Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Looks like you already have...great photo.

Nice photo, Dwight is that a vacuum tube?

Jack, with that one in your pocket it couldn't be any thing other than a great day!!!

That is a nice sculpture piece, OG, might be worth researching...the Lambsfoot is also!

Wonderful springtime

Another striking photo, Dwight, hope your week is the same.
Have a good Monday, Guardians. I took this photo on the way back from running and playing with Dutch. I wanted to show the Front Range but was unable to get the detail I wanted. I try again today going to the range to punch holes in paper:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:
IMG_1037.JPG
Thank you, sir.:thumbsup: Nice country you're in there!

Never had a bad one yet. But haven't tried their IPA!

Lovely pic with the flower, Mark. :thumbsup:

I was just emptying out the bin!

That is very much like the image I remember from the 80's Jose :)

Great pic Mark, hope your week goes OK :) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Classic John :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful photo Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend, you sure have some space there, great pic :) Have a great day :) :thumbsup:

m5W6zVU.jpg

It’s a beautiful knife Jack! :thumbsup: :)

Great photo of your Ironwood there Mark! :thumbsup: :)

Thanks Jack! :) It’s a great problem to have when we have so many beauties to carry that some end up getting neglected! ;)
Thanks Vince, Jack and Ron!:thumbsup:

That sculpture...What a treasure.

@Pt-Luso I like the way your green Lamb isn’t just green, but two tone. Very attractive.

Ramrodmb Ramrodmb The reflection of the flower on the blade makes your nice image even nicer.

Fodderwing Fodderwing Your use of light makes for an attractive Lamb shot, Dwight.

@pjsjr Your Lamb looks like it’s at “home on the range,” making for a great environmental portrait.

Jack Black Jack Black I’ll never tire looking at your Stag D. The “War Games” images are great fun to see.

@JohnDF That’s a fun shot of your Lamb.

@flatblackcapo Two great things to look at for the price of one.

Half/Stop Half/Stop That’s a clean and beautiful looking Stag Lamb.

@dc50 The colors of your Lamb blends beautifully with the painting.

Have a Good Day Guardians!

Thanks, Harvey! ;)

It was great to see the Damascus in its rough state, then polished, where the blade is shiny, but you can still see the pattern if you look very carefully, and then after treatment :) :thumbsup:

I am really excited to hear about peoples experience with how the Damascus sharpens up and performs. I bet it takes a good edge.:thumbsup:

Very nice! I was wondering when these would start popping up. I was tempted by the stag but opted for the snakewood version :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Can't wait to see it, Darren.:thumbsup:

Another picture of my Guardians 19, because I love this knife!;):thumbsup:

29krh2f.jpg
Another beauty, Jose!:thumbsup:

Yes, high plains lamb drifter, would be accurate.
I punched 'reply' to soon:confused::confused: Here's a view out my 'backyard', at times I have up to 25-30 Pronghorn grazing when the rancher is not running his cows
Beautiful Big Sky Country. Magnificent Preston.

Yes , we just started on the Project . Finally got the brass ball off . Should start making chips tomorrow . I hope that the wood is not real hard . Will get the other TEW involved right away .
Okay Harry you said brass ball. You wouldn't be talking about the walking stick you were carrying in the Rendezvous pics? Just a guess mind you.

Spectacular mail call this evening...what a beauty! :eek: Thank you Jack Black Jack Black for making this happen :) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1107075
View attachment 1107076 View attachment 1107077
Oh my Darren that is so utterly fantastic. :eek:

Beautiful Big Sky Country. Magnificent Prest

Okay Harry you said brass ball. You wouldn't be talking about the walking stick you were carrying in the Rendezvous pics? Just a guess mind you.
:eek:
Good guess my friend .
Some better pictures of the few that I have made :
Mine
Ron's ( Half/Stop Half/Stop
Harry
Edited 4-9-2019 at 12:27 P.M. : Removed pictures per JackBlack's request because there were knives that were not Lambfoot in them .

Harry

Last edited:
So, I have been hunting around to see if anyone has supplied North American with a Lamb Foot knife in the last 100 - 200 years!! Here is an Empire, a scant 3" knife!! I'd call it a Lamb Foot, though I cannot find it in the catalogs that I have. Precedes WWI perhaps, and is shown here with a nice Snakewood A.Wright for comparison. Smallest Lamb Foot I have seen to date!!
Empire 3 inch comp 1.jpg

Last edited:
I suspect close to WWI, Harvey. The handle looks like African Blackwood, with the grey "cast" in it. I'd love to see it in a catalog!

herder sent me a catalog cut with a Washington Cutlery Co brand knife that looks like a Lambfoot, although it is called a sheepfoot!
Lambsfoot Washington 1905_20190224_0001 (1400x705).jpg

