Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I spy an ebony WCLF! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Exquisitely elegant, Ron. :)

I spy a white WCFL AND a small sambar stag Wright lambsfoot! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
IMHO, those are a couple of rare ones, Ron. :)
Thanks so much for the compliments Gary! :) Your Valley Jack is a beautiful example my friend! :thumbsup:

Dan. LOVE your photo's of our wee friends!

Nice one Ron- hope you are well matey!
Latest update on my amazing Lambs-foot Stags, both personally handed over to me by our wonderful Jack- Jack gifted me this AC Stag- and I love it

so much- in fact this will be in my edc rotation pretty much for good!
That gorgeous Hartshead gets a LOT of use as well!
LOVE 'EM!!!!

gV7KkhX.jpg

maRthnw.jpg

c243bbq.jpg

W3cn47y.jpg
Thanks Duncan! Best wishes from Pam and myself! We hope you are doing well my friend! The Stags are certainly special ones. Two wonderful SFO’s from Mr. Jack Black! :thumbsup: :)

Hope you got a good night's sleep Ron :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! Thank you so much for the pictorial adventures for this weekend. I always enjoy them very much and of course the great Lambsfoot content is icing on the cake! :thumbsup: :D

Fantastic pictures from everyone as always, thanks all!!!

I went out to a Chinese New Years dinner with a group of friends last night from an art based community who knew little about knives.
They were all more than interested and impressed with my Wright lambfoot model. Hard to beat good food, good company, and a good knife. :)

I don't see the link that I used in the past to upload a picture???

View attachment 1272791

Last edited:
Thank you, Jack. :)
Can't wait for the Trout Season to start. :):thumbsup:

When does it start John, 25th March in Yorkshire? :) :thumbsup:

Ebony Lambfoot on a Sierra Nevada coaster. Although Sierra Nevada Beer in not one of my favorites, their coasters make nice backgrounds for knife pictures.

JE0uHe4.jpg

Looking good Ed :D :thumbsup:

Thank you Harvey !

Hi Duncan, after I posted a pic of our friend Chippy yesterday I found out through my facebook feed that a few days ago was " Squirrel Appreciation Day " :)

https://universe.byu.edu/2015/01/21/squirrel-appreciation-day-8-facts-about-squirrels/

So I though I would share with you a couple pics of flying squirrels that my mother and I raised from babies about 20 years ago and kept as pets. I would carry them in my shirt pocket where they would curl up and fall asleep :). They would also jump/glide to me from higher places throughout the house.
MzuUmTx.jpg

zJv9aBR.jpg

Asleep squirrel in the hands of Dr Doolittle ja ja :D
yPtwmEV.jpg

For my fellow Guardian Jer :D
55ekP18.png

Lambsfoot content for today :D

BcW3FAo.jpg

Those photos are incredible Doc! :eek: :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! Thank you so much for the pictorial adventures for this weekend. I always enjoy them very much and of course the great Lambsfoot content is icing on the cake! :thumbsup: :D

Thanks Ron, hope you're having a great weekend my friend :thumbsup:

Fantastic pictures from everyone as always, thanks all!!!

I went out to a Chinese New Years dinner with a group of friends last night from an art based community who knew little about knives.
They were all more than interested and impressed with my Wright lambfoot model. Hard to beat good food, good company, and a good knife. :)

I don't see the link that I used in the past to upload a picture???

Sounds great buddy, give that pic another try ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words, David.
Those plaques are very nice, but I like the cup trophy the best. :) What's that one for?

Oh I don't know sorry John. That was taken in front of a little display in the brewery tap for Northern Monk brewery in Leeds Christmas 2018. A lot of breweries are always claiming some award or another. For Northern Monk it could be "The Most Expensive Beer in Yorkshire Award"... :rolleyes::D

Those buckles are worth their weight in gold for young, single men. There is a phenomenon called the Buckle Bunny.

Seriously?? Do you think I'd get any action with this...?? :D
3rpFwsP.jpg

Saying that. Single? Yes. Young? Not so much...:D

Can't wait to see your photos Duncan, hope you're having a great weekend mate :) :thumbsup:

I'm glad you're still enjoying that one John :) :thumbsup:

Hey Guardians! :) I have a few posts to catch up with, but I just got in, after what has been a pretty good day :) I set out fairly early, on the top deck of the 36 bus, which takes me in grand style, from the bottom of my street, out into the splendour of the Yorkshire countryside, passing through the Harewood Estate and Harewood Castle. Along the way, I saw numerous Red Kites, deer, and a heron, along with some magnificent views.

nQamEku.jpg

K4vHfyV.jpg

My first port of call was an antiques centre, close to the ancient village of Pannal . I haven't called here for a while, and it didn't look to be doing very well at all. A rather unproductive visit, but after a coffee, I headed out to the fields alongside the nearby River Crimple to practice with a couple of slingshots I had in my bag.

y7McUuN.jpg

I walked a couple of miles through the fields, before heading over to another area I wanted to visit, Gallows Hill, close to the West Yorkshire market town of Otley. The last time I was at Gallows Hill, there wasn't much there, but local people have constructed a nice little nature reserve, which is coming along. I had another nice walk, exploring the multitude of paths, and then walking into Otley itself alongside the River Wharfe.

