1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    They are not cheap, Can cost between about $300-$1000 to have them fitted, depending on the size of your car and tires you buy.:eek: More if you have a 4 wheel drive and want to go off-road.
    That is a dangerous combination.:p:oops:.
    Hope everyone has a good and safe week, take care.:)

2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    LOL :D You too mate :) :thumbsup:

Not often I get to have ice-cream twice in one day ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

3. Dschal

Dschal

Mar 18, 2016
    I took the Big Camera out for an Edward Weston homage. As usual, my HHB was on hand.
    [​IMG]

4. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Thanks Jack. The background is just the scrap bin at work.
    Judging by the pics you posted today, it looks like you had a pleasant walk.
    The pics of your lunch looked pretty good too.... but more than a Hartshead. :eek::D

Yes indeed David, Hump Day/ Wednesday is the half way point. If I make it through Wednesday I figure I can make it throught the rest of the week. It looks like you were well provisioned for your mid week turning point.

Howdy Dwight, good to see ya around these parts.
    I'm diggin' your photo themes. :thumbsup:

Nice work dressing that one up, Jeff. :thumbsup:

I will leave y'all with a few pics from this week.
    [​IMG]
    For the Lambsfoot and hole saw theme @Jack Black ;):D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Have a great weekend everyone.

5. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Not at all! I kill them and donate them to orphans.

mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  6. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Hey Guardians, on our walk this afternoon we bumped into a bunch of British Soldiers preparing for battle at Chrysler's Farm.

My HHB was quick to make friends with some of the soldiers :) at the encampment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Memorial of the battle at Crysler's Farm, a decisive one in the War of 1812.

[​IMG]

One of the plaques at the memorial.

[​IMG]

A cannon pointing south :eek: across the St Lawrence river.

[​IMG]

7. runninmike

runninmike

Oct 19, 2005
    https://imgur.com/gallery/zUE3QqQ
    hello folks, I just received this from A. Wright yesterday after about a month's wait...well worth it and I must say this thing has extreme attention to detail, firm walk, razor sharp and super tight both blades and just plain handsome...I ordered one with the spear pen but received this and was disappointed but I will keep it as the craftmanship is outstanding and maybe the large spear will compliment the lambsfoot well...cheers gang!

8. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    I do like the wood on that one, it's a keeper. Glad you got a good quality one.:thumbsup:

runninmike likes this.
  9. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Fine photo Dave :) :thumbsup:

I figured so Kevin, great idea to use it as background :cool: You take great pics, and those are another three examples :thumbsup:

Yeah, I had a good day, but it tired me out! :D I had to climb over a couple of gates, and a high(ish) stone wall, and probably used a few muscles that haven't been exercised in a while :D And then there was lunch! :eek: :D We both had paella for main course, which I haven't had in a while, and always reminds me of happy days in Barcelona. A bit pricey for a pub-restaurant, but I've not spent much on eating-out this year ') It tasted better than a Hartshead Barlow anyway! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Cool pics Dan, looks like those Redcoats are just making some tea! :D :thumbsup:

I'm glad you got a good one Mike, but bizarre they made it up with the wrong blade configuration - only in Sheffield! :rolleyes: Welcome to the Guardians :) :thumbsup:

10. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Good Morning Guardians, I hope everyone is having a great weekend :) Thought I'd go fancy today ;) Enjoy your Sunday Guardians :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  12. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Sunday Sausage Rolls ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

13. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Good morning Guardians and all. Hope the rest of the weekend goes well for everyone. Going to kick back today as yesterday was a busy one and like @Jack Black I used a few muscles that I haven't used in awhile whilst I was working in our yard:eek: and now I'm paying for it. HHB is in the pocket once again.
    IMG_1754.JPG

14. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Hope you get the chance to put your feet up and have a relaxing day Bill :) Great pic :thumbsup:

15. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Indeed Jack :)

But here is the funny thing.
    There was a sign about the encampment that said at the end:
    " Have a closer look to see what the soldiers are doing"

I glanced at them for a sec and thought
    " I don't know, just chilling I guess"
    But when you saw the pic you knew right away even before being asked the question :thumbsup::)

I hope it was Yorkshire tea :D
    [​IMG]

16. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    That's funny Dan! :D I believe that during WW1, the British artillery guns would stop at 4.00pm, so they could have tea. I've also read numerous accounts from US troops in various theatres during WW2, who were surprised that even while being shelled, or otherwise engaged, the British 'Tommy' would take every opportunity to make a brew! :D Mind you, I'm reminded of the Ewan McGregor character in the film Black Hawk Down, who, amid Hellish conditions, is brewing a good cup of Joe :) :thumbsup:

17. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
  18. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  19. donn

donn Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 14, 2002
    You mean your having a British summer. :D

I could swear you've got a little person stood underneath all these bridges with a huge net. :D

Thanks Jack. Great pics yaself, especially the foody ones. :D:thumbsup:

That's a pretty potent ice cream for sure. :thumbsup:

Thanks! I'm pleased I actually remembered something I've been told on here.:) But as I've not worked since March I can't really say which day would be my hump day. :rolleyes:
    Great work place shots there. :thumbsup:

Great pictures Dan, I was reading about the War of 1812 just a couple of weeks ago.
    Do you know if there original cannon?

Looks good. I didn't know they did them with a spearpoint. :thumbsup:

I read of a similar story from our most recent ding dong in Afghanistan. Some combat with the Taliban with an IFOR? force, and in between the occasional RPG and sniper exchanges the U.S troops were amazed to find the Brits calmly brewing up.

I hope every is having (or has had) a nice Sunday.:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

20. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Good morning all. Headed up to the mail boxes later with the Rosewood "Big-un" with a compass to find my way and my SOS lighter in case I need to call for help.:eek: Actually, I won't be able to call anyone for help as there is no cell phone signal where I live.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]