Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Now I'm trying not to burn my mouth! :D :thumbsup:

t4ew1J1.jpg

I've got a few chores to take care of today, including an appointment with some pigeons! :eek:

WZFGbna.jpg
Bullseye! :D I think those pigeons had better look out my friend! :D :thumbsup:

Great pic Jack. But where exactly is the pie??:D
V83Al7S.jpg

D6WLGwE.jpg

HXmS7e1.jpg
Great photos and Lambsfoot content David! :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Thanks mate, three cracking pics there :cool: It's actually been a while since I had a pie! :eek: I've had a few pasties, but I don't think I've had a pie for a couple of months :( Need to up my game! :D ;) :thumbsup:

PDS345W.jpg
Okay guys! :eek: Now I’m hungry and it’s only been a couple of hours since I ate breakfast! ;) :thumbsup:

I meant to ask, you know a fair bit about wood work, what sort of wax do you use?:)

Hi Leon, I use carnauba wax , a very hard wax. I touch the buffing wheel with it for a second and then buff the wood.
I buy mine at Lee Valley in Canada

However, they sell soft formulations for wood turnes of carnauba wax, bees wax and mineral oil that you can apply by hand with a rag. I made my own my melting a bit of these waxes and mixing with oil and it worked very well.

Good morning Guardians :)

fqSJELB.jpg

zFtHKhE.jpg

♻️ pics

Good evening Guardians, just want to wish everyone a good and safe weekend, especially those in the fire and hurricane/ flood areas of America. Take care and look after yourselves. Also been reading that parts of the " Old Dart " are going back into some forms of lockdown, just hang in there.:)
r8shell r8shell Liked the above post, great " Mob of Lambs " you have there.

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TO MANY LAMBS.

VfmAYHC.jpg
:thumbsup:

9QeMisp.jpg
Thank you. I'll have to take a new updated photo of the whole flock soon.
For the record, I'd consider it quite acceptable to reference other blade shapes in terms of comparison to the Lambsfoot, so long as the discussion didn't wander off into discussing other knives :thumbsup:

Cool pic Rachel :) :thumbsup:
Well, in that case, my point (;)) is:
Sometimes the tip of a wharncliffe is too delicate, and a sheepfoot is too beefy and awkward. Then the Lambsfoot is the blade that Goldilocks liked: "Just right." :cool::thumbsup:

I'm off to try some of this precious stuff on my eggs. I hope everyone has a fun, safe weekend.
PXN8jT3.jpg

Bullseye! :D I think those pigeons had better look out my friend! :D :thumbsup:

Great photos and Lambsfoot content David! :) :thumbsup:

Okay guys! :eek: Now I’m hungry and it’s only been a couple of hours since I ate breakfast! ;) :thumbsup:

I think they must have heard me coming Ron :rolleyes: Got a lot round here recently, because of some local idiot feeding them on an almost industrial scale o_O When I was out in the back garden the other day, there must have been at least a dozen on my roof. Obviously, I don't want to wreck my own roof, so I only armed myself with some clay balls as ammunition, but when I went out today, there was only one up there, and he soon flew off. Think I might have to make a few trips :rolleyes: While I was out there, I took this pic for Jer screened porch screened porch ! :D I certainly wouldn't trust one of the local Greys with a Lambsfoot though, they'd either chew the scales off or run off with it! :eek:

MWf8hJY.jpg

Good morning Guardians! Me and Big Eb are heading to the kitchen! ;) I hope y’all have a great weekend! :D :thumbsup:

50355700627_8636633f3e_c_d.jpg

Hope you two rustle up some good grub Ron! :D :) :thumbsup:

RkmQNhn.jpg

I almost ordered two new sets of strings; I guess they were on sale last time.

Nice choice Jer :) :thumbsup:

fqSJELB.jpg

zFtHKhE.jpg

♻️ pics

Looks like some wind has passed through there Dan, nice pics :) :thumbsup:

Well, in that case, my point (;)) is:
Sometimes the tip of a wharncliffe is too delicate, and a sheepfoot is too beefy and awkward. Then the Lambsfoot is the blade that Goldilocks liked: "Just right." :cool::thumbsup:

I'm off to try some of this precious stuff on my eggs. I hope everyone has a fun, safe weekend.
PXN8jT3.jpg

Definitely Rachel :) Enjoy your eggs :) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I think they must have heard me coming Ron :rolleyes: Got a lot round here recently, because of some local idiot feeding them on an almost industrial scale o_O When I was out in the back garden the other day, there must have been at least a dozen on my roof. Obviously, I don't want to wreck my own roof, so I only armed myself with some clay balls as ammunition, but when I went out today, there was only one up there, and he soon flew off. Think I might have to make a few trips :rolleyes: While I was out there, I took this pic for Jer screened porch screened porch ! :D I certainly wouldn't trust one of the local Greys with a Lambsfoot though, they'd either chew the scales off or run off with it! :eek:

MWf8hJY.jpg

Hope you two rustle up some good grub Ron! :D :) :thumbsup:
That sounds like they were tipped off Jack! ;) I definitely wouldn’t trust that big Grey with a Lambsfoot. With my luck that thing would run off and bury it for a later day. Every flower pot or plant bed we have has small oaks coming up from the squirrels burying acorns! :rolleyes: If they did decide to chew it would be a disaster! :eek: If they can chew up a hickory nut they would demolish some Stag, Horn or Ebony! :eek: ;) :D

You're going to feed them, right?

Yeah, made them up something special Vince :rolleyes: :eek: :D :thumbsup:

fbd12ca5248e23517ea7f7b5d5cde72b.jpg

Good morning, Guardians!
Cws67jY.jpg

Very handsome my friend :thumbsup:

That sounds like they were tipped off Jack! ;) I definitely wouldn’t trust that big Grey with a Lambsfoot. With my luck that thing would run off and bury it for a later day. Every flower pot or plant bed we have has small oaks coming up from the squirrels burying acorns! :rolleyes: If they did decide to chew it would be a disaster! :eek: If they can chew up a hickory nut they would demolish some Stag, Horn or Ebony! :eek: ;) :D

Must of been Ron ;) Yeah, those rascals aren't getting near my Barlow! :eek: There're always burying nuts near me, but nothing ever seems to come up :rolleyes:

Something people don't realize is that when there is a group of squirrels around your house, they can undermine the slab of your house if built on a slab or your foundation if built on a foundation. We've had a few issues with that in my area with Belding Ground Squirrels. In one instance, they undermined a slab and the house had to be raised on jacks and have cement pumped in to stabilize the house. Very, very, costly to the owner.

Something people don't realize is that when there is a group of squirrels around your house, they can undermine the slab of your house if built on a slab or your foundation if built on a foundation. We've had a few issues with that in my area with Belding Ground Squirrels. In one instance, they undermined a slab and the house had to be raised on jacks and have cement pumped in to stabilize the house. Very, very, costly to the owner.
I haven’t heard of that before Ed! Those Belding Ground Squirrels must be devilish little rascals! :eek:

Hi Leon, I use carnauba wax , a very hard wax. I touch the buffing wheel with it for a second and then buff the wood.
I buy mine at Lee Valley in Canada

However, they sell soft formulations for wood turnes of carnauba wax, bees wax and mineral oil that you can apply by hand with a rag. I made my own my melting a bit of these waxes and mixing with oil and it worked very well.

fqSJELB.jpg

zFtHKhE.jpg

♻️ pics
Thanks, very helpful. Made dad always said, if you want to learn or know about something, ask someone who knows what they're talking about. Have a good weekend.:)

Just another reason I always say, the only good squirrel is a fried squirrel.

Back