Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Despite my absence from various forums and photography, I’ve maintained my interest in seeking out Lamb Foot knives, with the J. Rodgers being a prime example. I also bought some Sheffield knives books to further my education.:) Your LF knives and food images are appealing as ever. Hang in there.

@CelloDan Hello Dan. Thank you for the kind words. Your outdoor images are as brilliant as ever. The treats will be back soon.

Good Morning Guardians.

Unity (What the World needs now).

That's great to hear Harvey, what books did you pick up? Thank you very much buddy, and I'm glad you were able to find a Unity Lambsfoot :) Great pics :cool: :thumbsup:

UiicBv7.jpg

We need @Cambertree to come and show his now! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Wonderful to see some fine older examples from Half/stop, rockman0, Pt-Luso, Cigarrodog, and Jack.
CelloDan, those wildlife pictures including knives are amazing. And fantastic pictures and stories by all others as well!!!

Here is another semi-old and unusual small sized lambfoot model with a handle length of only 2-1/4 inches.
It is shown next to an A. Wright ebony model for comparison.
The blade tang stamp reads "Wright Bros. Sheffield England" (no relation to "A. Wright).
Tweedale's book lists that company from circa 1955 to 1974.
While the handle shape is a classic sheepfoot style, the blade is a bit of a cross between a lambsfoot and a sheepfoot pattern.
With a caliper used, it does have a slight taper from tang to tip on such a short blade, so I'm calling it a lambsfoot blade.
View attachment 1458308

but who knows if we'll ever get back to norma
We will mate, trust me. I had many family members who were alive for the Spanish Flu Epidemic. It killed my mothers father when she was a young girl and everyone thought that things would never recover, but they did, and it was a lot worse than this. Trust me my friend, there is a lot of media hype, misinformation and general negativity being bandied around by people who don't know or are payed to hype things up with sensationalized headlines. Humans are a very resilient lot, and we will recover and this will be documented in the annals of history like the Spanish Flu Epidemic. And if i can give an example, look back at the death and destruction world war 2 caused through Europe, but in your case London, and it picked itself up and rebuilt. I cannot say when, but this will run it's natural course and we will recover. So to all members who reside in Europe, Britain and the US, hang in there and just do what you can to protect yourselves and your families and loved ones.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Harvey, I'm so glad to see you here! I'm truly sorry to hear about your wife, but it's great that she is doing better. :thumbsup: Prayers sent your way my friend! That's a beautiful ole J. Rodgers & Son. This pandemic is certainly some scary times! :( Y'all stay safe my friend! :) :thumbsup:
Thank you kindly, Ron. Your Horn hafted Lamb Foot is a stunner.

Great choice Jack! :) :thumbsup:

Good afternoon Guardians! :thumbsup: I'm giving this beautiful 2017 Guardians Special some pocket time today. :) Y'all stay safe out there my friends! :) :thumbsup:

50378409001_d46b440638_c.jpg

Thanks Ron, and it's great to see one of the very first Guardians Lambsfoot knives :) I was thinking, just the other day, that we don't see horn here the way we used to. Everyone seemed to go mad for that horn at the time, but where are all those knives now I wonder? I don't have a photo of them all, I don't think, unfortunately, but I remember how all that horn stank my house out! :D :thumbsup:

XuFATJk.jpg

TnyWRzw.jpg

Wonderful to see some fine older examples from Half/stop, rockman0, Pt-Luso, Cigarrodog, and Jack.
CelloDan, those wildlife pictures including knives are amazing. And fantastic pictures and stories by all others as well!!!

Here is another semi-old and unusual small sized lambfoot model with a handle length of only 2-1/4 inches.
It is shown next to an A. Wright ebony model for comparison.
The blade tang stamp reads "Wright Bros. Sheffield England" (no relation to "A. Wright).
Tweedale's book lists that company from circa 1955 to 1974.
While the handle shape is a classic sheepfoot style, the blade is a bit of a cross between a lambsfoot and a sheepfoot pattern.
With a caliper used, it does have a slight taper from tang to tip on such a short blade, so I'm calling it a lambsfoot blade.
View attachment 1458308

Good to see you here my friend :) I only have one knife from that firm, but I guess compared to most Sheffield cutlers, 19 years isn't long to be in business. Is that another of the ebony 2018's, been seeing a lot of ebony this week? ;) :) :thumbsup:

We will mate, trust me. I had many family members who were alive for the Spanish Flu Epidemic. It killed my mothers father when she was a young girl and everyone thought that things would never recover, but they did, and it was a lot worse than this. Trust me my friend, there is a lot of media hype, misinformation and general negativity being bandied around by people who don't know or are payed to hype things up with sensationalized headlines. Humans are a very resilient lot, and we will recover and this will be documented in the annals of history like the Spanish Flu Epidemic. And if i can give an example, look back at the death and destruction world war 2 caused through Europe, but in your case London, and it picked itself up and rebuilt. I cannot say when, but this will run it's natural course and we will recover. So to all members who reside in Europe, Britain and the US, hang in there and just do what you can to protect yourselves and your families and loved ones.:thumbsup:

It's not humanity I worry about surviving Leon, as you say, we're a resilient species, and I grew up playing on the Sheffield bomb-sites the Luftwaffe had left behind. It's things like street-corner pubs, traditional cafes, flea-markets, fish and chip shops, paying for things in cash, and traditional town centres I worry about, all things that were in decline, and under threat, already, but the demise of which the current crisis has certainly accelerated :thumbsup:

Been gone from the Guardian Thread for a bit. It's almost Friday and I wanted to class up my pockets a lil! Cheers!
81xgfLA.jpg

Good to see you back Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black

Your Unity Lamb Foot is sweet.

