1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
  2. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Good morning, Guardians!
    [​IMG]
    Stag rules.

3. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    It’s a beauty!

Prester John, OLd_gUY and dc50 like this.
  4. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    If anyone can suggest how to reduce the Guardians Signature, it would greatly be appreciated. I simply forgot how to do it. Thank you.

Jack Black likes this.
  5. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    I would delete the large one and copy paste a small one. [​IMG] I hope that will work for you :thumbsup:

6. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks a lot guys :) It's going to take me a while to catch up today, took me 40 minutes just read all the posts! :eek: Morning Guardians :) :thumbsup:

7. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    LOL! I never heard of anyone catching carp with a fly! :D During the Depression of the 1920's, my granddad had eaten just about every fish there was, even ones that are generally considered inedible. He'd eaten a lot of other stuff too! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Yes, it's an exciting feeling when you see trout see your fly :)

:( :thumbsup:

Nice to see you're getting some patina John :) :thumbsup:

Wow Preston, what a great post :) Love that old wicker creel :) :thumbsup:

Get catching up Joe! :D Fantastic pic :) :thumbsup:

Another great photo OG :) :thumbsup:

When I was a kid (50 years ago), they used to differentiate between 'split-cane' and ''built-cane' rods, is that still the case? The latter are the hexagonal type, made from sections of cane split and re-built for a sweeter action. No wonder they are expensive :thumbsup:

Years ago here, it was the fibre-glass and carbon-fibre rods which were expensive! :D Happy fishing John :)

My first reel was an old wooden 'centre-pin', they were a little old-fashioned, even 50years ago, but you still saw them :) I used to do a lot of spinning for pike, it was considered quite 'exotic' here then! :D :thumbsup:

Great stuff Rachel :) :thumbsup:

That's a beast OG, you must have had some monster fish with it :) Nice pic :thumbsup:

LOL! :D I knew a guy years ago who hooked his wife in the ear while casting! :eek: :D That's a great pic mate :thumbsup:

Fantastic DWight :) :thumbsup:

LOL! Cool pics :cool: Your dad was a good photographer OG :) I once asked my mother to take a pic of a decent fish I had caught, all I wanted was the fish in my hands, I ended up with the fish, me, the river-bank, the nearest town, and a couple of neighbouring counties! :rolleyes :D

:cool: :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with that Taylor, here fly-fishing was always for the rich folks, a little less so now thankfully, but the whole style of fishing has changed here since I was a kid. I picked up a fishing magazine a few years back, and I barely understood what was in it, the French system of fishing with long poles is apparently very prominent here now :confused:

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Dwight! :D That's a good one, as always, my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks John, that's a treat :) :thumbsup:

Great to see you here Dylan, sounds like you have been 'gainfully employed' :) Beautiful photo of your '17 my friend :) :thumbsup:

Looking good Vince :) :thumbsup:

I don't have any vintage fishing tackle to show I'm afraid, even the stuff I made, all stolen years ago :( I do have a hat though! :D :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and that your week goes well :) :thumbsup:

peanutsxx, TFBraden, donn and 13 others like this.
  8. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Thank you for the kind words, Jack. Much appreciated.
    Well, I'm off to bed. I was trying to make it 'til page #1000 was posted so I could offer congrats at the opportune time, but no way :oops:
    I'm sure that milestone will be reached while I'm off in la-la land and I'm anxious to see it. :thumbsup: :)
    OG

cigarrodog and Fodderwing like this.
  9. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Goodnight OG, hopefully you'll still get your page 1000 post in :) :thumbsup:

TFBraden, dc50, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.
  10. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Hopefully, page 1000 will be 20 posts of Lambfoot photos! Wouldn't that be cool?!
    Hope you had a great weekend, Jack and all the Guardians. Here's to hoping Friday rolls around asap.
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, TFBraden, donn and 12 others like this.
  11. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you very much :)

Oh ya, the patina builds up quickly... and then I Flitz it off ;)

I don't really know. The price of bamboo rods has always kept me from investigating them.

That's the way of the world.
    Years ago, cheap cars had black trim and black wheels, while the expensive cars had lots of chrome. Nowadays, it's the other way around.

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  12. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    Seems you get sharp focus knives and blurry backgrounds, or in this case... the other way around :D
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, donn, Dschal and 12 others like this.
  13. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    AW_Ironwood03.jpg

peanutsxx, TFBraden, donn and 14 others like this.
  14. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I don't think there's a discernible pattern. Changing fashions? Passing whims?

15. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you Preston.

Thank you Harvey.

Beautiful shot Dylan. Good grief that horn is amazing!

Thank you Jack.

@Prester John and @Ramrodmb lovely lamb compositions guys.

Have a great week Guardians.
    IMG_1778.jpeg

peanutsxx, TFBraden, donn and 13 others like this.
  16. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    I can believe that when you are hungry, and have no money you would eat almost anything to ease the pain.

Being an old fart and a pack rat, I have many old things! I have tried over the years to cull the belongings and now have just what I deem personally needed and cherished. That creel is one of the cherished:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Great hat to have, especially with those two Lambsfoot...they would definitely be in the Orvis realm of things.
    That would be great, maybe we all can make that happen. Nice detailed photo of your '19 Guardian's Lambsfoot, Mark.

John, I think it depends on the focus setting of your camera. Most have a square or series of lines and dots in the foregound...like a scope's reticle, that you can manipulate by moving the camera to get the closer object in focus or a distant one. On my iPhone I can just touch where I want the focus to be...on my DSLR not so easy, haven't really figured it out. Maybe someone with more knowledge of photography can explain it to us.
    Great detail in that photo JP:thumbsup:

Monday morning and on our way to 1000 pages...should be a cakewalk!
    I have always loved fishing and fished to catch fish. Different times of the year and in different areas certain methods work better than others so Im prepared to 'tackle' whatever Mother Nature throws at me. Spinning gear has yielded fish when flies failed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Dwight, there you go...knocking it out of the park with that shot of your Damascus Stag Lambsfoot, fantastic!

dc50, cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  18. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, I will experiment more. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  19. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Good morning Guardians! RALF and I had some Formosa Oolong this morning from my dragon pot.

[​IMG]

20. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, that worked sooooo much better :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

TFBraden, Dschal, Jolipapa and 11 others like this.