Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I’ve been working this morning adding some pull out cabinet organizers to a couple of our bottom cabinets. I decided to have lunch with a Lambsfoot! ;) Hope y’all have a great day. :D

49548124538_c7b139d382_o_d.jpg

Great choice Ron :) I'm looking forward to Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras) tomorrow :) :thumbsup:

These are what I had, with Lucy, last year, but I'm definitely going to be going elsewhere for my pancakes this year :thumbsup:

2kRshXN.jpg

Uqdk0xG.jpg

Happy Monday, Guardians. Bit chilly out there on this holiday Monday. Sticking indoors today with my ebony lambsfoot, with a pot of chai simmering on the stove.

NPHI59r.jpg

I didn't realise it was a holiday in Canada too Mike, sorry about that :oops: Happy Family Day :) Keep warm, and have a good one my Canadian friends :thumbsup:

Great photos! We had four inches of snow last Saturday but it was gone by 1:00PM. It doesn’t take long to melt at 50F. :D
Thanks, Ron!
It was a nice day, but sure short lived!
Now I want their Chicken Fried Steak!!! :mad: :D
I usually hurt myself going in for the breakfast tub!!:eek::D
Thanks Dennis :) That snow must have come as a shock! :eek: Nice pics though buddy, glad you're keeping warm :) Here, the wind is howling outside, and it's been raining heavily for most of the day :( :thumbsup:
Thank you, my friend! Hope you get some sunshine, sure is a morale! :cool:
Thank you Dennis. Enjoyed the outdoor winter landscape, and felt the warmth from the hearth, followed by that great looking Lamb Foot.
Thank you so much, Harvey! Those lambs are sure photogenic!;):thumbsup:
Good Evening Guardians. Fresh Sliced Apple Pastry.
9431d2ce-a9f8-4381-9f2c-ff9b9110ecfc-jpeg.1284666
Great shot of your HHB, Harvey!:cool::thumbsup:
The apples fix everything!!:D

Rust never sleeps.
a056cf97-c4fa-4720-8671-4633143c160b-jpeg.1285191

"Hey, Hey, My, My, that grand photo caught my eye"!:D:thumbsup:
And great music selection!:cool::thumbsup:
Your ironwood's patina is a constant source of fascination for me!
Years ago, one of my younger brothers was a vet at the horse track in Riudoso part of the year, and at another track in El Paso the rest of the year. But he's had a practice (large animal only, I think) around Albuquerque for a long time now; haven't heard from him in a while – maybe he's retired by now.
Thank you very much for the grand coments, Gary!
We had thought about retiring in Ruidoso, we go through there so much going to visit family, but would not live in Albuquerque or El Paso!
Lam Jack is my lambsfoot for this week. Here's a pic when it was brand new in October 2017:
gl-mark-halfopen-leaves-jpg.1285246

Fantastic photograph, Gary!
"Sun with his artistic touch,
streaks skies of blue with rosy blush,
trimming Oak and Maple too,
crimson reds with yellow hue.
"

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poems/nature/fall/
I tried, .... but then I got all creeped out and run away as fast as I could :D

5qNrOlA.jpg
:eek:
Ent that cool!:D:thumbsup:
s-l640.jpg

Here's something to blow the cobwebs away! ;) :thumbsup:

7ZqNBaA.jpg

And I thought I'd start my week off with my Hartshead Barlow ;) :thumbsup:
Aye, and a toe tapper for sure! Here's another legendary performance!
:p:thumbsup:
And the HHB looks as handsome as always!
Thanks Dennis. There 'Snowdrops' which flower January/February.
It looks like you need to plant some in your garden there. :):thumbsup:
And I envy your fire.:(
We'll have to look into those, very pretty!
Thanks, David!:cool::thumbsup:
A random recycled picture for today's carry.
qfJLv9X.jpg
Very cool photo, and love the map!:):thumbsup:
rubbing a little ointment on and popping a couple of aspirin pretty much take care of it...
1581942134252920578934-jpg.1285460
And having a Lambsfoot "on hand" sure helps!!:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians. It's manic Monday for me. 1st order of business is to get my HHB out and about.View attachment 1285463
Great shot, Bill. Love the color of your stag!:thumbsup:

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Good Morning Guardians
It's the start of a new week and I'm ready for some adventure.
Prefer Pocket Pieces, Partner!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Really love that flashlight John, what is that?:)

Java Java Jave!
fqjv2QI.jpg

Have a great week, all!

