Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning Guardians !

A windstorm blew by our area recently and we found a few fallen trees across our path on our walk yesterday.

8CoFqW3.jpg

goZm0A6.jpg

Mother Nature sure can cause some devastation can't she? :eek: Most of the trees on my street are very old, but every now and again, one will come crashing down, and it is quite alarming to see the damage they can do. Fortunately, I don't know anyone who has ever been hurt roundabouts. Great pics, as always, Dan :thumbsup:

I think the Miller might have :rolleyes: ;) :D :thumbsup:

“A Sheffield thwitel baar he in his hose.”
Your knife knowledge is amazingly comprehensive, Jack!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Eleanor like to go there and sit back, have a cup of coffee and read the paper. :D

JvsJ6Qy.jpg

I think I’ll enjoy this treat later today. ...

ZPtSZb2.jpg
Hilarious pic of Eleanor chilling with the paper! :D:thumbsup::cool:
Barrett, I've never had a "Peanut Rounder", but I'll bet I'd like it! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm fond of peanut brittle, and often get some for Christmas. But as @cudgee and Jack Black Jack Black note, it's not a tooth-friendly treat. :(

Here are the ones with wheels you are looking for :cool::D
(we took this video last summer 2019)

Hey Guardians, just finished giving my ebony lamb a spa treatment. Flushed the joints, sharpened it wicked sharp and oiled it :thumbsup:
Dan, I've been contemplating getting a scooter similar to yours for commuting to campus and moving around town at a pace a little faster than walking. I'm currently walking 8-9 miles per day, which takes me about 2.5 hours, so that's a substantial chunk of time. Can one travel on a scooter twice as fast as walking? Can I train myself to ride a scooter that far? How frequently do you "switch pushing legs" (every hour, every mile, every 5 pushes)? Any features you recommend I look for as I start shopping for a scooter?

Your ebony lamb looks exquisite! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I was about to have a shave when the postie turned up with some goodies for me :)

g8wZfrd.jpg

Congrats on your new devices, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm not very familiar with camping equipment; what is the "box" on the left?

So much Parsley, so little Thyme.
hw7Vswf.jpg
:D:thumbsup::cool: Great-looking stag HHB, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I've had a busy day today :rolleyes: Made a big pan of stew this afternoon. Most of it is going in the freezer, but I had a bowl - and dropped my Lambsfoot in TWICE! :rolleyes:

fBeRVlE.jpg

That stew looks tasty, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Sorry to read that your lambsfoot wanted some. :rolleyes: That oaf fellow hasn't been lurking and infecting you with his knife-dropping symptoms, has he?? :eek:;)

Thanks, Dan. I imagine I’d be able to get the hang of it again. A helmet is probably a good idea. I slipped on some ice in a parking lot of a couple years ago, legs went straight out from under me, rung my bell pretty good. :confused:
During the winter, I walk with a Groucho Marx-like forward lean, so that my center of gravity is in front of my feet. I figure that if I slip, I'll fall forward instead of backward, and I'd rather break my wrists than my skull.

Good afternoon Guardians! Hope y’all have a great weekend! :) :thumbsup:

50601088758_3fbf9c13bc_c_d.jpg
AC will be with me while I care for a couple of sick sons today.

View attachment 1455399
"Hello, darkness, my old friend ..."
Ron and Joshua, I really admire the dark stag on your HHB and AC, respectively! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Joshua, hope the boys are feeling much better by now.

José, that's a dramatic display of your delightful dozen of lambsfoot knives! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I thought I'd get my Yorkshire Rose out for the day :) Have a good one folks :thumbsup:

avudCm3.jpg
Striking knife, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (Like a great white whale! ;))

Splendid stag lambsfoot, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mammoth post GT :eek: :thumbsup: ...
That's an unusual name for a kid, I once came across two twins called 'Genghis' and 'Khan'. You have to wonder about some parents :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend, I just spoke to Rachel, and she sounds perfectly fine. She was just about to start teaching her first class of the week. Interesting to hear how things are there, I hope everyone will be OK, and that you stay safe and well :thumbsup:

I hadn't thought of that Gary! :D I have mainly used mine for fine detailed cutting, on a board. Something I also use my other Lambsfoot knives for, and at which, I think, the pattern excels :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)
Naming twins after a brutal Mongol raider/emperor seems like it would put a lot of pressure on the kids! :rolleyes:
Glad to hear that Rachel seems to be resilient. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: My school's plan at the start of the semester was to start with in-person classes and try to make it until Thanksgiving, and switch to all online classes for the final 3 weeks of the semester so students didn't have to come back to campus after going home for Thanksgiving. (I didn't think we'd make it nearly that long before having to suspend in-person classes.) But the state health department outlawed all face-to-face secondary and postsecondary classes starting this past Wednesday, a week ahead of my institution's plans. Kind of a relief, to be honest!

Thank you Gary :) I think Ron was referring to the way Wright's round the nose on some of their 'posher' Lambsfoot knives, in contrast to the standard more angular nose. Personally I prefer the latter :thumbsup:
Gary you definitely need at least one “grande” Lambsfoot in your flock! Then you too can have a grande patina to show off! ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment on my Ironwood Gary! :thumbsup: Jack explains below the comments I made about the senators blade! :D :thumbsup:
Thanks for the clarification, Jack and Ron. :) So am I right in concluding that my lambsfoot senator does in fact have a rounder nose than all of my other lambsfoots except for my rosewood Union Jack that my wife and daughter bought for me in York?
8lambs.mark.V.jpg

Hi GT, stitches are still in. The surgeon now says they come out on December 1st. :thumbsup: It's uncomfortable but I'll get though it. Hope all is well with you.:)
Hang in there, Bill. ;):thumbsup: I read that you plan to try some one-eyed painting; are you still golfing with one eye stitched closed??

I miss Harvey, and his great doughnut pics :(
How did you do that, Jack? :eek::D:thumbsup: As I read the thread this week, I was ecstatic to see that Harvey dropped in several times! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (My multi quotes in this post don't reach forward that far though.)

Nice photos Jer. Sorry to hear about the Covid troubles in Michigan. Looks like the entire country is in for it. Kathi and I are having Turkey Day by ourselves this year for the first time in our history.
My wife and I will do Thanksgiving with just the 2 of us. And we advised our daughter last time we Skyped that her coming for Christmas was probably not a wise decision. :(

This lambs foot senator has an attractive stag, Gary.:thumbsup:;)
Thanks, José. :) The other side of the knife doesn't have stag as nice.

Nice to see you're still bananas for your AC Joshua (just beating 5K Qs 5K Qs to that one!) :D ;) :thumbsup:
You beat me to Joshua's post by several hours, Jack, but I DID think something very similar when I saw it! :rolleyes::p

Rosewood big 'un! :thumbsup: Great minds Jer!!! ;)

Good morning Guardians! I am carrying Big Rosie today. :D Y'all please be safe out there! :thumbsup:

50614128657_0c3416e214_c.jpg
Love that rambling rose, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Gracias hombre mio. :D That senator is looking sensational señor.

View attachment 1457045
Thanks, Dwight. :)
Did you put together your model trucks, or did they come fully assembled? Do they represent vehicles with which you've had personal experience? Very cool! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Hope all of you Gaurdians are doing well :thumbsup::thumbsup: Just dropping in to share my latest addition to my small vintage Lambfoot collection. Alfred Blackwell.
hpzCetM.jpg

Congrats on another lovely lambsfoot, Rob! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Last edited:
Your knife knowledge is amazingly comprehensive, Jack!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You're very kind Gary :) I have to say, it's getting to the point where I'd be happy to swap some obscure knife history knowledge for knowledge of where I've put my reading glasses/wallet/house-keys :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

I'm fond of peanut brittle, and often get some for Christmas. But as @cudgee and Jack Black Jack Black note, it's not a tooth-friendly treat. :(

I'm very fond of it too my friend, and its dental impact has been such that I now reserve it for a very occasional treat :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Dan, I've been contemplating getting a scooter similar to yours for commuting to campus and moving around town at a pace a little faster than walking. I'm currently walking 8-9 miles per day, which takes me about 2.5 hours, so that's a substantial chunk of time. Can one travel on a scooter twice as fast as walking? Can I train myself to ride a scooter that far? How frequently do you "switch pushing legs" (every hour, every mile, every 5 pushes)? Any features you recommend I look for as I start shopping for a scooter?

