Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Gotta love a good Carnitas Sope! I feel pretty dang lucky to have so much good Mexican food around here.
h03078.gif

Btw, I suddenly have a craving for a sausage sandwich!

Fantastic pics, David. I see soooo many opportunities for Lambsfoot pics in Derbyshire.
:D

Jack Black Jack Black It looks like we were both walking by the water yesterday.
49442460116_d6dffe373c_h.jpg

I suddenly have a craving for Mexican food! :D But it's after 10pm here, and raining :( :thumbsup: Great pic Kevin, hope you had a good walk mate :) :thumbsup:

I don't think we do, except as exotic pets. They aren't native to the Americas, and I don't know if they could live in the wild. Surely not in Texas, anyway. :p
We do have wild armadillos, though!
armadillo_wide-2258269a1e1501ec358c9cf54d95af9f89182175-s800-c85.jpg

Not nearly as cute and fuzzy.

They're one of our Apex Predators here! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup: Funnily enough, I was only thinking about armadillos yesterday, and in a way they have a similarity to hedgehogs, in as much that they were a food source in hard times for poor people, and are revered by some folks for that :thumbsup:

That looks nice Rachel :) Those L'il Sambars were made at a time Wright's weren't so hard to work with
I'm very grateful to have an example of their best work.
They're one of our Apex Predators here! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup: Funnily enough, I was only thinking about armadillos yesterday, and in a way they have a similarity to hedgehogs, in as much that they were a food source in hard times for poor people, and are revered by some folks for that
I'm sure some folks eat them (I may have unwittingly tasted some at a chili cookoff, years ago) but they are pretty far down my list of food in hard times.

Went for a winter stroll this afternoon with my ebony A. Wright. Here's our little house on the western Illinois prairie.IMG_1825.JPG This is the walking path: somewhat slippery with a cold cross-breeze! The hill in the immediate distance is our destination.IMG_1826.JPG This is my other companion: Bella. Her main objective is to try to find and catch mice in the ditches - she was unsuccessful in her attempts, but she worked hard at it!IMG_1828.JPG Raccoon tracks were everywhere in the snow...IMG_1835.JPG As were deer tracks.IMG_1831.JPG IMG_1832.JPG Gate at the top of the hill - no trespassing is only a suggestion, but I'm ready to turn back...IMG_1834.JPG Our house is in the trees on the hill to the right! Hope you enjoyed the walk! BenIMG_1830.JPG

They're one of our Apex Predators here! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup: Funnily enough, I was only thinking about armadillos yesterday, and in a way they have a similarity to hedgehogs, in as much that they were a food source in hard times for poor people, and are revered by some folks for that
The Virginia opossum is also one of those critters... Ugly, stinky, and revered by many in the deep South here baked with sweet potatoes. I've never tried it personally but I would, I have eaten groundhog though.15800835680581952197892.jpg
Having a few late weekend beers with the lambsfoot...

Went for a winter stroll this afternoon with my ebony A. Wright. Here's our little house on the western Illinois prairie.View attachment 1272874 This is the walking path: somewhat slippery with a cold cross-breeze! The hill in the immediate distance is our destination.View attachment 1272873 This is my other companion: Bella. Her main objective is to try to find and catch mice in the ditches - she was unsuccessful in her attempts, but she worked hard at it!View attachment 1272871 Raccoon tracks were everywhere in the snow...View attachment 1272870 As were deer tracks.View attachment 1272869 View attachment 1272868 Gate at the top of the hill - no trespassing is only a suggestion, but I'm ready to turn back...View attachment 1272867 Our house is in the trees on the hill to the right! Hope you enjoyed the walk! BenView attachment 1272866
I enjoyed the walk Ben, you live in a beautiful open setting :thumbsup:
Your ebony lamb and Bella sure make for perfect walking companions :thumbsup:
Best

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you kindly, Jack. Enjoyed yet another smashing set of images from your journey. The Victorian Railway Viaduct seems so Roman. You are surrounded by such beauty. I viewed this short video of Yorkshire Dales National Park. I’m certain you and David ( donn donn ) are more than familiar with the Park. It gave me a sense of scale and utility. Exhilarating and serene, all at the same time. Like your Hartshead.

CelloDan CelloDan - Raising a baby squirrel must have taken much effort and commitment. It must have been quite rewarding.

donn donn - Your images of Derbyshire are not only fine, but yet another place I would love to visit.

Wild Willie Wild Willie - Beautiful images. Plenty of space. Ahh!

Good Evening Guardians.

From one of my Grandchildrens’ first Birthday. There’s 6 of them, so half the year it’s “Let him eat homemade cake.”:D
11838EC7-9D7A-4B8C-A08A-721333337FFE.jpeg

Sausage Sandwich Time...

Great stuff John! Mmmmm...:) :thumbsup:

Went for a winter stroll this afternoon with my ebony A. Wright. Here's our little house on the western Illinois prairie.View attachment 1272874 This is the walking path: somewhat slippery with a cold cross-breeze! The hill in the immediate distance is our destination.View attachment 1272873 This is my other companion: Bella. Her main objective is to try to find and catch mice in the ditches - she was unsuccessful in her attempts, but she worked hard at it!View attachment 1272871 Raccoon tracks were everywhere in the snow...View attachment 1272870 As were deer tracks.View attachment 1272869 View attachment 1272868 Gate at the top of the hill - no trespassing is only a suggestion, but I'm ready to turn back...View attachment 1272867 Our house is in the trees on the hill to the right! Hope you enjoyed the walk! BenView attachment 1272866

Fantastic post Ben :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you kindly, Jack. Enjoyed yet another smashing set of images from your journey. The Victorian Railway Viaduct seems so Roman. You are surrounded by such beauty. I viewed this short video of Yorkshire Dales National Park. I’m certain you and David ( donn donn ) are more than familiar with the Park. It gave me a sense of scale and utility. Exhilarating and serene, all at the same time. Like your Hartshead.

CelloDan CelloDan - Raising a baby squirrel must have taken much effort and commitment. It must have been quite rewarding.

donn donn - Your images of Derbyshire are not only fine, but yet another place I would love to visit.

Wild Willie Wild Willie - Beautiful images. Plenty of space. Ahh!

Good Evening Guardians.

From one of my Grandchildrens’ first Birthday. There’s 6 of them, so half the year it’s “Let him eat homemade cake.”:D
View attachment 1273010

Many thanks Harvey, there are actually several different viaducts there :) The Yorkshire Dales is just up the road from me, and me and David have both spent a lot of time there :) Thanks for the video my friend - I'm still wondering if that feller managed to right his kayak! :D :thumbsup:

A belated Happy Birthday to the nipper my friend, that's a lovely colourful pic :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians :thumbsup:

TZ9BHuX.jpg

Never Forgotten, Never Forgiven.

I don't think we do, except as exotic pets. They aren't native to the Americas, and I don't know if they could live in the wild. Surely not in Texas, anyway. :p
We do have wild armadillos, though!
armadillo_wide-2258269a1e1501ec358c9cf54d95af9f89182175-s800-c85.jpg

Not nearly as cute and fuzzy.

Aren't those armadillos funny looking things. Reminds me of a dinosaur.:D
Hedgehogs are supposedly becoming endangered in the UK (probably because people keep driving over them :rolleyes:) but we have I think three in our back garden. They are though nocturnal so it's hard to keep track of them.

There great photos. Looks a nice part of the world especially with all that snow. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1273010

Thanks Harvey. I'd recommend visiting in the summer though :D
That cake looks delicious. :thumbsup:

pXjrCpz.jpg

Back