Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Going on an adventure Charlie? ( Picking up on the " going for a Ride for the next few days") :):thumbsup:

I apologise for my absence guardians, I have started work and at half days for a short while, my Awesome AC was with me- and has been in my pocket for quite some time!

[​IMG]

Hop everyone is doing Great!!! :) :)

2. natchezz

natchezz Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Up at the butt-crack of dawn! :D Good luck with your Dr appt., Ed.

[​IMG]

Modoc ED, donn, cigarrodog and 13 others like this.
  3. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Good luck in Oregon, Ed!!! They've been mapping my innards too!!
    One thing cleared itself up, another appeared!! Sheesh!
    More scans for me on Friday!!
    Duncan, it's great to hear you are gettin' back into harness!!:thumbsup: Don't overdo it now!!
    I'm not going anywhere too interesting, Duncan; Just going to see if that knife will show up in my CT Scan!!:D

4. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb

Jun 9, 2010
    Good morning, Guardians! Hope everyone has a pleasant day today.
    I seem to always be the one to wake the Roosters up around my place...:D

And:
    It's nearly Friday!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

2019 Ironwood Jack Black special

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Modoc ED, Reaper AL, Pt-Luso and 16 others like this.
  5. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    The roosters aren't even up until after my first pot of coffee.
    [​IMG]

JustinR, Modoc ED, Reaper AL and 20 others like this.
  6. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Modoc ED, Reaper AL, donn and 19 others like this.
  7. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Thanks, Jack. I hope the trip to the market was fruitful.
    You posts with the nice wood bowl made me remember that I had one laying around.

That gettin up early thing is for the birds..:D
    I hope all goes well with the diggin' , Ed.

Have a good day Guardians.
    [​IMG]

Modoc ED, Reaper AL, Pt-Luso and 18 others like this.
  8. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Good morning, Guardians!
    [​IMG]

Modoc ED, Reaper AL, donn and 19 others like this.
  9. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I had just the same experience here mate. Those Black Jacks were 4 for a penny when there were 240 pennies in a pound. After decimalisation here in 1971, there were only 100 pennies in a pound, but you still only got 4 Black Jacks for your penny o_O

And classy! :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Charlie, hope your TEW serves you well my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good luck Ed :thumbsup:

Such a beauty :thumbsup:

Great pics Dylan, have you fished the creek yet? :thumbsup:

Hope you're finding returning to work OK Duncan, and that you continue to get fitter and stronger my friend :) Great to see your AC there :) :thumbsup:

Very nice :) :thumbsup:

Hope the scans go well Charlie :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ace pic Mark :) :thumbsup:

Looking good John :thumbsup:

Fantastic photos Dan :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Kevin, that's a cool wood on wood pic pal :) :thumbsup:

Stellar pic Vince :) :thumbsup:

Hi Guardians, I've just got in after my 7 hour stint on the open-air market. It's cold here today, but dry at least, and I was wearing more clothes than I would have in my winter mountaineering days! :rolleyes: I took 2 flasks of my leek and potato soup to share, and my Hartshead Barlow got lots of work slicing fruit cake and ginger cake :) I didn't find much worth buying, but it was a great crack :) Got the heating on, and I'm slowly warming up. I usually go out to eat on Thursday evenings, but this week, I'm on my own, and looking forward to beer and pizza ;) Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

JustinR, Modoc ED, Reaper AL and 21 others like this.
  10. MRpink

MRpink

Sep 17, 2007
    waynorth likes this.
  11. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    I hope we NEVER get decimalisation. They threatened us with it decades ago.
    One thing I hate about buying European beers is that I often get bottles that have only 11.2 ounces of beer. I always feel gypped! The half-litres are an okay size, though.

Thanks!

Beer and pizza sure go well together.
    I like the patina on your blade and bolsters, but I'm still trying to keep mine "clean"!