During our first lockdown, when the roads were quiet, I was thinking of getting an electric scooter, but a lot of other folks had the same idea, so they were hard to get hold of. The roads have been back to their usual horrendous state for months now, so it's less appealing. If you get one of the regular scooters, be sure to change your 'pushing leg' from time to time Gary, otherwise you'll forever be walking round in circles, like a Scottish Haggis walking round a hill! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Congrats on your new devices, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm not very familiar with camping equipment; what is the "box" on the left?

Thanks mate, I have far more than I need :rolleyes: That there is a twig stove, of which I already have a number :rolleyes: This one is a fairly simple design, which folds flat, is quick to assemble, and since it's made from titanium, very light in weight :) :thumbsup:

That stew looks tasty, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Sorry to read that your lambsfoot wanted some. :rolleyes: That oaf fellow hasn't been lurking and infecting you with his knife-dropping symptoms, has he?? :eek:;)

Thanks again Gary :) Yikes! I sure hope things never get quite THAT bad!! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

During the winter, I walk with a Groucho Marx-like forward lean, so that my center of gravity is in front of my feet. I figure that if I slip, I'll fall forward instead of backward, and I'd rather break my wrists than my skull.

It's probably more aero-dynamic too! ;) :D Do you smoke a cigar as you go GT? :D :) :thumbsup:

Striking knife, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (Like a great white whale! ;))

LOL! :D Thanks :thumbsup:

ph5BJWC.jpg

Thanks, Jack. :)
Naming twins after a brutal Mongol raider/emperor seems like it would put a lot of pressure on the kids! :rolleyes:

Having hippy parents called Cactus and Gnome, I suspect they may have had a number of life challenges :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Glad to hear that Rachel seems to be resilient. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: My school's plan at the end of the semester was to start with in-person classes and try to make it until Thanksgiving, and switch to all online classes for the final 3 weeks of the semester so students didn't have to come back to campus after going home for Thanksgiving. (I didn't think we'd make it nearly that long before having to suspend in-person classes.) But the state health department outlawed all face-to-face secondary and postsecondary classes starting this past Wednesday, a week ahead of my institutions plans. Kind of a relief, to be honest!

Thanks Gary :) Kind of a crazy situation here, particularly with families with multiple kids, since every time one kid in the class sneezes, the rest have to go home for a fortnight. Most of the parents I know are struggling with childcare. My neighbour was telling me that her daughter was sent home with 'symptoms', tested negative, but then my neighbour's employer told her she has to self-isolate for 2 weeks, and won't get paid. I'm sure that must have been a relief Gary, and I dare say we'll end up doing the same when someone in government wakes up to what's going on o_O :thumbsup:

Thanks for the clarification, Jack and Ron. :) So am I right in concluding that my lambsfoot senator does in fact have a rounder nose than all of my other lambsfoots except for my rosewood Union Jack that my wife and daughter bought for me in York.
View attachment 1459989

Great pic of your flock GT :cool: Yeah, that's it, although Union Jack should have an angular nose too :thumbsup:

How did you do that, Jack? :eek::D:thumbsup: As I read the thread this week, I was ecstatic to see that Harvey dropped in several times! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (My multi quotes in this post don't reach forward that far though.)

