Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Ji4cWQH.jpg

Thank you Jack! I meet my brother yesterday morning at Cracker Barrel for breakfast. The restaurant is set up for social distancing and we wore our masks until we were served. There were about 60% / 40% people doing the same thing. Some people just don't seem to understand. :rolleyes: It's really sad they put their friends and neighbors in jeopardy. :( The 2019's are beautiful knives Jack! :thumbsup: I'm especially happy with my two examples!:cool: Stay safe my friend! :)

It is much the same here I'm afraid :( I hope the food was good at least Ron :) I'm glad that you like your knives, there was certainly quite a variety of Ironwood :) :thumbsup:

xL1Nk4H.jpg

Looks like you're well-prepared there Jer :thumbsup:

It is much the same here I'm afraid :( I hope the food was good at least Ron :) I'm glad that you like your knives, there was certainly quite a variety of Ironwood :) :thumbsup:

xL1Nk4H.jpg
The food was good Jack! It typically is always the same at Cracker Barrel. They are a fairly large chain here and the menus are pretty much the same everywhere. I've eat in one as far north as Michigan and as far south as Alabama. That was an exceptionally nice bunch of Ironwood. I do favor the polished finish that Wright's applied over the satin finish of the recent #74 run from GEC. Both show the beauty of the natural wood, but the polished finish just adds a touch of class. IMHO of course! ;) :thumbsup:

The food was good Jack! It typically is always the same at Cracker Barrel. They are a fairly large chain here and the menus are pretty much the same everywhere. I've eat in one as far north as Michigan and as far south as Alabama. That was an exceptionally nice bunch of Ironwood. I do favor the polished finish that Wright's applied over the satin finish of the recent #74 run from GEC. Both show the beauty of the natural wood, but the polished finish just adds a touch of class. IMHO of course! ;) :thumbsup:

We don't have Cracker Barrel here (yet), but I've obviously heard them referred to many times Ron. I am missing out out for breakfast, and eating out in general, which I used to do a lot prior to March :( Yes, Wright's actually surprised me with the quality of that Ironwood. It was expensive, but much better than I'd seen before at the time. I also prefer the polished finish ;) Here's my original sample (before its encounter with the Butter-Fingered Oaf!) :thumbsup:

vfPk18S.jpg

We don't have Cracker Barrel here (yet), but I've obviously heard them referred to many times Ron. I am missing out out for breakfast, and eating out in general, which I used to do a lot prior to March :( Yes, Wright's actually surprised me with the quality of that Ironwood. It was expensive, but much better than I'd seen before at the time. I also prefer the polished finish ;) Here's my original sample (before its encounter with the Butter-Fingered Oaf!) :thumbsup:

vfPk18S.jpg
Beautiful figured Ironwood lambfoot knife Jack. As for Cracker Barrel... I guess they are OK but tennises to stick with small local joints for my best breakfasts.:D

Good afternoon Guardians and all. We are starting to see the rain rain come in from Hurricane e Eta but it's no longer a hurricane so I guess I should say "Tropical Storm Eta" :D. Carrying this one today. Very nice F&F on this Wright knife. I've touched up the edge so it is VERY functional too.:thumbsup:
IMG_2728.JPG

vfPk18S.jpg
They were worth the extra expenses Jack! Especially in light of the way things have turned out now. It’s great to see that one again Jack! I remember the oaf story too! :eek: It’s a beautiful knife! :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful figured Ironwood lambfoot knife Jack. As for Cracker Barrel... I guess they are OK but tennises to stick with small local joints for my best breakfasts.:D
The food in the local joints is great here too Bill! The bad thing is they are still going full capacity versus social distanced table arrangements. Pam and I went in one several months back and it was elbow to elbow. I’m just not willing to take those chances at this time, even for better food. :)

Good afternoon Guardians and all. We are starting to see the rain rain come in from Hurricane e Eta but it's no longer a hurricane so I guess I should say "Tropical Storm Eta" :D. Carrying this one today. Very nice F&F on this Wright knife. I've touched up the edge so it is VERY functional too.:thumbsup:
View attachment 1453162
Nice Ironwood there Bill! Stay dry my friend! :) :thumbsup:

I just finished my kitchen remodel, only to have to tear into one of my bathrooms - yet another water leak. I swear the previous owners of this home were imbeciles or perhaps, they hired imbeciles... I've got the floors opened up to dry out and then the reconstruction begins. I think I'll treat myself to another dram of Lagavulin and a good pipe in between the rain showers.

