Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Hey John. Love your Fisherman Ornament and WCLF.
Thank you, Harvey. :)

74327c01-14e5-4800-8bd7-66202455fd95-jpeg.1247328
Awesome picture, as always. :):thumbsup:

Very cool ornament to complement your ebony WCLF John :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. :)

Cool Christmas ornament and a beauty of a Lambsfoot , John. :thumbsup:
Thank you. Who doesn't love Fishmas. :D

One knife I wish I was around for. :cool::thumbsup:

I can see why it is a favorite.:cool:

It is one of Jack's finest SFOs, in my humble opinion. Also a true testament to what Wright's could be capable of.

Great minds and great knives! :thumbsup: :)

Indeed!

LOL! Good luck Dylan :eek: :D I'm sure you'll do a fine job mate, great pic of your AC :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. I've done a few floors in years past but never made a habit of it. The end result will be worth the aching back... (I hope... :oops:)

Great looking Stag on your AC, Dylan. Might I make a suggestion on the wood floor installation? Knee pads and a back brace before you even get started!:D Good luck, I'm sure it will go fine.:thumbsup:

Thank you, Mark. To be honest, I had not even thought of knee pads and/or a back brace, I so very appreciate the tip. I am going to go pull out my old pads (used for roofing some years ago) and set them aside with the tools for the project.

Figured I would pull out this beauty to accompany me with an evening winter smoke. Mostly just overcast right now and a pipe tends to be a bit less lengthy of a commitment compared to a cigar. (Next year's project: building a cover for my back deck...)

CCg6QQQ.jpg

Great picture there. Sorry I didn't know argy bargy wasn't in use in the U.S.:D I think we should all start using the old fashioned phrases. Then we could confuse the youngsters. :D

Ironwood SFO
poPfpq8.jpg

Happy hump-day to all!

The red contrasts with the ironwood perfectly. Great shot. :thumbsup:

Those look very yummy. :cool::thumbsup:

Those look delicious David :) :thumbsup:

Thanks chaps. I was finding that shop bought mince pies were a bit short on, well, mince. :rolleyes: They were also bloating me up (more than a mince pie would bloat you up:D) so I started making my own. I'm quite pleased with the result so far. :thumbsup:

donn donn - The mince pies look warm and inviting. Your reference to Argy Bargy motivated me to see its’ definition, as well as to trigger an 80s memory of a Squeeze Album of the same name.:)

“A wee dram to ward off the Winter chill.” Along with a J. Milner Lamb. Cheers!
View attachment 1247328

That J. Milner is a fine knife. Your a lucky chap.:thumbsup:
I'm going to have to look up that album now as I was still in shorts for most of the 80's. :D

I'm sure the fine English weather didn't help the life span of those old bikes. :(

The '18 is riding along today.
49204305393_256df565df_h.jpg

What kills vehicles in the UK more than the actual weather is over here in the winter they grit the roads with rock salt. :rolleyes:
Great picture with that engine diagram.:thumbsup:

No knife for me today as I've chosen to go into work (to escape the UK general election :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:). But I'll post something anyways.
VplwZRA.jpg

Hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Excellent Lambsfoot. :cool::thumbsup:

Lovely photo Dan :) :thumbsup:

Great picture there. Sorry I didn't know argy bargy wasn't in use in the U.S.:D I think we should all start using the old fashioned phrases. Then we could confuse the youngsters. :D

Gracias Guardianes :) !
Hey David, I don't know if "argy bargy" is used in Canada as I am still learning English as a second language however I will find out ... thinking I could just say it at work or with friends and see what they think ... especially with my Spanish accent :D

Hey Guardians, meet Toby :)
We brought him home last night :) and he is settling wonderfully with us :thumbsup:

A few weeks ago we lost Koko :( ( last picture ) . He was only seven. He went everywhere with us ... sailing, xc skiing, walking, bicycling ( he is in a winter video I posted a little while ago). He got sick suddenly and the vet could not save him ... we miss him so very much and grieved his loss intensely.

Toby
hJcv51b.jpg

nVgBKSw.jpg

Koko

PwkjTZo.jpg

Jjn3I2o.jpg

Hey David, I don't know if "argy bargy" is used in Canada as I am still learning English as a second language however I will find out ... thinking I could just say it at work or with friends and see what they think ... especially with my Spanish accent :D

We brought him home last night :) and he is settling wonderfully with us :thumbsup:

A few weeks ago we lost Koko :( ( last picture ) . He was only seven. He went everywhere with us ... sailing, xc skiing, walking, bicycling ( he is in a winter video I posted a little while ago). He got sick suddenly and the vet could not save him ... we miss him so very much and grieved his loss intensely.

Toby
hJcv51b.jpg

nVgBKSw.jpg

Koko

PwkjTZo.jpg

Jjn3I2o.jpg
Sorry about Koko. We lost a dog (Italian Greyhound: "Stretch") about a year ago. Always hard. Toby is beautiful. Hope he has many years ahead.