I think it must have been the magic word my friend - 'Doughnut'! :D Great to see Harvey here :) :thumbsup:

My wife and I will do Thanksgiving with just the 2 of us. And we advised our daughter last time we Skyped that her coming for Christmas was probably not a wise decision. :(

Sad, but true :( :thumbsup:

You beat me to Joshua's post by several hours, Jack, but I DID think something very similar when I saw it! :rolleyes::p

LOL! I bet you did! :D :) :thumbsup:

Everytime is the right time for a Hartshead Barlow. :)

While there is certainly some wonderful creations of art nouveau from the late 1800s up to WWI, I really prefer the art deco era roughly dating between WWI and WWII.
Some knives (especially one off customs) can show some beautiful flowing art nouveau characteristics, but most traditional knives present an art deco look, and well before art deco was established as a specific art form.

A fine compliment of geometry in these two.

View attachment 1460163

5K Qs 5K Qs

Thanks Gary! Simon and Garfunkel have a way of making a dark lyric sound appealing musically, don’t they? The boys are all better now, thanks!

Good Evening Guardians. Hello Jack.It’s been awhile. My wife developed conjestive heart failure, and we have been working on her recovery, which is progressing nicely. Along with the pandemic and elections, we’ve become rather reclusive. Even grew a civil war era, beard.:) Hope everyone is doing OK.

J. Rodgers&Sons

Despite my absence from various forums and photography, I’ve maintained my interest in seeking out Lamb Foot knives, with the J. Rodgers being a prime example. I also bought some Sheffield knives books to further my education.:)
Unity (What the World needs now).

Seeing you back in this thread can't be beat, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
Sorry to read about your wife's health issues, but I'm happy she's improving. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
We've missed your superb images of fascinating old knives! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
The jigging on your Unity takes a back seat to no knife! ;):thumbsup::cool:

I suppose I'll NEVER be promoted to the next rank in the Guardians since I refuse to even attempt to shave with a lambsfoot as our Chief Guardian does! :eek::(

Super sunny fall photo of your jigged bone WCLF, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
(You should post it in one of those fall knife photo threads.:))

Hey Guardians, are you ready for the Critter Spam-Apocalypse ? :D
Your Canadian Creature Collection is a treat, Dan. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Our local zoo closes for the season starting Monday, so having your photos "archived" here will be a welcome winter substitute.

Good afternoon Guardians! :thumbsup: I'm giving this beautiful 2017 Guardians Special some pocket time today. :) Y'all stay safe out there my friends! :) :thumbsup:

50378409001_d46b440638_c.jpg
That horn brings the heat, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Been gone from the Guardian Thread for a bit. It's almost Friday and I wanted to class up my pockets a lil! Cheers!
81xgfLA.jpg
Your ebony is sweet, Taylor! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

2017 Guardians Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

VsR4BAp.jpg
The "explosion" on your horn Guardians lambsfoot gives me a fleet heart beat, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Your wood HHB is very neat, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I counted 33 socks. I hope I missed one.
qs8VaEn.jpg
I always think of an odd number of socks as indicating that I have a spare, rather than I'm missing one. :rolleyes:
If you did laundry that included 33 socks, you've earned your (toffee) wings! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've been carrying LamBarJack, my rosewood HHB all week:
hhb2.mark.windchime.flash.jpg

- GT

That sounds great Ron, I hope it was a good game :) You are a very skilled photographer too ;) :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend. I have plenty to do today, including trimming the would-be walking staffs I picked up yesterday. before they go away to dry out. It isn't raining, so I'll sit out in the garden to do that. As always, I have some housework to do :rolleyes: Also some actual work :rolleyes: I'm sure, I'll find a bit of time to hang out here though ;) Have a peaceful and relaxing Sunday Guardians :) :thumbsup:

We0Yi7G.jpg
Thanks for the compliment Jack! :)

I've been enjoying doing some work out in the garden this morning...

Gfn2ZZZ.jpg

But I've just come indoors for my Sunday Sausage Sammich :D ;) :thumbsup:

y1U5fTB.jpg
Great photos pal! :thumbsup:

"Hello, darkness, my old friend ..."
Ron and Joshua, I really admire the dark stag on your HHB and AC, respectively! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Love that rambling rose, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT
Thanks Gary! :) :thumbsup:

That horn brings the heat, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I've been carrying LamBarJack, my rosewood HHB all week:
View attachment 1460237

- GT
Thanks Gary! LamBarJack :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back