Thanks Harvey, a quintessential quartet there :) Plenty of great reading in all of them, while the photos of the Exhibition Knives are just breath-taking :cool: :thumbsup:

It's things like street-corner pubs, traditional cafes, flea-markets, fish and chip shops, paying for things in cash, and traditional town centres I worry about, all things that were in decline, and under threat, already, but the demise of which the current crisis has certainly accelerated :thumbsup:
Mate, i understand and agree completely with your sentiments. But as every generation changes, and generations die, what we knew and liked will also just become history and folklore. There are kids growing up now, who will talk about these times with the fondness that we talk about when we were young. What has changed, is change itself, with technology everything changes so quickly now, but if there was no change, they would still have cowboys in Wyoming walking the streets with guns hanging from there belts.:rolleyes: Now this is getting far too serious and philosophical, so after your previous post, here is some horn, it's a rehashed photo, but appropriate, just had crumpets and oats for breakfast.

75rOEnl.jpg

Thanks Ron, and it's great to see one of the very first Guardians Lambsfoot knives :) I was thinking, just the other day, that we don't see horn here the way we used to. Everyone seemed to go mad for that horn at the time, but where are all those knives now I wonder? I don't have a photo of them all, I don't think, unfortunately, but I remember how all that horn stank my house out! :D :thumbsup:

XuFATJk.jpg

TnyWRzw.jpg
I think the beautiful Ironwood and Stag on the latter editions, including the DamLambs and AC’s, may have contributed to fewer people carrying the 17’s. That being said, the 2017’s were a diversely figured group of knives Jack! Many fabulous specimens my friend! I don’t remember how many were in that first Guardians edition Jack. I do remember the count on the Midnight Specials at five. ;) Here’s a reference photo of my two beauties when new! :) :thumbsup:

23839489478_948571d40e_b_d.jpg

37643655896_751b07fdb1_b_d.jpg

Good Evening Guardians. Hello Jack.It’s been awhile. My wife developed conjestive heart failure, and we have been working on her recovery, which is progressing nicely. Along with the pandemic and elections, we’ve become rather reclusive. Even grew a civil war era, beard.:) Hope everyone is doing OK.

J. Rodgers&Sons

Good Evening Guardians. Hello Jack.It’s been awhile. My wife developed conjestive heart failure, and we have been working on her recovery, which is progressing nicely. Along with the pandemic and elections, we’ve become rather reclusive. Even grew a civil war era, beard.:) Hope everyone is doing OK.

J. Rodgers&Sons

Good to see you, Harvey. Will be praying for your wife's recovery.

Beans and sausage breakfast looks very substantial. Nice photo of the WCLF:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dan, all I can say is wow!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: What great photos with your lamb foot knives and all the nature whilst holding all that stuff in one hand and a camera in the other!:D I'm not a big fan of any snake but I appreciate your abiding respect for all creatures.

I think the beautiful Ironwood and Stag on the latter editions, including the DamLambs and AC’s, may have contributed to fewer people carrying the 17’s. That being said, the 2017’s were a diversely figured group of knives Jack! Many fabulous specimens my friend! I don’t remember how many were in that first Guardians edition Jack. I do remember the count on the Midnight Specials at five. ;) Here’s a reference photo of my two beauties when new! :) :thumbsup:

23839489478_948571d40e_b_d.jpg

37643655896_751b07fdb1_b_d.jpg

I just went and checked my records Ron, and there were 30 2017 Guardian Lambsfoot knives, including the 5 Midnight Specials :) Thanks for those fantastic photos my friend, I think I might carry mine today :) :thumbsup:

Beans and sausage breakfast looks very substantial. Nice photo of the WCLF:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dan, all I can say is wow!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: What great photos with your lamb foot knives and all the nature whilst holding all that stuff in one hand and a camera in the other!:D I'm not a big fan of any snake but I appreciate your abiding respect for all creatures.

Thanks Bill, it was pretty tasty :) I'll echo your comment to Dan, if I may, his contributions here have been really outstanding :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone has made it through the week in good shape. Great to see cigarrodog cigarrodog here eh? :) I hope @Ramrodmb, @chuck4570 , @Wild Willie , @mitch4ging , and all our other Guardians are keeping well :) Cloudy here, but at least it's not raining at the moment, and I'm hoping to have a socially-distanced coffee with a pal in the garden. Have a good Friday Guardians, the weekend is almost upon us ;) :) :thumbsup:

2017 Guardians Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

VsR4BAp.jpg

I just went and checked my records Ron, and there were 30 2017 Guardian Lambsfoot knives, including the 5 Midnight Specials :) Thanks for those fantastic photos my friend, I think I might carry mine today :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone has made it through the week in good shape. Great to see cigarrodog cigarrodog here eh? :) I hope @Ramrodmb, @chuck4570 , @Wild Willie , @mitch4ging , and all our other Guardians are keeping well :) Cloudy here, but at least it's not raining at the moment, and I'm hoping to have a socially-distanced coffee with a pal in the garden. Have a good Friday Guardians, the weekend is almost upon us ;) :) :thumbsup:

2017 Guardians Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

VsR4BAp.jpg
You're welcome for the photos Jack. ;) Knives that beautiful deserve to be shared! Thirty total is a relatively small run Jack. I'm honored that I was able to get two from that run. Well done on getting all those beautiful knives made for us Jack! They are treasures to behold now and most certainly will continue to be in the future. :thumbsup: I'm carrying another Guardians Lambsfoot today. The 2018 Ebony model is one I'm also very fond of! All you Guardians stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

50097207396_a3e82dbf31_c.jpg

Back