Accompanied by a beauty in black - 2018 was a good year.

dKSVkaK.jpg

Reminds me of when I went to university years ago. They'd built some new student houses but when they'd erected the plaster board they'd hammered the tacks through all the water pipes.
Great photo as always. :thumbsup:

Nice work on that slingshot my friend! :cool: Having seen how long the job takes with a hacksaw (which really surprised me), unless I get really bored, I'm going to wait until I can borrow my mate's angle-grinder I think! :D

I guess climbers would be really happy to find out it takes more than a poxy hacksaw to get through one of them. :D

I was told by 2 English brothers i know, always cold. Sacrilege to eat them hot or warm

Yip, I believe wars have been started over that question. :D But as Jack said a pork pie is meant to be eaten cold, though a slightly warm one is acceptable on a cold winters day.
Here's one of those homemade ones I mentioned.
nXRASF7.jpg

Action shot. The HHB is just not enough knife for a pie that big. I'd normally use my rosewood big 'un on pie duty.
jLWhOb1.jpg

And a walk yesterday.
WDYTMlk.jpg

Great to see you back in the saddle Dennis! :D Hope you're doing OK pard'ner. That's a mammoth post! :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack! Posting when I can, really trying to do it more often!:):thumbsup:
Sounds like you've been busy Dennis! Those are stunning photos my friend, really great to see you here :) :thumbsup:
It was a good trip, just had to cut it short because of the ice storm moving in. :mad:
Good pictures, I hope everything went well, Dennis.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you very José!:cool::thumbsup:
Great pics Dennis !
I wanted to know your dog's name so I zoomed in his pic like up to 250 % but still no luck .... then I read one line above and it says " Henry" right there :D. ( I have to work on my reading comprehension skill lol )
I am sure Henry is a great companion :)
Lol! There was too much glare on the tag. He's a treat, everything always seems new to him. We adopted him when he was 5 days old, the mother came down with parvo, and we only took him in to help the owners out with the bottle feeding. He was the only survivor out of the 5 in the litter. Been here ever since.
It’s great to see you back Dennis! :thumbsup: Thank you for the compliments and thanks for all those great camping photos! :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Ron! Really trying to make it more frequently!:):thumbsup:
You're a good man, that is the the sort of thing that makes neighborhoods and streets, communities, like it was when i was growing up, with everyone looking out for one another. And Henry looks cool.:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::) Have a good week my friend.;)
Thank you very much, Cudgee!!:)
So many people here in the city don't have chainsaws, and we live in an older (residence) neighborhood, so to me it's doing what you would hope people would do for your parents or grandparents. There were several people lending a hand, since my stamina isn't what it used to be.
I was raised in the country, and like you, neighbors always helped out each other.

Yeah, Henry is cool.....till he takes off with your gloves!:mad::D:thumbsup:
Great to see that you got some camping in , Dennis! :cool::thumbsup::cool: That's a nice set-up you have with your trailer, and your son's little "custom build" is intriguing! Thanks for sharing all the pics.:)
Thanks, Gary! I guess we both have been missing too much!
Enjoyed your great posts, as always!;):thumbsup:
Great shots Dennis; looks like a great time away.
And I'm not a dog person but Henry could make me one. :D
Thank you very much, David! Hope we get out more next year.:cool::thumbsup:

Have a good one Guardians, stay safe out there :thumbsup:

jutx5li.jpg
You as well, Jack! Great shot of your HHB!;):thumbsup:
I thought I'd bring it here today for discussion :thumbsup:
Interesting Schrade, Jack. Guess I've never seen them around.:thumbsup:
Cool photo, José!:thumbsup:
Good afternoon Guardians! :thumbsup: I hope everyone is doing well. I've been carrying Big Eb today. The Covid is really on an increase where we live. :( Y'all stay safe out there where ever your at! :)

50344894686_439dde3eaf_o.jpg
Big Eb is looking good, Ron!:cool:
Yeah, this COVID-19 thing has got to go away!!:mad:
Accompanied by a beauty in black - 2018 was a good year.

dKSVkaK.jpg
Nice and Nice, Dylan!:cool::thumbsup:

How'd it turn out? I made a similar one a while back, but didn't have access to a grinder. Took some patience with a hacksaw.

