Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Hi Harvey, it started out quite nice here today, cold, but fine :) Then it started raining mid afternoon. The Met Office are still forecasting stormy weather for tomorrow, so I think we're going to go out for lunch, and then go to the cinema. Not the most exciting idea, and with very few photo opportunities, but it will hopefully beat getting soaked ;) How about you my friend, any plans? I hope everyone has a great weekend :thumbsup:
It looks like you know how to turn a sow’s ear into a fine silk purse. I’m planning on a big celebration for the return of warmth:D

Have a fantastic weekend Guardians :thumbsup:

5iVEPuU.jpg

I wonder how ED @Modoc ED is recovering?
Yes! Hope he's able to check in soon.:thumbsup:
How you doing Dennis, great to see you here my friend? :) I know what you mean, my arthritis has been worse than ever before this year, we've had so much rain, I'm surprised the country hasn't sunk! :eek: Hope we all get better weather soon...well, apart from our Texan contingent, who seem to be doing just fine at the moment ;) Love the pic :D :thumbsup:

Edit - Hey buddy, we have another storm on the way - Storm Dennis! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

9yjDfPk.jpg
Thanks for the kind remarks, Jack! Yeah, that wretched Arthr is not a kind fellow!
I do believe your Dennis is a bit more ornery than ours over here!:eek::D
Dennis.jpeg Dennis_the_Menace_and_Gnasher_the_dog.jpg
Hey, isn't that your HHB?:D:thumbsup:
That’s a great photo buddy! :thumbsup: :)
Thank you, Mr Ron!:cool::thumbsup:
Love the mug, really love the bear, and absolutely love the Lambsfoot. :):thumbsup:
Thanks, John. The wood bear is from Ruidoso, and the mug......Black Bear Diner :D:thumbsup:
View attachment 1282601 Have a few minutes to spare this evening so I thought I would tickle up the edges of a few knives. Thought a nice group shot of the lambs would be nice. Must get over to Sheffield one of these days to see if I can pick up a bone or horn handled one.
Great looking herd!;):thumbsup:
A recycled photo but it about sums up what Jack said about multiple seasons in one day.
But what a great shot it is! Hope the Tulips (?) recovered!
View attachment 1282674 Linus with my 1851 Colt Navy revolver (made by Colt in the 1970's). A gun the Tait brothers would have become well acquainted with during the civil war. The four brothers served in battles in Tennessee and Georgia.
Awsome knife/pistol shot, and a string of fantastic photos and history!:):thumbsup:
Hello Dennis and thank you. Very nice image of your Bear and Lamb. Last time I checked, Jack hasn’t set any minunum post regs.:D Your posts are always welcome and looked forward to. Here’s to you having a good day, my friend.
Thank you for the very kind words, Harvey! Always a good day when I can come here and visit my friends!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Brookes&Crookes Lamb, plus a tin of Danish butter cookies.
1a4f3e92-5976-4f7f-ad05-1cac2d4ff76c-jpeg.1282840
Another outstanding Lambsfoot, and a favorite cookie of mine as well!:cool:
Beautiful statue of bear, great photo, Dennis.:):thumbsup:
Thank you very much, José!;)
Fresh from the plastic bag...

iRVUwlV.jpg

erGBMJ8.jpg

Not bad again, nice and tight with blade reasonably centred, scales could be better matched but... :D
Not bad at all, two personalities in one knife!:D:thumbsup:
two-face.jpg
Maiden Voyage for this Baxter Ltd. Lamb.
8F369B76-4BC2-40AB-8693-2D2201AB751E_zpsevqjg4d2.jpeg
Boasting a Beautiful Baxter, Brother!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Nice one, Harvey!
Spring- please come soon!!!;)

kFizt17.jpg
A grand thought and a grand photo, Mark!;):thumbsup:
Morning Guardians, Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Friday ;) Another weekend is almost upon us :) :thumbsup:

vih223m.jpg
Same to you, Jack!
Live the black theme!:cool:
Apparently in Finland and Estonia, Valentine's Day is known as Ystävänpäivä, Friends Day! :) So Happy Ystävänpäivä Guardians! ;) :thumbsup:

NQ7UcBi.jpg
Happy Ystävänpäivä to you as well, my friend!:)
Very cool effects there, Josê!:thumbsup:
Cool photo, Dennis; that blond horn lambsfoot is distinctive! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Should I select apple or banana or blueberry or clementine or grapes or orange??
sconenfruit-jpg.1283463
Thank you, Gary! A stellar reply, and such a perfect foto of your Lamb....and Blueberries!! Had a little tear in my eye thinking of it!:D:thumbsup:
My rosewood HHB strongly advised blueberry, and who am I to argue??

TGIF and Happy Valentine's Day Guardians!

ASdV8uj.jpg
Super high caffeinated shot!!:eek::D Love some fresh squeezed bean juice!:thumbsup:
I can almost smell the coffee. The HHB looks great. I love mine.
img_1255-jpg.1283528
Great Rocky Top Shot, Bill!
Now, I just going to curl on the couch with a nice blanket and a hot chocoloate and listen to

The Cremation of Sam McGee - Read By Johnny Cash :D
Sounds like a great plan, although Johnny was a bit macabre on that one!:cool::thumbsup:
I saved some quotes but they all disappeared. Operator error!!!
Mostly, I just wanted to wish all the Guardians a Happy Valentines Day.
Lovey shot of a rose of a knife, John!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Hope y’all have a great Valentines Day! :thumbsup:

49533934788_9a5a27c57a_c_d.jpg
Double Dandy Day, Ron!:):cool:
Which was a coincidence because yesterday my rosewood big'un helped me choose my healthy snack.:) :thumbsup:

pCjUlom.jpg
Them lambs sure love to eat!:D:thumbsup:
I seem to have lost the pic I took, but it was something like this...:rolleyes:;):D:thumbsup:

s5mLNxJ.jpg
Mmmm, sweet pair, Jack!!;):thumbsup:

The other day after being 70° F, the next day, this!
nAxxyvR.jpg
BtDQ0OE.jpg
QXKi4Un.jpg

It annoys me even more when overseas customers get sold rubbish :mad: As you know, even picking them up directly from the factory, and even though they know I will definitely return them, I've been sold quite a few stinkers over the years, so what chance does someone in the USA have? Until they up their QC, they don't deserve the business, frankly :thumbsdown:

I'm glad I picked the right day to go for a walk! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Great pics Gary :D I had a flapjack with my afternoon coffee :) I seem to have lost the pic I took, but it was something like this...:rolleyes:;):D:thumbsup:

s5mLNxJ.jpg

Thanks Jon ;) I've only tried the Uniphoxx, but I like them, and think they're very good value for money :) I just got one for my other half - in orange, with a glow-in-the-dark lanyard - hoping it's the one thing she doesn't manage to lose o_O :rolleyes: Thank you my friend, you too :thumbsup:

Good grief, that's a HUGE difference! :eek: Oh yes! ;) Thanks :D :thumbsup:

I've been meaning to asking @glennbad to mod something for me for about the past 10 years! His work is first rate, but I never really thought of anything to send his way :rolleyes:

Great Hartshead pics fellers :cool: :thumbsup:

Yiles, that's COLD dan! :eek: hope you're having a good day on the couch :) :thumbsup:

Hate it when that happens! o_O Nice photo John, hope you're having a lovely day :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic Ron :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D :thumbsup: Looks like a great walk David, it must be 30 years since I was last at the Cat & Fiddle, it looks to have changed a bit - or my memory is going! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:
Jack, Glenn does exceptional work but for now his books are closed due to the back log. I am attempting to get my MM fixed up to my liking but I'm keeping my expectations low for now.

It only stayed a couple of days, but at least we finally got some. Maybe those northern guys can push some your way!

Yeah, they always have some to spare!

Are you guys talking about the "s__w" word :eek:
:D:thumbsup:

Evening guardians :)
Our high temp today topped at -14 Celsius, sunny day with not much wind.
We decided to bundle up really well and go skating.
My ebony lamb did not want come, it had had enough of the cold and so did my Hartshead :D.
So it was my African Rosewood turn.:cool:

I did the 5 km skate but today I was a minute slower than my previous one.
N11onNt.jpg

Then it was time for hot chocolate :)
SNjifOX.jpg

I took my cup outside to at least pose for a pic by the fire :cool:
wmemH7m.jpg

Then we skated some more and had more hot chocolate.

biyKUB1.jpg

But it was reaaaally cold !!!
If not for the toe and hand warmer packs that you stick inside boots and gloves my kids would not have made it.
Looks like tomorrow is going to be a perfect day for skating ( -3 Celsius forecast ) :thumbsup:
Perhaps my ebony lamb would want to come along again :D

I wish we would get a little snow. Not a lot, just enough to enjoy the novelty.
Yeah, they always have some to spare!

Don't wish for something so horrible. If you'd like I can put some in a bag and ship it to you, but.it might.need to be re-frozen once it gets there. Snow also isn't very condusive to your hoped for pea planting...

Having a "closer" look at some Lambfoot models. :)
Yes, that is my Microscope set from a loooong time ago.

While it sure is nice to see outdoor pictures from my warm weather Guardian friends, I also enjoy seeing the winter scenes from my fellow Northern friends.
When the conditions are just right (higher humidity and a quick drop in temperature) we get some beautiful ice crystal effects on trees and bushes.

View attachment 1283890

View attachment 1283892

Don't wish for something so horrible. If you'd like I can put some in a bag and ship it to you, but.it might.need to be re-frozen once it gets there. Snow also isn't very condusive to your hoped for pea planting...
Oh, I know I wouldn't like to deal with snow all winter. Shoveling it or driving in it, etc. But when it snows here, it's such a rare thing that the whole city shuts down.
When the conditions are just right (higher humidity and a quick drop in temperature) we get some beautiful ice crystal effects on trees and bushes.
View attachment 1283892

Beautiful. I didn't know you lived in Narnia!

Having a "closer" look at some Lambfoot models. :)
Yes, that is my Microscope set from a loooong time ago.

While it sure is nice to see outdoor pictures from my warm weather Guardian friends, I also enjoy seeing the winter scenes from my fellow Northern friends.

View attachment 1283890

View attachment 1283892
The definition of Winter Wonderland!! Nice, H herder !!:thumbsup:
Haven't seen such a scene since I moved west as a young man!!:)

Thanks for the kind remarks, Jack! Yeah, that wretched Arthr is not a kind fellow!
I do believe your Dennis is a bit more ornery than ours over here!:eek::D
View attachment 1283671 View attachment 1283674
Hey, isn't that your HHB?:D:thumbsup:

Oh, they've toned Dennis down hugely over the past few decades o_O His main activities used to be truanting, breaking windows, knocking policeman's helmets off, playing pranks on various 'authority figures', stealing ice-cream, beating up 'softies', and generally 'menacing' the neighbourhood :rolleyes: And most episodes would end up with him being soundly thrashed by his father :eek: At least he still has a slingshot (I think), or a catapult, as we traditionally say here, but I knew things were on the slide, back in the 80's, when they replaced the half-brick with rubber! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

GvcYGyT.jpg

Morning Guardians, I'm afraid I don't have time to get properly caught up this morning, but have a great weekend, and I'll see you all later :) :thumbsup:

Back