Last edited:
Great choice Ron :) I'm looking forward to Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras) tomorrow :) :thumbsup:

These are what I had, with Lucy, last year, but I'm definitely going to be going elsewhere for my pancakes this year :thumbsup:

2kRshXN.jpg

Uqdk0xG.jpg
Thanks Jack! :) I hope you have a great Tuesday and some good pancakes my friend! :thumbsup: Fat Tuesday here in the states is Feb 25th. :D

Thank you, my friend! Hope you get some sunshine, sure is a morale! :cool:

Aye, and a toe tapper for sure! Here's another legendary performance!
:p:thumbsup:
And the HHB looks as handsome as always!

Java Java Jave!
fqjv2QI.jpg

Have a great week, all!

Thanks pal, dark now, but hoping for some better weather tomorrow :)

LOL! :D Thanks again Dennis, great, enjoy your coffee, that golden Lamb is looking fine as wine ;) :thumbsup:

I’ve been working this morning adding some pull out cabinet organizers to a couple of our bottom cabinets. I decided to have lunch with a Lambsfoot! ;) Hope y’all have a great day. :D

49548124538_c7b139d382_o_d.jpg
Nice shot, Ron! Nice and healthy snack too, I've had too many of "the other apple" snacks!

2kRshXN.jpg

Uqdk0xG.jpg
Delicious looking, and great shots of Ms Lucy!
Happy Monday, Guardians. Bit chilly out there on this holiday Monday. Sticking indoors today with my ebony lambsfoot, with a pot of chai simmering on the stove.

NPHI59r.jpg
Nice!
Enjoy your holiday!

Thanks Jack! :) I hope you have a great Tuesday and some good pancakes my friend! :thumbsup: Fat Tuesday here in the states is Feb 25th. :D

Thanks Ron, I have an electrician coming to replace an old fuse box in the morning, which is a bit annoying. Hope he gets finished quickly, so I have time to have a double pancake session :rolleyes: I've been thinking of going on the wagon for Lent (or until my birthday at the end of March), so I may have to have a few Pancake Day whiskies too ;) Thanks for letting me know the date for Fat Tuesday in the US, I dare say I can find an American pancake house then ;) :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Dylan! :) Beautiful Ebony WCLF! :thumbsup: Enjoy your evening and weekend my friend! :)

Welcome back, Dylan; your flaming AC is an eye-catching way to make a "grand return"! ;):cool::thumbsup::cool:

Great pic of a gorgeous Lambsfoot Dylan :thumbsup:

Thank you, fellas, for the kind compliments and my apologies for the late acknowledgement - Busy as ever, I'm afraid. That said, I was able to take a few moments and get all caught up.

@Modoc ED - I really hope that you are well and are speedily on the road to recovery.

@Wild Ben - Thank you for being an exceptional host to Linus, I enjoyed every post. I especially liked your posts with regards to Abe Lincoln. Being a former Civil War re-enactor, my interest is always piqued with matters that pertain to history. I hope you don't mind that I only used your first Abe Lincoln post in Linus's Adventure index - Being that I am likely approaching the character limit for a single post, I am trying to conserve space before I have to either start a new thread or spread it over a couple of new posts here.

Jack Black Jack Black - I hope the weather improves for you and that it improves for all the fellow Guardians who are experiencing inclement weather. Though not at all dire, I've definitely had my share of rain (par for the course here in the PNW) and my creek is rather swollen at the moment.

This is a picture I took the other day and neglected to post it. If the weather holds I will be taking more pictures this evening of my carry today.

All the best to everyone and a happy Monday!

p06rcoW.jpg

The photos are from Poucher's Peak & Pennines, which introduced me to some great walks as a kid. Sadly I no longer have the first edition, which contains advice (with photos) on boot-nailing patterns :D :thumbsup:

You might be mistaking optimism for Yorkshire tight-fistedness mate :D Actually, when I think about it, I have given the 34's away, but I have just as many 36's! :rolleyes:

Boot nailing patterns. :D:thumbsup: That's great! That sort of thing is lost lore to most people now I bet. I have a book with things like powder loads for brass field cannons, and other stuff we've stupidly forgotten. :cool:
I've got to show off here Jack and say I still fit 36 inch trousers, though if I don't start moving about a bit more they'll go the same way as my 34's. But, I don't know if you have this in Yorkshire, in Lancashire we have 'sitting down trousers'. So my 'standing trousers' are 36. My 'sitting trousers' are, well not 36.....:oops::D

Very cool photo, and love the map!:):thumbsup:

Java Java Jave!
fqjv2QI.jpg

Have a great week, all!

