Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I just took delivery of a bottle of Lagavulin :) No pics, as it's still in quarantine, but it looks a lot like this, but hopefully with twice as much whisky in it ;) :D :thumbsup:

pPaTAAn.jpg

Just been looking in my booze cupboard, and the even larger overspill booze cupboard, and I don't think I'm going to run out of whisky for a while! :eek: :) :thumbsup:

It's always good, especially during a "stay at home order" to have full whiskey cupboards!

That Lagavulin is mighty tasty. Glad you have plenty of whisky to hold you over for a while. By the way, I noticed that you share a birthday with Eric Clapton even though he is a bit older.

It's my favourite whisky Les, so a nice present :) Yes, I think I will be OK for a bit ;) I always find that when I stop drinking for a while, even just a few weeks, it takes me a while to get warmed up again, but I might have a dram tonight :D ;) Thank you for the information :) :thumbsup:

It's my favourite whisky Les, so a nice present :) Yes, I think I will be OK for a bit ;) I always find that when I stop drinking for a while, even just a few weeks, it takes me a while to get warmed up again, but I might have a dram tonight :D ;) Thank you for the information :) :thumbsup:

AHHHHHHHH Derek & the Dominoes!!!! I feel younger all at once! :D:D:D

L
I just took delivery of a bottle of Lagavulin :) No pics, as it's still in quarantine, but it looks a lot like this, but hopefully with twice as much whisky in it ;) :D :thumbsup:

pPaTAAn.jpg

Just been looking in my booze cupboard, and the even larger overspill booze cupboard, and I don't think I'm going to run out of whisky for a while! :eek: :) :thumbsup:
Lagavulin 16 - ahh :):thumbsup::thumbsup:. My favorite dram. So much character and flavor. The scotches from Islay are my go-to beverages. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Exceptions: Bob Dylan, Warren Zevon, Ian Anderson. There may be more.
BZoo4mj.jpg

Maybe Paul?

There are certainly plenty of exceptions. Not sure I'd include Paul :D Or Clapton for that matter! :eek: I think we often assume people in the public eye simply must have a higher level of intelligence, with musicians and actors, often being asked for their views and opinions on areas well outside their field of talent. Some are certainly smarter than others, but I doubt whether having a good voice or being able to play the guitar makes you any smarter than the average Joe. It's probably more likely to mean that you skipped school a lot, and possibly took a lot of drugs! :D :thumbsup:

There are certainly plenty of exceptions. Not sure I'd include Paul :D Or Clapton for that matter! :eek: I think we often assume people in the public eye simply must have a higher level of intelligence, with musicians and actors, often being asked for their views and opinions on areas well outside their field of talent. Some are certainly smarter than others, but I doubt whether having a good voice or being able to play the guitar makes you any smarter than the average Joe. It's probably more likely to mean that you skipped school a lot, and possibly took a lot of drugs! :D :thumbsup:
Yeah, and Paul don't eat meat! Something wrong with him.... :D

Jack, I always feel sorry for you Brits when it comes to whisky . . . you get shortchanged 50 ml with every bottle!

View attachment 1313505

Yeah Jeff, and sometimes it's cheaper on the other side of the world because of the high rate of tax here :eek: I used to be fond of Macallan 12, but for some reason, and for many years, the 12 was export only, and you could only get the 10 here o_O

Wow it seemed like just yesterday this thread reached 1000 pages...now it is well on its way to 2000 :)
I have to hand it to you all...it is impressive that you can contribute so much and keep up with this thread! I really wish I could. I do lurk quite a bit though :) Just checking in hope you all have a great day(evening).

Wow it seemed like just yesterday this thread reached 1000 pages...now it is well on its way to 2000 :)
I have to hand it to you all...it is impressive that you can contribute so much and keep up with this thread! I really wish I could. I do lurk quite a bit though :) Just checking in hope you all have a great day(evening).

You too Darren, good to see you here :) :thumbsup:

Hope it goes OK Chuck :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack things are going pretty good, work is crazy busy, 3M is one of our customers and we have been putting out product so they can produce large quantities of N95 face masks, keeping us going 24/7. Both my wife and I are deemed critical workers at our respective jobs so we try our hardest to social distance the best we can, we haven't seen our kids or grandkids in about 3 weeks now, just a needed precaution now a days. Hope all this mess starts to subside soon and the world can get back to normal.

sorry for going on.
Be Safe Everone.

Back