Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Well , in fairness they did gave us supper in the evening too :rolleyes:
I clearly remember staring at my bowl of stew and seeing little bugs floating around :eek: .... but I did not mind the extra protein :thumbsup: :D

Good Monday morning Guardians !

H71sx0y.jpg

RIx4oOy.jpg

♻️ pics

Sounds like you NEEDED the extra protein Dan! :eek: :D Those are fantastic photos my friend :) :thumbsup:

Well you got a couple of great drinking buddy's, Jack!;):thumbsup:

Beautiful area! Great shot of your HHB in the wilds, Jack!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lamb on wheels!:eek::D Cool shot, José!

Now that's a great looking dessert!!:cool:

Nice harvest! Pablo's? :cool::thumbsup:

Tools of the trade!:):thumbsup: The horn looks great, Kevin!:cool:

Neat. Reminds me of a battlefield deception setup!:cool::thumbsup:

What a handsome DamLamb Jack! Fine photos!:cool::thumbsup:

Cool photo! Is that a grinding wheel?:):thumbsup:

Quite a tranquil view, David!:):thumbsup:

Nice, Ed! Living in an area with little or no cellular connection is a blessing and a curse. At least you don't have the spam/Medicare plan calls constantly!:mad: Nice pocket full!:thumbsup:

A great looking pair, Andy!! Treasured WCLF's for sure!:cool::thumbsup:

Great shot, Dwight!:):thumbsup:

Lean and mean!:cool::thumbsup:
I gained 10 lbs during basic. I guess the Argentine Army never heard the phrase that an Army travels on it's stomach? Gotta have good grub, especially in the field!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
How long were you in for?

Happy :)confused:) Monday, Guardians!
Today's carry...
ABByQyE.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words Dennis, it's great to see you here buddy, and that fine Golden Oxhorn Lambsfoot :) Hope you're doing OK :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! We’ve had a great weekend. We had a nice visit on Sunday with @Old Engineer Harry and Nancy. We met up at their daughter and son-in-laws house in upper Eastern Tennessee. It was great to visit again. It’s been over a year ago at the 2019 Rendezvous since we got to spend time with Harry and Nancy and we’ve really missed them. I’ve had my Waynorth Cutlery Jigged Bone along for the weekend and it’s in the pocket again this morning. I hope y’all have a great week. Thoughts go out to those still in the paths of the fires and now Beta off the Texas coast. I hope Vince @Prester John and his family is safe. I believe he may live in the path of Beta!

50348830862_1db3eabc45_c_d.jpg

That sounds like a wonderful weekend Ron :) Nice travelling companion too ;) :thumbsup:

Jack, your HHB looking good. Looks like fall weather.:)

Thanks a lot Bill, it's a nice sunny day today, but the weather forecasters reckon things are going to change midweek. I just hope it doesn't change as dramatically as last year, when it didn't stop raining until March! :eek: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians and all. Yet another bright and sunny day. The cold front from up north has kept us a little on the cool side but it has be great to open the windows and let in some fresh air.:D
View attachment 1423207

Cool pic of your Barlow too Bill :) :thumbsup:

Nice find Jer, is it functional? Certainly an interesting old piece :cool: :thumbsup:

I'm off out for a hike tomorrow, and there's actually a country pub and restaurant halfway (fancy that :rolleyes:).

I had a decent walk, got some slingshot practice in, and had an enjoyable (if rather pricey) lunch :)

2BF9aQq.jpg

WBOvDqJ.jpg

Must’ve been one of them posh pubs. ;) :D

Another great vehicular themed photo, Dwight. Have you ever driven up through Fayetteville and seen the place off the side of the highway that sells Unimogs and Pinzgauers? (At least, you used to be able to see it from the highway. I know they’ve made some changes to that section of 540/49.)

