Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

uCG0682.jpg

Looking good Jer :) :thumbsup:

Jack, love those videos of Clanadonia. My son and I watched several of them a few days back.
r8shell, sorry to hear about the horrible weather and subsequent damage from the cold temperatures in your state and others as well. I hope you guys can recover quickly.
Heading out for a good old fashioned cheeseburger and "scooped" up this fine old Hartshead Barlow to tag along.

View attachment 1514252

They're quite addictive aren't they?! :D :thumbsup:Hope you enjoyed your cheeseburger my friend :) Interesting photo of your dining companion with that cool antique scoop :cool: Is that for the fries?! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks. A few of my friends still don't have water, but otherwise we're alright. It's 75 degrees right now, and folks are out and about, trying to get things repaired.

I hope that you get everything fixed soon Rachel :thumbsup:

My smoker did its job yesterday
20210220-125026.jpg

That looks like a happy Lambsfoot :D ;) :thumbsup:

But today I have a hankering for cheese pie
20210221-153533.jpg

Mmmm! :) When I was a boy, school dinner menus were set nationally by the government, and cheese pie was a weekly treat. I don't think I've had it since :( I dare say it was a little different, but that looks delicious :) :thumbsup:

Happy Sunday Guardians!
jUTcb5S.jpg

Great pic Taylor :cool: :thumbsup:

Fine photo of your '19 amigo :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a pleasant weekend :) I had a few socially distanced beers round the fire-pit with my neighbours last night, which was nice. I also realised, contrary to what I told @donn , that I do have some crocuses in the garden! :D I hope your week gets off to a good start. Stay safe out there Guardians :) :thumbsup:

aVS8Y0M.jpg

It's so much milder here than it was a week ago, and while it hasn't been very sunny, it's been quite a nice day. I live on a really friendly street, and when it's not raining, there are always folks out in the street, chatting, gossiping, having a laugh, and playing with their kids :) I had some work to do this morning, but I found time to do some cooking, and get in a little slingshot practice ;) Just opened an Aussie Malbec, which is going down well :D :thumbsup:

bDMVHBB.jpg

It's so much milder here than it was a week ago, and while it hasn't been very sunny, it's been quite a nice day. I live on a really friendly street, and when it's not raining, there are always folks out in the street, chatting, gossiping, having a laugh, and playing with their kids :) I had some work to do this morning, but I found time to do some cooking, and get in a little slingshot practice ;) Just opened an Aussie Malbec, which is going down well :D :thumbsup:

bDMVHBB.jpg
I couldn't get a group that nice if I stood on top of the target and used a stick to poke the holes! Very nicely done, sir.

I couldn't get a group that nice if I stood on top of the target and used a stick to poke the holes! Very nicely done, sir.

Thank you :D I usually shoot at small plastic discs about 1/2" across, as it can be hard to see where the shot has gone on the black centre of the card targets. That's the first one I've used in months. Two of my ten balls did go outside the black though :thumbsup:

My mum used to have a go at all the gas baggers in the street, only thing was, she lead the pack. :D:D:D.

Sounds like my mum mate! :D :thumbsup:

Great to see you here Dylan, I have thought about you, and your fellow Oregonians, often this week. Congratulations on the new acquisitions my friend, two fine old Sheffield folders. I particularly admire the IXL, and love the jigging pattern, the great blade stamp, and the short bolster, which reminds me of Mallory's knife. It's a shame the blade isn't centred. More common Sheffield jigging pattern on the Deakin, and not quite as old as the other knife, I would guess. Strange that it had clearly been carried, and yet was so blunt. As per my previous communication, Deakin seems to have been a common name among Sheffield cutlers, and the venerable Sir Geoffrey of Tweedale references two Georges; James; Thomas; James & Thomas; Deakin Brothers; Deakin, Sons & Company; Deakin, Ecroyd, & Co; and Deakin, Reuss, & Co. I've not been able to find a reference to either a H or N Deakin, but while Tweedale is very extensive, he is not exhaustive, and I'll keep looking elsewhere. Thank you for the stunning photos, and a great report, I'm glad your efforts have finally paid off, and I hope the weekend, and the coming week, are better than the week past :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack, for the kind words and the information. I am not at all certain that the H or the N is actually an "H" or an "N" on that Deakin - I might need a jeweler's loupe to examine more closely. Still, they are both rather marvelous and I've been carrying one or the other the last couple of days.

Today, I have the IXL in the pocket - I really do love that bone. The half stops continue to throw me off a bit but the action is nice and crisp so there is little to complain about. A bit of a strop and it's quite a sharp 'un.

2oCWGCo.jpg

Talking of weather, just found this photo and it got me thinking. With all the frozen water pipes across America that i have been reading about, i wonder how these old cisterns would have held up.o_O:eek::rolleyes:.
4p8Zfd2.jpg

That's an owd 'un mate! :D When I was a lad, and we had an outdoor dunny, during the winter, my mother would put a Kelly lamp in there at night, to try and stop the pipes freezing :thumbsup:

Great to see you here Dwight, and with a fine photo as always :) I hope you're keeping well my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack, for the kind words and the information. I am not at all certain that the H or the N is actually an "H" or an "N" on that Deakin - I might need a jeweler's loupe to examine more closely. Still, they are both rather marvelous and I've been carrying one or the other the last couple of days.

Today, I have the IXL in the pocket - I really do love that bone. The half stops continue to throw me off a bit but the action is nice and crisp so there is little to complain about. A bit of a strop and it's quite a sharp 'un.

2oCWGCo.jpg

It can be hard to tell can't it? I'm am sorely in need of some new specs, and sometimes find it easier to take a photo, and then enlarge it, so I can try and read the tang stamp! :rolleyes: Please let me know if I can be of further help, as you say they are two marvellous knives :) The bone on the IXL is amazing, really nice knife :cool: It looks right at home with your new Peterson :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone's week got off to a reasonable start. A dull start to the day here, but I am hoping it brightens up a little. Not that I have much to do outdoors I'm afraid :rolleyes: I always seem to have plenty of stuff to do indoors though o_O :rolleyes: Have a good day day Guardians, my Rosewood Big 'Un is on cardboard-shredding duty ;) :thumbsup:

Not a good start! My internet connection went down just as I was about to post! :eek: Hope there's going to be no more of that o_O

51Wr0Ey.jpg

bDMVHBB.jpg
Jack, Our weather patterns must be similar as we are having very nice weather for the next 3 days:thumbsup:. In the mid-60's and sunny:D. Doesn't appear that you need much practice with your slingshot based on the target my friend:thumbsup:! Nice photo of your HHB too:D.

As for me, I am spending way too much time with lawyers these days:eek:. Not a fun thing but it's a necessary evil I guess.:rolleyes:
IMG_2686.JPG

Back