Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I'm looking forward to going down to the market tomorrow, and hoping the cake stall is there this week! :D I think I'm going to put my Bagpipe Ebony Lambsfoot on cake-cutting duty ;) :thumbsup:

VepV6hD.jpg

I don't think any of that motley crew would be out of place hanging out in Leeds Market! :D In fact, put some ink on the big piper, and it could be my pal! 🤣 :thumbsup:
A very fine choice today, Jack:thumbsup:. My wife and I are going to a Christmas show in Myrtle Beach, SC and stay overnight (we'll be going out for libations after the show so driving is verboten😬. However, I will be carrying my Bagpipe Ebony tonight and tomorrow too. :thumbsup:
IMG_2935.JPG

LOL! :D Ace Barrett! :cool: Great to see your Hartshead Barlow too :) :thumbsup:
I have a blades-on-book pic with that book somewhere, but I don’t believe it was with a Lambsfoot, so of course I won’t be posting it here. 🤫
- Old man shakes fist at knife! 🤯😁:thumbsup: -
Wow, y’all really have been getting some snow there! 😲☃️🥶 I can certainly think of worse places to get snowed in. 😁
Me too, I just heard some folks in Denmark got snowed in while shopping in IKEA! :eek: I imagine they've had to send in Search & Rescue teams to find them! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:
We’ve had fairly mild weather here in Minnesota so far this fall/winter. My boots, which I wear daily this time of year, have been well overdue for a little TLC. I finally got around to it today. The Lambsfoot helped cut some new paracord laces.

H1yD6ME.jpg

Mr4AXQD.jpg
Hasn't that made a difference? :) Nice pic Barrett :) :thumbsup:
Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel and Nikwax Conditioner for Leather.
I used to know Nick Brown of Nikwax :thumbsup:
Normally I just melt the end with a lighter, making sure to fuse the outer layer with the inner strands, but when doing laces for these boots, I have to use the lighter to melt a longer portion of the outside of the paracord to mimic those little plastic ends of shoelaces, otherwise I can’t get them through the eyelets (which I wish were all just D-rings like the bottom set).

FE7Hvsx.jpg
Interesting :cool: I've not melted Paracord in that way before. I have a few pairs of boots which lace like that, and they're a faff. More so with wet, muddy boots, and cold hands I imagine :thumbsup:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I have never had much success with the lighter trick, but i will try your way.

Just doing the end (like on the left in that pic) has always worked well for me, and I’ve used it for a lot of knife lanyard/fobs that have lasted years and are still going strong. You just have to do it long enough to make sure it all melts together.
I seal Paracord all the time. I use Firecord a lot too, but it's trickier to seal. I'm told the fumes given off by the Paracord are carcinogenic, which is why stores have a sealing device, or at least some of them do :thumbsup:
A very fine choice today, Jack:thumbsup:. My wife and I are going to a Christmas show in Myrtle Beach, SC and stay overnight (we'll be going out for libations after the show so driving is verboten😬. However, I will be carrying my Bagpipe Ebony tonight and tomorrow too. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1693363
Thanks Bill, I hope you have a great time :) That's some fine-looking ebony :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good day. It's been sunny here, but very cold. It was fun on the market, but I forgot to take a pic of my chips and gravy! :D :thumbsup:

De0iraP.jpg

Picked up a few bits and bobs :thumbsup:

UZHa86p.jpg

LOL! :D Ace Barrett! :cool: Great to see your Hartshead Barlow too :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack! 🙂

Me too, I just heard some folks in Denmark got snowed in while shopping in IKEA! :eek: I imagine they've had to send in Search & Rescue teams to find them! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Eleanor would probably think that sounds great; she loves IKEA! 🙄😁

Hasn't that made a difference? :) Nice pic Barrett :) :thumbsup:

I put it off longer than I should have this time around, they were looking a bit rough! 😲

Interesting :cool: I've not melted Paracord in that way before. I have a few pairs of boots which lace like that, and they're a faff. More so with wet, muddy boots, and cold hands I imagine :thumbsup:

Yeah, those eyelets are the only thing I really dislike about these boots, but with the makeshift aglet (vocab word of the day 😁) on the paracord they work well enough I suppose.

They also tend to chew up laces pretty bad, as you can tell from my before photo. 🙄

I seal Paracord all the time. I use Firecord a lot too, but it's trickier to seal. I'm told the fumes given off by the Paracord are carcinogenic, which is why stores have a sealing device, or at least some of them do :thumbsup:

I hadn’t heard that about paracord, but based on the smell, it wouldn’t surprise me. 😳

Those cleaned up nicely. 🤠 :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Going with my Ebony Charlie Lamb today.

Thanks, John. Your Ebony Waynorth is looking great! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack! 🙂

Eleanor would probably think that sounds great; she loves IKEA! 🙄😁
:D :thumbsup:
Yeah, those eyelets are the only thing I really dislike about these boots, but with the makeshift aglet (vocab word of the day 😁) on the paracord they work well enough I suppose.
'Aglet'! That's good to know Barrett, I always like a new word :cool: :D :thumbsup:
I hadn’t heard that about paracord, but based on the smell, it wouldn’t surprise me. 😳
I doubt it's a problem unless you're inhaling it all day :) :thumbsup:

5BXEV4P.jpg

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone has made it through the week OK. It's dull and overcast, so far, today, but I'm meeting up with my pal, for our regular Friday morning coffee and cake session :) I'm then heading into town, as I need to buy a few things, not least some Xmas cards - can't believe how fast time is ticking away :eek:

Carrying this J jsdistin re-build in giraffe bone today :) Have a good one folks :thumbsup:

u5Q8ZoQ.jpg

JohnDF JohnDF mentioned in a recent post that the Christmas season and its decorations provides more opportunities for knife photos. My lambsfoot this week is my rosewood Union Jack, and I'll post a few old seasonal pics of it in the next 3 days. Today's photos seem to feature ceramic decorations.
UJ.4chickadees.jpg
UJ.candydish.jpg
UJ.ceramictree.jpg

- GT

Back