KfHpUiF.jpg
Very cool idea, Mike!:cool::thumbsup: Despite all the limbs we cut and moved, I didn't see one that I wanted to make a slingshot out of, (or just didn't care as oxygen was becoming short in supply o_O:D)
May have to give that a try!:cool::thumbsup:
Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!

6UP89Ct.jpg
Cool shot, and cool beads!:thumbsup:

Similar story here, as my lovely wife (elementary school teacher) woke up not feeling well the yesterday and went to get tested. Hopefully just a cold or reaction to the flu shot she had on the weekend, but better safe than sorry. We're locked down until we get the results
Gotta love technology. Text message at 2am letting us know the test came back negative. Probably just your regular everyday run of the mill cold ;)

Ebony Big 'Un today (thanks Jack).

8WhNi1R.jpg
Glad it wasn't "the virus", and hope she can shake it off quickly!
Mmmm, more Ebony!! ;):thumbsup:
Have a good day Guardians, stay safe out there :) :thumbsup:

IYVuPoj.jpg
Wonderful Waynorth, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! I've got a 2019 Guardians Ironwood in my pocket today! It's raining here and the Covid-19 is still on the rise so I'm staying inside. I hope y'all have a safe day! :) :thumbsup:

50589863026_7fea0fedb7_o.jpg
Great looking shot, Ron!
Great idea to stay safe!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Nice shot. :cool::thumbsup: Hope you didn't need those bandaids, Jer!:eek:

The food was good Jack! It typically is always the same at Cracker Barrel. They are a fairly large chain here and the menus are pretty much the same everywhere. I've eat in one as far north as Michigan and as far south as Alabama.
We had been going to a Cracker Barrel periodically, but then they built a Black Bear Diner closer to us, and it's been pretty good! Not sure if they've moved out towards your direction yet... Breakfast, it's not just for Breakfast anymore!:D
Here's my original sample (before its encounter with the Butter-Fingered Oaf!) :thumbsup:

vfPk18S.jpg
What a stunner! Agh, the Legend of the BFO!:D
The last day of gardening, as the cold front approaches.
6B7XUqa.jpg
Perfect tools for the job!:cool::thumbsup:
We just finished cleaning up our garden, pulled up everything, but got lots of peppers and tomatoes out of it this year.:thumbsup:
My Standard with custom Snakewood covers by Jason @Signalprick.

3zzGtot.jpg
Definitely a looker, Ed!:):thumbsup:
Love the covers on that one, José!:cool:
Here's one of those homemade ones I mentioned.
nXRASF7.jpg
Never tried such a treat, but you guys like 'em, so that's a good recommendation! Great cutting tool to have available as well!:D:thumbsup:
And a walk yesterday.
WDYTMlk.jpg
Looks like a great day andva peaceful scene!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Wow! That is incredible wood.

img_5449-jpeg.1453191
Man, your photos are just awsome, Dwight! So very vivid!:eek::thumbsup:
And to celebrate, baked her some snickerdoodle cookies :D

Ja91T2C.jpg
Man, that's a win-win for sure! The heck with chicken soup, go with the Snickerdoodles!!:D

Last edited:
Here's some of the cleanup we worked on, the large oak:

0yaZ5oz.jpg

A night shot during the freezing rain.
LvGPpGj.jpg

At an older couple's house.
5mzsf1s.jpg

Our Chinese Orange Tree in our front yard. Not big, but a miserable tree to work on because it's very compact limbs and nightmarish thorns!
4kXch07.jpg

h3pnHGm.jpg

Chainsaw and Big'un horn for the job!
aOnZbSE.jpg

Time for a warm up!
UomJcIP.jpg

Have a great Thursday Guardians!

Back