Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

We had a walk, a good long slingshot session in the woods, did some map-reading and compass work, and then knot-tying - all before lunch! :D

Sounds like a great way to keep them busy and learning Jack :thumbsup:
When it comes to knots I must have a mental block or something as I can not for the life of me remember more than perhaps 3 knots ( and that's because I started fishing again )
It was always like that, since my boy scouts time and I am a little self conscious about it to be honest lol
If your adoption comes through you are going to have to spend some time with me teaching me knots as well :thumbsup: 😁

Since you gents mentioned sharpening, I usually put a 15 or 17 degree per side on my blades. Most of my Lambsfoot lovelies are at 17 degrees, the factory edge was anywhere from 19 to 21 degrees (sometimes on the same blade). I use a Wicked Edge guided sharpening system and on every new knife I will determine the edge angle using a sharpie first then decide if I'll stay with factory edge or regrind to either 15 or 17 degrees. The HHB is the only one I didn't fiddle with but since the previous owner did sharpen it, I will have to check and see.

And I still am!! 😊
I'm glad it's serving you well, Leon!! You sure have a sophisticated approach to sharpening!!😲

Thank you!! As long as we are into adages ; Slow but steady is winning the race!! 😊
Great to see you here Charlie, and I'm glad you're doing well my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thankfully I had my Barlow to help free my sparkling water drinks :). Hope everyone is having a great day. View attachment 1618500
Looking good Jon :) :thumbsup:
Yes sir. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I will quite often take a break and make a cuppa or do something else, you come back refreshed. Also, if you don't take a break, you tend to start rushing to get it finished, then you make mistakes.

My dear old Dad drummed into me mate, if you are going to do something do it once and do it properly, and always have the proper tools.👌:)
Hope your recovery is going well. Rehab can be a pain. 😍
Absolutely mate, the same with sharpening when you're tired. Your dad gave you a lot of good advice Leon :) :thumbsup:
Once again... Would you be my babysitter please. 🙏
LOL! :D I'll have to ask my dad first! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Sounds like a great way to keep them busy and learning Jack :thumbsup:
When it comes to knots I must have a mental block or something as I can not for the life of me remember more than perhaps 3 knots ( and that's because I started fishing again )
It was always like that, since my boy scouts time and I am a little self conscious about it to be honest lol
If your adoption comes through you are going to have to spend some time with me teaching me knots as well :thumbsup: 😁
It was a good day Dan, I enjoyed it :) I usually look after them a few days a year, but the pandemic put a stop to that, so I haven't seen them as much as usual :) Bearing in mind your many other talents, that's strange about the knots. I'm not sure I would remember them as well now myself though, if I was learning them today. I still remember my old fishing knots, even though I haven't used them for many decades. I took to climbing knots straight away, but I had a pal who struggled, so he bought himself a 3ft length of climbing rope, and used to practice in the bath! :D Fingers crossed on the adoption my friend! :D ;) :thumbsup:
Since you gents mentioned sharpening, I usually put a 15 or 17 degree per side on my blades. Most of my Lambsfoot lovelies are at 17 degrees, the factory edge was anywhere from 19 to 21 degrees (sometimes on the same blade). I use a Wicked Edge guided sharpening system and on every new knife I will determine the edge angle using a sharpie first then decide if I'll stay with factory edge or regrind to either 15 or 17 degrees. The HHB is the only one I didn't fiddle with but since the previous owner did sharpen it, I will have to check and see.
25 degrees on some. :)

Sounds like a good system Ted :) I'm afraid those wheel-ground edges can be terribly uneven. I know the Sheffield cutlers (at least some of them) can get it right if they take more time, and pay attention, but they are used to having to rush, and also to being able to get away with bad edges because of a lack of QC. Some of them also lack skill :( Of course it's not just in Sheffield where that is the case :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I slept like a log last night! :D I hope everyone has had a good week. Mine has been pretty busy, and I've no shortage of things to do today. I thought I'd carry my Charlie Lamb today, as cudgee cudgee pointed out, this really is a historic knife. What an achievement Charlie waynorth waynorth , well done my friend :) :thumbsup:

tXcpBoi.jpg

In my years of sharpening, it is more common than people realize. o_O

Good to see it in your " Sky Rocket ":D, and getting some use and patina.:cool::D

Yeah, seen some terrible edges! :eek: I'd rather they left them blunt than mess them up :rolleyes:

Thanks pal, hope you're doing OK :) :thumbsup:

They're driving cattle down my road this morning. There's no water on the National Forest so they'er bring them down to the home ranch. We're in a heck of a drought. Note all the brown in the picture. Our front lawn is in the forefront and brown as all get out. Normally, the wife has it very green but I'm not watering this year at all. I don't want to take a chance of running our well dry so, it's brief showers and dish washing once a day. Note the cattle dog in the lower left of the picture.

1628871627958.png

I grabbed a large heavy knife for this occasion instead of this Lambsfoot but I'm sure the Lambsfoot will make it into my pocket before the day is out.

1628871903392.png

It's never too late for breakfast ;) :D :thumbsup:

j8PstBm.jpg
Jack, please forgive my insensitivity and I mean no disrespect but like British humor I just don't always understand the cooking. 🙂 Indivually, I like everything in this photo but not expecting baked beans for breakfast or sliced up cherry tomatoes with home fries.o_O I'll have to try it...I guess. I'm not in love with putting mayonnaise on French fries either but I know that it is popular in Europe.:eek: Love the WCLF.:thumbsup:

I need to become more cultivated.

Jack, please forgive my insensitivity and I mean no disrespect but like British humor I just don't always understand the cooking. 🙂 Indivually, I like everything in this photo but not expecting baked beans for breakfast or sliced up cherry tomatoes with home fries.o_O I'll have to try it...I guess. I'm not in love with putting mayonnaise on French fries either but I know that it is popular in Europe.:eek: Love the WCLF.:thumbsup:

I need to become more cultivated.
LOL! :D Here in Britain, baked beans are associated more with breakfast than any other meal, and it was only when I started posting on The Porch that I realised that wasn't the case everywhere Bill! :D We tend to think of baked beans as an American dish, but in fact far more baked beans are eaten here than anywhere in the world! :) The fried cherry tomatoes ended up with the diced and spiced fried potatoes because I was a bit lazy serving it up! :D I can't stand mayonnaise! :D Thanks my friend :) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone is OK, and that you have a great weekend ahead. I'm waiting on an important delivery here, but hoping to get out for a walk in the woods later. Have a great Saturday Guardians :thumbsup:

vBwENsP.jpg

That's not my breakfast, I took the pic the other night! :D :thumbsup:

Back