Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

A rhetorical question but anyone got any idea of the price of tires these days?
They are not cheap, Can cost between about $300-$1000 to have them fitted, depending on the size of your car and tires you buy.:eek: More if you have a 4 wheel drive and want to go off-road.
I may make it a couple of weeks but it's rare. :D

I think you are better furnished with pie shops though pal
That is a dangerous combination.:p:oops:.
Hope everyone has a good and safe week, take care.:)

That is a dangerous combination.:p:oops:.
Hope everyone has a good and safe week, take care.:)

LOL :D You too mate :) :thumbsup:

Not often I get to have ice-cream twice in one day ;) :thumbsup:

LWAOmyi.jpg

Imaginative composition Kevin, and a handsome Wooden Wednesday choice :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack. The background is just the scrap bin at work.
Judging by the pics you posted today, it looks like you had a pleasant walk.
The pics of your lunch looked pretty good too.... but more than a Hartshead. :eek::D

Now hump day. That's when it's downhill to the weekend isn't it.

EXW12J9.jpg
Yes indeed David, Hump Day/ Wednesday is the half way point. If I make it through Wednesday I figure I can make it throught the rest of the week. It looks like you were well provisioned for your mid week turning point.

Howdy Dwight, good to see ya around these parts.
I'm diggin' your photo themes. :thumbsup:

Good Wed afternoon, ya skallywags.
I thought I’d dump some photos of my TEW Big LF since it’s in my pocket.
Being a man of modest means, and inherited Scottish thrift, I have had a little luck finding a few high quality, above my pay grade, pocket knives by looking for flaws that make a lot of folks pass them over. As long as the blade(s) are mostly still there, I’m not afraid of trying to fix them.
I found this on the auction site for, if I recall, about $15. It was a bargain because one of the gumfuddy scales was cracked through. Here are some shots of it when I got it-View attachment 1420091View attachment 1420092 View attachment 1420093View attachment 1420094 I had a knife sized piece of fiddleback black walnut from a well-known mill in Warsaw Missouri famous for gunstocks. This piece sat in a toolbox of mine for nearly 40 years until I remembered it.

No action shots of the surgery, but it came apart and went back together ok for a hack like me. Smoothed the spring and contact parts of the tang. Put in new pins, and prayed it fit correctly. Well, it still snaps with authority, and it’s nice and smooth both ways. The only regret I have is that I somehow ended up with a small gap between the walnut and bolsters. That’s harder than it looks, and is why the modders on here, who work on other people’s expensive knives get my highest respect.
After-View attachment 1420095View attachment 1420096 And here she is a couple of years later-View attachment 1420097I like this knife:D
Nice work dressing that one up, Jeff. :thumbsup:

I will leave y'all with a few pics from this week.
50357927421_51dac5287b_h.jpg

For the Lambsfoot and hole saw theme Jack Black Jack Black ;):D
50353707143_030e14ca1c_h.jpg

50350396768_05e3925adb_h.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hey Guardians, on our walk this afternoon we bumped into a bunch of British Soldiers preparing for battle at Chrysler's Farm.

My HHB was quick to make friends with some of the soldiers :) at the encampment.

82AiJ8f.jpg

T7xo1fs.jpg

50TnsGH.jpg

Memorial of the battle at Crysler's Farm, a decisive one in the War of 1812.

nk6gVu8.jpg

One of the plaques at the memorial.

Ud1Hxjh.jpg

A cannon pointing south :eek: across the St Lawrence river.

Cry30Sl.jpg

https://imgur.com/gallery/zUE3QqQ
hello folks, I just received this from A. Wright yesterday after about a month's wait...well worth it and I must say this thing has extreme attention to detail, firm walk, razor sharp and super tight both blades and just plain handsome...I ordered one with the spear pen but received this and was disappointed but I will keep it as the craftmanship is outstanding and maybe the large spear will compliment the lambsfoot well...cheers gang!

hello folks, I just received this from A. Wright yesterday after about a month's wait...well worth it and I must say this thing has extreme attention to detail, firm walk, razor sharp and super tight both blades and just plain handsome...I ordered one with the spear pen but received this and was disappointed but I will keep it as the craftmanship is outstanding and maybe the large spear will compliment the lambsfoot well...cheers gang!
I do like the wood on that one, it's a keeper. Glad you got a good quality one.:thumbsup:

I took the Big Camera out for an Edward Weston homage. As usual, my HHB was on hand.
9MWG3ob.jpg

Fine photo Dave :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. The background is just the scrap bin at work.
Judging by the pics you posted today, it looks like you had a pleasant walk.
The pics of your lunch looked pretty good too.... but more than a Hartshead. :eek::D

I figured so Kevin, great idea to use it as background :cool: You take great pics, and those are another three examples :thumbsup:

Yeah, I had a good day, but it tired me out! :D I had to climb over a couple of gates, and a high(ish) stone wall, and probably used a few muscles that haven't been exercised in a while :D And then there was lunch! :eek: :D We both had paella for main course, which I haven't had in a while, and always reminds me of happy days in Barcelona. A bit pricey for a pub-restaurant, but I've not spent much on eating-out this year ') It tasted better than a Hartshead Barlow anyway! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Hey Guardians, on our walk this afternoon we bumped into a bunch of British Soldiers preparing for battle at Chrysler's Farm.

