Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I was snacking on some treats the wife made... and I thought, "Let's make Harvey proud". ;)
Those treats look almost as good as that Waynorth does...and we all know how good that waynorth looks. :thumbsup:

Showing some nice character there my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack.
Jake is wearing in nicely. It is ,most definitely, my most carried pocket knife at the moment.
49188570243_9abc798846_h.jpg

Happy Monday, folks.

I hope everyone had a terrific weekend. We got ourselves a Christmas tree, did some decorating, AND I cleaned out my garage (that last one was quite a task and a worthy accomplishment :eek:). This evening will commence with further decorating and the imbibing of adult recreational beverages.

This Waynorth in Ebony has kept me company today.

Lisr3cs.jpg

It's a blue-collar knife GT! :D Welcome back my friend ;) Two great pics :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)

5K Qs 5K Qs - A quite handsome Valley Jack, GT.

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1245220
Thanks for the positive review, Harvey. :)
"What's up, Doc?" ;):thumbsup::cool:

I've been slipping a few years now Ed! :eek: :D In my defence, I was distracted by Santa's 'Elf'! ;) :D :thumbsup:

fHk4uPC.jpg

Like ED, the "Double Mint Twins" caught my eye in Jack's Christmas Market pic, but I agree with Jack that some women make striped knee socks look VERY good! :rolleyes:

Wonderful picture, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :)

Good Morning Guardians
Oink, Oink!! Mine's a pocket hog too!!:D Love the feel and usefulness of that Ebony knife!!
View attachment 1245472
We're on an Ebony roll!:thumbsup::cool:

btEJ6F9.jpg
John, Charlie, and Mark, your ebony WCLFs are splendid!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
And each of you included an intriguing non-knife attraction (Enterprise, bear totem, stick) in your pics! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm just having my mid-morning coffee, while trying to restore order to the chaos of Grumble Towers :eek: Boy, do I have some kipple! :rolleyes:
I had to look up "kipple" and was surprised to see its connection to science fiction. Then I followed a variety of links telling me about Philip K. Dick, of whom I had heard, but I can't recall having ever read any of his novels or short stories, even though I read quite a bit of science fiction from my late teens to mid twenties, at least. Thanks for contributing to my continuing education, Jack! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Great pics Jack. I didn't know Knaresborough had a Christmas Market, but it appears everywhere does these days.
I visited Lincoln Christmas Market on Thursday. I can't stand crowds these days either but it wasn't bad with it being middle of the week....
I took my horn lambsfoot with me just in case I ran into knife arches, but I didn't come across silliness like that.
juVGmjs.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.:thumbsup:
As always, I enjoyed the photos of your travels, David. Great to see the Eye of Sauron with you! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
When I visited my daughter in Spain in late Dec. / early Jan. 5 years ago, the Christmas markets in most of the cities we visited were a new experience for me. My daughter found them far more interesting than I did. The incredibly crowded market in Madrid caused me to escape at the first available exit, and I sat on a bench outside and whittled while my daughter fought her way through all of the tents! :eek::thumbsdown:

We were talking about sharpening equipment a few weeks back, and I received a bumper package from @Reaper AL in the week, which along with a lot of other stuff, included a couple of large paddle strops, and this Guided Field Sharpener from Work Sharp. I used it straight away, and was impressed, it seems like a pretty good sharpening system to keep in a pack, or in the glove-box. It has coarse and fine diamond-coated plates, which attach onto the sides magnetically, which means they can be replaced (and small items, such as a piece of stropping compound) can be placed underneath. There's a (removable) ceramic rod, which rotates to give 3 options, and even a small leather strop :cool: :thumbsup:
Congrats on the new sharpening equipment, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Kudos to @Reaper AL for his thoughtfulness! :):thumbsup::cool:

:D:D:D WOW GT
It's going to take me while to get a few chickadees to hold a lambsfoot on their heads :D
Take your time, Dan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

FBC, regarding that knife, the "I's" have it:
iconic, ideal, illustrious, immaculate, impeccable, imperial, important, imposing, impressive, incredible, influential, ingenious, insane, inspirational, inspiring, interesting, intriguing, inviting, irresistible :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Without a doubt, I love my Ebony Big un. Perfect size.
View attachment 1245775
Expansive ebony lambsfoot, Harvey!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Stunning photo of your beautiful Ironwood SFO, GT. Glad to see you back.:thumbsup:
Hoping this weekend has been good to everyone. :thumbsup:

hEqGiuD.jpg
Thanks, Mark. :)
Another superb shot of yours! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What's the wonderfull wood background?

