Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

When was the last time you tasted them Christian? I didn't start liking olives until I was 41, the change happened very suddenly as I'd been told it might. I love them now :) :thumbsup:

A long time ago. They're not bad on a combination pizza, but I've never been able to eat them as is. I'll take your advice and give them another try, I'm close to that age now.

A long time ago. They're not bad on a combination pizza, but I've never been able to eat them as is. I'll take your advice and give them another try, I'm close to that age now.

I was always frustrated that I didn't like them, but apparently your taste-buds change throughout your life, and so olives are one of those foods you might only start to enjoy in later life (some folks who don't like tomatoes only begin to like them in their teens). Every five years or so, I'd try an olive, and I always thought they tasted awful. That was true even a year before I started liking them, it really happened suddenly :)

E3WPydV.jpg

I was always frustrated that I didn't like them, but apparently your taste-buds change throughout your life, and so olives are one of those foods you might only start to enjoy in later life (some folks who don't like tomatoes only begin to like them in their teens). Every five years or so, I'd try an olive, and I always thought they tasted awful. That was true even a year before I started liking them, it really happened suddenly :)

And apparently some people are born loving them. One thing I'll always remember is going to a birthday party one year when my daughter was five or so. Her cousin, a few months older than her, can't get enough of olives. I watched him put away an entire plate of the things. To add to the horror, when he finished he then got up for seconds!

:eek:

And apparently some people are born loving them. One thing I'll always remember is going to a birthday party one year when my daughter was five or so. Her cousin, a few months older than her, can't get enough of olives. I watched him put away an entire plate of the things. To add to the horror, when he finished he then got up for seconds!

:eek:

Yeah, I know plenty of kids who love them, sophisticated little things. I think I was a teenager before I even saw an olive! :rolleyes::D:thumbsup:

I love Olives. An older Sicilian woman taught me how to cure them from the tree, when I visited that Olive-rich country in 2003!!
I've never seen that brand!! I wonder if it's from one of my distant cousins??
CC

Fantastic Charlie, one of the saddest things about my not liking them when younger, is that in the late 1970's I spent some time living among olive groves :( I have a friend who spends most of his time living in Greece, and imports excellent olive oil into Europe on behalf of some of his Greek friends. I always refer to him as an Olive Oil Baron :D :thumbsup:

I don't seem to be able to find an olives and Lambsfoot pic, so here's one from my walk on Saturday :) Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup:

BqXHPwb.jpg

I've never seen that brand!! I wonder if it's from one of my distant cousins??
CC

I wish I could help you Charlie. The olives came in a gift/wine basket my wife received from her cousin.

I'm glad you got a kick out of it. The package immediately caught my eye. I still don't know about the olives, but IMO the true Bella Campagna in that picture is the knife. ;)

HU0xNb1.jpg

Can someone tell me more about this knife? I've seen it in various places in this monster thread but, I don't see any identifying information. Is it a one-of custom?

TIA,
Sid

Check out the 'Lambshank' entries in the thread index linked to in Post #1 Sid :thumbsup:

Back