Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks for all the porkpie advice, gents. :)
David, have you ever baked apple slices into a porkpie? I ask because I'm a big fan of eating pork chops and apple sauce in the same meal. ;):thumbsup:
Your stag HHB looks great with that pie! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Hi GT. Yeah, pork and apple pork pies are quite common and popular here, but you'll find other flavours like pickles, caramelised onion, cranberry, mushy peas.

Apple.
rsORJG3.jpg

Cranberry.
HJ8P61m.jpg

Seems that it's an experiment taking place in residential areas all over the city. It suits me, it'll reduce the amount of through traffic, and won't inconvenience the residents. A shame we can't have a street party, like we used to before March :( :thumbsup:

p7uOds6.jpg

PzWrGih.jpg

I think there going to be more common Jack. The whole area around Liverpool Town Hall and it's financial centre was restricted when I was there on Tuesday.
Nice autumn shot there. :thumbsup:

Laundry day! It might take a couple days.
QGuv9Ht.jpg

I hope your 'pants' are in that lot. :D

Hey Guardians, are you ready for the Critter Spam-Apocalypse ? :D

Great pictures Dan, thanks for posting. It's great seeing your photos of critters we don't have in the UK, though I wouldn't trust that squirrel with your lambsfoot. :D

Just a few pics of my HHB on my walk yesterday, including an old aircraft crash site.
7cLupWm.jpg

XfXjZ3u.jpg

nsCsiaQ.jpg

T0xTeEA.jpg

Hi GT. Yeah, pork and apple pork pies are quite common and popular here, but you'll find other flavours like pickles, caramelised onion, cranberry, mushy peas.

Apple.
rsORJG3.jpg

Cranberry.
HJ8P61m.jpg

I think there going to be more common Jack. The whole area around Liverpool Town Hall and it's financial centre was restricted when I was there on Tuesday.

Great pictures Dan, thanks for posting. It's great seeing your photos of critters we don't have in the UK, though I wouldn't trust that squirrel with your lambsfoot. :D

Just a few pics of my HHB on my walk yesterday, including an old aircraft crash site.
7cLupWm.jpg

XfXjZ3u.jpg

nsCsiaQ.jpg

T0xTeEA.jpg
Those crash site photos are creepy and captivating at the same time. Judging by the size of the radial engine it looks to be a sizable aircraft in the days of yore.

I counted 33 socks. I hope I missed one.
qs8VaEn.jpg

I regularly get an odd number myself Jer! o_O It seems to be one of the hidden facts of life :rolleyes: I hope you find yours mate :) It's good to see Old Toffee Wings :thumbsup:

You're welcome for the photos Jack. ;) Knives that beautiful deserve to be shared! Thirty total is a relatively small run Jack. I'm honored that I was able to get two from that run. Well done on getting all those beautiful knives made for us Jack! They are treasures to behold now and most certainly will continue to be in the future. :thumbsup: I'm carrying another Guardians Lambsfoot today. The 2018 Ebony model is one I'm also very fond of! All you Guardians stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

50097207396_a3e82dbf31_c.jpg

Thanks Ron :) I was also thinking it was a higher number. I checked my first email, which said 30, but I wonder if there were some more. I had thought it was nearer 50, but we all know what 'thought' did! :rolleyes: In Yorkshire, they say it 'follered a muck-cart 'n' thought it were a wedding'! :D Another fab photo my friend, and it's great to see your ebony '18 :cool: :thumbsup:

Apple.
rsORJG3.jpg

Cranberry.
HJ8P61m.jpg

7cLupWm.jpg

XfXjZ3u.jpg

nsCsiaQ.jpg

T0xTeEA.jpg

What a fantastic bunch of photos David, and you picked a grand day to go for a walk :) When I was younger, I used to be able to fuel a whole day's climbing on half a malt-loaf! :D Great stuff :) :thumbsup:

My second one ever. First one was when I was about 13yo. Don't imagine giving a 13yo a knife today would go over so well.
It's a bit rough around the edges, like it's new guardian.

That looks like a smasher! :cool: Who is the maker? I've given a few Lambsfoot knives away to friends kids, from about 7 upwards, and each time it's been the parents who have asked me if I have one for them :D :thumbsup:

RzyPKxQ.jpg

Onebigbill Onebigbill - Thank you, Bill.

donn donn - Hi David. A fine set of images. Speaking of pork pies:)), I previously mentioned locating a source here in the States. I got my “feet wet,” with a Melton Mowbray pork pie. Loved it. Portable food perfection. Thank you.:)

Good Morning Guardians

Wow, I sure have missed your wonderful pics Harvey :) Two great finds there :cool: :) :thumbsup:

That's a great angle to take a photo from Joshua :cool: :) :thumbsup:

I regularly get an odd number myself Jer! o_O It seems to be one of the hidden facts of life :rolleyes: I hope you find yours mate :) It's good to see Old Toffee Wings :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron :) I was also thinking it was a higher number. I checked my first email, which said 30, but I wonder if there were some more. I had thought it was nearer 50, but we all know what 'thought' did! :rolleyes: In Yorkshire, they say it 'follered a muck-cart 'n' thought it were a wedding'! :D Another fab photo my friend, and it's great to see your ebony '18 :cool: :thumbsup:

What a fantastic bunch of photos David, and you picked a grand day to go for a walk :) When I was younger, I used to be able to fuel a whole day's climbing on half a malt-loaf! :D Great stuff :) :thumbsup:

That looks like a smasher! :cool: Who is the maker? I've given a few Lambsfoot knives away to friends kids, from about 7 upwards, and each time it's been the parents who have asked me if I have one for them :D :thumbsup:

RzyPKxQ.jpg

Wow, I sure have missed your wonderful pics Harvey :) Two great finds there :cool: :) :thumbsup:

That's a great angle to take a photo from Joshua :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Now there's a kid being a kid, all he's missing is a magnifying glass for sunny days and a slingshot out the back pocket :) Who needs an x box! Bet you made his day with that gift.

The maker appears to be "Minstrel Sheffield". Mark is pretty worn. Couldn't find anything on them??
It had blade play, was hitting the liners when closed and as dull as a butter knife. All sorted now and prepared dinner for me and the kids.

We were more than a mile away from where we'd started by now. We could see the smoke in the distance getting worse, and the wind direction changing, one minute blowing in our direction, the next blowing directly towards the city centre. Unfortunately, there was no bridge to cross the river, so we had to head back in the direction of the smoke to find one. We crossed over, and continued to move away from the smoke, with the air getting noticeably clearer. I took a few photos of this interesting old chapel (this is a different river here).

pv4aSNm.jpg

qr6NYuz.jpg

C3AUHIG.jpg

vhb0uvi.jpg

q4Kv2V3.jpg

Jack, I thought you might find this interesting. The Wakefield Bridge and Chantry Chapel that you shared with us a while back was recently mentioned on the BBC quiz show Pointless, not as a question or answer, but by one of the contestants who works as a bridge engineer in West Yorkshire. If you skip to 15:55 in the video below, you can hear the discussion of the bridge.

It's mentioned again in the next episode as well, around the 7:35 mark.

I've been watching a lot of this show recently (something my brother first introduced me to when we visited at Christmas a couple years back), and I really enjoy it. There was an instance in another episode where a discussion from this thread about a certain civil engineer with an unusual name helped me get an answer right. :D

mdZEEwy.jpg

For a bit of Lambsfoot content, here's a recycled Yorkshire-related photo. ;)

XdQovfM.jpg

Now there's a kid being a kid, all he's missing is a magnifying glass for sunny days and a slingshot out the back pocket :) Who needs an x box! Bet you made his day with that gift.

The maker appears to be "Minstrel Sheffield". Mark is pretty worn. Couldn't find anything on them??
It had blade play, was hitting the liners when closed and as dull as a butter knife. All sorted now and prepared dinner for me and the kids.

I think he's actually got both, and he teaches his dad to tie knots and light fires! :D I don't think I've ever seen him as excited as when he got his first knife though :) :thumbsup:

You're a star! :) Hope you all enjoy dinner :thumbsup:

I don't know that name, but according to Eileen Taylor's Trademark's on Base Metal Tableware (that's a free PDF download), a minstrel figure was a trademark of Austin Nicholson. Not a firm I know I'm afraid, but it might be somewhere to start :thumbsup:

Jack, I thought you might find this interesting. The Wakefield Bridge and Chantry Chapel that you shared with us a while back was recently mentioned on the BBC quiz show Pointless, not as a question or answer, but by one of the contestants who works as a bridge engineer in West Yorkshire. If you skip to 15:55 in the video below, you can hear the discussion of the bridge.

I've been watching a lot of this show recently (something my brother first introduced me to when we visited at Christmas a couple years back), and I really enjoy it. There was an instance in another episode where a discussion from this thread about a certain civil engineer with an unusual name helped me get an answer right. :D

mdZEEwy.jpg

XdQovfM.jpg

Fascinating Barrett :) The second contestant is right about it still being pretty dangerous round there! :D I've not seen that show before, but I recognised the presenter, Alexander Armstrong! :D In fact, I think he featured in another video I posted a while back - spooky! ;) Great pic of your '19 my friend :) :thumbsup:

(Contains mild profanity)

Fascinating Barrett :) The second contestant is right about it still being pretty dangerous round there! :D I've not seen that show before, but I recognised the presenter, Alexander Armstrong! :D In fact, I think he featured in another video I posted a while back - spooky! ;) Great pic of your '19 my friend :) :thumbsup:

(Contains mild profanity)

Thanks, Jack. It’s an interesting show, if you like that sort of thing. The trivia content is a good mix of intellectual, general knowledge and pop culture, and I like the concept of having to come up with more obscure answers to score lower points. There are a ton of episodes on YouTube (although I can’t promise that those thugs from the television licensing department won’t come banging on your door again). ;) :D

donn donn Great pies and photos David! :thumbsup: :D

My second one ever. First one was when I was about 13yo. Don't imagine giving a 13yo a knife today would go over so well.
That’s a beauty sir! Thanks for sharing! :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

Terrific pie! :thumbsup: Dang Harvey! I’ve really missed all those beautiful knives and the tasty accompaniment’s! :D

RzyPKxQ.jpg
Fifty would have been a large order Jack! If there’s that many around the proud owners should start sharing some photos! :rolleyes: Thanks Jack! It looks like you’ve been teaching some fire starting skills along with the knife gifts! ;) Good on you my friend! :thumbsup:

What a cracking looking lambsfoot, everything oozes quality. :thumbsup:

RzyPKxQ.jpg

What a cracking shot Jack, good to see kids doing something other than gawping at a smart phone.
And half a malt loaf? I dare say that would still fuel me but how anyone can resist the other half is beyond me :D

mdZEEwy.jpg

XdQovfM.jpg

donn donn - Hi David. A fine set of images. Speaking of pork pies:)), I previously mentioned locating a source here in the States. I got my “feet wet,” with a Melton Mowbray pork pie. Loved it. Portable food perfection. Thank you.:)

Good Morning Guardians

Now the lambsfoot we all know and love, but the pie is exquisite. :D That really does look like a nice pork pie. :thumbsup: A big hurrah to the baker.:thumbsup:

Those crash site photos are creepy and captivating at the same time. Judging by the size of the radial engine it looks to be a sizable aircraft in the days of yore.

Hi Bill, yip your right. If I've done this right a more detailed report of my first visit last year should appear here:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ales-vignettes.754492/page-1145#post-18865284

Good Morning Guardians

Gentleman - two outstanding Lambsfoots Knives. Great viewing!!!!
I am curious like Jack here Ed- who is the maker of that real nice example?

Two great finds there :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack.

Spent the last twenty min looking at that stag!
Pie is tempting too:)
Thank you. I looked at it the same way, when I spotted it,

Terrific pie! :thumbsup:
Thank you for the kind words, Ron.

That really does look like a nice pork pie. :thumbsup:
Thank you, David. Tastes as good as it looks. Never would have crossed my mind to look for one, had it not been for your words and images. Not being sure I can post a link, but in short, two UK expats opened an online shop for other expats living in the States, as well as the rest of us. A bit pricey, but worth an occasional splurge.

Gentleman - two outstanding Lambsfoots Knives.
Thank you, Duncan. Hope you’re doing well.

Thanks, Jack. It’s an interesting show, if you like that sort of thing. The trivia content is a good mix of intellectual, general knowledge and pop culture, and I like the concept of having to come up with more obscure answers to score lower points. There are a ton of episodes on YouTube (although I can’t promise that those thugs from the television licensing department won’t come banging on your door again). ;) :D

They better not Barrett! :mad: :D :thumbsup:

Fifty would have been a large order Jack! If there’s that many around the proud owners should start sharing some photos! :rolleyes: Thanks Jack! It looks like you’ve been teaching some fire starting skills along with the knife gifts! ;) Good on you my friend! :thumbsup:

Yes, perhaps 50 is high, but there were 97 Hartshead Barlows, plus two that Ashley did some fancy stuff on :thumbsup:

SuWcwgJ.jpg

It would certainly be nice to see some more photos of all those knives, and how they are ageing :) Amos is a fast learner. His dad took him camping some years back, and had to ring for pizza as he couldn't get the fire lit, so I thought I'd better teach him! :D

What a cracking shot Jack, good to see kids doing something other than gawping at a smart phone.
And half a malt loaf? I dare say that would still fuel me but how anyone can resist the other half is beyond me :D

Despite my ribbing my mate, him and his missus have done a great job of raising their 3 kids :) I am proud of them :thumbsup:

I spent a whole winter rock-climbing with a mate, and we'd buy a malt-loaf and split it between us, have a great day freezing on the rocks, and warm up with a good session in the pub after :thumbsup:

It looks like it's a " Cracker ".:p:p:p:p:p:p

I just spent 20 minutes trying to find a good Frank Carson video on YouTube, without success! :( :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Old Toffee Wings is my prettiest, Blackadder is my smoothest, Rose Beast is my hulkingest.

:cool: :) :thumbsup:

Back