Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

The weekend is upon us. Going to the range to qualify to renew my concealed carry license today. Y'all have a great weekend.View attachment 1117759

Happy shooting! :thumbsup:

Taking Pearl to the Liverpool match? Maybe she can sing You'll Never Walk Alone with the crowd. ;)

Good grief no. If you turned up at a Premier League soccer match with a WMD like a pocket knife you'd end up face down in a puddle with 4 coppers pointing assault rifles at your head...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ETNd8RS.jpg

I had a senior moment the other day. I tried to stand up from a footstool without pulling or pushing anything. I got maybe 2/3 up before pitching sideways into the fireplace. No fire, mercifully. It took me a while to crawl out over my dumbbells.
But I can't be old yet because my only injury was a minor scrape on one thumb-knuckle!

Good Lord watch yaself there Jer. I've lost count of the folk who end their days in their fireplaces after tipping into them standing up from their favourite fireside chairs.:eek:

LOL! Perhaps mate :D I seem to spend half my time trying to get my camera to focus in the right place :rolleyes:

kebab.jpg

(It took me 15 minutes to find a family-friendly image of Blackpool! :eek: :D :thumbsup:)

LOL Jack! I wish the chap who took that photo had chosen somewhere else to focus :D
Thanks for the information on the Crookes family; very interesting :thumbsup:

That's a good one David! :D Nice pic too :) :thumbsup:

donn donn That is such a nice image of your Lambsfoot, David.

Thanks chaps. It was taken on the doors of Edgar Tower, gateway to Worcester Cathedral Close.
It was originally the gateway to Worcester Castle, the Bailey of which had been built by the Beauchamp family on cathedral grounds. In 1217 Henry III confiscated the Castle Bailey and returned the land to the cathedral leaving Edgar Tower where it was. Without a bailey the castle was near enough useless as a stronghold, and gradually fell out of use; eventually being razed to the ground.
L2xbtHm.jpg

2fWIV4X.jpg

9Uz14VR.jpg

Good morning, Guardians!
j1e9ov5.jpg

(Pic from earlier this week.)
Spring is here! Hope everyone has a great weekend. :)

It was here. We had horizontal hail yesterday and it's forecast 4c tomorrow. :(
I'll just have to keep looking at that cracking shot of yours to remind me that somebody somewhere is having nice weather. :)

LOL Must be a world-wide epidemic goin' around. Just spent 5 min. or so looking for my cigar cutter this morning before I found waiting patiently for me in an ash tray :)

That is just plain SCARY:eek:

Happy Friday, Guardians. Hope your weekend is a great one.
OG
View attachment 1117928

That's pretty much every northern working class town on a weekend :D

Great looking record player there OG :thumbsup:. Now you've found your cigar cutter you can light one up and enjoy it listening to some tunes. :D

Good grief no. If you turned up at a Premier League soccer match with a WMD like a pocket knife you'd end up face down in a puddle with 4 coppers pointing assault rifles at your head...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Kind of the same here, I guess. Have to leave the knives behind at hockey games, and I hear that Major League Baseball now has metal detectors and bans knives. We have a minor league team in my city, but I will leave the knives at home or in the car next time I go just in case they now have the same policy. :(

HEY - I knew Animal too (and Tiny and Smooth Boy, among others). I'm guessing, every club has an Animal and a Tiny. As I recall these guys didn't live up (or down) to their names. ;)

Ray

Yeah, so true! :D OK, I didn't know Smooth Boy! :D I bet some of those guys lived up to their names though! :eek: :D A couple of guys started calling me Slim years ago (40 years ago!), I'm sure glad that didn't stick! :D :thumbsup:

Kind of the same here, I guess. Have to leave the knives behind at hockey games, and I hear that Major League Baseball now has metal detectors and bans knives. We have a minor league team in my city, but I will leave the knives at home or in the car next time I go just in case they now have the same policy. :(

I missed David's post, but yeah, he's right! :eek:

HEY - I knew Animal too (and Tiny and Smooth Boy, among others). I'm guessing, every club has an Animal and a Tiny. As I recall these guys didn't live up (or down) to their names. ;)

Ray
Gang members have interesting names, too: Rooster, Smurf, Psycho, Joker, Mouse, Comino, Bumpy, Patas, etc. I don't think they get to choose the name themselves!

Gang members have interesting names, too: Rooster, Smurf, Psycho, Joker, Mouse, Comino, Bumpy, Patas, etc. I don't think they get to choose the name themselves!

Yeah, only the sad ones get to choose their names themselves! :D I watch a lot of foreign language films, and like the way that in some cultures, everyone has a nickname, and sometimes for the unlikeliest of reasons :) My favourite gang ;) :D :thumbsup:

Don't have an opinion about him really. It seems that most of his fans are women!

Yes absolutely. My dad was a Sinatra fan, and wouldn't tolerate any other singers, male or female, they were all derided as "Club singers!" :rolleyes: The sort of clubs he was referring to are a bit of a past phenomenon in Northern England, Working-Men's Clubs, inexpensive members-only venues, which were owned by the members, sold cheap beer, and in the 'Function Room' had mediocre comics and cabaret singers performing, between the sets of 'Bingo'. They've all got to start somewhere right?! ;)

(I just spent @ 30 minutes trying to find you a 'suitable' outtake from a British TV comedy series called Phoenix Nights, but failed :( )

Yeah, only the sad ones get to choose their names themselves! :D I watch a lot of foreign language films, and like the way that in some cultures, everyone has a nickname, and sometimes for the unlikeliest of reasons :) My favourite gang ;) :D :thumbsup:
Maybe I should clarify that the gang members I mentioned were not bikers, but prison gang members with whom I had a "professional connection".

Yes absolutely. My dad was a Sinatra fan, and wouldn't tolerate any other singers, male or female, they were all derided as "Club singers!" :rolleyes: The sort of clubs he was referring to are a bit of a past phenomenon in Northern England, Working-Men's Clubs, inexpensive members-only venues, which were owned by the members, sold cheap beer, and in the 'Function Room' had mediocre comics and cabaret singers performing, between the sets of 'Bingo'. They've all got to start somewhere right?! ;)
Sinatra is my favourite, too. My father loved Johnny Cash, and so do I!

Maybe I should clarify that the gang members I mentioned were not bikers, but prison gang members with whom I had a "professional connection".

Sinatra is my favourite, too. My father loved Johnny Cash, and so do I!

Right! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

I love Johnny Cash, but my dad wouldn't have given him the time of day :( :rolleyes:

Ray
I know eh, he pulled a knife on me once and I smacked him with a bar stool. The president of the club intervened, which most likely was a good thing....
for me. :p

Jack Black Jack Black So nothing to do with gangs, but this clip and some other longer ones makes me want to binge watch Phoenix Nights.

Phoenix Nights is a very good piece of observational comedy in my opinion ;) And very funny! ;) :D :thumbsup:

I know eh, he pulled a knife on me once and I smacked him with a bar stool. The president of the club intervened, which most likely was a good thing....
for me. :p

That's all we need to know! :cool: :D :thumbsup:

Wow Guardians! Only 15 more pages until we reach page 1000! :cool: Hard to believe :) To say thanks, I'll do some giveaways ;) :) :thumbsup:
The way this thread moves, I'm afraid I'll miss page 1000 before I get back from dinner! ;)

How about some lambsfoot content? They are fine looking knives, but stand up to hard work, too.
Clearing the jungle:
ZF5DF62.jpg
Di3g5Et.jpg
xPyjmho.jpg

Back