Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Yes, perhaps 50 is high, but there were 97 Hartshead Barlows, plus two that Ashley did some fancy stuff on :thumbsup:

SuWcwgJ.jpg

It would certainly be nice to see some more photos of all those knives, and how they are ageing :) Amos is a fast learner. His dad took him camping some years back, and had to ring for pizza as he couldn't get the fire lit, so I thought I'd better teach him! :D
It would be nice to see the Horn models more often. Maybe some of those went to members that are no longer active. I don’t think I remember seeing a Hartshead with the worked back spring Jack! That’s very nice. :D: :thumbsup:

Absolutely amazing photographic Tour de Force Dan :cool: :) :thumbsup: I'm surprised you haven't been poached by National Geographic! :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :)
PS: I turned down National Geographic... I told them I only do it for the Guardians of the Lambsfoot :) . They understood right away :D

Absolutely wonderful photos Dan! Thanks for showing them again! :cool::cool::cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :):):)

Welcome and thank you Ron :)

Dan, all I can say is wow!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: What great photos with your lamb foot knives and all the nature whilst holding all that stuff in one hand and a camera in the other!:D I'm not a big fan of any snake but I appreciate your abiding respect for all creatures

Thank you Bill, I am happy you enjoyed the little critters.
Carrying my lambsfoot at all times in my walks slowly pay off , lol .

I'll echo your comment to Dan, if I may, his contributions here have been really outstanding :) :thumbsup:

Gracias mi amigo, I appreciate your kind words :thumbsup::)

Great pictures Dan, thanks for posting. It's great seeing your photos of critters we don't have in the UK, though I wouldn't trust that squirrel with your lambsfoot. :D

Thanks David, I also enjoy your pictures very much :thumbsup:
They squirrels have not taken off yet with my lambsfoot however my African Rosewood has two very tiny/faint marks where one gave it a little chomp :eek: .... I call it "character" :D

Guardians ROCK !!! , have a great weekend folks :thumbsup::)

It would be nice to see the Horn models more often. Maybe some of those went to members that are no longer active. I don’t think I remember seeing a Hartshead with the worked back spring Jack! That’s very nice. :D: :thumbsup:

Some of the folks who had them aren't here anymore, but most are. I've posted that Hartshead before, but I haven't carried it for most of this year. Ashley took two knives out of the run, and fancied one up for himself, and gifted me the other. A kind thought, but my pocket had already been taken over by my standard Hartshead Barlow, and really a file-worked spring doesn't fit with what I was trying to achieve with those knives, attractive as it is. Thanks Ron :) :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :)
PS: I turned down National Geographic... I told them I only do it for the Guardians of the Lambsfoot :) . They understood right away :D

:D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, no hike for me today I'm afraid, though I'm hoping for a shorter walk through some local woods, and maybe a bit of slingshot practice. I imagine most of our US Guardians will be making plans for Thanksgiving, and I know that for most of you, it's going to be very different to normal. I hope you all have a good one anyway though, it's been a pretty rotten year, but I guess we all still have plenty to be thankful for. Hope everyone has a great weekend, I'll be carrying some stag ;) :thumbsup:

ss1ojmf.jpg

Oh no, what happened Rachel ?
Well...Years ago, I moved into my first (very own, grown-up, no family or roommates) apartment. It was on the second floor, and had a little balcony that overlooked some trees and a dry creek. I noticed a particular squirrel would come up to the balcony door and look in at me. I wondered if the former tenants had fed him. So I held out a piece of rice cake, and he gently took it from me with his hands. This happened a few times, until one day I was sitting there handing him little treats. When he'd taken them all I (like a dummy) did that thing where you hold out your empty hand to show "See? All out of treats!" He didn't really bite me, just barely put his teeth on my fingertip. Startled, I quickly pulled my hand back and cut my finger on his tooth.
Not more than one or two drops of blood. I decided that I couldn't tell any of my friends about it, because I'm sure they would have overreacted and insisted I go get rabies shots. Maybe I should have, but it's been decades and so far, I'm fine.

