1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Yes indeed Jer! Strangers too! :thumbsup:

Jack Black and scrteened porch like this.
  2. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    [​IMG]

Pàdruig, tmd_87, mitch4ging and 11 others like this.
  3. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Gotta love technology. Text message at 2am letting us know the test came back negative. Probably just your regular everyday run of the mill cold ;)

Ebony Big 'Un today (thanks Jack).

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, Haegar, Pàdruig and 14 others like this.
  4. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Congratulations on that good news Mike! :thumbsup: It's hard to beat that Ebony Big 'Un! ;) :thumbsup:

5. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    It is much the same here I'm afraid :( I hope the food was good at least Ron :) I'm glad that you like your knives, there was certainly quite a variety of Ironwood :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Looks like you're well-prepared there Jer :thumbsup:

Haegar, Pàdruig, tmd_87 and 6 others like this.
  6. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Glad to hear the good news Mike :thumbsup: It's probably going to be like this all winter unfortunately o_O

mitch4ging and Crazy Canuck like this.
  7. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    The food was good Jack! It typically is always the same at Cracker Barrel. They are a fairly large chain here and the menus are pretty much the same everywhere. I've eat in one as far north as Michigan and as far south as Alabama. That was an exceptionally nice bunch of Ironwood. I do favor the polished finish that Wright's applied over the satin finish of the recent #74 run from GEC. Both show the beauty of the natural wood, but the polished finish just adds a touch of class. IMHO of course! ;) :thumbsup:

mitch4ging likes this.
  8. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    We don't have Cracker Barrel here (yet), but I've obviously heard them referred to many times Ron. I am missing out out for breakfast, and eating out in general, which I used to do a lot prior to March :( Yes, Wright's actually surprised me with the quality of that Ironwood. It was expensive, but much better than I'd seen before at the time. I also prefer the polished finish ;) Here's my original sample (before its encounter with the Butter-Fingered Oaf!) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, Pàdruig, btb01 and 13 others like this.
  9. Dschal

Dschal

Mar 18, 2016
    The last day of gardening, as the cold front approaches.
    [​IMG]

Pàdruig, Pt-Luso, tmd_87 and 14 others like this.
  10. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Beautiful figured Ironwood lambfoot knife Jack. As for Cracker Barrel... I guess they are OK but tennises to stick with small local joints for my best breakfasts.:D

mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  11. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Good afternoon Guardians and all. We are starting to see the rain rain come in from Hurricane e Eta but it's no longer a hurricane so I guess I should say "Tropical Storm Eta" :D. Carrying this one today. Very nice F&F on this Wright knife. I've touched up the edge so it is VERY functional too.:thumbsup:
    IMG_2728.JPG

Pàdruig, Ramrodmb, Pt-Luso and 11 others like this.
  12. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    They were worth the extra expenses Jack! Especially in light of the way things have turned out now. It’s great to see that one again Jack! I remember the oaf story too! :eek: It’s a beautiful knife! :) :thumbsup:

The food in the local joints is great here too Bill! The bad thing is they are still going full capacity versus social distanced table arrangements. Pam and I went in one several months back and it was elbow to elbow. I’m just not willing to take those chances at this time, even for better food. :)

Nice Ironwood there Bill! Stay dry my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Ramrodmb, mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  13. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    My Standard with custom Snakewood covers by Jason @Signalprick.

[​IMG]

Ramrodmb, Onebigbill, Pt-Luso and 9 others like this.
  14. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

Ramrodmb, Onebigbill, tmd_87 and 10 others like this.
  15. donn

donn Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Reminds me of when I went to university years ago. They'd built some new student houses but when they'd erected the plaster board they'd hammered the tacks through all the water pipes.
    Great photo as always. :thumbsup:

I guess climbers would be really happy to find out it takes more than a poxy hacksaw to get through one of them. :D

Yip, I believe wars have been started over that question. :D But as Jack said a pork pie is meant to be eaten cold, though a slightly warm one is acceptable on a cold winters day.
    Here's one of those homemade ones I mentioned.
    [​IMG]

Action shot. The HHB is just not enough knife for a pie that big. I'd normally use my rosewood big 'un on pie duty.
    [​IMG]

And a walk yesterday.
    [​IMG]

16. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you Jack. :)

Wow! That is incredible wood.