Y5H3V0X.jpg

haQI8oO.jpg

BErSsdq.jpg

After a little more slingshot practice along the way, I arrived to find Otley busy and bustling, with lots of people exploring the market. After another coffee, I went to visit a few shops in an old Victorian arcade, where I've picked up a few knives in the past.

NtXibia.jpg

Longstanding members may remember the eccentric proprietor of one 'collector's centre' here, 'Cardigan Woman', who told me she would be retiring shortly. Sadly, there were no knives to be had here, or in any of the other shops.

Having forgotten the cheese and onion pastie I'd set aside last night, I was getting somewhat peckish, but every eaterie I came to, including the Italian place I mentioned yesterday, was packed :(

I picked up a couple of nice-looking beers from a great ale shop in the town, and an impressive sourdough loaf from a local bakery, where I also got a snack. These 3 cute doggies were waiting outside :)

X650VHY.jpg

I got a few guides to local walks from Otley library, but realising I'd just missed the hourly bus I wanted to catch, I thought I might have to kill some time with a pint ;) Fortunately, Otley has some excellent pubs, including 'The Old Cock' :thumbsup:

ixl8uei.jpg

I was a bit spoiled for choice by the ales on offer, and ended up getting a pint of Brass Castle's excellent Hazelnut Porter, with half a Mad Monk Imperial Stout on the side ;) :thumbsup:

zKmEaLK.jpg

I had a pleasant journey back home, and the loaf I'd picked up looked so good that I decided I'd have a couple of buttered slices with my forgotten pastie :)

FWDN7JP.jpg

l3Dn5ZI.jpg

I hope everyone else has had a lovely day :) Thanks for getting us to 35,000 posts :) :thumbsup:

Looks like a great day out Jack! Otley is still on my list but Lord knows when I'll get there. Also I didn't know you could get to Harewood Castle. I always thought it was out of bounds.

Congratulation on the 35,000 posts :thumbsup::)
To celebrate I'll post one of my favorite lambsfoot pics.
Chippy:)
oAXQag0.jpg

Good Lord, it's turning into a zoo! :D:thumbsup:

A few pics from my walk in Derbyshire yesterday.
Mn7ylKk.jpg

XkNBTQ2.jpg

GKOwCML.jpg

281qo6m.jpg

And Chinese New Year in Manchester.
qfRNyEx.jpg

Hello, Guardians!
Yesterday, I went to a friend's daughter's birthday party. They hired a petting zoo, and while I couldn't get amazing pictures like Dan's, it still was a lot of fun.
oHlwo1w.jpg
iRjvcJ1.jpg

Probably have never posted these here .

Harry
Well, it's about time! Both wonderful, but that smooth white bone is fantastic.

I've been carrying my newest, the Ebony Big'un, but this coming week I'll switch it out for an old favorite. The Li'l Sambar. Often mistaken for an Ashley's, it's a shorter run Jack Black SFO. You can see the difference in the non-lined bolster.
Iq48cmg.jpg

Thanks Jack, hope you are doing well my friend! Almost time for me to crack open some good beers I have saved up over the month...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good thanks Taylor :) Well done, you're going to enjoy those :) :thumbsup:

Probably have never posted these here .

Harry

Fantastic Harry :) :thumbsup:

Oh I don't know sorry John. That was taken in front of a little display in the brewery tap for Northern Monk brewery in Leeds Christmas 2018. A lot of breweries are always claiming some award or another. For Northern Monk it could be "The Most Expensive Beer in Yorkshire Award"... :rolleyes::D

Yep! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Seriously?? Do you think I'd get any action with this...?? :D
3rpFwsP.jpg

Saying that. Single? Yes. Young? Not so much...:D

:D :D :thumbsup:

Looks like a great day out Jack! Otley is still on my list but Lord knows when I'll get there. Also I didn't know you could get to Harewood Castle. I always thought it was out of bounds.

