Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

The sun came out with a vengeance here this afternoon, waiting until I had just decided to go and pick a few more blackberries :rolleyes: I usually cut back the nettles, and rip out as much bindweed as I can before the blackberries arrive, but with all the rain we've had this past week, the nettles have really shot up.

zAULHUa.jpg

At first, I used my Hartshead Barlow to chop them back, having stropped the edge yesterday. Eventually though, I went indoors to get a much bigger knife, and a pair of gardening gloves. Wish I'd thought to change out of the new pair of green 5.11s I was wearing too. They didn't get as stained as my gloves, but they're in the washing machine now! :rolleyes:

N15o2ON.jpg

Looks like blackberry crumble again tonight ;) :thumbsup:

XK4sHJi.jpg

The sun came out with a vengeance here this afternoon, waiting until I had just decided to go and pick a few more blackberries :rolleyes: I usually cut back the nettles, and rip out as much bindweed as I can before the blackberries arrive, but with all the rain we've had this past week, the nettles have really shot up.

zAULHUa.jpg

At first, I used my Hartshead Barlow to chop them back, having stropped the edge yesterday. Eventually though, I went indoors to get a much bigger knife, and a pair of gardening gloves. Wish I'd thought to change out of the new pair of green 5.11s I was wearing too. They didn't get as stained as my gloves, but they're in the washing machine now! :rolleyes:

N15o2ON.jpg

XK4sHJi.jpg
What a great photo Jack. :thumbsup: I enjoy looking at it. :) Don't know why it strikes me but may because I used to go Raspberry and Blackberry picking with my grandpa when I was tike.:) You HHB looking good as always.:thumbsup:

What a great photo Jack. :thumbsup: I enjoy looking at it. :) Don't know why it strikes me but may because I used to go Raspberry and Blackberry picking with my grandpa when I was tike.:) You HHB looking good as always.:thumbsup:
Thank you Bill, it must be luck, as I snapped the first photo on my phone, and could barely see the screen! :D Those sound like happy memories my friend :) I remember going blackberry picking with my dad, which is strange, as he really didn't take a lot of interest in his kids. I remember going bilberry picking with my mother and grandmother too, and occasionally raspberry picking :) I think I liked the bilberries best, but you sure do need a lot to make a pie! :D :thumbsup:

The kids are off skool here until early September, and my mate has the week off work, so we are going for a walk with his two kids tomorrow, and we are hoping to swing a pint with lunch ;) If I don't get time to post in the morning, I'll have my Hartshead Barlow with me ;) :thumbsup:

kHrbdYP.jpg

zAULHUa.jpg

N15o2ON.jpg

XK4sHJi.jpg

Looks like a good bunch of blackberries, Jack! :thumbsup: I hope the stains come out of your 5.11’s easy enough. I bought some new shorts this summer from Duluth Trading Co made with their Flex Fire Hose material. I like the shorts, but have found that it’s incredibly difficult to get grease/oil stains out of them. 🙄

The other day I finished up the last bottle of Sam Smith’s I had hiding in the fridge. I think I might need to pick up some more. 😁 (These are old photos.)

M40RpTQ.jpg

ALvhk97.jpg

smwDQZU.jpg

Pile side. 🙃

jb8eSsN.jpg

Looks like a good bunch of blackberries, Jack! :thumbsup: I hope the stains come out of your 5.11’s easy enough. I bought some new shorts this summer from Duluth Trading Co made with their Flex Fire Hose material. I like the shorts, but have found that it’s incredibly difficult to get grease/oil stains out of them. 🙄

The other day I finished up the last bottle of Sam Smith’s I had hiding in the fridge. I think I might need to pick up some more. 😁 (These are old photos.)

