Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

YUS64pp

Not as pretty as some but a recent purchase in ebony,
YUS64pp.jpg

Almost perfect but for a step between blade and spring 1.5mm (16th") ,which given how perfect the rest of the knife is slightly annoying. As is my inability to create thumbnails.

EMkpZ3X.jpg

YUS64pp

YUS64pp.jpg

Almost perfect but for a step between blade and spring 1.5mm (16th") ,which given how perfect the rest of the knife is slightly annoying. As is my inability to create thumbnails.

EMkpZ3X.jpg

Nice knife :thumbsup: Under-blading is very traditional on Sheffield knives (and not just Sheffield knives). It has been discussed among the knife-makers here on BF in the past, on The Porch, and, possibly, in this thread. I had a long discussion with Stan Shaw about it at the behest of @JDWARE , who under-blades his own folders (eg https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/guardians-of-the-lambsfoot.1406735/page-40#post-17117571). It is done to prevent over-blading, where the blade rises up due to wear. In the past the design of knives was very much influenced by how they would wear with extended use :thumbsup:

Will the article be in Knife Magazine, Jack? (I just subscribed).

I don't know, I haven't written it yet Vince! :D But I would hope so ;) :) :thumbsup:

Nice knife :thumbsup: Under-blading is very traditional on Sheffield knives (and not just Sheffield knives). It has been discussed among the knife-makers here on BF in the past, on The Porch, and, possibly, in this thread. I had a long discussion with Stan Shaw about it at the behest of @JDWARE , who under-blades his own folders (eg https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/guardians-of-the-lambsfoot.1406735/page-40#post-17117571). It is done to prevent over-blading, where the blade rises up due to wear. In the past the design of knives was very much influenced by how they would wear with extended use :thumbsup:
Interesting information, Jack. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

YUS64pp

YUS64pp.jpg

EMkpZ3X.jpg

I don't know, I haven't written it yet Vince! :D But I would hope so ;) :) :thumbsup:

I could be wrong, but I think W willisoften is talking about the gap between the blade tang and the brass liner.

Happy Tuesday, Guardians!
JdUP6Od.jpg

Spectacular mail call this evening...what a beauty! :eek: Thank you Jack Black Jack Black for making this happen :) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1107075
View attachment 1107076 View attachment 1107077
Oh boy, on boy, oh boy, that is just superb, gorgeous and down right good looking, Darren. I'm anxiously awaiting mine...more pictures please while I drool and wait
Beautiful Big Sky Country. Magnificent Preston.

Okay Harry you said brass ball. You wouldn't be talking about the walking stick you were carrying in the Rendezvous pics? Just a guess mind you.

Oh my Darren that is so utterly fantastic. :eek:
Thank you Dwight,
So awesome! Hope mine will be here ASAP
Oh, me too!
You never know, might be common! :confused:

Beautiful photo Jose, I love the contrasting grain :thumbsup:

Gorgeous pic Dwight, hope the weather picks up ;) :thumbsup:

I'll try to take some more pics Preston (this thread is a full-time job at the moment) :thumbsup: That is incredible! :eek: I used to shoot at a range in suburban Sheffield, we were always having to repair the back-stop. It was an old building, owned by the university, otherwise I don't think it would have been there. I doubt it is now :(

Could be! :D That is just incredible Preston :) :thumbsup:

Wow! :cool: Glad it made it OK Darren, and thanks for the spectacular pics :) :thumbsup:

Sure will :) :thumbsup:

It has been a hunt taking place over several years hasn't it Charlie? :) Interesting Empire :) Does it have parallel sides? From your photo, I'd hesitate to call that a Lambsfoot, particularly with the atypical size, and lack of designation by the cutler. Be great to see more pics of it Charlie :thumbsup:

I'm glad you have seen those cuts my friend, I was very interested to see them when our friend @herder shared them with me :) The lower knife looks very much like a Lambsfoot doesn't it, particularly when compared to the knife above, but then Sheepsfoot knives come in all shapes and sizes? :thumbsup:

We need Lambsfoot Ghostbusters! :D :thumbsup:

LOL! :D A friend of mine intereviewed him 20 years ago - mad as a box of frogs! :D :thumbsup:

You'll learn a lot from reading the history parts of this thread Harvey :thumbsup: I've been working on a Lambsfoot article for some months, but this thread take up a lot of time! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Great to see your sticks Harry, but this is the LAMBSFOOT thread. Could you be kind enough to use pics that don't include other knife patterns please? If you don't have pics, you can always add a link to a post in the Lounge or elsewhere :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack, I know this thread and all involved is like a full time job for you and want you to know that it is appreciated by myself and all who post here.
Had to dash out to the docs earlier (just a routine asthma review), so didn't have time to post my carry today. Going with my AC. Have a great day Guardians :thumbsup:

DemBEpM.jpg
Incredible stag on that AC...

YUS64pp

YUS64pp.jpg

EMkpZ3X.jpg
Nice, big pictures...we don't need no sticking thumbna
Good Morning Guardians... Hope today is a sweet one.

Wonderful photo John, well done. I use to love that type of candy.

You do have to stay busy, my friend...get right on that:D
Good morning Guardians, hope the week is going well for you.

Rosie came along for the range trip. It was a good day at the range, but, I need to learn more about long range shooting. Specifically, how to better use my scope. The reticle on mine is Leupold's Tactical Milling Reticle and the adjustments are MOA(minute of angle),very confusing for me. Just means that I have to go more often:D:p:D
DSC_0274%5B1%5D.JPG

Looking good Dave :) :thumbsup:

Nice, big pictures...we don't need no sticking thumbna

Wonderful photo John, well done. I use to love that type of candy.

You do have to stay busy, my friend...get right on that:D
Good morning Guardians, hope the week is going well for you.

Rosie came along for the range trip. It was a good day at the range, but, I need to learn more about long range shooting. Specifically, how to better use my scope. The reticle on mine is Leupold's Tactical Milling Reticle and the adjustments are MOA(minute of angle),very confusing for me. Just means that I have to go more often:D:p:D
DSC_0274%5B1%5D.JPG

Too right! :D :thumbsup:

Sounds like a great time Preston, what sort of ranges were you shooting at? I like the pic, Rosie must have had fun :) :thumbsup:

Thanks. I prefer black licorice as a sweet treat but the students don't like it much. :D

Good reason to stick to liquorice! :D :thumbsup:

Canada's favourite candy according to what I saw on the internet! :D :thumbsup:

Now I'm curious, what were they called?

I'm sorry John, I really can't remember :( I haven't really eaten candy (we differentiate between 'sweets' and 'chocolate bars', and then stuff like toffee, fudge, marshmallows, and liquorice is different - in Sheffield, they say 'spice', or 'goodies'! :D) since I was a kid, in fact when I bought some for Barrett @btb01 a while back, it was the first time I'd bought any in decades :D I do sometimes have a piece of chocolate, but I go for the posh, dark stuff, and a bar would last me weeks :thumbsup:

Back