Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Lots of great pictures this morning...

RyYxQM1.jpg
Excellent. I like your pictures by the stream. :cool::thumbsup:

Well done... :D:thumbsup:

That's the coolest little pocket watch/compass I've seen. :cool::thumbsup:

That's the coolest little pocket watch/compass I've seen. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot John, I have a few, but I like this one most :)

Good Morning Guardians
Spring has really sprung around here.
Grass is green, flowers are blooming, it's sunny and mid-70's.
I guess there's a good reason I pay so much to live in California. :D:thumbsup:

That's good to hear :) I sent Dave @Horsewright a book with an account by a member of the first English-speaking expedition to go overland from the East to California, and I thought it made absolutely fascinating reading. What a bountiful region! I wish I could remember the name of the book :oops: :thumbsup:

Was that compass originally a coin holder Jack? I ask as my Great Uncle gave me one very similar before he died, I'll dig it out and take a pic :).

No, it's always been a compass Tim :) It was made by F. Barker & Son prior to 1875. I'd love to see your coin holder though :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good day. The weather here has changed this afternoon, and while it is still a little windy, it is actually quite sunny :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

xijZ969.jpg

:eek::D:thumbsup:

Yep, that's an older picture. The neighbors have actually trimmed it back since then. It's not nearly so dramatic looking now. This type of agave is also known as a century plant.

Although it is called the century plant, it typically lives only 10 to 30 years. It has a spread around 6–10 ft (1.8–3.0 m) with gray-green leaves of 3–5 ft (0.9–1.5 m) long, each with a prickly margin and a heavy spike at the tip that can pierce deeply. Near the end of its life, the plant sends up a tall, branched stalk, laden with yellow blossoms, that may reach a total height up to 25–30 ft (8–9 m) tall.

I hope to get a picture of one that's putting up a stalk. It's amazing- looks just like a 25 foot tall asparagus!

Interesting that; we obviously don't have anything like that in the UK except in arboretums.

I echo this sentiment - at least, with regards to wearing a waistcoat. When did that become unfashionable? Let's bring them back!

Having a dram on this fine Friday evening. The wind has a chill to it...

RyYxQM1.jpg

I guess when it became the norm to dress down in the west. Waistcoats wax and wane but if no one actually dresses in decent suits anymore then the original purpose of them is lost. :rolleyes:

donn donn - Thank you kindly. I only wish I could exchange a Pacski for one of your savory pork pies.

That's a great idea! If you want a 72 inch waistline :D:thumbsup:

I wear one of my pocket watches on a chain, I have quite a few waistcoats :D

oHahEvW.jpg

That was a great post David, I remember it well :) Thanks for the link, and the info my friend, it sounds like you had some challenging conditions, always nice to be able to have a bit of adventure :) :thumbsup:

A feller was telling me they got two feet on the other side of Leeds on Monday, while a mate who lives near Cattrick was completely snowed in. Where I live, I don't think we got more than a couple of inches, and it quickly disappeared. That's some serious snow in the Highlands, great pics, and a nice pint and Lambsfoot to round off an excellent post David :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, it's the 29th February, so enjoy your extra day! ;) Have a fabulous weekend folks :) :thumbsup:

cV9UNXy.jpg

Thanks Jack, it would of been good to see the site again but in retrospect most of the wreckage was probably buried under snow.
Two feet? That's a nice depth isn't it. I've not purposefully gone hunting the (little) snow this year as I've only been doing one short walk a week. :):thumbsup:
Great pics of your mates wedding and of course his lunch. That's some monster stottie he has there.:):thumbsup:

Here we are, Jack Black Jack Black

K2S1kAb.jpg

V4p4woh.jpg

And a gratuitous pic for the sake of it.
1qRvH71.jpg

What a fine collection of both watches and knives. :thumbsup:

An unused pic from last summer I think.
vtIo6wf.jpg

I guess when it became the norm to dress down in the west. Waistcoats wax and wane but if no one actually dresses in decent suits anymore then the original purpose of them is lost. :rolleyes:

Thanks Jack, it would of been good to see the site again but in retrospect most of the wreckage was probably buried under snow.
Two feet? That's a nice depth isn't it. I've not purposefully gone hunting the (little) snow this year as I've only been doing one short walk a week. :):thumbsup:
Great pics of your mates wedding and of course his lunch. That's some monster stottie he has there.:):thumbsup:

What a fine collection of both watches and knives. :thumbsup:

An unused pic from last summer I think.
vtIo6wf.jpg

From what I've seen of Dave @Horsewright 's pics, there are still folks who like to dress well in the West, and 'vests' are one of the things him and his missus make (look very smart too) :) One of the things that always strikes me about Dave's photos is how well-dressed everyone is, even while they're down in the dirt working hard :cool: Of course, it could just be Dave and his pals cutting a dash in California! :D ;) (I'm hoping that if I mention @Horsewright enough times he'll chime in! :D :thumbsup:)

No, I haven't gone after the snow the way I would have done at one time. When I was gear-testing, snow this far south was a real blessing for me :thumbsup:

That's a cool pic David :cool: :thumbsup:

Well guys and gals, I'm back after my cancer surgery. I was in the hospital in Portland, Oregon for two weeks and at the Swing Bed facility at our local hospital here in our town for a week. I'm still fairly weak but wanted to check in. I'll post in the future when I can.

Here I am two-days post-op displaying my usual effervescent personality. Sone of you may be asking; "What has that boy got tied to his head"? It's an ice pack - my best friend for my stay in the hospital. That thing coming out of my nose is my feeding tube.

ZeZbVUu.jpg

A big decision I had to make when going for surgery was - What knife to take? I decided on this
I decided on this Standard Lambfoot with Buffalo Horn cover that was gifted to me by Jack Black Jack Black . Of course I couldn't carry it on me so, the wife carried it in her purse for me.

q9c3REf.jpg

I didn't check this post out for spelling/grammar as I'm pretty much worn out from putting the post together. Good to be bak - I'll be talking - errrrrrrr, typing to everyone later.

Well guys and gals, I'm back after my cancer surgery. I was in the hospital in Portland, Oregon for two weeks and at the Swing Bed facility at our local hospital here in our town for a week. I'm still fairly weak but wanted to check in. I'll post in the future when I can.

Here I am two-days post-op displaying my usual effervescent personality. Sone of you may be asking; "What has that boy got tied to his head"? It's an ice pack - my best friend for my stay in the hospital. That thing coming out of my nose is my feeding tube.

ZeZbVUu.jpg

A big decision I had to make when going for surgery was - What knife to take? I decided on this
I decided on this Standard Lambfoot with Buffalo Horn cover that was gifted to me by Jack Black Jack Black . Of course I couldn't carry it on me so, the wife carried it in her purse for me.

q9c3REf.jpg

I didn't check this post out for spelling/grammar as I'm pretty much worn out from putting the post together. Good to be bak - I'll be talking - errrrrrrr, typing to everyone later.
It's great to hear from you, Ed. Still praying for you, buddy. :thumbsup:

ZeZbVUu.jpg

q9c3REf.jpg

Ed it’s great to see you posting! I’m sure you’ll have some stories to tell when you get back in the saddle! Still sending prayers and best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery my friend! :D

Good morning, Guardians!
k9A8Uac.jpg

And a Happy February 29 to all! (If ya ain't hitched yet, fellas, bolt yer doors!*)

*Allusion to Jack's post in the totin' thread re Feb. 29.

Cool pic Vince, and sound advice! :D :thumbsup:

ZeZbVUu.jpg

q9c3REf.jpg

Ed, it's fantastic to read your post :) I imagine it's been a tough few weeks, but I'm sure all your fellow Guardians are pleased to know you're OK, and recovering well it seems :) Ed, I'm honoured by your choice of op knife my friend :) Hope you're soon up and running around again ;) :thumbsup:

Great beer mat, Jack! :D

Too many great pictures to comment on, but I sure appreciate seeing them, thanks all.

I'm only having one beer tonight, so I thought I'd make it a BIG one... :)

View attachment 1292823

Can’t imagine you’d need more than one of those! I was going to make a joke about it still being a bit cold out for a picnic, but it‘s supposed to get above 40° today and tomorrow… I think that is picnic weather in MN! :D

ZeZbVUu.jpg

q9c3REf.jpg

Good to see you, ED! :thumbsup:

ZeZbVUu.jpg

q9c3REf.jpg

Prayers have been answered... I'm so glad you're back and on the mend. Hope you're 100% soon. :cool::thumbsup:

Back