IMG_5449.jpeg

peanutsxx, Pàdruig, donn and 12 others like this.
  17. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Haegar, Pàdruig, Fodderwing and 11 others like this.
  18. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    WHT, r8shell, Ramrodmb and 5 others like this.
  19. mitch4ging

mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    Thanks, Jack! Posting when I can, really trying to do it more often!:):thumbsup:
    It was a good trip, just had to cut it short because of the ice storm moving in. :mad:
    Thank you very José!:cool::thumbsup:
    Lol! There was too much glare on the tag. He's a treat, everything always seems new to him. We adopted him when he was 5 days old, the mother came down with parvo, and we only took him in to help the owners out with the bottle feeding. He was the only survivor out of the 5 in the litter. Been here ever since.
    Thank you, Ron! Really trying to make it more frequently!:):thumbsup:
    Thank you very much, Cudgee!!:)
    So many people here in the city don't have chainsaws, and we live in an older (residence) neighborhood, so to me it's doing what you would hope people would do for your parents or grandparents. There were several people lending a hand, since my stamina isn't what it used to be.
    I was raised in the country, and like you, neighbors always helped out each other.

Yeah, Henry is cool.....till he takes off with your gloves!:mad::D:thumbsup:
    Thanks, Gary! I guess we both have been missing too much!
    Enjoyed your great posts, as always!;):thumbsup:
    Thank you very much, David! Hope we get out more next year.:cool::thumbsup:

You as well, Jack! Great shot of your HHB!;):thumbsup:
    Interesting Schrade, Jack. Guess I've never seen them around.:thumbsup:
    Cool photo, José!:thumbsup:
    Big Eb is looking good, Ron!:cool:
    Yeah, this COVID-19 thing has got to go away!!:mad:
    Nice and Nice, Dylan!:cool::thumbsup:

Very cool idea, Mike!:cool::thumbsup: Despite all the limbs we cut and moved, I didn't see one that I wanted to make a slingshot out of, (or just didn't care as oxygen was becoming short in supply o_O:D)
    May have to give that a try!:cool::thumbsup:
    Cool shot, and cool beads!:thumbsup:

Glad it wasn't "the virus", and hope she can shake it off quickly!
    Mmmm, more Ebony!! ;):thumbsup:
    Wonderful Waynorth, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:

Great looking shot, Ron!
    Great idea to stay safe!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Nice shot. :cool::thumbsup: Hope you didn't need those bandaids, Jer!:eek:

We had been going to a Cracker Barrel periodically, but then they built a Black Bear Diner closer to us, and it's been pretty good! Not sure if they've moved out towards your direction yet... Breakfast, it's not just for Breakfast anymore!:D
    What a stunner! Agh, the Legend of the BFO!:D
    Perfect tools for the job!:cool::thumbsup:
    We just finished cleaning up our garden, pulled up everything, but got lots of peppers and tomatoes out of it this year.:thumbsup:
    Definitely a looker, Ed!:):thumbsup:
    Love the covers on that one, José!:cool:
    Never tried such a treat, but you guys like 'em, so that's a good recommendation! Great cutting tool to have available as well!:D:thumbsup:
    Looks like a great day andva peaceful scene!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Man, your photos are just awsome, Dwight! So very vivid!:eek::thumbsup:
    Man, that's a win-win for sure! The heck with chicken soup, go with the Snickerdoodles!!:D

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  20. mitch4ging

mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    Here's some of the cleanup we worked on, the large oak:

[​IMG]
    A night shot during the freezing rain.
    [​IMG]
    At an older couple's house.
    [​IMG]
    Our Chinese Orange Tree in our front yard. Not big, but a miserable tree to work on because it's very compact limbs and nightmarish thorns!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chainsaw and Big'un horn for the job!
    [​IMG]
    Time for a warm up!
    [​IMG]

Have a great Thursday Guardians!