Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Pàdruig Pàdruig You beat me by a couple of minutes Dylan! :D :thumbsup: This Ebony beauty has been with me today! :)

48379262366_16da809f7f_o_d.jpg

You know what they say about great minds and all that... ;). I fine looking knife, Ron.

Sounds like you've been busy Dylan :) Your ebony WCLF is looking good my friend :thumbsup:

Busy indeed, and I'm afraid that won't change anytime soon. We took advantage of some of the sales last week and we ended up getting all new flooring for our house. I'm the lucky chap who gets to install it...

Going with a tried and true favorite today.

tWrPuM5.jpg

You know what they say about great minds and all that... ;). I fine looking knife, Ron.

Busy indeed, and I'm afraid that won't change anytime soon. We took advantage of some of the sales last week and we ended up getting all new flooring for our house. I'm the lucky chap who gets to install it...

tWrPuM5.jpg
I can see why it is a favorite.:cool:

tWrPuM5.jpg
Great minds and great knives! :thumbsup: :)

Hello Guardians :)
I love the variety of topics in this thread :thumbsup:
From getting hooked onto slingshots to researching about the Lincoln cathedral, to finding out/googling what exactly is going on between Lancashire and Yorkshire :D ,to images from Texas and New Zealand, to awesome pictures of yummy desserts :) etc etc :thumbsup: ... and all of this in a lambsfoot sort of context :D

I finally got a pic of a blue jay and my lambsfoot. They are shy creatures. I could not get in his face as I do with the chickadees and this is the best my iphone 6 digital zoom could do

aHqyE1o.jpg

0P3J4ra.jpg

qkqpteB.jpg

Your sister as well eh? :rolleyes:
I'm sure it will Jack. :):thumbsup:

Just pootling round my house today so this one hasn't seen much use at all.
vF2PAtX.jpg

:D :thumbsup:

Thought I'd make this new day a SFO Barlow day.

MiVcNlc.jpg

Ace pic Ed :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you my friend. Very thoughtful and beautiful book for your friend.

Inspired by @herder Jack Black Jack Black
View attachment 1246880

View attachment 1246881

Thanks Harvey, your Sheldon Knife is in beautiful condition :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack.
That '36 Velocette on the Wiki page has some sweet lines. :thumbsup:

Starting off my day with my ox horn lamb , some upbeat music and a lot of coffee. Have a terrific Tuesday Guardians
49199909406_f71bb4f693_h.jpg

I've always thought Velocettes were among the most beautiful of bikes, even when they were a kid they were only rarely seen. Nice pic Kevin, I saw the Damned in 1981 :thumbsup:

tcUE28P.jpg

tWrPuM5.jpg

LOL! Good luck Dylan :eek: :D I'm sure you'll do a fine job mate, great pic of your AC :) :thumbsup:

On my first second beer.
JiJwGTC.jpg

Cheers Dave :) :thumbsup:

Hello Guardians :)
I love the variety of topics in this thread :thumbsup:
From getting hooked onto slingshots to researching about the Lincoln cathedral, to finding out/googling what exactly is going on between Lancashire and Yorkshire :D ,to images from Texas and New Zealand, to awesome pictures of yummy desserts :) etc etc :thumbsup: ... and all of this in a lambsfoot sort of context :D

I finally got a pic of a blue jay and my lambsfoot. They are shy creatures. I could not get in his face as I do with the chickadees and this is the best my iphone 6 digital zoom could do

aHqyE1o.jpg

0P3J4ra.jpg

qkqpteB.jpg

Well done Dan, fantastic photos :cool: :thumbsup:

Not a Guardian but figured you all would appreciate this image. I’m reading up on George Mallory’s 1924 expedition on Mt. Everest...look what they found in his pocket when they discovered his body...
HG9kl4n.jpg

Thanks Mark, the fact that George Mallory carried a Lambsfoot means a lot to some of us Guardians, and it is discussed fairly regularly here. You'll find links to some of the early discussion in the thread index . Hope you'll be inspired, by your reading, to join us ;) Just Lambsfoot knives here, so I've cropped your pic. If you could edit your post, that'd be nice. Hope you'll call in and see us again soon :) :thumbsup:

Edit - Thanks Mark :thumbsup:

Last edited:
to finding out/googling what exactly is going on between Lancashire and Yorkshire :D

Simply put, several centuries of argy bargy.:D

aHqyE1o.jpg

0P3J4ra.jpg

qkqpteB.jpg

Now that blue jay is a handsome bird. Here in the UK we have a Jay which, at least where I live, is pretty elusive.
No knife for me today as I'm about to step out the door to work so here's a pic of some mince pies from a few days back.:thumbsup:
XU33a2A.jpg

Thank you Mark, it's been quite a nice one. I got a surprise invitation to join my mate, and his missus and kids, for curry and beer, so that was an unexpected treat :) Hope you've been having a good weekend yourself :thumbsup:

I believe that Necco wafers are no longer made now unfortunately, but they certainly had a good run :)

Wright's sourced the Ironwood in the USA, it was pricey, but fabulous wood I think :) That's a great pic of your 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot my friend :) :thumbsup:
Sounds fun, Jack.:thumbsup: I had a great weekend too, thanks. Both granddaughters spend the night at our house on Saturday nights, so the weekend usually involves energetic little girls proudly showing off what they've learned at gymnastics that week.:eek::D They helped put up more than one tree and worked for hours making Christmas ornaments for gifts. Thanks for the info and compliments.:thumbsup:

Ramrodmb Ramrodmb - Thank you Mark. Hope you enjoy your Big ún as much as I am.:thumbsup: That’s a great Guaurdian SFO image.

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack.:)
Thanks, Harvey. I bet I will!:thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :)

Thanks for the positive review, Harvey. :)
"What's up, Doc?" ;):thumbsup::cool:

Like ED, the "Double Mint Twins" caught my eye in Jack's Christmas Market pic, but I agree with Jack that some women make striped knee socks look VERY good! :rolleyes:

Thanks, John. :)

John, Charlie, and Mark, your ebony WCLFs are splendid!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
And each of you included an intriguing non-knife attraction (Enterprise, bear totem, stick) in your pics! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I had to look up "kipple" and was surprised to see its connection to science fiction. Then I followed a variety of links telling me about Philip K. Dick, of whom I had heard, but I can't recall having ever read any of his novels or short stories, even though I read quite a bit of science fiction from my late teens to mid twenties, at least. Thanks for contributing to my continuing education, Jack! ;):cool::thumbsup:

As always, I enjoyed the photos of your travels, David. Great to see the Eye of Sauron with you! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
When I visited my daughter in Spain in late Dec. / early Jan. 5 years ago, the Christmas markets in most of the cities we visited were a new experience for me. My daughter found them far more interesting than I did. The incredibly crowded market in Madrid caused me to escape at the first available exit, and I sat on a bench outside and whittled while my daughter fought her way through all of the tents! :eek::thumbsdown:

Congrats on the new sharpening equipment, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Kudos to @Reaper AL for his thoughtfulness! :):thumbsup::cool:

Take your time, Dan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

FBC, regarding that knife, the "I's" have it:
iconic, ideal, illustrious, immaculate, impeccable, imperial, important, imposing, impressive, incredible, influential, ingenious, insane, inspirational, inspiring, interesting, intriguing, inviting, irresistible :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Expansive ebony lambsfoot, Harvey!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Mark. :)
Another superb shot of yours! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What's the wonderfull wood background?

That's a good dam video, Dan! ;):cool::cool:

Looks like you're channeling Harvey's photo style, John! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lambsfoot for me this week is Black Jack, my ebony Guardians 2018 SFO:
View attachment 1246632

And here's another holiday shot of my Union Jack, in a woefully empty candy dish:
View attachment 1246633

- GT
Thanks, GT. :thumbsup: That wood background was a fancy door in the hospital I found while roaming around waiting for my wife while she had some tests done. Everything came out fine.:)

:D :cool: :thumbsup:

Hope your week is going OK Mark :) Thank you for your kind words, I think my friend will like that book. That is a superb photo my friend :) :thumbsup:

HKkhSTI.jpg

Nice to have news of you and Linus Greg :thumbsup:

Another rainy here today, and pretty gloomy and miserable. Yesterday, I was struck by the beauty of the mid-Winter moon in the middle of the afternoon :) :thumbsup:

sD4M0w2.jpg
Thanks, Jack. I bet your friend will like the book. That's quite a bright moon there during the day!

Thanks Harvey.
Great looking ebony there. :thumbsup:

I'm sure it won't be just one pint. :D
Great colours on all that wood there.

Your sister as well eh? :rolleyes:
I'm sure it will Jack. :):thumbsup:

You've got some great treats! :)

Having once spent days cleaning my dad's garage out I'm sure that handsome Waynorth earned it's keep. :thumbsup:

Thanks GT. I know what you saying; I find some of these special events to be pretty tiring and at the end of day don't actually sell much that's of much interest to me. I hope you find some candy to keep your Union Jack company. :thumbsup:

Great shot. Today is quite the contrast to yesterday's wall-to-wall blue sky.

Just pootling round my house today so this one hasn't seen much use at all.
vF2PAtX.jpg
It should never be just one, David.:D Thanks!

tWrPuM5.jpg
Great looking Stag on your AC, Dylan. Might I make a suggestion on the wood floor installation? Knee pads and a back brace before you even get started!:D Good luck, I'm sure it will go fine.:thumbsup:

A pic that reminds me of Fall, before the snow came.:rolleyes:

Ironwood SFO
poPfpq8.jpg

Happy hump-day to all!