Good morning. The wife and I are going to clean out and straighten up one of our storage sheds today. I'll put this two-blade Standard Lambfoot to use cutting boxes and tape. Actually this will be an exercise in futility:rolleyes: because as soon as we're done and shut the door, the next time we open it everything will look like a bomb has gone off in it.:eek: Somehow sheds have a magical way of putting themselves in a state of dissaray.;)

q7FBSOn.jpg

Nice find Jer, is it functional? Certainly an interesting old piece :cool:
Thanks. It does work; you give it a push and keep it going with the pedals connected to arms from the hub. There's a tin can to drizzle water on the wheel, to which I added some string to slow the trickle down, and I added the guttering to lead the runoff into a bucket.
Dwlqzwe.jpg

I don't know why I find that so cool! Is that something new to you? I love it.
It's my brother's. It was in the basement of our parental abode for a long time, but it's been at his house longer. He needed to get it out of his garage to make room for a milling machine or something that's on the way.
I have another one the same size in the garage, that has a trough under the wheel to hold the water.
I saw one in an antique mall Saturday, with a wheel a few inches smaller, in a sturdy wooden bench with a motor belted to it, and half of a small tire for a water trough. $40, but I definitely don't have room for a third.

Thanks. It does work; you give it a push and keep it going with the pedals connected to arms from the hub. There's a tin can to drizzle water on the wheel, to which I added some string to slow the trickle down, and I added the guttering to lead the runoff into a bucket.
Dwlqzwe.jpg

It's my brother's. It was in the basement of our parental abode for a long time, but it's been at his house longer. He needed to get it out of his garage to make room for a milling machine or something that's on the way.
I have another one the same size in the garage, that has a trough under the wheel to hold the water.
I saw one in an antique mall Saturday, with a wheel a few inches smaller, in a sturdy wooden bench with a motor belted to it, and half of a small tire for a water trough. $40, but I definitely don't have room for a third.

Very cool Jer :cool: Thanks for the info :) There was a feller (the last of the Furness cutlers if I remember correctly) still making Barlows with one of those (at Stannington, Sheffield), halfway through the 20th century :) :thumbsup:

Very cool Jer :cool: Thanks for the info :) There was a feller (the last of the Furness cutlers if I remember correctly) still making Barlows with one of those (at Stannington, Sheffield), halfway through the 20th century :) :thumbsup:
Wow!! Those pedal wheels can be tough to use! Keeping the wheel true and wobble-free can be delicate!! I have seen a few many years ago
((1950s - 1960s!)
I'd like to see an old Barlow known to be honed on a pedal wheel!!:rolleyes:

When I was a paratrooper in the Argentine Army they made us live on "mate cocido" , boiled yerba mate basically. The traditional way of drinking it with the gourd and bombilla ( straw ) was only for the officers, obviously too impractical to give to hundreds of soldiers.
In the early am we would march by a huge pot of it and fill our mugs without stopping, then pick a piece of baguette and that was breakfast, eaten standing in the frosty morning right before sunrise. Lunch around noon and then mid afternoon during basic training a truck would drive up to us with more mate cocido, bread and a slice of cheese and dulce de membrillo ( quince paste ? ).
You've certainly had an interesting life my friend. :cool:

Ace photo Dwight :cool: :)
Thanks Jack. :)

Great shot, Dwight!
Thanks Dennis. I hope you are getting along okay.

Good morning Guardians! We’ve had a great weekend. We had a nice visit on Sunday with @Old Engineer Harry and Nancy.
Glad you got to see them Ron. I am sure they are a very special couple.

Another great vehicular themed photo, Dwight. Have you ever driven up through Fayetteville and seen the place off the side of the highway that sells Unimogs and Pinzgauers? (At least, you used to be able to see it from the highway. I know they’ve made some changes to that section of 540/49.)
Thanks Barrett. They are still there and go by the name - Swiss Army Vehicles -. :cool: First time I ever saw a Unimog was in Bolivia. I was instantly smitten!

Thanks. It does work;
I'm like Mark, Jer... Very cool wheel.

Back