Thanks! Lovely covers on the lambsfoot there, and the mug bought a smile to my face.:)
For your curiosity, the maps:
https://www.alangodfreymaps.co.uk/

Thanks Ron, I have an electrician coming to replace an old fuse box in the morning, which is a bit annoying. Hope he gets finished quickly, so I have time to have a double pancake session :rolleyes: I've been thinking of going on the wagon for Lent (or until my birthday at the end of March), so I may have to have a few Pancake Day whiskies too ;) Thanks for letting me know the date for Fat Tuesday in the US, I dare say I can find an American pancake house then ;) :D :thumbsup:

Curses! I thought Shrove Tuesday was the 25th in the UK as well but I'm busy tomorrow.:(:rolleyes:

And sorry I must of missed things so Happy Presidents and Family Day's to our respective colonial cousins. :thumbsup:

Sticking with today's lunch theme... Chili Cheese Burger and Onion Rings!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....:) :) :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, fellas, for the kind compliments and my apologies for the late acknowledgement - Busy as ever, I'm afraid. That said, I was able to take a few moments and get all caught up.

Jack Black Jack Black - I hope the weather improves for you and that it improves for all the fellow Guardians who are experiencing inclement weather. Though not at all dire, I've definitely had my share of rain (par for the course here in the PNW) and my creek is rather swollen at the moment.

This is a picture I took the other day and neglected to post it. If the weather holds I will be taking more pictures this evening of my carry today.

All the best to everyone and a happy Monday!

p06rcoW.jpg

Always a pleasure to see you here Dylan :) Thank you my friend, I hope we both keep our feet dry ;) Love your porch pics :thumbsup:

Boot nailing patterns. :D:thumbsup: That's great! That sort of thing is lost lore to most people now I bet. I have a book with things like powder loads for brass field cannons, and other stuff we've stupidly forgotten. :cool:
I've got to show off here Jack and say I still fit 36 inch trousers, though if I don't start moving about a bit more they'll go the same way as my 34's. But, I don't know if you have this in Yorkshire, in Lancashire we have 'sitting down trousers'. So my 'standing trousers' are 36. My 'sitting trousers' are, well not 36.....:oops::D

Thanks! Lovely covers on the lambsfoot there, and the mug bought a smile to my face.:)
For your curiosity, the maps:
https://www.alangodfreymaps.co.uk/

Curses! I thought Shrove Tuesday was the 25th in the UK as well but I'm busy tomorrow.:(:rolleyes:

And sorry I must of missed things so Happy Presidents and Family Day's to our respective colonial cousins. :thumbsup:

Aye, I hope I can track down another first edition one day :) Years ago, an old climber I used to know gave me an early pair of rubber-soled climbing boots (EBs) decades past their sell-by date. He told me he had packed in climbing not long after climbers started using 'rubbers' (pause for laughter :rolleyes:), as he didn't think 'they gave the rock a chance'! :confused: And all over Britain, you will still find the scars of nailed climbing boots on the rock o_O

Someone has to preserve the knowledge David ;) :thumbsup:

I can both stand and sit in 38's, but I think I would be standing very uncomfortably in a 36! :eek: I seemed to go from 34 to 38 in the wink of an eye! :D

Shrove Tuesday IS the 25th David! :eek: I have been outdone by greed/my Google calendar! o_O Still, there's no point telling my girlfriend, who is taking me out for the first round of pancakes tomorrow! ;) :) Sorry about that :oops: :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. I can imagine when they see each image is with Lamb Foot Knive, they’ll be chomping at bit to sponsor me.:D Me thinks your week starter Hartshead Barlow is my favorite. Stellar. From all the fun things you eat on PD, sounds like my kind of Holiday.:thumbsup:

donn donn - Thank you David. Your images of the Cat and Fiddle were a sad testament to how it must have been a wonderful welcoming sanctuary on a cold winter night. Love the color of your Horn hafted Lamb.

@Wild Ben - You were a fine host to Linus.

mitch4ging mitch4ging - Thank you Dennis. Love the tree man image. Equally enjoyed your coffee and Lamb image. Wishing you good things, Dennis.

JohnDF JohnDF - Can I havit to go?:D Great culinary and Lamb Foot image, John.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
88F23386-0FEA-4CF4-A532-CF55137E95BD.jpeg

And having a Lambsfoot "on hand" sure helps!!

Sure does!!! Especially with a little libation at the end of the day.1581978523924812077107.jpg
Jack Black Jack Black thank you for your kindness. If getting old were easy then I think everyone would look forward to it. I'm at least lucky to have found an occupation that I truly enjoy, gotta take the bad with the good.

The lambsfoot is good

It still would be today. It's also always been a huge bikers pub but the A537 is busy enough with all kinds of traffic for it to be successful. In the 10 minutes I was stood their when I took that snowy picture about a dozen cars must of pulled into the car park then driven off when they saw it was closed.

David, your mention of a bikers pub reminded me of the time Jack and I were at the Fat Cat in Sheffield and the place was suddenly overrun by a gang of unruly bikers! :eek:

(Ok, perhaps “bikers” isn’t the right term. “Cyclists” is probably more accurate. Still, scary stuff! :rolleyes:)

Sorry, I ate the whole thing. :D

Back