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Cool looking Velocette. Fine image of of the pint and your WCLF.

JohnDF JohnDF - Hey John. Love your Fisherman Ornament and WCLF.

Ramrodmb Ramrodmb - Beautiful image, Mark, of your Ironwood SFO. The red is a great touch.

donn donn - The mince pies look warm and inviting. Your reference to Argy Bargy motivated me to see its’ definition, as well as to trigger an 80s memory of a Squeeze Album of the same name.:)

Good Morning Guardians.

A friend brought over a partially filled Mason Jar of my absolute favorite Rum, 7 yr old Havana Club. A shame I can’t get a whole bottle.:(:)

“A wee dram to ward off the Winter chill.” Along with a J. Milner Lamb. Cheers!
74327C01-14E5-4800-8BD7-66202455FD95.jpeg

Last edited:
No knife for me today as I'm about to step out the door to work so here's a pic of some mince pies from a few days back.:thumbsup:
XU33a2A.jpg

Those look delicious David :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Here's my WCLF Lambsfoot for the day and a really cool Fishmas ornament...

Very cool ornament to complement your ebony WCLF John :) :thumbsup:

Lovely photo Dan :) :thumbsup:

Sounds fun, Jack.:thumbsup: I had a great weekend too, thanks. Both granddaughters spend the night at our house on Saturday nights, so the weekend usually involves energetic little girls proudly showing off what they've learned at gymnastics that week.:eek::D They helped put up more than one tree and worked for hours making Christmas ornaments for gifts. Thanks for the info and compliments.:thumbsup:

Thanks, Harvey. I bet I will!:thumbsup:

Thanks, GT. :thumbsup: That wood background was a fancy door in the hospital I found while roaming around waiting for my wife while she had some tests done. Everything came out fine.:)

Thanks, Jack. I bet your friend will like the book. That's quite a bright moon there during the day!

It should never be just one, David.:D Thanks!

Great looking Stag on your AC, Dylan. Might I make a suggestion on the wood floor installation? Knee pads and a back brace before you even get started!:D Good luck, I'm sure it will go fine.:thumbsup:

A pic that reminds me of Fall, before the snow came.:rolleyes:

Ironwood SFO
poPfpq8.jpg

Happy hump-day to all!

That sounds familiar Mark! :D I'm glad you had a great weekend :) I think the book would bore the pants off most folks, but I think my friend will love it :D That's a stunning photo my friend :cool: :thumbsup:

I'm going to kick-start the new day with this "L-il Un" with shaped handle and horn covers.

TmlQHX8.jpg

Nice choice Ed :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Cool looking Velocette. Fine image of of the pint and your WCLF.

JohnDF JohnDF - Hey John. Love your Fisherman Ornament and WCLF.

Ramrodmb Ramrodmb - Beautiful image, Mark, of your Ironwood SFO. The red is a great touch.

donn donn - The mince pies look warm and inviting. Your reference to Argy Bargy motivated me to see its’ definition, as well as to trigger an 80s memory of a Squeeze Album of the same name.:)

Good Morning Guardians.

A friend brought over a partially filled Mason Jar of my absolute favorite Rum, 7 yr old Havana Club. A shame I can’t get a whole bottle.:(:)

“A wee dram to ward off the Winter chill.” Along with a J. Milner Lamb. Cheers!
View attachment 1247328

Thank you Harvey, you just inspired me to try and get hold of a bottle of my favourite rum for Christmas :)

rum_dip6.jpg

That's a wonderful pic of your fabulous Milner :) :thumbsup:

I hope everyone is having a good day :) I'll be off to the market early in the morning, and the forecast is for low temperatures, wind, and heavy rain, so I might add something extra to my coffee to keep out the chill ;) :thumbsup:

0aks4jJ.jpg

Good Morning Guardians
I swear this IS a Christmas ornament. :D

Cool Christmas ornament and a beauty of a Lambsfoot , John. :thumbsup:

I've always thought Velocettes were among the most beautiful of bikes, even when they were a kid they were only rarely seen. Nice pic Kevin, I saw the Damned in 1981 :thumbsup:
I'm sure the fine English weather didn't help the life span of those old bikes. :(
I think about all the shows I went to and I wish I would have had the forethought to carry a camera with me. Then again, I probably would have gotten it smashed to pieces in the pit.

Morning Guardians, the ale was flowing last night, and the spring in my step is somewhat dampened today :D Had a good night though :) Thought I'd slip my Charlie Lamb into my pocket. Have a good day Guardians :) :thumbsup:

UISGTvI.jpg

U2lRQjA.jpg
Ahhh, a little hair of the dog. :D I love that bark like texture on those handles. :thumbsup:

The '18 is riding along today.
49204305393_256df565df_h.jpg

Back