Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Don't miss it Rachel! :eek: ;)

Yikes! Cool pics, you move to Vietnam?! :confused: :thumbsup:
Ha! You would think so. I've got it on a couple sides of the yard. It's a constant battle to keep it from taking over. The new shoots and culms can be cut easily when they first come up and are green. Once they harden I have to use loppers and it's not nearly as much fun. I swear sometimes I walk around the house, cutting them down, and when I get back to where I started there are new ones shot up. They can grow a couple feet per day, so it might not just be my imagination! :eek:

Thank you so much for the info on the J Crookes lambs foot Jack! You are a wealth of info, but I am still unsure about the knife's age. When I heal up a bit from this mornings surgery I will post some detailed photos (Doc patched me up and I will be good to go in about two weeks!).

Meanwhile, in lambs foot jail....
aS8MuGR.jpg

You too Dwight, great pic
Thanks Jack

Wonderful photo, I first thought of worms, also. Great looking Damascus and stag
Thanks Preston. Your damalamb of the serpent is looking sweet.

I too will be making a range trip...but not over the weekend, it's just to busy. The weekdays are when I go and have most of the place to myself and can run Dutch on marks and blinds without disturbing anyone else.
I agree about weekdays being the time to go. I was actually meeting the "licensing instructor" and assumed we would be qualifying at a range. But no, we walked out behind his shop and he handed me a 40 cal and technology that rendered everything mute. :cool:

I'm sure you don't need anyone to wish you Good Luck Dwight :) Thanks for another great pic
Thanks my friend and I hope you and Lucy have a good day at Huddersfield tomorrow!

@Foddering If your range test is as outstanding as your images, you’ll have no trouble retaining your CC.
Thanks Harvey! Mighty nice of you. :) That sweet rig with the acorn shield is a lovely piece of cutlery.

Happy shooting!
:D

Beautiful John.

Thank you so much for the info on the J Crookes lambs foot Jack! You are a wealth of info, but I am still unsure about the knife's age. When I heal up a bit from this mornings surgery I will post some detailed photos (Doc patched me up and I will be good to go in about two weeks!).
Glad to hear it went well Barry. Heal up quickly.

dc50 dc50 - Dave your rosewood is looking radiant! Looking forward to you getting settled in.

Jack Black Jack Black - Jack your report on Jonathan Crookes history was very interesting and only (yet again) reinforces how complex and convoluted it can be to determine the details about any given knife. Thanks for sharing the info.

Prester John Prester John - Vince that is a wonderful spring time photo of your caramel AC.

Gone a few hours and was 4 pages behind :eek: Enjoy the evening my friends.

fullsizeoutput_167e.jpeg

haha, here's one for us old guys. :p
View attachment 1117999
That is too is FUNNY :D :thumbsup:

Kind of the same here, I guess. Have to leave the knives behind at hockey games, and I hear that Major League Baseball now has metal detectors and bans knives. We have a minor league team in my city, but I will leave the knives at home or in the car next time I go just in case they now have the same policy. :(
True that! Last Giants game I went to, my son told me about the metal detector so I hid my knife outside before entering, but the alarm went off anyway. Haven't a clue why it happened. A bunch of guys in wearing badges and in blue suddenly appeared from nowhere and after checking me out with a hand wand (which also went off) and a pat down, they let me in anyway. Guess I didn't appear menacing. (Giants won).

Glad to hear the surgery went well and I hope you enjoy a speedy and full recovery :thumbsup:
OG

True that! Last Giants game I went to, my son told me about the metal detector so I hid my knife outside before entering, but the alarm went off anyway. Haven't a clue why it happened. A bunch of guys in wearing badges and in blue suddenly appeared from nowhere and after checking me out with a hand wand (which also went off) and a pat down, they let me in anyway. Guess I didn't appear menacing. (Giants won).
Not a Giants fan, but my favorite player when I was a kid was Willie Mays, and I saw Hunter Pence play in AA ball here in my town before he hit the Show. He's one of my current favorites.

Not a Giants fan, but my favorite player when I was a kid was Willie Mays, and I saw Hunter Pence play in AA ball here in my town before he hit the Show. He's one of my current favorites.
What can be said about the Say Hey Kid that hasn't already been said? Number 24 - truly one of the all time greats :thumbsup:
Hunter Pence is a class act for sure.
The first time I saw him was after I had just finished watching a Giants game on TV. The announcers were doing their post game wrap-up when the screen suddenly switched back to the field and showed Pence in a trot-walk. He had just signed and we viewers were told that although he had been scheduled to play, he had missed the game due to airline delays and that he was on his way to the clubhouse to meet the team for the first time and to make amends for missing the game.
He obviously was in a great hurry and his face showed a great deal of his concern. He was almost trotting when he passed two kids hanging around in the stands after the game, baseballs and a pen in hand, hoping in vain to get autographs. I say in vain because as you know, many of today's players have sadly let their egos get in the way of remembering what it was like to be a kid and what it meant to get the autograph of a big leaguer.
They held out the balls and pen as he hurriedly rushed past them.
Suddenly, his face changed and he stopped short in his tracks. He turned, went back and signed their baseballs and shook their hands.
The kids were ecstatic.
Hunter Pence - a true big league player in every sense of the phrase.
OG

Last edited:
What can be said about the Say Hey Kid that hasn't already been said? Number 24 - truly one of the all time greats :thumbsup:
Hunter Pence is a class act for sure.
The first time I saw him was after I had just finished watching a Giants game on TV. The announcers were doing their post game wrap-up when the screen suddenly switched back to the field and showed Pence in a trot-walk. He had just signed and we viewers were told that although he had been scheduled to play, he had missed the game due to airline delays and that he was on his way to the clubhouse to meet the team for the first time and to make amends for missing the game.
He obviously was in a great hurry and his face showed a great deal of his concern. He was almost trotting when he passed two kids hanging around in the stands after the game, baseballs and a pen in hand, hoping in vain to get autographs. I say in vain because as you know, many of today's players have sadly let their egos get in the way of remembering what it was like to be a kid and what it meant to get the autograph of a big leaguer.
They held out the balls and pen as he hurriedly rushed past them.
Suddenly, his face changed and he stopped short in his tracks. He turned, went back and signed their baseballs and shook their hands.
The kids were ecstatic.
Hunter Pence - a true big league player in every sense of the phrase.
OG
He is a true class act. :thumbsup:

Back