M40RpTQ.jpg

ALvhk97.jpg

smwDQZU.jpg

Pile side. 🙃

jb8eSsN.jpg

I reckon I have had about 5 times that already Barrett :) Just put another crumble in the oven! :D Thanks mate, they're drying, but look OK. Fingers crossed! :) I know what you mean about stains, I remember getting something on a grey linen shirt the first time I wore it. I think I've only worn that shirt 3 or 4 times, but I bet it's been washed at least a dozen times! :rolleyes: :D You did well to keep that Sam Smiths so long buddy, I still have some beers I bought around the same time, but it's because I didn't really like them! I bought £200's worth of beer off a friend of mine, who has a small brewery, a year ago, and I think I've drunk 2 bottles! :rolleyes: That's a nice selection, both of beers, and Lambsfoot knives, particularly nice to see that rare 2018 Horn SFO :cool: I'm just having a bottle of Saltaire Brewery South Island Pale, which looks a lot like this ;) Better make sure I don't burn that crumble! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

5udp9yp.jpg

You did well to keep that Sam Smiths so long buddy, I still have some beers I bought around the same time, but it's because I didn't really like them! I bought £200's worth of beer off a friend of mine, who has a small brewery, a year ago, and I think I've drunk 2 bottles! :rolleyes: That's a nice selection, both of beers, and Lambsfoot knives, particularly nice to see that rare 2018 Horn SFO :cool:

Thanks, Jack. I have a bad habit of buying a four or six pack of beer and drinking most of them, but letting a bottle or two get shuffled to the back of the fridge for me to rediscover like a year later. 🙄 😁

Thanks, Jack. I have a bad habit of buying a four or six pack of beer and drinking most of them, but letting a bottle or two get shuffled to the back of the fridge for me to rediscover like a year later. 🙄 😁
:D :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack, Joshua and R8shell for all your care and helpful advice!

I always if possible pinch my Knives open, i just like it better, obviously a lot of the smaller Knives and their blades- especially if a Multiblade you cant get to the Blades to pinch open.
R8shel, I probably wont touch the knife apart from following Cambertree's ( Chin ) advice, I just looked up the posts that Jack kindly put up for me ( Thank you again Jack my friend) and I will go through those steps, I don't have any of the abrasive pastes, but I am sure with gently filing or sanding the corner of the back of the Tang - as it is the initial opening of the Knife that is the Culprit- I don't mind resistance when closing the Knife- a lot of the Times when working I will use my Knife and the Close the Knife with one Hand simply by turning it around and pressing it on my Hip then straight into the Pocket, sounds weird until you see it- its pretty basic and I am sure others would do this too.
Thank you Jack and Chin, Joshua and R8shell :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack, Joshua and R8shell for all your care and helpful advice!

I always if possible pinch my Knives open, i just like it better, obviously a lot of the smaller Knives and their blades- especially if a Multiblade you cant get to the Blades to pinch open.
R8shel, I probably wont touch the knife apart from following Cambertree's ( Chin ) advice, I just looked up the posts that Jack kindly put up for me ( Thank you again Jack my friend) and I will go through those steps, I don't have any of the abrasive pastes, but I am sure with gently filing or sanding the corner of the back of the Tang - as it is the initial opening of the Knife that is the Culprit- I don't mind resistance when closing the Knife- a lot of the Times when working I will use my Knife and the Close the Knife with one Hand simply by turning it around and pressing it on my Hip then straight into the Pocket, sounds weird until you see it- its pretty basic and I am sure others would do this too.
Thank you Jack and Chin, Joshua and R8shell :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Same here mate :) I picked up a sample for another Hartshead Barlow sample 18 months back, and what a badly-made knife it was! :eek: The edge was the ugliest I have ever seen (below), and the only way I could get the blade open was with pliers. It wasn't wearing in so, I worked on the tang some, which allowed me to pinch it open. Still got that rotten edge though! :mad: If I got that as a sample for a 150 knife run, what chance does the average punter have? :thumbsdown:

lvLuRbN.jpg

dqOJKLD.jpg

Looks super tasty Joshua, and a great pic of your AC my friend :) :thumbsup:
Took a few months, but finally replaced my ebony regular. Happy Monday Guardians!

KWmtrD4.jpg
How're you finding it Mike?
Thanks. I may not be a shepherd, but it's a healthy flock ;)

L3tAgcq.jpg
Wow Mike! I didn't realise your flock had grown so much :cool: Really nice photo mate :) :thumbsup:
long day at work... I deserve some pie. ;)
Definitely! :) Less pi, more pie! :D ;) Looks great John :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, just calling in on my way out the door! ;) Have a great day Guardians :thumbsup:

RvCBrfT.jpg

Back