Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks, Jack, I'm not saying you are not right, but my observation was not on tattoos, but in the workshop and machines in general.

The videos from TEW are old ones, but they're not the same people making the knives, and the machinery and workshop are not the same either. The TEW videos are of Russell White at the TEW factory, when it was on Milton Street in Sheffield, and the Michael May videos are at his workshop at Portland Works on Randall Street in Sheffield. Different person, different place, different time, different machinery o_O I noticed you posted this misinformation previously elsewhere Jose, but would rather it wasn't brought to this thread, which is why I feel a need to correct it here. Since there appears to be no basis whatsoever for your claim, I hope you are willing to accept that.

Jack, you don't understand, I don't want to return the knife, I always said that.
But, I continue to say that nothing prevents me from referring to the problems that it has.
I still don't understand what your problem is about it, if it continues to affect you, I apologize a lot!

Perhaps you don't understand that I actually subsidised the production of those knives Jose. I hoped that people would enjoy them, but if they didn't, and you're the only person who ever complained, I'd be more than happy to take them back. You are clearly unhappy with yours, I've tried many times now to give you a refund. You don't want that, but you still want to complain about it. I don't know what else I can say, but I will leave others to judge for themselves :(

Perhaps you don't understand that I actually subsidised the production of those knives Jose. I hoped that people would enjoy them, but if they didn't, and you're the only person who ever complained, I'd be more than happy to take them back. You are clearly unhappy with yours, I've tried many times now to give you a refund. You don't want that, but you still want to complain about it. I don't know what else I can say, but I will leave others to judge for themselves :(

In my humble opinion, Jack, you continue to make a big confusion (again), I didn't complain about anything!
I only compared it with a problem with a knife, with sparse in the rear of the spring that my HB had the same problem, that's all!
I never thought I was going to ask others to judge me, but patience!

Taylors Eye Witness video:

I think that video has been on the TEW site for a decade, maybe more. Why don't you ask TEW who makes their Lambsfoot knives, or even ask Michael May? You won't necessarily get a straightforward answer from the company, who, sadly, import most of their products from China today, but at least it would allow you to speak with some authority on the matter, as opposed to merely guessing. I have asked in Sheffield, and been told Russell White has been making the TEW 'Premier' knives again, for some time. That might explain the apparently radical difference between most of the M. May knives shown here, and those made on behalf of TEW :thumbsup:

In my humble opinion, Jack, you continue to make a big confusion (again), I didn't complain about anything!...

Jose, I have your emails, and your previous posts on the subject are here for all to read o_O Goodnight to you.

I think that video has been on the TEW site for a decade, maybe more. Why don't you ask TEW who makes their Lambsfoot knives, or even ask Michael May? You won't necessarily get a straightforward answer from the company, who, sadly, import most of their products from China today, but at least it would allow you to speak with some authority on the matter, as opposed to merely guessing. I have asked in Sheffield, and been told Russell White has been making the TEW 'Premier' knives again, for some time. That might explain the apparently radical difference between most of the M. May knives shown here, and those made on behalf of TEW :thumbsup:

Jack, I don't want to continue this discussion, but by the way, if you compare the work backs of Michael May and TEW (like my knife), they are exactly the same!

This ebony Big ‘Un — a recent gift from Jack Black Jack Black ; thanks again, my friend! — lent a hand with an important task today. :D

4XcFgPX.jpg

Jose Pt-Luso Pt-Luso , I think it's really simple... Maybe a different voice will help.
Jack takes great pride in the knives he had produced for us. All of us take great pride in owning them. If there is an unhappy customer, he would rather make it right with them. That's the mark of a stand-up guy and honest business man. If you continue to complain about the knife, it reflects badly on him and makes him feel bad. You seem like a nice guy that wouldn't want to make anybody feel bad, especially one that's trying to do the right thing. Send the knife back to him for a refund or don't complain about it any more. Jack is trying his best and we should all try to do the same. Hopefully I don't get in trouble for trying to mediate. ;)

Jack, I don't want to continue this discussion, but by the way, if you compare the work backs of Michael May and TEW (like my knife), they are exactly the same!

EXACTLY the same? Do you imagine that these two knives were made by the same cutler because they each have the same pattern filed into the back-spring (one of a handful in use in Sheffield)?

Oqdc1jT.jpg

Or these perhaps? Same cutler, or just the same pattern?

