Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

That would be my guess too. ;)

Hope you are too, Jack. :)
Of course, I wish I was fishing instead of working... Dreaming of this.
Hope you can get to the river soon buddy :) :thumbsup:

I've enjoyed carrying the J jsdistin Giraffe Bone Lamb today, but I think I'm going to switch back to my Hartshead Barlow tomorrow :) :thumbsup:

61v6XaM.jpg

How do you buy a good quality Lambsfoot these days as it looks like COVID has really impacted things?

Are there any reliable retailers that will screen out the rougher knives? Or am I better off ordering a premium knife?

Hey Sid, you can't ask that stuff here, it's against the forum rules. You can ask by private message though :thumbsup:

It looks like Taylor Eye Witness (TEW) has better availability. How is their quality compared to A Wright these days? It looks like A Wright is a real crapshoot in terms of quality and availability from UK suppliers seems really scarce. I'm sure this is driven by COVID issues in a significant way. Is TEW quality good these days?

Is TEW quality good these days?
Please read post #1 in this thread Sid. The availability of stock sold by dealers is not something we discuss here, particularly as no stockists of Lambsfoot patterns support BF. Quality is another issue. TEW have had problems for some years now, being more of a vendor than a manufacturer, and importing many of the knives in their range from China. They quit their historic works in Sheffield a few years back, and were homeless for a while, before moving to a relatively small modern warehouse. Even before they left their old works, they were using outworkers, and have even had knives made for them by other Sheffield manufacturers. Their Premier range was, for some years, made for them by local cutler, Russell White. The knives seem to be of high quality, and priced accordingly. They also sell a standard range, and a budget one. All their knives are stainless. Fit and finish seems to be a notch above Wright's generally. A company called Eggington have knives made for them using the old Joseph Rodgers and George Wostenholm IXL marks, they are also stainless. Quality varies, but perhaps not quite as much as Wright's. I hope this information is helpful, and feel free to ask anymore questions about quality, design, etc, but NOT availability, price, stockists, etc. If you start by reading the first post in this thread it will help in terms of future posting, and there are also a number of threads stickied at the top of the page. If you ever decide to become a paid member of BF, feel free to PM me, and I'm sure our other Guardians will also be happy to help. The Lambsfoot is a great pattern, and while picking up an example might be less straightforward than other patterns, many of us believe it is worth the effort :thumbsup:
As I promised earlier, here’s my whole flock 😃 for now. I just ordered a Michael May but it’s going to be a while before I receive it.
View attachment 1663725
Great pic my friend, that's a very nice stock :) I'm glad you're enjoying your Lambsfoot knives :) :thumbsup:
That is exactly what I did and you can see the results of the Guardian’s knowledge and guidance pictured above. 🙏 These folks rock!
It's great having you here! :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone's week is going OK. I'm, going to head into town shortly, and pick up some shopping, might get lunch while I'm there ;) Got my Hartshead Barlow in my pocket :) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

kwKpjp9.jpg

Last edited:
Good-looking Big 'Un Jer :) :thumbsup:
Have a great day, Jack.
Can't wait to see some lunch pictures.

Good Morning Guardians
Thanks a lot John, that's a cool pic my friend :) Hope you're having a great day yourself :thumbsup:

I was going to have Thai for lunch, but when I got to the restaurant, it was earlier than I had realised, and they weren't open yet. As it was raining, I decided to go into Leeds market, and get some of my favourite Vietnamese pho. It made me think of Cambertree Cambertree , who I know is a fan, it's been a long time since he last posted here, I hope he's OK, and looking forward to a good summer :) :thumbsup:

Ow1BtPJ.jpg

Back