Eager Beaver :)
That's a good dam video, Dan! ;):cool::cool:

Looks like you're channeling Harvey's photo style, John! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lambsfoot for me this week is Black Jack, my ebony Guardians 2018 SFO:
BJ.mark.Vopen.flat.sunset.jpg

And here's another holiday shot of my Union Jack, in a woefully empty candy dish:
UJ.candydish.jpg

- GT

Thanks Jack.
Jake is wearing in nicely. It is ,most definitely, my most carried pocket knife at the moment.
49188570243_9abc798846_h.jpg

THat's good to hear Kevin :) Nice pic :thumbsup:

Happy Monday, folks.

I hope everyone had a terrific weekend. We got ourselves a Christmas tree, did some decorating, AND I cleaned out my garage (that last one was quite a task and a worthy accomplishment :eek:). This evening will commence with further decorating and the imbibing of adult recreational beverages.

Lisr3cs.jpg

Sounds like you've been busy Dylan :) Your ebony WCLF is looking good my friend :thumbsup:

Pàdruig Pàdruig You beat me by a couple of minutes Dylan! :D :thumbsup: This Ebony beauty has been with me today! :)

48379262366_16da809f7f_o_d.jpg

Great-looking knife :cool: :thumbsup:

I had to look up "kipple" and was surprised to see its connection to science fiction. Then I followed a variety of links telling me about Philip K. Dick, of whom I had heard, but I can't recall having ever read any of his novels or short stories, even though I read quite a bit of science fiction from my late teens to mid twenties, at least. Thanks for contributing to my continuing education, Jack! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Congrats on the new sharpening equipment, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Kudos to @Reaper AL for his thoughtfulness! :):thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1246632

And here's another holiday shot of my Union Jack, in a woefully empty candy dish:
View attachment 1246633

- GT

It's a word I first came across in the 1970's Gary :) Thank you my friend, the sharpener Al sent me is very handy. I thought my Hartshead Barlow needed a touch up yesterday. Normally, I have a small pocket strop I reach for, but instead I picked up the sharpener, and gave the blade a few strokes on the fine ceramic rod, and then on the integral strop. Didn't even have to leave my chair! :D :thumbsup: Nice to see both your Black Jack and Union Jack, they are both looking well-loved :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - What a grand building, Jack. Matches nicely with you Hartshead.:thumbsup:

Good Evening Guardians.

Another fine walk with Ari, despite the cold and damp weather.
6351024B-863A-41F9-8DB3-12B1A7D70ED5_zpscomof5ya.jpeg

View attachment 1246691

Thank you Harvey, I'm glad you enjoyed your walk, those photos are beautiful, lovely colours :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I hope that everyone's week is going well so far. I just remembered that I have arranged to meet a friend for a pre-Xmas drink tonight, we're just going to our local pub, as it gets crazy in the city centre this time of year. Looking forward to it though :) I have my Hartshead Barlow in my pocket again today, but I might change to my AC when I go out later :thumbsup:

I bought my mate with the tool stall an old book on the history of engines, which I suspect most folks would find very boring, but which I know he'll love :D We have a mutual friend, who despite being 85, still rides his vintage Velocette motorcycle most days, with a long run at least once a week :cool: :thumbsup:

wR62FMr.jpg

Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

Morning folks! Popping in quickly before a very busy day to say that I haven’t run off with Linus and disappeared. Just been a bit busier than I’d hoped to be while he’s here.

