Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the link. I pretty much struck out at two grocery stores, and hours of looking online. I have plenty of bread in my freezer, but I like to bake once a week.
Jh5Pqn1.jpg

Yeah, that does make a lot of sense. I've heard that 25# bags are available here, but that's too much flour for me. I also heard that one of our best local bakeries is selling flour and yeast to home bakers. That would also be consistent with the supply chain being alive and well for bulk purchases.

Lovely to see another one of your splendid loaves, Dave, and, of course, that splendid Hartshead posing with it. :)

Submitted as formal application for membership in the honorable Guardians sub-order of the Knights of the Sourdough:

F6l4qlzh.jpg

0b1XodRh.jpg

My first sourdough loaf! As befitting an aspiring Knight baking a Round Loaf, I used King Arthur flour. :D

My technique has deficiencies that led to a broader, more squat loaf than the lovely ones that @Dschal has been showing. But, what fun would a new skill/hobby be if there weren't abundant things to continue to learn, work on, and improve? It tastes good, so I'm chalking it up as a success for my first try and motivation for a second attempt soon. Many thanks to Dave for his advice and encouragement!

Stay safe and have a good week, everyone!

Stellar pic, like always! I need to up my camera game a bit!

Thank you, my friend. I have no claim to any great skill - there are some impressive photographers here on BF and are Guardians to boot - Harvey being one of them.

I like setting up the shot, capturing good lighting, and striving to make colors pop with good clarity. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not...

Thank you, my friend. I have no claim to any great skill - there are some impressive photographers here on BF and are Guardians to boot - Harvey being one of them.

I like setting up the shot, capturing good lighting, and striving to make colors pop with good clarity. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not...
Mostly works. :thumbsup:

I know exactly what you're talking about Ron Half/Stop Half/Stop . This Large "Big-un" did a great job too.

iJNR0v0.jpg

Picture taken and Spam eaten before Feeding Tube. Sure would like some for lunch today.

Sorry to hear it'll be so long before you're back on the SPAM my friend :( I hope it tastes all the sweeter then :thumbsup:

I just came from outside from shooting some slingshot :) , I was finally able to set up my catch box in my backyard
It's HOT lol, 14 celsius which is like 57.2 F :D

chdqo5jt.png

pywAS5v.jpg

I used my trusty Jelly Bean :) (my aim was neither trusty or HOT but I had fun :) )

VAqbA1Z.jpg

Great stuff Dan, I'm sure you'll excel, like you do at everything else! :D My Tennis Elbow has been very painful this past week, but I'm hoping to get back to it soon :) :thumbsup:

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the link. I pretty much struck out at two grocery stores, and hours of looking online. I have plenty of bread in my freezer, but I like to bake once a week.
Jh5Pqn1.jpg

A pleasure Dave, I'm glad it was of interest :thumbsup: Sorry to hear you're struggling to get supplies, I was hoping to get some flour from my local sourdough bakery, but they have closed down for the duration. Just hoping it's not permanently :( Great photo :) :thumbsup:

Submitted as formal application for membership in the honorable Guardians sub-order of the Knights of the Sourdough:

F6l4qlzh.jpg

0b1XodRh.jpg

My first sourdough loaf! As befitting an aspiring Knight baking a Round Loaf, I used King Arthur flour. :D

My technique has deficiencies that led to a broader, more squat loaf than the lovely ones that @Dschal has been showing. But, what fun would a new skill/hobby be if there weren't abundant things to continue to learn, work on, and improve? It tastes good, so I'm chalking it up as a success for my first try and motivation for a second attempt soon. Many thanks to Dave for his advice and encouragement!

Stay safe and have a good week, everyone!

Well done Greg, it's great to see your first sourdough :) :thumbsup:

I do love me a good sourdough... No clue on how to make it though. I do make a mean beer bread however.

Some nice weather today.

tyvqejO.jpg

Nice photo Dylan. I had a few drams myself last night, though not in such beautiful surroundings :) :thumbsup:

CHCQ37a.jpg

8vSq5NV.jpg

My dad used to make some tasty sourdough bread. You can also make sourdough biscuits that are really good, especially with some homemade jelly!

