Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I make my own rules. :D
DIY :D:thumbsup::cool:

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. It’s the Guardian SFO Ironwood. No file work. The HHB is resting on a large magnifying glass. That’s a cracking great image of your Cracker Jack.
Hale Bros.
That Hale Bros. is very hearty with those bolsters and covers! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for the knife and photo info, and for the Cracker Jack props, Harvey. :)

"Well spotted, Bruce." That makes more sense than my idea that Chester was offering to enlarge our hero's bosoms.
I'm not convinced that rock lyricists give high priority to logic/sense-making, but my interpretations try to achieve that objective. :rolleyes:

Thanks y'all. I think Betty blushed a little at all the praise. ;):D

I hope all you folks have a great week.
Great photos of that blond horn knife in chains and your ironwood acting nutritional, FBC! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thats great GT! There are quite a few places that claim to be possible sites of Camelot but Slack, in West Yorkshire, is a new one on me! :D:thumbsup:
I reckon Jack could dodge roadblocks and drones on a field trip and report back. Maybe draw the fabled Unicorn horn covered damascus bladed big'un from the stone. :D
I'm actually carrying my ironwood today but as Jack has posted a pic of the Three Stags pub I thought I'd post an old pic of a bottle of their fine Black Lurcher beer that is brewed especially for the Three Stags. :cool:
Thanks, David, I'm amazed that I dug up an historical hypothesis that was new to you! :eek:;)
Someone should make a sketch of Jack drawing a lambsfoot from a stone! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup: Maybe if I ever get another lambsfoot, I should consider naming it Excalibur.
That Black Lurcher looks like a stout I'd enjoy, even if it's stronger than most of the beer I drink. :thumbsup::cool::cool:

View attachment 1312295
Leaf blower was running like caca... Turns out a cracked fuel line was the culprit. Rosie along for all duties cutting related today.
I admire your and Rosie's talents for fixing your equipment! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I can tear stuff apart, but can''t diagnose what's wrong or get it back together. :(

Recycled picture of what I'm using today.
View attachment 1312314
Good morning Guardians and anyone else looking in.
Jack Black Jack Black - I thought it only fitting to show your SFO Hartshead Barlow knives for your Birthday.:thumbsup::)
Happy birthday, Jack!
Hope you're having a good day.
I'm carrying my HHB in honor of your day!:thumbsup:;)
I spent the day testing a recipe that I’ve shared with some Guardians. It seems to have turned out well.
Bill, ED, Mark, and Dave, your stag HHBs are very handsome Hartsheads!!:thumbsup::cool::cool:

Happy Birthday, Jack, from the Dorset Ooser and me.
Of course I'm really from Devon, but Devon and Dorset are almost as contiguous as Cadbury Castle and Winchester Cathedral.:rolleyes:
[edited to remove the spurious "i".]
Great photo of your ebony Guardians lambsfoot and your rare book! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Sköll on patrol, and an appealing two-tone sheath!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

No. It’s not a JB Ebony SFO being consumed by fire. It’s the fabulous Ebony Big ùn SFO resting on a failed first draft of a breakfast Naan.:D
View attachment 1312471
I was another whose first reaction was a lambsfoot in Dante's Inferno! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It seems some of the Guardians of the Lambsfoot are becoming Knights of Sourdough. :p I'm sure it's okay to be both. :cool::thumbsup:
You know, a Spam sandwich with sourdough bread is mighty tasty. :)
Rachel & Vince, you crack me up! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

And the very "tasty" results and photo! Warm homemade bread with butter and honey...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Dennis, you got my attention with your menu item! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Good to see you here; you're a genuine patina artist! ;):cool::cool:

As always your compliments are appreciated Gary! :) “So far, so good" is the same way we feel too! :thumbsup: It’s great to see you are still eating healthy. In times like this it definitely can’t hurt anything! :D
Thanks, Ron; I hope we can make that our daily report for the foreseeable future! :cool::cool::thumbsup: If only ALL my food intake were as healthy as that photo suggested. :rolleyes: That little sambar lambsfoot you have is a gem! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