7EbBCn0.jpg

Incidentally, like the other parts of a knife, the blades for example, pre-filed back-springs are readily available for purchase in Sheffield.

This ebony Big ‘Un — a recent gift from Jack Black Jack Black ; thanks again, my friend! — lent a hand with an important task today. :D

4XcFgPX.jpg

Great use of colour Barrett :) Nice to see the Big 'Un helping out :thumbsup:

Spring- please come soon!!!;)

kFizt17.jpg

Excellent photo Mark, it can't come soon enough for me :thumbsup:

Spring- please come soon!!!;)

kFizt17.jpg
Such a contrast, but I'm used to it. Here in Central Texas we are experiencing the typical February weather, with temperatures swinging weekly between 30 and 80 degrees. I'm trying to decide if it's too early to plant peas this weekend. :confused:
cqZbj1K.jpg

I'm trying to decide if it's too early to plant peas this weekend. :confused:
cqZbj1K.jpg
I'd go for it. Peas are a good early season crop. Of course they don't get planted here in Western New York until at least April. Beautiful ebony on that lambsfoot too. I've found myself lusting after one in ebony or desert ironwood lately. Gotta wait for the weather to clear up so I can cut some trees and make some money first though.

I'd go for it. Peas are a good early season crop. Of course they don't get planted here in Western New York until at least April. Beautiful ebony on that lambsfoot too. I've found myself lusting after one in ebony or desert ironwood lately. Gotta wait for the weather to clear up so I can cut some trees and make some money first though.
Thanks. That's an ebony big'un special order that Jack had made. :cool::thumbsup:
Yeah, I think I will go for it. I doubt we'll get a hard freeze, and if we do I won't lose the whole crop. I like to plant rows a week apart so they don't all come in at once. Last time I waited too long to plant and by May the sun was burning up the leaves.

Thanks for the kind words, Harvey.
I saw that knife on auction but needed to save my pennies.
If they had used your picture, I probably would have bid on it. ;)
Thanks John. That’s funny, us both looking at the same knife.

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. I was simply paying tribute to the variety of Life experiences you’ve had. It’s impressive. As for your Hartshead being a constant companion, when you have such a gem, it’s one and done. Every one of us seeks the perfect knife. Seems like you found yours. Cheers!

Ramrodmb Ramrodmb - What a lovely Lamb floral image, Mark.

Such a contrast, but I'm used to it. Here in Central Texas we are experiencing the typical February weather, with temperatures swinging weekly between 30 and 80 degrees. I'm trying to decide if it's too early to plant peas this weekend. :confused:
cqZbj1K.jpg

Living in such a small country, I do find the weather variation across the US rather staggering :) Nice photo Rachel :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. I was simply paying tribute to the variety of Life experiences you’ve had. It’s impressive. As for your Hartshead being a constant companion, when you have such a gem, it’s one and done. Every one of us seeks the perfect knife. Seems like you found yours. Cheers!

Thanks Harvey, I'm grateful for the kind words my friend :) My dad had the same job most of his life, and spent the rest of it sat in an armchair playing chess, so I've tried to get out a bit more! :D ;) I'm not sure how long I'll keep carrying the HB, but I'm not going to fight it's allure :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Friday ;) Another weekend is almost upon us :) :thumbsup:

462jzu0.jpg

vih223m.jpg

Jose Pt-Luso Pt-Luso , I think it's really simple... Maybe a different voice will help.
Jack takes great pride in the knives he had produced for us. All of us take great pride in owning them. If there is an unhappy customer, he would rather make it right with them. That's the mark of a stand-up guy and honest business man. If you continue to complain about the knife, it reflects badly on him and makes him feel bad. You seem like a nice guy that wouldn't want to make anybody feel bad, especially one that's trying to do the right thing. Send the knife back to him for a refund or don't complain about it any more. Jack is trying his best and we should all try to do the same. Hopefully I don't get in trouble for trying to mediate. ;)

Thank you very much for your help, John.
I fully agree that Jack is proud of the knives he produced for us and that I am lucky to have four.
But the question here is not to return the knife, since from the beginning I said that I did not want to return it, however I think (perhaps I am wrong), that I am free to say that this knife is not perfect.
There will be no problem for you for trying to mediate this matter, a big hug John.
I just hope this matter ends here, I am full.:thumbsup:

Back