Reaper AL, donn, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.
  12. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    That's Charlie's very classy vintage Joseph Rodgers :thumbsup:

Yeah, thankfully, despite the currency being decimalised here in 1971, a lot of the old measurements still exist thankfully (I can still buy a 20fl oz pint and get a pound of apples in the market), for now at least :rolleyes:

Thanks Vince, I figure I can always Flitz the patina off ;) I am looking forward to the beer and pizza! :D :thumbsup:

13. natchezz

natchezz Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2006
    @MRpink
    I believe that knife is a vintage Joseph Rodgers & Son of Sheffield and the knife Charlie based his lambfoot on.

waynorth likes this.
  14. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Good morning Guardians!
    A quick post, and I'll try to catch up in a while on all the great posts!:):thumbsup:
    Big 'Un in horn
    mag3.jpg

Modoc ED, Reaper AL, Pt-Luso and 18 others like this.
  15. MRpink

MRpink

Sep 17, 2007
    @Jack Black @natchezz
    Thank you for the lesson gentlemen! I’ll be doing more reading on them. A little late, but grateful to own a little piece of cutlery history.

[​IMG]

16. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks John! :)

I appreciate it Jack. It's good to be back! :)

Thanks Ed! No problem, I should have reported in sooner! :)

Thanks Dylan! Linus is a fine companion! That Ebony Waynorth is also a dandy companion! :):thumbsup:

Today I'm carrying two from Wright's. I've dubbed them the "Patina Brothers"! :D

[​IMG]

17. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot Part 2

Fellow Guardians, here is an update on some of the sites that Linus has seen since I received him.

These photos were taken in Murfreesboro Tennessee on Nov 8. Pam and I had to go to the Nashville area to meet our daughter. She was going to put her townhome on the market and we went to help her pack some items and return them to our home for storage. I wanted to take Linus by and show him where I keep my "Bucket List"! :) Before the original bucket was burned by arson this huge bucket sat in an open shed which would have allowed for much better photographs. I hope the photographs and the description plate can give y'all an idea just how big this thing actually is. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After these photos were taken and the following Monday is when my need for a new phone became a factor. A word to the wise and something I did not understand fully before. Turn on the backup function of your cell phone and keep it backed up to the cloud or whichever method you choose. It can save you some headaches. :)

18. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014

The next leg of Linus's adventures all occur in Washington DC. I returned to DC with my daughter after our visit in the Nashville area. Little did I know at that time that a virus would follow me and prevent me from fully enjoying the trip. I was able to take Linus to see some of the sites. Please understand that after a dozen or so visits to DC I am still not comfortable displaying a knife in public. There might not anything ever come of it but I guess I'm just paranoid. :)

This following photo of the US Capital Building was taken after our long drive from Tennessee to Washington DC. It was taken from the rooftop of my daughters apartment building. The photo of the Washington Monument was taken the next day, also from the rooftop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    That's a BIG bucket, Ron! Something like that should be here in Texas!
    Good to see Linus. :thumbsup:

cigarrodog, Jack Black and Half/Stop like this.
  20. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014

These are some more places that Linus was able to visit while in DC. Most of these will need no descriptions and the photos were taken over several days. Since I was a little under the weather I would have my daughter park or drop me off close to the areas I wanted to visit so I could make a quick visit. Not to mention the fact that it was freezing cold a couple of days with the wind chill factored in. :):thumbsup:

The Lincoln Memorial: There are always so many people here it is hard to get a photo without a person in it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Washington Monument:
    [​IMG]

The Jefferson Memorial: They are doing repairs to the outside roof of the memorial. It is still open so I just made a quick photo and moved on.
    [​IMG]

Bureau of Engraving and Printing: I'm not exactly sure what goes on in this building but I thought it would make for a quick photo. ;)
    [​IMG]

The Trump Towers: This one is easy to get to and the wait was not bad to ride the elevator. I took a couple of photos from the watch tower. This is the fourth tallest building in DC.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally this is where I spent the better part of four days in DC with Linus in my pocket and Maggie on my lap! :D
    [​IMG]

I flew home to Tennessee this past Sunday. I mailed Linus to my home because I didn't have any checked bags on this trip. I received him back yesterday evening. I plan to take him to see some more of my local area this weekend so there will be more posts. I will put Linus in the mail on Monday morning for the next leg of his journey to visit Greg @WhittlinAway. :D :thumbsup: