Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Been laying low that last couple of days but i will get out for a walk today.:) Weather is unseasonably cool and since moving to the south I think my blood has gotten "thinner". I really feel the cold now.:eek:
Got my Ebony with me again.
IMG_2745.JPG

Jack, always nice to see your "other" lamb foot knives. What would you call this type of poster?

That's a threaded bolster Ron :) I had hoped to have one made like this one by Stan Shaw subsequently, but it was a bit like bashing my head against a wall o_O Stan has a traditional device, with a wheel, which will cut two threads in a bolster at once, and then you move it along to make more, using just hand-pressure. In the case of the Wright's bolsters, they were actually ground in, as they didn't have any bolster tools :thumbsup:

DJ17G1a.jpg

In the bigger factories, the more complex bolsters were formed in advance :thumbsup:

jlR2oTv.jpg

Been laying low that last couple of days but i will get out for a walk today.:) Weather is unseasonably cool and since moving to the south I think my blood has gotten "thinner". I really feel the cold now.:eek:
Got my Ebony with me again.
View attachment 1461924

Hope you're doing OK Bill, and got well wrapped up. I've had to stay in most of the day I'm afraid, and it's likely to be the same tomorrow. Nice ebony :thumbsup:

LOL! :D I don't know if it's the same there Jer, but here the weather forecasters don't seem to be able to get it right even 50% of the time :confused: With all the satellites and the scientific advancements, and much bigger budgets, they're no better than when I was a kid, when the BBC would wheel out some old farmer who could predict a bad winter based on the state of his bunions :rolleyes:
I can help you with this one, i am not sure how they work in other countries, but i suspect it would be a universal formula. I heard this in a radio interview on a more obscure radio station over here and not one of the mainstream, otherwise it would have never been said. Our weather bureau is government run and funded, so it is part of the huge bureaucracy, and they were interviewing the CEO, this is how they class a successful strike rate. For rain they give 2 readings, i will use inches for the point of the exercise. So they will say - Rain expected, one to two inches, they claim that they get lower or 1 inch prediction right 50% of the time, and, the upper prediction or 2 inches right 25% of the time, and they claim that as being successful, even with all their technology. Now ladies and gentleman, i will give you a hypothetical, you are working in dispatch at a knife and tool manufacturing company. Every day you have your delivery driver in his van arrive at 4pm to pick-up all your orders for delivery next day to retailers who then sell to customers waiting for there orders. So far so good, BUT, everyday you only have at best 50% of the orders ready and packed to go, or if you have had a bad hair day 25%. Question- How long do you reckon you would last?

Last edited:
Good to see you here buddy :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! I lurk often but post seldom (like you didn't know that already). :rolleyes: Always enjoy your pics and knowledge.

Very nice photo Michael.

Thank you much, Bill. Have enjoyed your HHB pics for a while now and happy to see you've expanded the gang!

Lovely lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
- GT

Thank you GT, happy to see you still multi-posting! :cool:

LOL! :D I don't know if it's the same there Jer, but here the weather forecasters don't seem to be able to get it right even 50% of the time :confused: With all the satellites and the scientific advancements, and much bigger budgets, they're no better than when I was a kid, when the BBC would wheel out some old farmer who could predict a bad winter based on the state of his bunions :rolleyes:

I can help you with this one, i am not sure how they work in other countries, but i suspect it would be a universal formula. I heard this in a radio interview on a more obscure radio station over here and not one of the mainstream, otherwise it would have never been said. Our weather bureau is government run and funded, so it is part of the huge bureaucracy, and they were interviewing the CEO, this is how they class a successful strike rate. For rain they give 2 readings, i will use inches for the point of the exercise. So they will say - Rain expected, one to two inches, they claim that they get lower or 1 inch prediction right 50% of the time, and, the upper prediction or 2 inches right 25% of the time, and they claim that as being successful, even with all their technology. Now ladies and gentleman, i will give you a hypothetical, you are working in dispatch at a knife and tool manufacturing company. Every day you have your delivery driver in his van arrive at 4pm to pick-up all your orders for delivery next day to retailers who then sell to customers waiting for there orders. So far so good, BUT, everyday you only have at best 50% of the orders ready and packed to go, or if you have had a bad hair day 25%. Question- How long do you reckon you would last?

And that, gentlemen, is why my dad always refers to them as "the Whether Men" -- don't know whether it will or won't. :p

Edit to Add: and also the observation that this is the only profession where you can be wrong most of the time and still not be fired.

m8wn8Pq.jpg

Easily one of my favorite knives. Not my most carried, but the one I always grab when there’s lots of work to be done.

Easy to see that one is well-loved :) :thumbsup:

Incredible isn't it? o_O I was using a similar analogy (mine was emptying the bins) just the other day o_O :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! I lurk often but post seldom (like you didn't know that already). :rolleyes: Always enjoy your pics and knowledge.

And that, gentlemen, is why my dad always refers to them as "the Whether Men" -- don't know whether it will or won't. :p

Edit to Add: and also the observation that this is the only profession where you can be wrong most of the time and still not be fired.

Thank you my friend :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Very good :D :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, and Happy Thanksgiving to all our Guardians in the USA :) Obviously things are going to be different this year, but I hope you all have the best time you can have. Still plenty to be thankful for, not least the Lambsfoot! ;) :D :thumbsup:

RE9XH98.jpg

As Jack said, hope all the American members wherever you are can celebrate Thanksgiving with family and friends, i hope you all have a fantastic day, although it will undoubtedly be different this year, but most of all enjoy it and stay safe.

Easy to see that one is well-loved :) :thumbsup:

Incredible isn't it? o_O I was using a similar analogy (mine was emptying the bins) just the other day o_O :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Very good :D :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, and Happy Thanksgiving to all our Guardians in the USA :) Obviously things are going to be different this year, but I hope you all have the best time you can have. Still plenty to be thankful for, not least the Lambsfoot! ;) :D :thumbsup:

RE9XH98.jpg
Jack, nice shot of your HHB. Thanksgiving Day and my Youngest daughter's birthday. She is out in Venice, California and won't be with us today, so too are our other two children away from us in other parts of this great country, so we are a bit disappointed to say the least. Hope you and all have a nice day.

Guardians and all please have a happy and safe Thanksgiving Day. Grabbed my trusty HHB...so thankful that Jack Black Jack Black and @waynorth Charlie Campagna made it possible for me to have this wonderful knife. Having some hot tea this morning to get me going for the day.
IMG_2750.JPG

Thank you much, Bill. Have enjoyed your HHB pics for a while now and happy to see you've expanded the gang!

Thank you GT, happy to see you still multi-posting! :cool:

Thanks Mike, I have added two new lamb foot knives to my gang:D. They were both gifted to me by Modoc ED Modoc ED and are Jack Black Jack Black SFO's. Great F&F based on Jack's diligence and hard work with Wright. You generally don't see this sort of quality from them.

That made my day Jack :) :D :thumbsup:

I am sure she carries a lambsfoot :cool:

uPKB8Be.jpg

Definitely Dan, she keeps it in a pouch on her belt ;) Great pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

vEmKiaL.jpg

Jack, nice shot of your HHB. Thanksgiving Day and my Youngest daughter's birthday. She is out in Venice, California and won't be with us today, so too are our other two children away from us in other parts of this great country, so we are a bit disappointed to say the least. Hope you and all have a nice day.

Guardians and all please have a happy and safe Thanksgiving Day. Grabbed my trusty HHB...so thankful that Jack Black Jack Black and @waynorth Charlie Campagna made it possible for me to have this wonderful knife. Having some hot tea this morning to get me going for the day.
View attachment 1462475

Thank you Bill :) Happy Birthday to your daughter all the way from Yorkshire :thumbsup: I'm very sorry that you can't be with her, and your other kids today buddy :( Glad you're still enjoying your Hartshead Barlow. It'll be time for me to post my annual Knife of the Year thread in a couple of weeks, and since my Hartshead Barlow has hogged my pocket this year, as it did last year, I won't qualify myself this year :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, and Happy Thanksgiving to all our Guardians in the USA :) Obviously things are going to be different this year, but I hope you all have the best time you can have. Still plenty to be thankful for, not least the Lambsfoot! ;) :D

As Jack said, hope all the American members wherever you are can celebrate Thanksgiving with family and friends, i hope you all have a fantastic day, although it will undoubtedly be different this year, but most of all enjoy it and stay safe.
Thanks, guys! I am recovering from last night's virtual visit with my brothers for our traditional Thanksgiving Eve's Drinking. It's a shame they couldn't come in person, but it is nice not to hear Ed's snoring shake the floorboards this morning. :p

My friend who usually hosts the big multi family gathering told me she's still cooking a turkey and has invited two or three people over to have dinner, served outside on the back patio. I'll carry the ebony big'un that Jack sent me. Pictures from last year:
dupZGHz.jpg

fG5awhZ.jpg

Definitely Dan, she keeps it in a pouch on her belt ;) Great pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

vEmKiaL.jpg
Hey! Who's been following me around taking pictures?!? :mad:

Back