View attachment 1312769 With me at work again today.
Cool grain in that handle, Chuck! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Just fiddling around with a few different ideas.
I'm sure I'll eventually land on a design that I like.
I think I'm going to try one that is laced shut, it should look very cool.
I'm sure all teachers are figuring out the same stuff.
It's a hassle, but at least we are still being allowed to work.
I've got the video conference stuff worked out and a white board at home, so...
Brussels sprouts... Yummy, I love 'em.
Great picture of your Lamb in action, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
I have some leather from an old ball glove that I want to turn into a sheath some day, and I've thought I might like to use lacing instead of stitching. Which is actually easier for a total beginner like me, John?
Thanks, John. When our daughter was very young, we used to come home from church every Sunday and watch a Star Trek TNG re-run on local TV while eating Brussels sprouts and hot cheese dip. Those were the days! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've lost just shy of 100-pounds since my journey started.:eek: I've gained about 2-pounds this last week but I need to put more weight on. To that end, I'm going to start drinking two beers a day.:D I think I'm going to start with a Dark Sierra Nevada Beer.:thumbsup: Beer gut soon to follow.:rolleyes:
Sounds good, ED; the beer should be easy to swallow! Splendid rosewood HHB! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks GT, I've aged badly since then! :eek: :D
Thank you :) Yes, the guinea pigs are very weird! :eek: We didn't know they were there until we came back to the car, and fortunately, noticed someone else shooing them out from under his! Their survival instincts aren't great :rolleyes:

Bad news on Slack :rolleyes: Nice to see you eating healthy my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for the dialogue, Jack. :)

A chicken, cheddar, and homemade tomato chutney panini on some really good sour dough from a local bakery!
woahtzS.jpg
Liquid salami on mustard and rye bread and fresh water out of our well. Perfect lunch!!!

IulPUTF.jpg

I should probably keep my dining opinions to myself, but I have to confess that Taylor's sandwich variation appeals to me MUCH more than ED's does! :eek:;)

nuff said. 1-XL
View attachment 1313018

Ari. Our 24-7 Social Distance Enforcer.
View attachment 1313019
Cool and timely pics, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you, GT! I'm not sure that I've had that beer - there is a Session Black Lager but I don't believe that's the same thing. Session beers are made by Full Sail Brewery and are known for their simplicity, including their labels.
I was kind of kidding you, Dylan. :rolleyes: Carling Black Label used to be a popular beer back in the 50s and 60s, I think.

Lam Jack wasting time:
LJ.goldwatch.open.jpg

- GT

Sounds like you have more interesting rail journeys than me then.:):thumbsup:

I was having a day out at Appleby :) Haven't anywhere interesting on the train recently though :( :thumbsup:

Sounds like useful advice for dodging the roadblocks and drones. Cheers! :D:thumbsup:

Good to see you maintaining hand hygiene there Harvey. :):thumbsup:

O4xYZpE.jpg

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Nice pic David, I was out that way about 6 weeks ago, but the museum at Golcar was shut unfortunately. I have always thought Scapegoat Hill was a great name :D :thumbsup:

Someone should make a sketch of Jack drawing a lambsfoot from a stone! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup: Maybe if I ever get another lambsfoot, I should consider naming it Excalibur.

:rolleyes:

I was kind of kidding you, Dylan. :rolleyes: Carling Black Label used to be a popular beer back in the 50s and 60s, I think.

Lam Jack wasting time:
View attachment 1313381

- GT

Cheers Gary :) Carling Black Label is still popular here, mainly on draught, for some reason :confused: Cool vintage ad, and an excellent photo my friend :thumbsup:

I just took delivery of a bottle of Lagavulin :) No pics, as it's still in quarantine, but it looks a lot like this, but hopefully with twice as much whisky in it ;) :D :thumbsup:

pPaTAAn.jpg

Just been looking in my booze cupboard, and the even larger overspill booze cupboard, and I don't think I'm going to run out of whisky for a while! :eek: :) :thumbsup:

I'm not convinced that rock lyricists give high priority to logic/sense-making, but my interpretations try to achieve that objective. :rolleyes:
It's an uphill climb.
I recently looked up that song "about the swans, how they live in the park". Obviously very deep and heavy stuff. Turns out it's called Badge because Eric Clapton misread George Harrison's "bridge" on the MS. The lyrics are mysterious because they are rhyming fragments from George's drinking bouts with Ringo.
GZvZ8pV.jpg

Last edited:
It's an uphill climb.
I recently looked up that song "about the swans, how they live in the park". Obviously very deep and heavy stuff. Turns out it's called Badge because Eric Clapton misread George Harrison's "bridge" on the MS. The lyrics are mysterious because they are rhyming fragments from George's drinking bouts with Ringo.

