Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Made a nice change after all the solitary confinement Ron :) My heart always sinks a little when I see some penknives, and the trader says, "I've researched them." It usually means they've spent some time reading nonsense on ebay, that they'll have learned nothing about the knives, will most likely have cleaned them - badly, and that the prices will be stupid o_O A few interesting ones though (pic in the EDC thread). Hope you're having a good day pal :) :thumbsup:
I’ve never understood the clean them badly mentally some sellers take. :( I much rather have a hundred year old as found knife than to have one that’s shiny as a new penny with grinding or sanding marks present all over! :thumbsup:

I’ve had a good day Jack. :thumbsup: I went to the doctor for a six month checkup. I’ve lost 18 pounds since December. My cholesterol and blood pressure were so low he took me off some of my meds. He asked me what I was doing differently and I said clean living. No fast food and working harder with more physical activity! :eek: I’m celebrating tonight with a homemade grilled salmon salad. Fresh tomatoes, romaine lettuce, apples, carrots and fresh zucchini. Topped with oil and vinegar dressing. Water to drink and a French roast coffee for desert! :D :thumbsup:

49996382541_bc67665575_o_d.jpg

Here's a photo I took a couple of months ago of a house and Little Free Library about .5 mile south and .25 mile east of my house, at the intersection of Boston Street and Colorado Avenue. (My town has no reluctance to name its streets after other cities and states. :rolleyes:) The style of the little library is not very similar to the house, but the color scheme and shingles of library and house are certainly related.
4.boston&colorado.jpg
Here are a couple of pics of my Union Jack on the shelves in the library. Anyone recognize any books? When I "processed" the pics, I recognized a book in each photo, even though I didn't notice them when I took the pictures.
4.UJ.onshelf.reacher.jpg
4.UJ.pile.onshelf sachar.jpg

- GT

I'm still trying to finish off yesterday's eggplant, (a giant pink "rosa bianca")
dzG4D0P.jpg

Oh WOW!!!! That looks so good Rachel. What with my operation, my chewing is limited but Eggplant is right up my alley.:thumbsup: I cut it in thin slices, dip it in a light egg, milk, and flour batter, lightly fry it and then cut the skin off and eat the light, tender, Eggplant. My mouth is watering right now.:):)

Oh WOW!!!! That looks so good Rachel. What with my operation, my chewing is limited but Eggplant is right up my alley.:thumbsup: I cut it in thin slices, dip it in a light egg, milk, and flour batter, lightly fry it and then cut the skin off and eat the light, tender, Eggplant. My mouth is watering right now.:):)
Thanks, it was good! I've never had this variety before, and the skin is tougher than on the little Japanese type. So I peeled it first.
I just cooked slices of it in a cast iron pan with olive oil and garlic, plus a little butter and salt. I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere tonight, because my own garlic breath might kill me if I'm wearing a mask. :eek:;)

Here's a photo I took a couple of months ago of a house and Little Free Library about .5 mile south and .25 mile east of my house, at the intersection of Boston Street and Colorado Avenue. (My town has no reluctance to name its streets after other cities and states. :rolleyes:)
I live about half a block from the corner of Boston & Chicago myself!

Jack Black Jack Black - Very happy to hear of your venture out. You needed it. We all need it.

Good Morning Guardians.

Christopher Johnson/Western Works
View attachment 1356818

View attachment 1356820

Thank you Harvey, I am glad that the weather has generally been good here, otherwise I would have had even less social contact than the very limited amount that I have had. It was certainly good to see friends I haven't seen for a while :) Fantastic photos of your Christopher Johnson :) :thumbsup:

Unfortunately

I had a "not so great" outing but I have to say I always have a lot of fun. The weather was a bit dismal and the course had not been maintained well.:mad: It had always been a very nice golf course but sadly has been let go and was not very enjoyable to play as of now.:(:(:(

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Sorry to hear it wasn't the best day out Bill :( :thumbsup:

I’ve never understood the clean them badly mentally some sellers take. :( I much rather have a hundred year old as found knife than to have one that’s shiny as a new penny with grinding or sanding marks present all over! :thumbsup:

I’ve had a good day Jack. :thumbsup: I went to the doctor for a six month checkup. I’ve lost 18 pounds since December. My cholesterol and blood pressure were so low he took me off some of my meds. He asked me what I was doing differently and I said clean living. No fast food and working harder with more physical activity! :eek: I’m celebrating tonight with a homemade grilled salmon salad. Fresh tomatoes, romaine lettuce, apples, carrots and fresh zucchini. Topped with oil and vinegar dressing. Water to drink and a French roast coffee for desert! :D :thumbsup:

49996382541_bc67665575_o_d.jpg

It's largely down to stupidity I think Ron, at least the knives I got yesterday haven't been cleaned with a grinder or Dremel, like many ruined old knives I've seen o_O

Well done Ron, that's fantastic! :) That looks both healthy, and very tasty my friend :) :thumbsup:

It was a bit of a shock to see my pal with the tool stall yesterday. He was diagnosed with diabetes shortly before the lockdown, and had been trying to eat a (much needed) healthier diet, and lose some weight. He has lost 28 pounds! :eek: I hope he can keep it off :thumbsup:

Here's a photo I took a couple of months ago of a house and Little Free Library about .5 mile south and .25 mile east of my house, at the intersection of Boston Street and Colorado Avenue. (My town has no reluctance to name its streets after other cities and states. :rolleyes:) The style of the little library is not very similar to the house, but the color scheme and shingles of library and house are certainly related.
View attachment 1357110
Here are a couple of pics of my Union Jack on the shelves in the library. Anyone recognize any books? When I "processed" the pics, I recognized a book in each photo, even though I didn't notice them when I took the pictures.
View attachment 1357115
View attachment 1357116

- GT

Cool photos Gary, thanks for seeking out another of the local free libraries to show here :) Great pics of your Union Jack too my friend :) :thumbsup:

Today's carry. Pile side because pile sides seem to be ignored most of the time.
fWAw5xt.jpg

Great to see you here good sir :) Fantastic to see one of the 2017 Guardians knives too, I really must get mine out, and give it some pocket-time soon :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, there are no barrels floating past my house, but it's rotten weather today, and 'raining cats and dogs', as people used to say here once (not a common expression now). I usually go out for a walk on a Friday, but not today! :rolleyes: Hope the sun is shining on the rest of you Guardians, and that you have a great day :) :thumbsup:

PNSd1NG.jpg

(Pic from last night, not my breakfast! :rolleyes:)

It's actually very different Barrett, barely sweet at all, very enjoyable, but I think a pint is enough at one go :thumbsup:

Interesting. The words “sweet” and “jammy” on the label had influenced my assumption. ;) :D

Thanks for the pics of the Leeds City Markets, Barrett. :):thumbsup::cool:
I wonder if "palatial" markets like that are a common feature of European cities? When I visited my daughter in Spain several years ago, there was a large Mercado near her neighborhood in which she often shopped. I went there with her once, and she knew many of the proprietors of the "stalls" within the market "palace". I also remember being impressed with the Mercado in Valencia when we visited that city. Here are photos that Barrett's pics reminded me of. Main entrance to the Valencia Mercado:
3-mercado-entrance-jpg.1356280

Part of the ceiling inside, including a central dome:
1-mercado-ceiling-jpg.1356278

One of the templos de jamón inside the building:
2-mercado-jamon-jpg.1356279

Impressive Gary, Barcelona has a nice one too. Here, I think markets were often beautifully built, but that changed when many were replaced with ugly utilitarian structures in the 20th century. Not far from Leeds, Halifax Borough Market is quite attractive, but also going into decline sadly :( :thumbsup:

photo0jpg.jpg

halifax_borough_market_arial_view_700.jpg

Excellent photos, guys! :thumbsup: I’m afraid I don’t have much experience with European markets. On our last trip to England, we spent a day in Cardiff and visited the Cardiff Central Market. It‘s not as large or ornate as those you shared (or the Leeds market), but they do have Welsh cakes, so… :D

xtxOWg7.jpg

On our first trip to England, we visited Wells (in Somerset) on a “market day.”

0IbJoWM.jpg

While Wells is fairly small, the mostly-outdoor market was surprisingly large. (The photo above shows only a very small portion of the stalls.) Not far from the marketplace is the impressive Wells Cathedral.

9tPos9T.jpg

I have been working all day, and only got out for a short walk, but I'm knocking off for a pint of my mate's home-brewed bitter now, and put my feet up for the evening :) Tomorrow is my big adventure! Leeds Market is re-opening, and I am going to head down there for some socially-distanced social contact, and maybe even a bowl of pho :) It's the first time I've been into the city centre since mid March, so I'll be filling my bag with all the goodies I can find! :D I also have three packages to send off to the winners of the 2000 Page Giveaway :) Speaking of which, don't forget the other giveaway folks, links in my sig line :thumbsup:

D2pUUsH.jpg

I hope you had a nice trip to the market, Jack! :thumbsup: Did you get a chance to see that “artistic” new entrance in person? :confused:

Interesting. The words “sweet” and “jammy” on the label had influenced my assumption. ;) :D

Yes, entirely reasonably! :D I had obviously expected it to be sweeter myself, but glad it wasn't ;) :thumbsup:

Excellent photos, guys! :thumbsup: I’m afraid I don’t have much experience with European markets. On our last trip to England, we spent a day in Cardiff and visited the Cardiff Central Market. It‘s not as large or ornate as those you shared (or the Leeds market), but they do have Welsh cakes, so… :D

xtxOWg7.jpg

On our first trip to England, we visited Wells (in Somerset) on a “market day.”