My HHB was quick to make friends with some of the soldiers :) at the encampment.

82AiJ8f.jpg

T7xo1fs.jpg

50TnsGH.jpg

nk6gVu8.jpg

Ud1Hxjh.jpg

Cry30Sl.jpg

Cool pics Dan, looks like those Redcoats are just making some tea! :D :thumbsup:

I'm glad you got a good one Mike, but bizarre they made it up with the wrong blade configuration - only in Sheffield! :rolleyes: Welcome to the Guardians :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians and all. Hope the rest of the weekend goes well for everyone. Going to kick back today as yesterday was a busy one and like Jack Black Jack Black I used a few muscles that I haven't used in awhile whilst I was working in our yard:eek: and now I'm paying for it. HHB is in the pocket once again.
View attachment 1422439

Hope you get the chance to put your feet up and have a relaxing day Bill :) Great pic :thumbsup:

Cool pics Dan, looks like those Redcoats are just making some tea! :D :thumbsup:

Indeed Jack :)

But here is the funny thing.
There was a sign about the encampment that said at the end:
" Have a closer look to see what the soldiers are doing"

I glanced at them for a sec and thought
" I don't know, just chilling I guess"
But when you saw the pic you knew right away even before being asked the question :thumbsup::)

I hope it was Yorkshire tea :D
nntq0Fa.jpg

Indeed Jack :)

But here is the funny thing.
There was a sign about the encampment that said at the end:
" Have a closer look to see what the soldiers are doing"

I glanced at them for a sec and thought
" I don't know, just chilling I guess"
But when you saw the pic you knew right away even before being asked the question :thumbsup::)

I hope it was Yorkshire tea :D
nntq0Fa.jpg

That's funny Dan! :D I believe that during WW1, the British artillery guns would stop at 4.00pm, so they could have tea. I've also read numerous accounts from US troops in various theatres during WW2, who were surprised that even while being shelled, or otherwise engaged, the British 'Tommy' would take every opportunity to make a brew! :D Mind you, I'm reminded of the Ewan McGregor character in the film Black Hawk Down, who, amid Hellish conditions, is brewing a good cup of Joe :) :thumbsup:

Happy Saturday Guardians and all. The cold front moved in and temperatures are in the 70's:D
View attachment 1421775

You mean your having a British summer. :D

Yes it very well may have. I took this pics very close to the ocean in Prince Edward Island and we got to experience some very strong winds on a couple days while we were there.
I believe that it was hurricane Dorian last year that struck this region right after we had left and destroyed up to 80 % of the trees in that National Park :(

Thank you David :thumbsup::D
I know, my lamb lambs loves to "live on the edge" :cool:

Gracias Bill :)

Good day Guardians

RmvPiZ8.jpg

aRrVvur.jpg

♻️ pics

I could swear you've got a little person stood underneath all these bridges with a huge net. :D

Fantastic photo David :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a nice day. It's been a good one here in Yorkshire, nice and sunny, and with warmer temperatures than predicted. I had a decent walk, got some slingshot practice in, and had an enjoyable (if rather pricey) lunch :) I didn't take many pics this week, but here's a few :thumbsup:

u8LjCN9.jpg

gGbELLA.jpg

2BF9aQq.jpg

WBOvDqJ.jpg

Thanks Jack. Great pics yaself, especially the foody ones. :D:thumbsup:

Not often I get to have ice-cream twice in one day ;) :thumbsup:

LWAOmyi.jpg

That's a pretty potent ice cream for sure. :thumbsup:

Yes indeed David, Hump Day/ Wednesday is the half way point. If I make it through Wednesday I figure I can make it throught the rest of the week. It looks like you were well provisioned for your mid week turning point.

Thanks! I'm pleased I actually remembered something I've been told on here.:) But as I've not worked since March I can't really say which day would be my hump day. :rolleyes:
Great work place shots there. :thumbsup:

82AiJ8f.jpg

T7xo1fs.jpg

50TnsGH.jpg

nk6gVu8.jpg

Ud1Hxjh.jpg

Cry30Sl.jpg

Great pictures Dan, I was reading about the War of 1812 just a couple of weeks ago.
Do you know if there original cannon?

Looks good. I didn't know they did them with a spearpoint. :thumbsup:

That's funny Dan! :D I believe that during WW1, the British artillery guns would stop at 4.00pm, so they could have tea. I've also read numerous accounts from US troops in various theatres during WW2, who were surprised that even while being shelled, or otherwise engaged, the British 'Tommy' would take every opportunity to make a brew! :D Mind you, I'm reminded of the Ewan McGregor character in the film Black Hawk Down, who, amid Hellish conditions, is brewing a good cup of Joe :) :thumbsup:

I read of a similar story from our most recent ding dong in Afghanistan. Some combat with the Taliban with an IFOR? force, and in between the occasional RPG and sniper exchanges the U.S troops were amazed to find the Brits calmly brewing up.

I hope every is having (or has had) a nice Sunday.:thumbsup:
ndzPpQB.jpg

Good morning all. Headed up to the mail boxes later with the Rosewood "Big-un" with a compass to find my way and my SOS lighter in case I need to call for help.:eek: Actually, I won't be able to call anyone for help as there is no cell phone signal where I live.:rolleyes:

C05Syzg.jpg

Back