size, though.

Thanks!

Beer and pizza sure go well together.
I like the patina on your blade and bolsters, but I'm still trying to keep mine "clean"!

Yeah, thankfully, despite the currency being decimalised here in 1971, a lot of the old measurements still exist thankfully (I can still buy a 20fl oz pint and get a pound of apples in the market), for now at least :rolleyes:

Thanks Vince, I figure I can always Flitz the patina off ;) I am looking forward to the beer and pizza! :D :thumbsup:

Dad of the Year! :cool::thumbsup:

Sounds like a lot of highs and lows. It's a great picture of Linus. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks John! :)

Good to have you back Ron :) It sounds like you've had a lot on my friend. New cell-phone, that's nasty! :eek: Hope you're fit and well now :thumbsup:
I appreciate it Jack. It's good to be back! :)

Nice to see Linus Ron. I was just funnin ya about being lost in a desk drawer, etc..:) Looking forward to your trip report with Linus.:thumbsup:
Thanks Ed! No problem, I should have reported in sooner! :)

Thank you, fellas, always appreciated. Dan, your pics with the birds are always a real pleasure. As a boy, I considered myself somewhat of an amateur birdwatcher as I have an uncle who got me hooked on it. Haven't done it in years but I always appreciate the little guys.

Glad to hear that you are well, Ron, and sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope the rest of the week goes smoothly for you.

I have the Waynorth in Black with me again today.

LekBC5R.jpg
Thanks Dylan! Linus is a fine companion! That Ebony Waynorth is also a dandy companion! :):thumbsup:

Today I'm carrying two from Wright's. I've dubbed them the "Patina Brothers"! :D

49100247068_f4bab686a4_o.jpg

The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot Part 2

Fellow Guardians, here is an update on some of the sites that Linus has seen since I received him.

These photos were taken in Murfreesboro Tennessee on Nov 8. Pam and I had to go to the Nashville area to meet our daughter. She was going to put her townhome on the market and we went to help her pack some items and return them to our home for storage. I wanted to take Linus by and show him where I keep my "Bucket List"! :) Before the original bucket was burned by arson this huge bucket sat in an open shed which would have allowed for much better photographs. I hope the photographs and the description plate can give y'all an idea just how big this thing actually is. :thumbsup:

49061260757_7365ebe952_o.jpg

49060527623_688c1fddd1_o.jpg

49060527648_8112abfa15_o.jpg

After these photos were taken and the following Monday is when my need for a new phone became a factor. A word to the wise and something I did not understand fully before. Turn on the backup function of your cell phone and keep it backed up to the cloud or whichever method you choose. It can save you some headaches. :)

The next leg of Linus's adventures all occur in Washington DC. I returned to DC with my daughter after our visit in the Nashville area. Little did I know at that time that a virus would follow me and prevent me from fully enjoying the trip. I was able to take Linus to see some of the sites. Please understand that after a dozen or so visits to DC I am still not comfortable displaying a knife in public. There might not anything ever come of it but I guess I'm just paranoid. :)

This following photo of the US Capital Building was taken after our long drive from Tennessee to Washington DC. It was taken from the rooftop of my daughters apartment building. The photo of the Washington Monument was taken the next day, also from the rooftop.

49094906902_33d81c8368_o.jpg

49095434462_0d663d31e0_o.jpg

Fellow Guardians, here is an update on some of the sites that Linus has seen since I received him.

These photos were taken in Murfreesboro Tennessee on Nov 8. Pam and I had to go to the Nashville area to meet our daughter. She was going to put her townhome on the market and we went to help her pack some items and return them to our home for storage. I wanted to take Linus by and show him where I keep my "Bucket List"! :) Before the original bucket was burned by arson this huge bucket sat in an open shed which would have allowed for much better photographs. I hope the photographs and the description plate can give y'all an idea just how big this thing actually is. :thumbsup:

49061260757_7365ebe952_o.jpg

49060527623_688c1fddd1_o.jpg

49060527648_8112abfa15_o.jpg

After these photos were taken and the following Monday is when my need for a new phone became a factor. A word to the wise and something I did not understand fully before. Turn on the backup function of your cell phone and keep it backed up to the cloud or whichever method you choose. It can save you some headaches. :)
That's a BIG bucket, Ron! Something like that should be here in Texas!
Good to see Linus. :thumbsup:

These are some more places that Linus was able to visit while in DC. Most of these will need no descriptions and the photos were taken over several days. Since I was a little under the weather I would have my daughter park or drop me off close to the areas I wanted to visit so I could make a quick visit. Not to mention the fact that it was freezing cold a couple of days with the wind chill factored in. :):thumbsup:

The Lincoln Memorial: There are always so many people here it is hard to get a photo without a person in it.
49094718901_163d771365_o.jpg

49094906847_1f0e7219cb_o.jpg

49094907242_52a646f213_c.jpg

The Washington Monument:
49095434437_47a301d33e_o.jpg

The Jefferson Memorial: They are doing repairs to the outside roof of the memorial. It is still open so I just made a quick photo and moved on.
49095608787_28551a4f11_o.jpg

Bureau of Engraving and Printing: I'm not exactly sure what goes on in this building but I thought it would make for a quick photo. ;)
49094726433_d0aba131b4_o.jpg

The Trump Towers: This one is easy to get to and the wait was not bad to ride the elevator. I took a couple of photos from the watch tower. This is the fourth tallest building in DC.
49101041947_587535f5fa_o.jpg

49101034457_8467312b78_o.jpg

49094906882_76a8a5d4fc_o.jpg

Finally this is where I spent the better part of four days in DC with Linus in my pocket and Maggie on my lap! :D
49095434412_75311fb927_o.jpg

I flew home to Tennessee this past Sunday. I mailed Linus to my home because I didn't have any checked bags on this trip. I received him back yesterday evening. I plan to take him to see some more of my local area this weekend so there will be more posts. I will put Linus in the mail on Monday morning for the next leg of his journey to visit Greg @WhittlinAway. :D :thumbsup:

Back