I imagine most of our US Guardians will be making plans for Thanksgiving, and I know that for most of you, it's going to be very different to normal. I hope you all have a good one anyway though, it's been a pretty rotten year, but I guess we all still have plenty to be thankful for. Hope everyone has a great weekend, I'll be carrying some stag ;)
Thank you, Jack. It certainly will be different this year. My father and brothers won't be visiting. Dad just turned 90 last month, and has heart issues, so there is no way I'm going up to see him. I'm hoping we can all video chat a few times over the weekend. My brothers and I have a tradition, on Thanksgiving Eve Wednesday, of hitting the liquor cabinet after Dad goes to sleep, drinking martinis and reading H.P.Lovecraft aloud. :D So far, everyone is healthy, so I'm grateful for that. Silver lining: I don't have to spend this weekend cleaning. :p

I haven't carried my Guardian Horn Lambsfoot in a while. It is beautiful, but I tend to actually carry either a big-un or a little-un. I may take it out of the box and remind myself how a medium fits.
6PPZIL4.jpg

Well...Years ago, I moved into my first (very own, grown-up, no family or roommates) apartment. It was on the second floor, and had a little balcony that overlooked some trees and a dry creek. I noticed a particular squirrel would come up to the balcony door and look in at me. I wondered if the former tenants had fed him. So I held out a piece of rice cake, and he gently took it from me with his hands. This happened a few times, until one day I was sitting there handing him little treats. When he'd taken them all I (like a dummy) did that thing where you hold out your empty hand to show "See? All out of treats!" He didn't really bite me, just barely put his teeth on my fingertip. Startled, I quickly pulled my hand back and cut my finger on his tooth.
Not more than one or two drops of blood. I decided that I couldn't tell any of my friends about it, because I'm sure they would have overreacted and insisted I go get rabies shots. Maybe I should have, but it's been decades and so far, I'm fine.

Glad to know it ended well after all Rachel. :thumbsup::)
My fascination with squirrels was unreal when I first came to Canada.
I was in my 20's and had never seen one before.
I had never seen the white stuff either and was totally fascinated by it too lol .

What a cracking looking lambsfoot, everything oozes quality. :thumbsup:

What a cracking shot Jack, good to see kids doing something other than gawping at a smart phone.
And half a malt loaf? I dare say that would still fuel me but how anyone can resist the other half is beyond me :D

Now the lambsfoot we all know and love, but the pie is exquisite. :D That really does look like a nice pork pie. :thumbsup: A big hurrah to the baker.:thumbsup:

Hi Bill, yip your right. If I've done this right a more detailed report of my first visit last year should appear here:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ales-vignettes.754492/page-1145#post-18865284
David, Very good read and photos really show how "lonely" a place it is.

Thank you Dwight :) Stunning pic there my friend, great to see that ebony SFO, and the detail on that truck is incredible
Thank you Jack!

Hope all of you Gaurdians are doing well :thumbsup::thumbsup: Just dropping in to share my latest addition to my small vintage Lambfoot collection. Alfred Blackwell.
I always enjoy your vintage lambs Rob.

Good Evening Guardians. Hello Jack.It’s been awhile. My wife developed conjestive heart failure, and we have been working on her recovery, which is progressing nicely. Along with the pandemic and elections, we’ve become rather reclusive. Even grew a civil war era, beard.:) Hope everyone is doing OK.
Great to hear from you Harvey and I hope all goes well with your wife's health. Great photos as always.

Hey Guardians, are you ready for the Critter Spam-Apocalypse ? :D

zCxfbO0.jpg

y800tEe.jpg

yC9SMpj.jpg

XdzNzsp.jpg

AlOsl0m.jpg

uPKB8Be.jpg

4mgQom9.jpg

to be continued
Incredible Dan!!!!!

Good afternoon Guardians! :thumbsup: I'm giving this beautiful 2017 Guardians Special some pocket time today. :) Y'all stay safe out there my friends! :) :thumbsup:

50378409001_d46b440638_c.jpg
Fantastic horn Ron!

Thanks Ron, and it's great to see one of the very first Guardians Lambsfoot knives :) I was thinking, just the other day, that we don't see horn here the way we used to. Everyone seemed to go mad for that horn at the time, but where are all those knives now I wonder? I don't have a photo of them all, I don't think, unfortunately, but I remember how all that horn stank my house out!
The only reason I don't post horn is cause I was late to the party and missed em Jack. I believe they are among the most stunning of all the lambs.

I think the beautiful Ironwood and Stag on the latter editions, including the DamLambs and AC’s, may have contributed to fewer people carrying the 17’s. That being said, the 2017’s were a diversely figured group of knives Jack! Many fabulous specimens my friend! I don’t remember how many were in that first Guardians edition Jack. I do remember the count on the Midnight Specials at five. ;) Here’s a reference photo of my two beauties when new! :) :thumbsup:

23839489478_948571d40e_b_d.jpg

37643655896_751b07fdb1_b_d.jpg
Gorgeous Ron.