Yikes guys, I have a haunted Lambsfoot! :eek: I had it spinning all the way round, but it's hard to do that and film at the same time :D
I wonder how that happened, it seems to be the only one?! :eek: I know that if you strike an iron nail at a certain angle, you can magnetize it. Perhaps it is the same with Damascus! :confused: :cool: :thumbsup:
Great - first the BFO, now poltergeist :eek:

I suspect close to WWI, Harvey. The handle looks like African Blackwood, with the grey "cast" in it. I'd love to see it in a catalog!

herder sent me a catalog cut with a Washington Cutlery Co brand knife that looks like a Lambfoot, although it is called a sheepfoot!
View attachment 1107154
That is too cool. It’s fascinating to me, the difficulty of getting a complete picture of the history of the Lambsfoot pattern. It’s like archaeological research. Of course I’m only guessing, but perhaps the original Sheepsfoot pattern was adapted over time to regional needs for the Lambfoot pattern, and then somehow it migrated.

Maybe I should test my knives!

You never know, might be common! :confused:

Another picture of my Guardians 19, because I love this knife!;):thumbsup:

29krh2f.jpg

Beautiful photo Jose, I love the contrasting grain :thumbsup:

Gorgeous pic Dwight, hope the weather picks up ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks, that Dami Lami is certainly a looker...need to see more of the blade, please. Yes, Jack, truly wide open spaces. I went to a machine gun shoot, the rancher stated that there was nothing down range for eleven miles. Some participants brought small, 75 mm, howitzers.

Looks like you and Vince could have the market cornered:cool::cool:

Some great background for that great looking Lambsfoot!

Thanks, Harvey, it really is ' home on the range' around here.

OK, thanks

That's a nice one Harry, it just begs to be carried!

Wonderful, OG, congrats on getting your Dami Lami so fast and thanks for the great pictures.

Great photo, Dylan, Vince and John want you to know you're a bit behind on your cap collection:D:p:D

I'll try to take some more pics Preston (this thread is a full-time job at the moment) :thumbsup: That is incredible! :eek: I used to shoot at a range in suburban Sheffield, we were always having to repair the back-stop. It was an old building, owned by the university, otherwise I don't think it would have been there. I doubt it is now :(

Maybe it's one strike on the pile side to magnetize, one on the mark side to de-magnetize.;)

I read the other post Dwight where you stated it was a light bulb of some sort. Yes, high plains lamb drifter, would be accurate.
I punched 'reply' to soon:confused::confused: Here's a view out my 'backyard', at times I have up to 25-30 Pronghorn grazing when the rancher is not running his cows.
IMG_1040.JPG

Could be! :D That is just incredible Preston :) :thumbsup:

Spectacular mail call this evening...what a beauty! :eek: Thank you Jack Black Jack Black for making this happen :) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1107075
View attachment 1107076 View attachment 1107077

Wow! :cool: Glad it made it OK Darren, and thanks for the spectacular pics :) :thumbsup:

This will make my Tuesday brighter:
G5Ltp2c.jpg

Sure will :) :thumbsup:

So, I have been hunting around to see if anyone has supplied North American with a Lamb Foot knife in the last 100 - 200 years!! Here is an Empire, a scant 3" knife!! I'd call it a Lamb Foot, though I cannot find it in the catalogs that I have. Precedes WWI perhaps, and is shown here with a nice Snakewood A.Wright for comparison. Smallest Lamb Foot I have seen to date!!
View attachment 1107152

It has been a hunt taking place over several years hasn't it Charlie? :) Interesting Empire :) Does it have parallel sides? From your photo, I'd hesitate to call that a Lambsfoot, particularly with the atypical size, and lack of designation by the cutler. Be great to see more pics of it Charlie :thumbsup:

View attachment 1107154

I'm glad you have seen those cuts my friend, I was very interested to see them when our friend @herder shared them with me :) The lower knife looks very much like a Lambsfoot doesn't it, particularly when compared to the knife above, but then Sheepsfoot knives come in all shapes and sizes? :thumbsup:

Great - first the BFO, now poltergeist :eek:

We need Lambsfoot Ghostbusters! :D :thumbsup:

Maybe it was Uri Gellar.

LOL! :D A friend of mine intereviewed him 20 years ago - mad as a box of frogs! :D :thumbsup:

That is too cool. It’s fascinating to me, the difficulty of getting a complete picture of the history of the Lambsfoot pattern. It’s like archaeological research. Of course I’m only guessing, but perhaps the original Sheepsfoot pattern was adapted over time to regional needs for the Lambfoot pattern, and then somehow it migrated.

You'll learn a lot from reading the history parts of this thread Harvey :thumbsup: I've been working on a Lambsfoot article for some months, but this thread take up a lot of time! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Good guess my friend .
Some better pictures of the few that I have made :

Thanks Harry :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back