0IbJoWM.jpg

While Wells is fairly small, the mostly-outdoor market was surprisingly large. (The photo above shows only a very small portion of the stalls.) Not far from the marketplace is the impressive Wells Cathedral.

9tPos9T.jpg

I hope you had a nice trip to the market, Jack! :thumbsup: Did you get a chance to see that “artistic” new entrance in person? :confused:

Great photos Barrett, I have never been to Cardiff market, or even visited Wells, I had planned to visit that part of the country this year, but that trip will have to be for another time now o_O

I did have a nice trip to the market, thanks my friend :) Thankfully, the new entrance has not been built yet - and I hope it never is! o_O :thumbsup:

It's largely down to stupidity I think Ron, at least the knives I got yesterday haven't been cleaned with a grinder or Dremel, like many ruined old knives I've seen o_O

Well done Ron, that's fantastic! :) That looks both healthy, and very tasty my friend :) :thumbsup:

It was a bit of a shock to see my pal with the tool stall yesterday. He was diagnosed with diabetes shortly before the lockdown, and had been trying to eat a (much needed) healthier diet, and lose some weight. He has lost 28 pounds! :eek: I hope he can keep it off :thumbsup:
Ah! Stupidity! :eek: I knew there had to be some reason why they do it Jack! :rolleyes: Thanks Jack. Pam and I have decided to make a serious effort to eat healthier during this COVID crisis and we are bound and determined to stick with it long term. The salad was very good. Healthy and tasty can most certainly go hand in hand. I'm glad your pal is doing good. I know you guys had a great visit yesterday! :thumbsup: :)

btb01 btb01 Thanks for the great photos Barrett! :thumbsup: :cool:

Good Friday morning Guardians ! Hope everyone is looking forward to a nice weekend :thumbsup:
6lhp1T4.jpg
Beautiful T. Turner Lambsfoot Rob! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: What a beautiful sight to start the weekend with! :cool: :)

Good Friday morning Guardians ! Hope everyone is looking forward to a nice weekend :thumbsup:
6lhp1T4.jpg

Thanks Jack :thumbsup: it's my favorite in stag.

I'll echo Ron, Rob, fantastic :) :thumbsup:

Ah! Stupidity! :eek: I knew there had to be some reason why they do it Jack! :rolleyes: Thanks Jack. Pam and I have decided to make a serious effort to eat healthier during this COVID crisis and we are bound and determined to stick with it long term. The salad was very good. Healthy and tasty can most certainly go hand in hand. I'm glad your pal is doing good. I know you guys had a great visit yesterday! :thumbsup: :)

btb01 btb01 Thanks for the great photos Barrett! :thumbsup: :cool:

Beautiful T. Turner Lambsfoot Rob! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: What a beautiful sight to start the weekend with! :cool: :)

Stupidity has a lot to answer for! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup: Good for you and Pam, I think we all really need to make an effort as we get older, if we want to live a long and healthy life :) Not that I've been a shining example during the lockdown period I'm afraid, with all the beer and biscuits :rolleyes: I'll get back on track soon I hope ;) Surprisingly, I haven't actually put on any weight, which I don't really understand, considering the relative lack of exercise :rolleyes: Thank you my friend :) :thumbsup:

Lol... I was worried that it was your breakfast. :D

I think I'd have gone for the Oatmeal Stout :D ;) :thumbsup:

A good Friday morning to y'all! :) I'm going with this Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Knife this morning. A beautiful dark Ebony for Black Friday. Please remain safe and have a blessed day! :) :thumbsup:

48265039671_761a14cc14_o.jpg

Beautiful Lambsfoot Ron :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Here's one especially for 5K Qs 5K Qs My fellow Trekkie.

I've never seen him in Star Trek, but Patrick Stewart has been in the pub in Huddersfield that I go to with @ADEE, they have his photo on the wall. Nice photo of your '19 John :cool: :thumbsup:

0_JS141244828.jpg

Back