Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good day Guardians. Hope that you and yours are doing well!
full

Your knife knowledge is amazingly comprehensive, Jack!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hilarious pic of Eleanor chilling with the paper! :D:thumbsup::cool:
Barrett, I've never had a "Peanut Rounder", but I'll bet I'd like it! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm fond of peanut brittle, and often get some for Christmas. But as cudgee cudgee and Jack Black Jack Black note, it's not a tooth-friendly treat. :(

Dan, I've been contemplating getting a scooter similar to yours for commuting to campus and moving around town at a pace a little faster than walking. I'm currently walking 8-9 miles per day, which takes me about 2.5 hours, so that's a substantial chunk of time. Can one travel on a scooter twice as fast as walking? Can I train myself to ride a scooter that far? How frequently do you "switch pushing legs" (every hour, every mile, every 5 pushes)? Any features you recommend I look for as I start shopping for a scooter?

Your ebony lamb looks exquisite! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Congrats on your new devices, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm not very familiar with camping equipment; what is the "box" on the left?

:D:thumbsup::cool: Great-looking stag HHB, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That stew looks tasty, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Sorry to read that your lambsfoot wanted some. :rolleyes: That oaf fellow hasn't been lurking and infecting you with his knife-dropping symptoms, has he?? :eek:;)

During the winter, I walk with a Groucho Marx-like forward lean, so that my center of gravity is in front of my feet. I figure that if I slip, I'll fall forward instead of backward, and I'd rather break my wrists than my skull.

"Hello, darkness, my old friend ..."
Ron and Joshua, I really admire the dark stag on your HHB and AC, respectively! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Joshua, hope the boys are feeling much better by now.

José, that's a dramatic display of your delightful dozen of lambsfoot knives! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Striking knife, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (Like a great white whale! ;))

Splendid stag lambsfoot, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :)
Naming twins after a brutal Mongol raider/emperor seems like it would put a lot of pressure on the kids! :rolleyes:
Glad to hear that Rachel seems to be resilient. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: My school's plan at the start of the semester was to start with in-person classes and try to make it until Thanksgiving, and switch to all online classes for the final 3 weeks of the semester so students didn't have to come back to campus after going home for Thanksgiving. (I didn't think we'd make it nearly that long before having to suspend in-person classes.) But the state health department outlawed all face-to-face secondary and postsecondary classes starting this past Wednesday, a week ahead of my institution's plans. Kind of a relief, to be honest!

Thanks for the clarification, Jack and Ron. :) So am I right in concluding that my lambsfoot senator does in fact have a rounder nose than all of my other lambsfoots except for my rosewood Union Jack that my wife and daughter bought for me in York?
View attachment 1459989

Hang in there, Bill. ;):thumbsup: I read that you plan to try some one-eyed painting; are you still golfing with one eye stitched closed??

How did you do that, Jack? :eek::D:thumbsup: As I read the thread this week, I was ecstatic to see that Harvey dropped in several times! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (My multi quotes in this post don't reach forward that far though.)

My wife and I will do Thanksgiving with just the 2 of us. And we advised our daughter last time we Skyped that her coming for Christmas was probably not a wise decision. :(

Thanks, José. :) The other side of the knife doesn't have stag as nice.

You beat me to Joshua's post by several hours, Jack, but I DID think something very similar when I saw it! :rolleyes::p

Love that rambling rose, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Dwight. :)
Did you put together your model trucks, or did they come fully assembled? Do they represent vehicles with which you've had personal experience? Very cool! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Congrats on another lovely lambsfoot, Rob! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT
Haha, the one eyed painting went ok but it was a challenge for me not to make a mess out of it.:confused: No golf for me yet. Because of my lack of depth perception I might hurt somebody...like myself!:eek::D

Good morning Guardians and all. Today I picked up my Ebony Jack Black SFO Lambfoot knife.:) I think I'll carry this one for awhile. Nice slim profile and I've got it good and sharp.:thumbsup:
IMG_2746.JPG

I am going to have to stop trying to balance knives on the edge of pans and bowls to take photos :rolleyes: My ebony '18 got well-dunked in the steaming pan of chilli I've got bubbling away on the stove, and it's full of firey Scotch Bonnets! :eek:

iw4LxdQ.jpg

Just applying first-aid :rolleyes:

a2vxn5i.jpg

Don't they have squirrels in Argentina then? I thought the little blighters had got everywhere. :D

There were none in the central region of the country where I grew up.
I did a little search on google and it seems that there are a couple species, the Bolivian and Brazilian squirrel that may be found in the north area bordering those countries.

I found out too that an invasive species from Asia, the Palla's squirrel was introduced in an area of the Buenos Aires province and it is causing some trouble as most invasive species do.

Dan, I've been contemplating getting a scooter similar to yours for commuting to campus and moving around town at a pace a little faster than walking. I'm currently walking 8-9 miles per day, which takes me about 2.5 hours, so that's a substantial chunk of time. Can one travel on a scooter twice as fast as walking? Can I train myself to ride a scooter that far? How frequently do you "switch pushing legs" (every hour, every mile, every 5 pushes)? Any features you recommend I look for as I start shopping for a scooter?