I just went and checked my records Ron, and there were 30 2017 Guardian Lambsfoot knives, including the 5 Midnight Specials :) Thanks for those fantastic photos my friend, I think I might carry mine today :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Bill, it was pretty tasty :) I'll echo your comment to Dan, if I may, his contributions here have been really outstanding :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone has made it through the week in good shape. Great to see cigarrodog cigarrodog here eh? :) I hope @Ramrodmb, @chuck4570 , @Wild Willie , @mitch4ging , and all our other Guardians are keeping well :) Cloudy here, but at least it's not raining at the moment, and I'm hoping to have a socially-distanced coffee with a pal in the garden. Have a good Friday Guardians, the weekend is almost upon us ;) :) :thumbsup:

2017 Guardians Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

VsR4BAp.jpg
This one takes the cake.

Have a great weekend all.IMG_5490.jpeg

Some of the folks who had them aren't here anymore, but most are. I've posted that Hartshead before, but I haven't carried it for most of this year. Ashley took two knives out of the run, and fancied one up for himself, and gifted me the other. A kind thought, but my pocket had already been taken over by my standard Hartshead Barlow, and really a file-worked spring doesn't fit with what I was trying to achieve with those knives, attractive as it is. Thanks Ron :) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, no hike for me today I'm afraid, though I'm hoping for a shorter walk through some local woods, and maybe a bit of slingshot practice. I imagine most of our US Guardians will be making plans for Thanksgiving, and I know that for most of you, it's going to be very different to normal. I hope you all have a good one anyway though, it's been a pretty rotten year, but I guess we all still have plenty to be thankful for. Hope everyone has a great weekend, I'll be carrying some stag ;) :thumbsup:

ss1ojmf.jpg
Jack, thanks much for your kind thoughts re Thanksgiving.:thumbsup: First time I haven't been with my entire family for that particular Holiday. :( Kathi and I will make the best out of a bad situation. I'm afraid that X-mas is looking good either.:( Can't wait for and end to this awful pandemic.:mad:
Your HHB is looking well my friend.:thumbsup: Hope your weekend goes well too.:thumbsup::D

Hello and good morning Guardians and all. Went out today to get some clear coat spray paint to preserve some of our out door Holiday decorations. Will be warming up into the 70's today and sunny. A great start to the weekend.

IMG_2744.JPG IMG_2743.JPG

Thanks Dwight, great picture of your HHB:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you Jack!

I always enjoy your vintage lambs Rob.

Great to hear from you Harvey and I hope all goes well with your wife's health. Great photos as always.

Incredible Dan!!!!!

Fantastic horn Ron!

The only reason I don't post horn is cause I was late to the party and missed em Jack. I believe they are among the most stunning of all the lambs.

Gorgeous Ron.

This one takes the cake.

Have a great weekend all.View attachment 1459298

Thank you, David. Tastes as good as it looks. Never would have crossed my mind to look for one, had it not been for your words and images. Not being sure I can post a link, but in short, two UK expats opened an online shop for other expats living in the States, as well as the rest of us. A bit pricey, but worth an occasional splurge.

Thanks Harvey, happy I gave you a good idea, but I can't take responsibility for the calories gained. :)

SuWcwgJ.jpg

It would certainly be nice to see some more photos of all those knives, and how they are ageing :) Amos is a fast learner. His dad took him camping some years back, and had to ring for pizza as he couldn't get the fire lit, so I thought I'd better teach him! :D

I spent a whole winter rock-climbing with a mate, and we'd buy a malt-loaf and split it between us, have a great day freezing on the rocks, and warm up with a good session in the pub after :thumbsup:

Aye I remember them things called 'pubs'. Great places.
That file work really suits that HHB. :thumbsup:

Glad to know it ended well after all Rachel. :thumbsup::)
My fascination with squirrels was unreal when I first came to Canada.
I was in my 20's and had never seen one before.
I had never seen the white stuff either and was totally fascinated by it too lol .

Don't they have squirrels in Argentina then? I thought the little blighters had got everywhere. :D

David, Very good read and photos really show how "lonely" a place it is.

Thanks Bill. :thumbsup: For such a low range of hills the Pennines have certainly claimed there fair share of aircraft.

Jack, great to see you indoctrinating those young ones in the ways of blades and fire. :)
My two sons are constantly spreading the values of knives to all their friends.
Here is a picture from out and about a few weeks back. I love the history of early explorers and adventurers.