Good Lord, it's turning into a zoo! :D:thumbsup:

Mn7ylKk.jpg

XkNBTQ2.jpg

GKOwCML.jpg

281qo6m.jpg

And Chinese New Year in Manchester.
qfRNyEx.jpg

Well worth visiting David :) It's a shame Beeching closed the train line :( Harewood Castle has been accessible for a few years now, it doesn't take long to visit. You can walk round it, but can't actually get into the interior, possibly dangerous I imagine :thumbsup:

o5Za21l.jpg

4vB8cS7.jpg

oXmuoG8.jpg

Those are beautiful photos, great to see your Hartshead Barlow out in Derbyshire :) Cool Chinese New Year pic too my friend :) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well worth visiting David :) It's a shame Beeching closed the train line :( Harewood Castle has been accessible for a few years now, it doesn't take long to visit. You can walk round it, but can't actually get into the interior, possibly dangerous I imagine :thumbsup:

o5Za21l.jpg

4vB8cS7.jpg

oXmuoG8.jpg

Those are beautiful photos, great to see your Hartshead Barlow out in Derbyshire :) Cool Chinese New Year pic too my friend :) :thumbsup:

That looks great; I've been Harewood House but never the castle as I always thought it was on private property. Someone needs to make something of that; I'm sure tourist footfall would increase if they did. :thumbsup:
I only got the dragon shot as I got stuck in Manchester for an hour last night due to Northern Rail incompetence. That was officially the last time I'm using the Hope Valley line on Northern Rail until they get their act sorted. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That looks great; I've been Harewood House but never the castle as I always thought it was on private property. Someone needs to make something of that; I'm sure tourist footfall would increase if they did. :thumbsup:
I only got the dragon shot as I got stuck in Manchester for an hour last night due to Northern Rail incompetence. That was officially the last time I'm using the Hope Valley line on Northern Rail until they get their act sorted. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's easier to get to than the church David (which I think you've visited), but like yourself, I think a lot of folks still think it's closed to the public, and they don't seem to encourage visitors :rolleyes:

sbO3Qpp.jpg

Only about a mile away, are the remains of the much older Rougemont, not a lot to see there though. Hoping Northern Rail won't be around much longer :mad: :thumbsup:

urysEDg.jpg

It's easier to get to than the church David (which I think you've visited), but like yourself, I think a lot of folks still think it's closed to the public, and they don't seem to encourage visitors :rolleyes:

sbO3Qpp.jpg

Only about a mile away, are the remains of the much older Rougemont, not a lot to see there though. Hoping Northern Rail won't be around much longer :mad: :thumbsup:

The above picture must be one of the wierdest and more sinister pictures I've seen in quite some time.

Hello, Guardians!
Yesterday, I went to a friend's daughter's birthday party. They hired a petting zoo, and while I couldn't get amazing pictures like Dan's, it still was a lot of fun.
oHlwo1w.jpg
iRjvcJ1.jpg

I've been carrying my newest, the Ebony Big'un, but this coming week I'll switch it out for an old favorite. The Li'l Sambar. Often mistaken for an Ashley's, it's a shorter run Jack Black SFO. You can see the difference in the non-lined bolster.
Iq48cmg.jpg

Wow! Rachel I didn't think you had hedgehogs in the U.S.:thumbsup:

Even though I just ate, those are making me hungry. :cool::thumbsup:

Looks absolutely delicious and so very well prepared :thumbsup: Yum !

Yum! :) Smashing pic Kevin :) :thumbsup:

Gotta love a good Carnitas Sope! I feel pretty dang lucky to have so much good Mexican food around here.
h03078.gif

Btw, I suddenly have a craving for a sausage sandwich!

Fantastic pics, David. I see soooo many opportunities for Lambsfoot pics in Derbyshire.
:D

Jack Black Jack Black It looks like we were both walking by the water yesterday.
49442460116_d6dffe373c_h.jpg

Picture added in previous post thanks to Jack. :thumbsup:

Excellent pic buddy :) :thumbsup:

Hello, Guardians!
oHlwo1w.jpg
iRjvcJ1.jpg

Iq48cmg.jpg

Awwww....:)

I'm sure I've got a hedgehog and Lambsfoot photo somewhere :rolleyes:

That looks nice Rachel :) Those L'il Sambars were made at a time Wright's weren't so hard to work with o_O

April, 27th I believe. :cool::thumbsup:

Wishing you tight lines and happy days my friend :) :thumbsup:

The above picture must be one of the wierdest and more sinister pictures I've seen in quite some time.

Yeah, we were completely alone in the wood, surrounding an ancient monument and...:eek: o_O

Back