He continues to be the perfect guest and hasn’t been shy about pitching in and helping. I have some photos from last weekend that I hope to get up int the next couple of days. And I hope for a final adventure this weekend before it’s time for him to continue his journey.

Good Morning Guardians
I swear this IS a Christmas ornament. :D

:D :cool: :thumbsup:

Good morning all. Afternoon, Jack. Only 3 more wake-ups til the weekend! I'll have to catch up later.
Cool drawing with your Hartshead, Jack! It's looking great with the patina.:thumbsup:

SFO's
zGv3HKA.jpg

Hope your week is going OK Mark :) Thank you for your kind words, I think my friend will like that book. That is a superb photo my friend :) :thumbsup:

HKkhSTI.jpg

Morning folks! Popping in quickly before a very busy day to say that I haven’t run off with Linus and disappeared. Just been a bit busier than I’d hoped to be while he’s here.

He continues to be the perfect guest and hasn’t been shy about pitching in and helping. I have some photos from last weekend that I hope to get up int the next couple of days. And I hope for a final adventure this weekend before it’s time for him to continue his journey.

Nice to have news of you and Linus Greg :thumbsup:

Another rainy here today, and pretty gloomy and miserable. Yesterday, I was struck by the beauty of the mid-Winter moon in the middle of the afternoon :) :thumbsup:

sD4M0w2.jpg

donn donn - I always enjoy your photo essay like posts, David.

Good Afternoon Guardians.

Without a doubt, I love my Ebony Big un. Perfect size.
View attachment 1245775

Thanks Harvey.
Great looking ebony there. :thumbsup:

Enjoyed your posts very much, David, as always.:thumbsup::cool: Buy Jack a pint for me, will ya?;)

hEqGiuD.jpg

I'm sure it won't be just one pint. :D
Great colours on all that wood there.

but I forgot to take into account what an utterly thoughtless bovine my sister is!

I'm sure February will soon come round :thumbsup:

Your sister as well eh? :rolleyes:
I'm sure it will Jack. :):thumbsup:

I was snacking on some treats the wife made... and I thought, "Let's make Harvey proud". ;)

You've got some great treats! :)

Happy Monday, folks.

Lisr3cs.jpg

Having once spent days cleaning my dad's garage out I'm sure that handsome Waynorth earned it's keep. :thumbsup:

As always, I enjoyed the photos of your travels, David. Great to see the Eye of Sauron with you! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
When I visited my daughter in Spain in late Dec. / early Jan. 5 years ago, the Christmas markets in most of the cities we visited were a new experience for me. My daughter found them far more interesting than I did. The incredibly crowded market in Madrid caused me to escape at the first available exit, and I sat on a bench outside and whittled while my daughter fought her way through all of the tents! :eek::thumbsdown:

View attachment 1246632

View attachment 1246633

- GT

Thanks GT. I know what you saying; I find some of these special events to be pretty tiring and at the end of day don't actually sell much that's of much interest to me. I hope you find some candy to keep your Union Jack company. :thumbsup:

Another rainy here today, and pretty gloomy and miserable. Yesterday, I was struck by the beauty of the mid-Winter moon in the middle of the afternoon :) :thumbsup:

sD4M0w2.jpg

Great shot. Today is quite the contrast to yesterday's wall-to-wall blue sky.

Just pootling round my house today so this one hasn't seen much use at all.
vF2PAtX.jpg

FBC, regarding that knife, the "I's" have it:
iconic, ideal, illustrious, immaculate, impeccable, imperial, important, imposing, impressive, incredible, influential, ingenious, insane, inspirational, inspiring, interesting, intriguing, inviting, irresistible :cool::thumbsup:
That's a lot of I's!
Thanks, Gary.

THat's good to hear Kevin :) Nice pic :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack.
That '36 Velocette on the Wiki page has some sweet lines. :thumbsup:

Starting off my day with my ox horn lamb , some upbeat music and a lot of coffee. Have a terrific Tuesday Guardians
49199909406_f71bb4f693_h.jpg

Back