Your ebony lamb looks exquisite! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT :)

Check the " Let's Kick Scoot" website/forum, lot's of info on scooters, I was very active on that forum a few years ago.

One of the popular scooter for adults is the Xootr scooter.
We have a couple of those .
They are super fast. Some don't like that the wheels are very hard ( that's why they are fast ) and bounce and rattle a bit if on uneven pavement. If you are not careful a branch or a little hole could send you to floor in a nanosecond. On the other hand the softer pneumatic wheels can be much harder to get moving unless they are high pressure specialized tires

That's why we always use helmets and gloves, knee pads are recommended as well.

We also have a couple of Amish scooters , hand made in Pennsylvania by the Amish. They are much bigger and not that portable though.

I think you could very easily double your walking speed and go for long distances with no much effort .... as long as the terrain is level and the pavement smooth.
I switch feet every 5 kicks or so, it takes a while to get the hang of it ( my wife still struggles with it )
Uphill is a no go on a scooter, too hard, might as well walk it.

There are reviews of scooter's on the Let's Kick Scoot website.
Check them out and pm me if you have any questions.

-----------

Happy Monday Guardians :)

FLlzZgx.jpg

6HQ3PBP.jpg

♻️

Happy Monday Guardians :)

FLlzZgx.jpg

6HQ3PBP.jpg

♻️

Fantastic pics Dan (and some great info too) :) :thumbsup:

New rock, for my modified cannonball regimen.
bGxF05J.jpg

Go for it Jer! :cool: :thumbsup:

I never thought I'd be drinking this one from a can :rolleyes: At least it's a pint can! :) I don't think I ever noticed it was 8% before :eek; Ah well, it's NEARLY the weekend ;) :D :thumbsup:

nPbVxbk.jpg

I am going to have to stop trying to balance knives on the edge of pans and bowls to take photos :rolleyes: My ebony '18 got well-dunked in the steaming pan of chilli I've got bubbling away on the stove, and it's full of firey Scotch Bonnets! :eek:

iw4LxdQ.jpg

Just applying first-aid :rolleyes:

a2vxn5i.jpg
Is that compressed air in a spray can? Where did you get that?

Pound Shop! :D And a can lasts ages! :cool: It's great for blowing the gunk out of AW knives :eek: Flood the joint with oil, blow out the joint, keep repeating until the crud stops coming out ;) :thumbsup:

Pound Shop! :D And a can lasts ages! :cool: It's great for blowing the gunk out of AW knives :eek: Flood the joint with oil, blow out the joint, keep repeating until the crud stops coming out ;) :thumbsup:
I have heard of it, and using it for cleaning the gunk out of knives, will have to track some down. Now, one good turn deserves another, instead of using oil to flush out your knife joints when gunked up, get yourself and spray can of degreaser, it works a treat. Cover the scales with a rag, spray the degreaser into the joint, leave a few minutes then blow out all the gunk with your air, might take a couple of goes, but the degreaser actually dissolves all the gunk. Don't say i don't do anything for you.o_Oo_Oo_O:thumbsup:;)

I have heard of it, and using it for cleaning the gunk out of knives, will have to track some down. Now, one good turn deserves another, instead of using oil to flush out your knife joints when gunked up, get yourself and spray can of degreaser, it works a treat. Cover the scales with a rag, spray the degreaser into the joint, leave a few minutes then blow out all the gunk with your air, might take a couple of goes, but the degreaser actually dissolves all the gunk. Don't say i don't do anything for you.o_Oo_Oo_O:thumbsup:;)

It's available everywhere. I used degreaser before oil and air, and sometimes still use it on old knives, where the grease has set, but the stuff in the knives from Wright's is just polishing paste and other crud, and I'd rather use something food-safe, and that doesn't smell so much :thumbsup:

R8a38f6.jpg

Not so much! :D ;) :thumbsup:

It's available everywhere. I used degreaser before oil and air, and sometimes still use it on old knives, where the grease has set, but the stuff in the knives from Wright's is just polishing paste and other crud, and I'd rather use something food-safe, and that doesn't smell so much :thumbsup:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

I am going to have to stop trying to balance knives on the edge of pans and bowls to take photos :rolleyes: My ebony '18 got well-dunked in the steaming pan of chilli I've got bubbling away on the stove, and it's full of firey Scotch Bonnets!
Maybe you should use some baking soda to neutralize the acid.
They sell it here in office supply stores and anywhere computer accessories are sold. Very useful for clearing dust off electronics.
Also for cat training. She hates the sound of the canned air, and will now stop playing with the cables behind the computer when I just reach for the can.

They sell it here in office supply stores and anywhere computer accessories are sold.
Thanks for that, we have been in lockdown so could not get out and they won't ship it in the mail. But now i know where to get some. You take care and look after yourself. Today we reached a mile stone, they sent the last person home from hospital who had covid, and we have not had a positive case for over 3 weeks, so unofficially we are covid free-for the moment, we have not been in this position for 10 months.

Back