I'm sure the fine English weather didn't help the life span of those old bikes. :(
I think about all the shows I went to and I wish I would have had the forethought to carry a camera with me. Then again, I probably would have gotten it smashed to pieces in the pit.

Ahhh, a little hair of the dog. :D I love that bark like texture on those handles. :thumbsup:

The '18 is riding along today.
49204305393_256df565df_h.jpg

No, that's certainly the case with old classic bikes and cars :( At least bikes are easier to clean. Yeah, nobody carried a camera in those days, a real shame. Thanks buddy, that's a great pic :D My mate really liked the book :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Read the reviews and Diplomatico in this iteration, sounds delicious. I’ll have to try it. I find Havana Club 7 a perfect partner for a peppery Havana:( or Nicaraguan:), while the Diplomatico sounds perfect as a stand alone sipper. Again, Cheers!

I was introduced to it about 15 years ago Harvey, by a bar-tender I knew who had just done a tutored tasting of a load of good rums. He poured me a shot, and I was blown away. Expensive, but delicious :)

Howdy All!
Been missing this place, got some more catching up to do, but fantastic posts by all of you!:):thumbsup:

Here's Big'un posing with a Savage 1921.

View attachment 1247472 View attachment 1247473

Great to see you here Dennis, cool pics :cool: Hope you're doing OK my friend :thumbsup:

Hello Guardians! As has been happening more often during the last week or so I’m running late today. I’ve had my Ironwood Damascus SFO for my Lambsfoot carry today. As has been the case with all of Jacks SFO’s Jack Black Jack Black this one is a joy to have. Just a beautiful knife! :) :thumbsup:

47643050672_c221c55457_o_d.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Ron :) :thumbsup:

It is one of Jack's finest SFOs, in my humble opinion. Also a true testament to what Wright's could be capable of.

Indeed!

Thank you, Jack. I've done a few floors in years past but never made a habit of it. The end result will be worth the aching back... (I hope... :oops:)

Thank you, Mark. To be honest, I had not even thought of knee pads and/or a back brace, I so very appreciate the tip. I am going to go pull out my old pads (used for roofing some years ago) and set them aside with the tools for the project.

Figured I would pull out this beauty to accompany me with an evening winter smoke. Mostly just overcast right now and a pipe tends to be a bit less lengthy of a commitment compared to a cigar. (Next year's project: building a cover for my back deck...)

CCg6QQQ.jpg

Thanks Dylan, it's such a shame that they can't produce that sort of quality consistently :( That is such a wonderful photo, I love the inverted view of the bare trees in your whisky :cool: :thumbsup:

Agreed with the Ironwood.

Russell

View attachment 1247584

A lovely shot of that wood Russell :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1247594

My lone remaining lamb. I was perusing this thread after having been away so long. So many great examples! I'm glad I still have one, but sometimes I do miss my Ironwood and my Ashley's Choice.

That's a shame :( Good to see you here Joshua :thumbsup:

Thanks chaps. I was finding that shop bought mince pies were a bit short on, well, mince. :rolleyes: They were also bloating me up (more than a mince pie would bloat you up:D) so I started making my own. I'm quite pleased with the result so far. :thumbsup:

That J. Milner is a fine knife. Your a lucky chap.:thumbsup:
I'm going to have to look up that album now as I was still in shorts for most of the 80's. :D

What kills vehicles in the UK more than the actual weather is over here in the winter they grit the roads with rock salt. :rolleyes:
Great picture with that engine diagram.:thumbsup:

No knife for me today as I've chosen to go into work (to escape the UK general election :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:). But I'll post something anyways.
VplwZRA.jpg

Hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Homemade ones are usually far superior David, there was a time when I made several hundred each Christmas :)

Absolutely, it's the salt that does it :eek:

Cool pic David, when I was a kid you used to see those all round the coast, but they seem less common today :( :thumbsup:

I already confuse them. :D

:D :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians.
Another Christmas ornament.
Not sure why my Wife calls me a Such a Nerd? o_O

:D :cool: :thumbsup:

And a lovely Thursday to my fellow Guardians!
9rffl1F.jpg

Looking good Vince :) :thumbsup:

The "Rock" hosting an Ebony Standard.

4NEHqTi.jpg

:cool: :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians.
4F3E0890-CC1C-4D7A-9A17-37E707912FEB_zpsydcsiv4u.jpeg

Fab photo Harvey :thumbsup:

Toby
hJcv51b.jpg

nVgBKSw.jpg

Koko

PwkjTZo.jpg

Jjn3I2o.jpg

Very sorry to hear about Koko passing Dan :( Toby is a real cutie, hope he has a long and happy life :) :thumbsup:

Hi Guardians, it's 8.00pm here, and I've had a long and very busy day. Mid afternoon I picked up a thoughtful package from Mike @Crazy Canuck :) Mike sent me some shaving cream he was telling me about recently, which I will be trying out tomorrow, together with one of the Astra razor blades he included. Many thanks Mike, really kind of you my friend :) :thumbsup:

DuWdkXU.jpg

Friday tomorrow! :) :) :thumbsup:

Back