Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Just having a few ginger biscuits with my morning coffee ;)

wQoPuTn.jpg
Good morning to all. Jack, your HHB again at the ready is splendid. :thumbsup: Those ginger snaps will go nicely with a cold glass of milk or a nice hot cup of tea.;) I like your pirate mug too - I know I seen that one in past photos you've posted. :D

My HHB is with me again today as it's starting out nice and sunny here in southern coastal NC.
IMG_3132.JPG

Good morning to all. Jack, your HHB again at the ready is splendid. :thumbsup: Those ginger snaps will go nicely with a cold glass of milk or a nice hot cup of tea.;) I like your pirate mug too - I know I seen that one in past photos you've posted. :D

My HHB is with me again today as it's starting out nice and sunny here in southern coastal NC.
View attachment 1616603
Thanks a lot Bill, the pirate mug came from the gift shop of the Royal Armouries Museum here in Leeds, they must have had some sort of pirate exhibition on or something :D Glad to hear about your sunny weather my friend, great pic of your Barlow :) :thumbsup:

I'm using my old Navy briefcase to carry some of the documents we're packing in case we have to bug out for wildfires should they get close. I couldn't find the key for the briefcase but a nagging feeling had me go out to our storage shed and open a box with Navy mementos that I haven't been in for at least twenty years. I'll be danged - there it was.

Anyway, I also discovered several sets of darts and flights that I had while stationed in Edzell, Scotland. Darts are a very popular past time in the UK. I can just imagine a Sheep Herder calling in at the local pub at the end of a hard day for a pint, a dram, and a game of darts.

1628544756716.png

I'm using my old Navy briefcase to carry some of the documents we're packing in case we have to bug out for wildfires should they get close. I couldn't find the key for the briefcase but a nagging feeling had me go out to our storage shed and open a box with Navy mementos that I haven't been in for at least twenty years. I'll be danged - there it was.

Anyway, I also discovered several sets of darts and flights that I had while stationed in Edzell, Scotland. Darts are a very popular past time in the UK. I can just imagine a Sheep Herder calling in at the local pub at the end of a hard day for a pint, a dram, and a game of darts.

View attachment 1616940
How did you go at the darts???

Jack, whilst I occasionally carry another knife other than my HHB it's never "off duty" for any extended time.;) Back in my pocket again is my trusty edc HHB.:thumbsup:

I've never tried the Port Askaig Islay.o_O Whats your impression of it? The fish & chips look tasty.:D

My apologies for the late response, Bill. I’d fully recommend trying out the Port Askaig - very rich and full of complex flavors, it will do an Islay lover proud. Port Askaig offerings are distilled by the finest in Islay, I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Got in a new bottle today and thought it would go nice with some fine company.

j23jKsS.jpg

View attachment 1616940
Good arrers Ed! :D :thumbsup:
It's a great game, and you are so right. It is like home ground advantage, every pub has it's good players and it's hustlers. It's like being in a pool hall full of grafters. 🤣
As a teenager, me and my mate once got hustled by a couple of middle-aged ladies in a small English seaside pub. They suggested playing for drinks, and then promptly went and got their own darts from behind the bar, as they were in the ladies darts team! :rolleyes: They can't have been much of a team, as despite our lack of experience, we actually beat them! :D
Jack, thanks (again) for you kind words. Your HHB just gets better and better. Love that photo.
Many thanks Bill :) :thumbsup:
My apologies for the late response, Bill. I’d fully recommend trying out the Port Askaig - very rich and full of complex flavors, it will do an Islay lover proud. Port Askaig offerings are distilled by the finest in Islay, I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Got in a new bottle today and thought it would go nice with some fine company.

j23jKsS.jpg
That looks interesting Dylan, and it's great to see your Hartshead Barlow my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone's week got off to a good start. I'm having a new front door fitted this morning, if all goes to plan (the last time they brought the wrong door!). Thought I'd stick with my Hartshead Barlow - not that much thought went into it! :D Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

arCkVPb.jpg

Ive got two big Shagbark Hickory trees that hang over my deck, and the squirrels have begun their harvest! 😄 Loving this large Lambsfoot. It’s not always in the pocket but it’s always within arm’s reach. Looking forward to picking up a small one to carry more frequently. Have a great day all!07C6FE4D-EA11-46D0-B6C0-6C6F3EBD79E0.jpeg

As a teenager, me and my mate once got hustled by a couple of middle-aged ladies in a small English seaside pub. They suggested playing for drinks, and then promptly went and got their own darts from behind the bar, as they were in the ladies darts team! :rolleyes: They can't have been much of a team, as despite our lack of experience, we actually beat them! :D

My parents used to own a country western restaurant called Nashville Club in South Korea (That's a different story for another time 😁) They used to have dart tournaments between multiple pubs/bars up and down the street and they were the hottest thing in town. There were leagues and dart clubs and such....yes in South Korea lol. We used to have this Gentleman from UK (his name escapes me now) but he would bring in his own darts that resembled cigars, made of wood with huge thickness to the darts. Would throw ton 80's all night long and wow the crowds. My father had himself a set of stubby 22g darts. I couldn't even make it to the board! 😖 Just stirred up some childhood memories and wanted to share 🍻🍻 Cheers!

Starting to build up a small collection of lambsfoots!!!

ZKsAreP.jpg

Back