When read from the page, a lot of popular songs, just read like gibberish I think :rolleyes: Not hard to find examples :D

Metal Guru by Marc Bolan

My-wow-oh-yeah!
Metal Guru is it you, Metal Guru is it you
Sitting there in your armor plated chair, oh yeah
Metal Guru is it true, Metal Guru is it true
All alone without a telephone, oh yeah
Metal Guru could it be you're gonna bring my baby to me
She'll be wild you know a rock and roll child, oh yeah
Metal Guru has it been, just like a silver-studded sabre-tooth dream
I'II be clean you know pollution machine, oh yeah
Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, rock!
Metal Guru is it you, Metal Guru is it true

I've known a few pop musicians over the years, and I have to say, not many of them were very bright :rolleyes:

When read from the page, a lot of popular songs, just read like gibberish I think :rolleyes: Not hard to find examples :D

Metal Guru by Marc Bolan

My-wow-oh-yeah!
Sitting there in your armor plated chair, oh yeah
Metal Guru is it true, Metal Guru is it true
All alone without a telephone, oh yeah
Metal Guru has it been, just like a silver-studded sabre-tooth dream
I'II be clean you know pollution machine, oh yeah
Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, rock!
Metal Guru is it you, Metal Guru is it true

I've known a few pop musicians over the years, and I have to say, not many of them were very bright :rolleyes:
Hey, man, you can't always reduce meaningfulness to, like, you know, meanings, man.
p1ubI3S.jpg

[I added a lambsfoot tableau of homage to my last post.]

Last edited:
Thank you, GT. :)

Thanks, John. When our daughter was very young, we used to come home from church every Sunday and watch a Star Trek TNG re-run on local TV while eating Brussels sprouts and hot cheese dip. Those were the days! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Brussels Sprouts with cheese dip? I've got to try that some day. :):thumbsup:

I have some leather from an old ball glove that I want to turn into a sheath some day, and I've thought I might like to use lacing instead of stitching. Which is actually easier for a total beginner like me, John?
Sewing is easier for sure. But some things just look nicer with lacing.

Hey, man, you can't always reduce meaningfulness to, like, you know, meanings, man.
p1ubI3S.jpg

[I added a lambsfoot tableau of homage to my last post.]

Woah. When was that edition published? I’m wondering when they acknowledged the universe of languages extended beyond English. :)

And, I’d be laying flat on my back, just like that lambsfoot, if I tried to heft that tome, too!

DIY :D:thumbsup::cool:

That Hale Bros. is very hearty with those bolsters and covers! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for the knife and photo info, and for the Cracker Jack props, Harvey. :)

Great photos of that blond horn knife in chains and your ironwood acting nutritional, FBC! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, David, I'm amazed that I dug up an historical hypothesis that was new to you! :eek:;)
That Black Lurcher looks like a stout I'd enjoy, even if it's stronger than most of the beer I drink. :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I admire your and Rosie's talents for fixing your equipment! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I can tear stuff apart, but can''t diagnose what's wrong or get it back together. :(

Bill, ED, Mark, and Dave, your stag HHBs are very handsome Hartsheads!!:thumbsup::cool::cool:

Great photo of your ebony Guardians lambsfoot and your rare book! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I was another whose first reaction was a lambsfoot in Dante's Inferno! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rachel & Vince, you crack me up! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Dennis, you got my attention with your menu item! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Good to see you here; you're a genuine patina artist! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks, Ron; I hope we can make that our daily report for the foreseeable future! :cool::cool::thumbsup: If only ALL my food intake were as healthy as that photo suggested. :rolleyes: That little sambar lambsfoot you have is a gem! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Cool grain in that handle, Chuck! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Sounds good, ED; the beer should be easy to swallow! Splendid rosewood HHB! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I should probably keep my dining opinions to myself, but I have to confess that Taylor's sandwich variation appeals to me MUCH more than ED's does! :eek:;)

Cool and timely pics, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Lam Jack wasting time:
View attachment 1313381

- GT
Thanks for your kind words GT. I value your opinion.

Just been looking in my booze cupboard, and the even larger overspill booze cupboard, and I don't think I'm going to run out of whisky for a while! :eek: :) :thumbsup:

That Lagavulin is mighty tasty. Glad you have plenty of whisky to hold you over for a while. By the way, I noticed that you share a birthday with Eric Clapton even though he is a bit older.

We’ll be hoping for the same for the foreseeable future Gary! :thumbsup: We all need to eat as healthy as we can. So far we’ve been able to get most all of the fresh veggies we needed. :) Thanks for the compliment on my little Sambar Lambsfoot. I fortunate to have three nice wee Sambar examples. Including my AC of course! ;) :D

Back