Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Nice work Todd, Big 'Un will get the job done :) :thumbsup:

HCjr6IN.jpg
Thanks Jack, that’s a very cool collage!
😎👍

Thanks Jack, that’s a very cool collage!
😎👍
Thanks Todd, I used to post a lot of those sort of pics :) :thumbsup:

Just been packing my babysitters kit - Slingshots, ammo and targets - check. Jerky - check. Whittling knives - check. Wood saw - check. Map and compass - check. Fire-lighting kit - check. Cord for knot-tying practice - check :D :thumbsup:

Just been packing my babysitters kit - Slingshots, ammo and targets - check. Jerky - check. Whittling knives - check. Wood saw - check. Map and compass - check. Fire-lighting kit - check. Cord for knot-tying practice - check :D :thumbsup:

Jack,

By experiment i can tell you the most useful item of a baby-sitter kit is the rope.
To tie the kids to a chair.

Dan.

In my pocket today, helping me build my deck...slowly...not that I'm putting this through any heavy use 😁

Love this thing...

O4Qfx7S.jpg
Glad you're pleased with it Ken :thumbsup:
Lovely HHB. Funny how that works, my Hartshead is the exact knife I go for when hard use is called for! 😁
Yep, you don't need to spare the horses with those Barlows! :D :thumbsup:
Waynorth in the pocket today, have a great one, Guardians!
XvPgtVB.jpg
Looking good my friend, and you've just reminded me that mine is due some pocket time :) :thumbsup:

Have had my GEC Charlie Campagna lambsfoot for just over 2 years now. This is a very special knife to me, because of it's place in cutlery history being the first lambsfoot made in America, but more importantly the effort made by 2 members to allow me to purchase one, that act of kindness will never be forgotten and highlights one of the great things on the porch. When i received it i did a road test so to speak, with slicing, chopping and just general use, it was never going to be a safe queen which Charlie was delighted with. It came very sharp out of the tube and has stood up to all tasks required of it, only being stropped for over 2 years, but it did lose it's sharp apex, you could see it under a microscope with some very fine micro-chips. So it was time to be taken to the stones , was not difficult but i had to be careful and it took me over an hour. I did not want to bugger up the original bevel angle, and it is so fine at 1/32 of an inch wide, so no room for error. I taped up the whole blade to avoid scratching it then got the bevel angle exactly as it came from the factory, that took about 15 minutes to get it perfect. Any way very happy with the final edge, is exactly as it came, and is super sharp, took a while to get rid of the wire edge, but under the 60x magnification of my hand held micro-scope it is the crispest edge you could get, and razor sharp. Really glad i could get it back to such a level of sharpness without changing the original bevel. Doubt i could of done it without my new sharpener.
8i97l57.jpg

xlmA57i.jpg

wzfeJGf.jpg

Have had my GEC Charlie Campagna lambsfoot for just over 2 years now. This is a very special knife to me, because of it's place in cutlery history being the first lambsfoot made in America, but more importantly the effort made by 2 members to allow me to purchase one, that act of kindness will never be forgotten and highlights one of the great things on the porch. When i received it i did a road test so to speak, with slicing, chopping and just general use, it was never going to be a safe queen which Charlie was delighted with. It came very sharp out of the tube and has stood up to all tasks required of it, only being stropped for over 2 years, but it did lose it's sharp apex, you could see it under a microscope with some very fine micro-chips. So it was time to be taken to the stones , was not difficult but i had to be careful and it took me over an hour. I did not want to bugger up the original bevel angle, and it is so fine at 1/32 of an inch wide, so no room for error. I taped up the whole blade to avoid scratching it then got the bevel angle exactly as it came from the factory, that took about 15 minutes to get it perfect. Any way very happy with the final edge, is exactly as it came, and is super sharp, took a while to get rid of the wire edge, but under the 60x magnification of my hand held micro-scope it is the crispest edge you could get, and razor sharp. Really glad i could get it back to such a level of sharpness without changing the original bevel. Doubt i could of done it without my new sharpener.
8i97l57.jpg

xlmA57i.jpg

wzfeJGf.jpg

Nice work. :thumbsup: I always find the first time sharpening any knife the most daunting (matching the factory bevel or setting my own, little differences you can detect between how it was sharpened at the factory and how I sharpen, etc.), and I sometimes like to take my time with it like that. After I’ve sharpened a knife once, though, and got it to where I like it, touch ups always seem quick and easy after that.

Nice work. :thumbsup: I always find the first time sharpening any knife the most daunting (matching the factory bevel or setting my own, little differences you can detect between how it was sharpened at the factory and how I sharpen, etc.), and I sometimes like to take my time with it like that. After I’ve sharpened a knife once, though, and got it to where I like it, touch ups always seem quick and easy after that.
Thanks. Being such a special knife as i'm sure you would understand just did not want anything to go wrong. But as you also know, just take your time, Patience is the most important word in sharpening, and probably the least practiced. :)

8i97l57.jpg

xlmA57i.jpg

wzfeJGf.jpg
Great post Leon :) Nice work my friend :thumbsup:
For me too Barrett, and that first sharpening can often take a lot longer, particularly where a knife has been badly sharpened at the factory. After that, it's much easier, particularly with a straight-edged blade like a Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:
Thanks. Being such a special knife as i'm sure you would understand just did not want anything to go wrong. But as you also know, just take your time, Patience is the most important word in sharpening, and probably the least practiced. :)
Isn't that the truth?! :thumbsup: Also, knowing when you need to set it aside, and come back to it another time, I think :thumbsup:

Good afternoon Guardians, I was on child-care duty from 8.00am-3.30pm, and have survived more or less intact! :rolleyes: :D We had a walk, a good long slingshot session in the woods, did some map-reading and compass work, and then knot-tying - all before lunch! :D Now, back at home, I've just picked a bunch of blackberries from the back garden, and now I have to cook pasta, as we've decided to start watching The Sopranos yet again! :D Hope everyone has had a good day. Reckon I'll sleep tonight! ;) :thumbsup:

Also, knowing when you need to set it aside, and come back to it another time, I think :thumbsup:
Yes sir. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I will quite often take a break and make a cuppa or do something else, you come back refreshed. Also, if you don't take a break, you tend to start rushing to get it finished, then you make mistakes.
You sure have a sophisticated approach to sharpening!!😲
My dear old Dad drummed into me mate, if you are going to do something do it once and do it properly, and always have the proper tools.👌:)
Hope your recovery is going well. Rehab can be a pain. 😍

Back