Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Ive got two big Shagbark Hickory trees that hang over my deck, and the squirrels have begun their harvest! 😄 Loving this large Lambsfoot. It’s not always in the pocket but it’s always within arm’s reach. Looking forward to picking up a small one to carry more frequently. Have a great day all!View attachment 1617163
That's a great seasonal pic Todd :) I'm still hoping for some summer here! :rolleyes: ;) :D :thumbsup:
R2tcBrg.jpg
Old Toffee Wings is always a treasure to behold Her :cool: :thumbsup:
My parents used to own a country western restaurant called Nashville Club in South Korea (That's a different story for another time 😁) They used to have dart tournaments between multiple pubs/bars up and down the street and they were the hottest thing in town. There were leagues and dart clubs and such....yes in South Korea lol. We used to have this Gentleman from UK (his name escapes me now) but he would bring in his own darts that resembled cigars, made of wood with huge thickness to the darts. Would throw ton 80's all night long and wow the crowds. My father had himself a set of stubby 22g darts. I couldn't even make it to the board! 😖 Just stirred up some childhood memories and wanted to share 🍻🍻 Cheers!

Starting to build up a small collection of lambsfoots!!!

ZKsAreP.jpg
Wow Ken, that's quite a story! :cool: I have a friend who was brought up in Germany, by her German dad and Korean mom. After they passed, some years back, she went out to visit her Korean relatives, with her English boyfriend. They told me that within 20 minutes of arriving, they were in a bar, surrounded by her extended family, singing karaoke! :D That's a nice flock my friend :) :thumbsup:

friend who was brought up in Germany, by her German dad and Korean mom.

That is also funny to me 😁 Whenever I travel to Germany to visit my wife's family, her father always stays up till like 1 am watching Eurosport channel that has the dart competition. I love watching that with him. It literally is in a large pub hall!!!

That is also funny to me 😁 Whenever I travel to Germany to visit my wife's family, her father always stays up till like 1 am watching Eurosport channel that has the dart competition. I love watching that with him. It literally is in a large pub hall!!!
I must confess that I've never watched much televised darts Ken, but I think the 1980's may have been the height of darts athleticism, when seriously overweight men threw their darts with a cigarette in the mouth, and drank a dozen pints to increase their accuracy - and that was in the world finals! :D :thumbsup:

I must confess that I've never watched much televised darts Ken, but I think the 1980's may have been the height of darts athleticism, when seriously overweight men threw their darts with a cigarette in the mouth, and drank a dozen pints to increase their accuracy - and that was in the world finals! :D :thumbsup:

What? I've seriously played darts the time i've spent in Bradford (Yorkshire). I wasn't that bad, no one was hurt by one of my darts, and if i well remember, smoking cigarettes and drinking beer was part of the rules. If i never won a game it's because i wasn't heavy enough for lack of training. The overweight of the champions is necessary for a good balance during the throw. Everybody knows that. Jack, with all due respect, do you really know the high technical standards of this sport?

Dan.

What? I've seriously played darts the time i've spent in Bradford (Yorkshire). I wasn't that bad, no one was hurt by one of my darts, and if i well remember, smoking cigarettes and drinking beer was part of the rules. If i never won a game it's because i wasn't heavy enough for lack of training. The overweight of the champions is necessary for a good balance during the throw. Everybody knows that. Jack, with all due respect, do you really know the high technical standards of this sport?

Dan.
When were you in Bradford Dan, that's right on my doorstep (though very different to Leeds these days)?! :D You make some very good points my friend, I do remember the time Jockey Wilson confessed to using Performance Enhancing Drugs by heavily dosing his Coke with vodka (several pints on the side of course) :D ;) :thumbsup:

🤣 🤣 🤣 :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I'm finding it hard to believe it's only Wednesday! :eek: :D But since it is, I thought I'd carry this 'un ;) Have a great day Guardians :thumbsup:

UxHvdZ0.jpg
That is my ideal career. :cool: :cool: :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. Reading comics for the Comic Code Authority to make sure they are approved for reading by all. OH YEAH, where do i go for the interview.:D:D:D:D:D:D

When were you in Bradford Dan, that's right on my doorstep (though very different to Leeds these days)?! :D You make some very good points my friend, I do remember the time Jockey Wilson confessed to using Performance Enhancing Drugs by heavily dosing his Coke with vodka (several pints on the side of course) :D ;) :thumbsup:
A long time ago, in 79. I remember it was an irish town with pakistaneese restaurants. The weather was fine enough for a Breton, the backcountry was beautiful and around the town there were the red bricks walls and chimneys of old factories along the canals, beautiful. I stayed in Bradford longer than expected for a love affair. It was a nice time, i had worked hard, lived frugally and saved money for five years with the idea to travel in Europe. Well, most of the time has been spent in Great Britain and Ireland, i felt so free , it was so nice, why bother going elsewhere?

Dan.

That is my ideal career. :cool: :cool: :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. Reading comics for the Comic Code Authority to make sure they are approved for reading by all. OH YEAH, where do i go for the interview.:D:D:D:D:D:D
LOL! :D That vintage comic was a kind gift from my pal H herder :D :thumbsup:
Great "Wooden Wednesday" carry my friend. :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot Bill :) :thumbsup:
A long time ago, in 79. I remember it was an irish town with pakistaneese restaurants. The weather was fine enough for a Breton, the backcountry was beautiful and around the town there were the red bricks walls and chimneys of old factories along the canals, beautiful. I stayed in Bradford longer than expected for a love affair. It was a nice time, i had worked hard, lived frugally and saved money for five years with the idea to travel in Europe. Well, most of the time has been spent in Great Britain and Ireland, i felt so free , it was so nice, why bother going elsewhere?

Dan.
Thanks for sharing that Dan :) That's a funny description of the town, and yet quite accurate then! :D I was travelling myself at that time, around Europe and the Middle East. I spent a lot of time in Bradford and Keighley in the 1980's, and I liked it so much, I thought about moving to Keighley from Sheffield. The past few decades have not been kind to Bradford I'm afraid, and now it's the sort of place people move away from, rather than move to :( I'm glad you have such happy memories of West Yorkshire :) :thumbsup:

NfKAN7l.jpg

Best I could do in this morning's light.
I mean, note the subtle evocation of evanescence.
Big 'Un takes some beating Jer ;) :thumbsup:

Supermarket shelves are kind of empty here at the moment, due to a shortage of delivery drivers apparently :rolleyes: It took me a while to get hold of some Yorkshire Tea for Tyson A Wright Tyson A Wright , even though Taylors of Harrogate is just up the road from me. I managed to get some this morning, so, Tyson, your Yorkshire Day giveaway Lambsfoot will be on its way as soon as I can get to the post office :thumbsup:

A couple of months ago, my pal asked me if I'd have his 3 kids on a couple of days. He gave me the dates, which were OK, but I missed the fact they were both Thursdays, so I'm going to have to miss another couple of trips to the market :( Looking forward to seeing the kids, but it'll make for a long day :thumbsup:

oQNYzWN.jpg

Big 'Un takes some beating Jer ;) :thumbsup:

Supermarket shelves are kind of empty here at the moment, due to a shortage of delivery drivers apparently :rolleyes: It took me a while to get hold of some Yorkshire Tea for Tyson A Wright Tyson A Wright , even though Taylors of Harrogate is just up the road from me. I managed to get some this morning, so, Tyson, your Yorkshire Day giveaway Lambsfoot will be on its way as soon as I can get to the post office :thumbsup:

A couple of months ago, my pal asked me if I'd have his 3 kids on a couple of days. He gave me the dates, which were OK, but I missed the fact they were both Thursdays, so I'm going to have to miss another couple of trips to the market :( Looking forward to seeing the kids, but it'll make for a long day :thumbsup:

oQNYzWN.jpg
Take the little wretches to the market for some life lessons!

Back