View attachment 1459426

I think that place is mentioned in Carl Russell's book on Mountain Men.:thumbsup:

Apart from 5 mins work on my car I've done nothing today so I'm recycling a photo. I hope everyone's having a nice weekend.:thumbsup:
tip1wBs.jpg

No shots??!! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

clean.jpg

Thank you, Jack. It certainly will be different this year. My father and brothers won't be visiting. Dad just turned 90 last month, and has heart issues, so there is no way I'm going up to see him. I'm hoping we can all video chat a few times over the weekend. My brothers and I have a tradition, on Thanksgiving Eve Wednesday, of hitting the liquor cabinet after Dad goes to sleep, drinking martinis and reading H.P.Lovecraft aloud. :D So far, everyone is healthy, so I'm grateful for that. Silver lining: I don't have to spend this weekend cleaning. :p

I always really enjoy hearing about your family Thanksgiving Rachel, and I'm sorry you won't be able to enjoy it in the same way this year :( It sounds as if you're making a wise decision though, and I hope you're able to find some sort of on-line alternative to raiding Dad's liquor cabinet! :D :) :thumbsup:

I haven't carried my Guardian Horn Lambsfoot in a while. It is beautiful, but I tend to actually carry either a big-un or a little-un. I may take it out of the box and remind myself how a medium fits.
6PPZIL4.jpg

I think most of us are creatures of habit, but it's great to see that one again :) @Padruig sure did a great job on those pocket-slips too :thumbsup:

Good day Guardians
From last fall

0gL9y4T.jpg

lSPyOpg.jpg

Beautiful scenery, and great pics Dan :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack!

Have a great weekend all.View attachment 1459298

Aww, sorry buddy :( I guess it's going back 4 years now. Fantastic pic Dwight, those trucks are pretty amazing, we don't have anything that fancy here. Your Hartshead Barlow is looking very svelte :) :thumbsup:

Jack, thanks much for your kind thoughts re Thanksgiving.:thumbsup: First time I haven't been with my entire family for that particular Holiday. :( Kathi and I will make the best out of a bad situation. I'm afraid that X-mas is looking good either.:( Can't wait for and end to this awful pandemic.:mad:
Your HHB is looking well my friend.:thumbsup: Hope your weekend goes well too.:thumbsup::D

Hello and good morning Guardians and all. Went out today to get some clear coat spray paint to preserve some of our out door Holiday decorations. Will be warming up into the 70's today and sunny. A great start to the weekend.

View attachment 1459342 View attachment 1459344

Very sad Bill, but better to have lots more holidays with your family than risk the alternative my friend :thumbsup: Thanks Bill, I hope you're having a good one too :) Your photos gave me a big grin :) :thumbsup:

Jack, great to see you indoctrinating those young ones in the ways of blades and fire. :)
My two sons are constantly spreading the values of knives to all their friends.
Here is a picture from out and about a few weeks back. I love the history of early explorers and adventurers.

View attachment 1459426

Thanks pal :) That's great to hear about the boys, I hope they're both doing well :) That's a cool photo. One of the things I enjoy so much about American history, from a European perspective, is that you really don't have to go back very far to find some real adventure :cool: :) :thumbsup:

I hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I didn't take many photos on my walk today. I got some slingshot practice in, and also picked up a couple of potential walking staffs, which I'll be doing some work on tomorrow. It's only 6.30pm here, but as it's been dark a couple of hours, it seems much later :thumbsup:

wYK4hOE.jpg

wksfaLh.jpg

NJlGbpD.jpg

3asTOQY.jpg

rtIWIVE.jpg

Lbj4eMq.jpg

Aye I remember them things called 'pubs'. Great places.
That file work really suits that HHB. :thumbsup:

Apart from 5 mins work on my car I've done nothing today so I'm recycling a photo. I hope everyone's having a nice weekend.:thumbsup:
tip1wBs.jpg

I have happy memories of them long ago David :( Thanks mate, great to see your Hartshead Barlow as new :) :thumbsup:

cOnHd1x.jpg

Happy Saturday Guardians! Son's birthday party today, his birthday isn't til the 27th but we will be camping for Thanksgiving.

Looking good Taylor :) I hope your son has a great party, a very happy birthday, and camping for Thanksgiving sounds like a cool idea :) Have a fantastic time :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have happy memories of them long ago David :( Thanks mate, great to see your Hartshead Barlow as new :) :thumbsup:

Looking good Taylor :) I hope your sun has a great party, a very happy birthday, and camping for Thanksgiving sounds like a cool idea :) Have a fantastic time :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack. Party is outside and hand sanitizer available...I feel bad for the kids. He likes video games so it's a "Gamer" themed party. I wouldn't really call it camping as we are taking our camper and we will have full hookups (electricity and sewer). LOL.

Back