Sounds tasty Les, nice photo of your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, trying to get the sound of Sonny & Cher out of my ears o_O Tuesday is it?! :rolleyes: Hope everyone is keeping well :) Sunny weather here today, and I am considering having a walk up to the shops, need to get a shave first though :rolleyes: Stay safe Guardians :thumbsup:

5mWSydv.jpg

Thank you Jon :)

I just came from outside from shooting some slingshot :) , I was finally able to set up my catch box in my backyard
It's HOT lol, 14 celsius which is like 57.2 F :D

chdqo5jt.png

pywAS5v.jpg

I used my trusty Jelly Bean :) (my aim was neither trusty or HOT but I had fun :) )

VAqbA1Z.jpg
:) Glad you were able to get outside and get some practice. 57f I would be indoors lol :D Nice picture of your bean and blade!

My dad used to make some tasty sourdough bread. You can also make sourdough biscuits that are really good, especially with some homemade jelly!

Biscuits, yum! Now my mouth is watering.

Thanks! After our initial burst of activity, the sourdough starter is now taking a break in the fridge for a while. I have enough whole wheat flour for one more loaf in a week or so when I get the itch again.

It’s just as well. It’s been tremendously fun getting it going, and the results have been satisfying, but I couldn’t keep up with all that baking and carb eating even if I had an endless supply of flour. :D

I hope you have a safe and productive walk to the shops, Jack. Please stay safe!

A pretty face for a rainy morning:
8jATQ07.jpg

That iron bar is a repro of a weight for holding your scroll open while brush-and-inking. Mom used it to hold her cookbooks open.

What a great idea. Many of my cookbooks have stains on the bottoms of the pages from my hurriedly trying to keep them from shutting while I had my hands covered in one ingredient or other. :D

I do love me a good sourdough... No clue on how to make it though. I do make a mean beer bread however.

Some nice weather today.

tyvqejO.jpg
That aint no beer and that aint no bread but everything in your photo looks delicious!:D:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry to hear it'll be so long before you're back on the SPAM my friend :( I hope it tastes all the sweeter then :thumbsup:

Great stuff Dan, I'm sure you'll excel, like you do at everything else! :D My Tennis Elbow has been very painful this past week, but I'm hoping to get back to it soon :) :thumbsup:

A pleasure Dave, I'm glad it was of interest :thumbsup: Sorry to hear you're struggling to get supplies, I was hoping to get some flour from my local sourdough bakery, but they have closed down for the duration. Just hoping it's not permanently :( Great photo :) :thumbsup:

Nice photo Dylan. I had a few drams myself last night, though not in such beautiful surroundings :) :thumbsup:

CHCQ37a.jpg

8vSq5NV.jpg

Sounds tasty Les, nice photo of your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, trying to get the sound of Sonny & Cher out of my ears o_O Tuesday is it?! :rolleyes: Hope everyone is keeping well :) Sunny weather here today, and I am considering having a walk up to the shops, need to get a shave first though :rolleyes: Stay safe Guardians :thumbsup:

5mWSydv.jpg
I see that you have your vintage razor out and in the ready along with your HHB. Is that a Simpsons shave brush? I have a Simpsons Duke 3 (Best Badger) in my rotation.

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

A pretty face for a rainy morning:
8jATQ07.jpg

That iron bar is a repro of a weight for holding your scroll open while brush-and-inking. Mom used it to hold her cookbooks open.

That's pretty cool Jer :cool: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! I hope y’all are safe and well! :) I carry a Lambsfoot! :thumbsup: Today I’m carrying a Sambar Wee ‘un. :D

49746067642_f4af86e9c8_c_d.jpg

Looking good Ron :thumbsup:

Thanks! After our initial burst of activity, the sourdough starter is now taking a break in the fridge for a while. I have enough whole wheat flour for one more loaf in a week or so when I get the itch again.

It’s just as well. It’s been tremendously fun getting it going, and the results have been satisfying, but I couldn’t keep up with all that baking and carb eating even if I had an endless supply of flour. :D

I hope you have a safe and productive walk to the shops, Jack. Please stay safe!

Looking forward to seeing your next effort Greg :) Thanks pal, I had a 3 mile walk, and got in a few things, but couldn't believe how busy it was compared to last week, I'd say there were 5 times as many people, and 3 times as many cars. Saw some pretty stupid behaviour too :thumbsdown:

I see that you have your vintage razor out and in the ready along with your HHB. Is that a Simpsons shave brush? I have a Simpsons Duke 3 (Best Badger) in my rotation.

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

A fresh blade today too Bill :) It's actually a Taylor's brush, I hope you like your Simpsons :thumbsup:

Back