1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Congratulations Jordan! :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Dwight :) :thumbsup:

2. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Big congratulations X2 Jordan. Exciting!

@Fodderwing Thank you Dwight.:)

3. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    No early morning trip to the market for me this Thursday as I am finally getting my boiler fixed (it needs a new pump). Hoping to get down there later, and then going out for dinner, so I think I'm going to go dressy ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, TFBraden, donn and 12 others like this.
  4. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
  5. Jordan@DLT

[email protected] Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Jul 22, 2014
    Thank you everyone! I am unbelievably excited!

6. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    I love listening to baseball on the radio! :thumbsup: We've finally got some beautiful cigar weather here in Minnesota, but I haven't sat down and enjoyed one yet.

That one looks like it's spent a few decades in a pocket, Harry! :D

Did you sneak in to Jack's place and take that picture on his kitchen table?! :eek: :D

Entertaining stuff, Jack, and fantastic photos! Thank you for sharing! I wonder if the international knights travel with their own horses, or ride "local" horses? (The UK team might have a bit of an advantage if it's the latter! o_O ;)) I know there are specialty airlines that transport horses (for Olympic equestrian events and such), but I'm sure it's very expensive.

(This new forum system sure makes quoting photo-heavy posts difficult! :mad: :rolleyes:)

Who knew we had so many Eleanors/Ellies between us? :D

I don't have any new Lambsfoot content to post, so I'll just repost this picture of my Eleanor assessing my Ironwood Guardians Lambsfoot.

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, TFBraden, donn and 16 others like this.
  7. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    As far as I'm concerned, baseball is the only sport that really works on the radio. It's like they were made for each other. You need good announcers, though.

peanutsxx, btb01, tmd_87 and 4 others like this.
  8. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I don't follow sport much, but I used to enjoy listening to boxing on the radio (enjoy watching it too) :)

My kitchen table is not too bad at the moment Barrett, but I have a very large box full of all the knives I've picked up which would otherwise be on the table to remind me to clean them. Of course, since they're in the box, I kind of forgot about them :rolleyes:

Thanks Barrett, I did wonder about the horses, which were absolutely amazing. They were all trained and supplied by a firm called Atkinson Action Horses, the riders seemed to be pretty familiar with them though (we were closest to the Canadian team). They supply horses for films, and also put on their own shows (from a quick look at their website): http://actionhorses.co.uk/ There's some videos online too, eg:

(Better get Dave @Horsewright back in here to have a look at that ;) )

The Royal Armouries did have their own horses and riders, who put on free displays several times a day, falcons and handlers, a resident armourer and a gunsmith, but they all got made redundant a few years ago :(

Such a great pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

donn, btb01, JohnDF and 4 others like this.
  9. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    https://i.imgur.com/hDV3any.jpg
    Here's my Eleanor with her knife:
    [​IMG]
    She'll graduate to a lambsfoot eventually!

[Not a real knife, so I hope it doesn't violate the non-lambsfoot knife rule!]

10. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Such a cool pic Vince, you need to make her a Lambsfoot! :D I have a photo of my granddaughter (Ellie's daughter) running around with a plastic ninja sword on her first birthday :D :thumbsup:

cigarrodog, OLd_gUY, tmd_87 and 3 others like this.
  11. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for posting the links and vids Jack. Amazing footage of the most majestic of creatures.

12. zolthar

zolthar Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Congratulations Jordan! That's great news :)

13. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Exciting news. Congratulations.

14. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    CONGRATS!!

15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Dwight, I haven't spent much time around horses, but they are certainly beautiful creatures. My daughters can ride, but I never did, no money for that kind of thing when I was a kid. I know it's different for rural folks :) An Irish friend of mine once invited me up to his farm in Scotland, and asked me if I could ride a horse. At the time, I thought it was the daftest question in the world, and told him, "Of course I can't, I'm from Sheffield!" :D Actually, several members of my family were in cavalry regiments, but I'm not sure they'd have gotten to ride horses though, not most of them anyway :rolleyes:

16. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    The way she’s handling it, it does look like it’s HER knife. Great portrait of Eleanor.

17. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Congratulations in double Jordan, good luck for the boys!!!:):thumbsup:

18. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I'm with you there, Jack. I remember back in the day, there was no cable or satellite TV, so unless you went to a theatre for a pay per view, the only way to experience title fights was on the radio. I have fond memories of listening to the Joe Frazier vs. Jimmy Ellis heavyweight title fight in November of 1970 on the radio. Smokin' Joe was a favorite of mine.

donn, cigarrodog and Prester John like this.
  19. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    A great boxer Jeff, I always think that it's a shame there's no statue to him in his home town, while there's a statue to an imaginary boxer :(

20. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    So I went to bed last night just before 2am, which was about 12 hours ago
    During that time, there have been 64 posts in this thread :eek: No wonder it takes me so long to catch up. Maybe I should just sleep in this chair :)
    That is just stupendous! Mucho congrats to you and the Mrs. :cool: Better start saving up though 'cause you'll have to buy 2 of everything :)
    Couldn't agree more. The supposed #1 radio announcer for the Giants is too wordy for me and seems to like to hear himself talk. He'll start talking about ships in the bay ad nauseam, rather than stick to calling the game. I like the other guy though, and Duane Kuiper is a great radio announcer :thumbsup:
    Glad to hear you are feeling better. If your pills are like mine, just watch out for the constipation blues :confused:
    Ground_1024aA_HDR.jpg
    OG

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    peanutsxx, TFBraden, donn and 12 others like this.