1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Now I'm trying not to burn my mouth! :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

2. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Bullseye! :D I think those pigeons had better look out my friend! :D :thumbsup:

Great photos and Lambsfoot content David! :) :thumbsup:

Okay guys! :eek: Now I’m hungry and it’s only been a couple of hours since I ate breakfast! ;) :thumbsup:

3. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Good morning Guardians! Me and Big Eb are heading to the kitchen! ;) I hope y’all have a great weekend! :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

4. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    [​IMG]
    I almost ordered two new sets of strings; I guess they were on sale last time.

5. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Hi Leon, I use carnauba wax , a very hard wax. I touch the buffing wheel with it for a second and then buff the wood.
    I buy mine at Lee Valley in Canada

However, they sell soft formulations for wood turnes of carnauba wax, bees wax and mineral oil that you can apply by hand with a rag. I made my own my melting a bit of these waxes and mixing with oil and it worked very well.

Good morning Guardians :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ♻️ pics

6. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thank you. I'll have to take a new updated photo of the whole flock soon.
    Well, in that case, my point (;)) is:
    Sometimes the tip of a wharncliffe is too delicate, and a sheepfoot is too beefy and awkward. Then the Lambsfoot is the blade that Goldilocks liked: "Just right." :cool::thumbsup:

I'm off to try some of this precious stuff on my eggs. I hope everyone has a fun, safe weekend.
    [​IMG]

7. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I think they must have heard me coming Ron :rolleyes: Got a lot round here recently, because of some local idiot feeding them on an almost industrial scale o_O When I was out in the back garden the other day, there must have been at least a dozen on my roof. Obviously, I don't want to wreck my own roof, so I only armed myself with some clay balls as ammunition, but when I went out today, there was only one up there, and he soon flew off. Think I might have to make a few trips :rolleyes: While I was out there, I took this pic for Jer @scrteened porch ! :D I certainly wouldn't trust one of the local Greys with a Lambsfoot though, they'd either chew the scales off or run off with it! :eek:

[​IMG]

Hope you two rustle up some good grub Ron! :D :) :thumbsup:

Nice choice Jer :) :thumbsup:

Looks like some wind has passed through there Dan, nice pics :) :thumbsup:

Definitely Rachel :) Enjoy your eggs :) :thumbsup:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  8. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    You're going to feed them, right?

Modoc ED and Jack Black like this.
  9. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Headed out to the hospital in an hour or so to visit with my nephew. I'll have this "Lil-un" with me today. Have a great day everyone.

[​IMG]

10. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Good morning, Guardians!
    [​IMG]

11. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    Lookin good Vince. It seems the Texas air is doing it good.

Prester John likes this.
  12. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    That sounds like they were tipped off Jack! ;) I definitely wouldn’t trust that big Grey with a Lambsfoot. With my luck that thing would run off and bury it for a later day. Every flower pot or plant bed we have has small oaks coming up from the squirrels burying acorns! :rolleyes: If they did decide to chew it would be a disaster! :eek: If they can chew up a hickory nut they would demolish some Stag, Horn or Ebony! :eek: ;) :D

Modoc ED and Jack Black like this.
  13. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Yeah, made them up something special Vince :rolleyes: :eek: :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Very handsome my friend :thumbsup:

Must of been Ron ;) Yeah, those rascals aren't getting near my Barlow! :eek: There're always burying nuts near me, but nothing ever seems to come up :rolleyes:

14. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    Something people don't realize is that when there is a group of squirrels around your house, they can undermine the slab of your house if built on a slab or your foundation if built on a foundation. We've had a few issues with that in my area with Belding Ground Squirrels. In one instance, they undermined a slab and the house had to be raised on jacks and have cement pumped in to stabilize the house. Very, very, costly to the owner.

mitch4ging and scrteened porch like this.
  15. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    I haven’t heard of that before Ed! Those Belding Ground Squirrels must be devilish little rascals! :eek:

Modoc ED likes this.
  16. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    That they are.

[​IMG]

mitch4ging, CelloDan and Half/Stop like this.
  17. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Hope everyone is having a good Friday :) I'm off out for a hike tomorrow, and there's actually a country pub and restaurant halfway (fancy that :rolleyes:). I've booked in for 3 courses, so I just hope I can waddle the rest of the way afterwards :D Have a great weekend Guardians :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

19. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Thanks, very helpful. Made dad always said, if you want to learn or know about something, ask someone who knows what they're talking about. Have a good weekend.:)

Modoc ED and CelloDan like this.
  20. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Just another reason I always say, the only good squirrel is a fried squirrel.

Jack Black, mitch4ging and Modoc ED like this.