Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Can't beat the Sierras in the spring - right tmd_87 tmd_87 ?
We have a trip to Flaming Gorge (Kokanee heaven) planned at the end of June :cool:
After looking at all these pics of flies, I thought I'd throw in a hasty pic of a Marlin lure that used to do pretty good for me (400# test, 12/0 stainless hooks) - please excuse the shadow on the knife blade
View attachment 1119313
Love it! Gonna be going up soon for some trout fishing and gonna throw some crawdad traps out. Please let me know how you do with the Kokanee? I have to re-wire my boat trailer ASAP.

I went fly fishing once, I caught a couple good size boulders and the biggest tree that you have ever done seen! Funny everything I caught was behind me.....maybe I should have put the river to my back and I might have done better. :D

47672523222_1b956f8c94_h.jpg
LOL. The last time I used my Grandfather's rod, I kept hearing dink...dink...dink behind me while casting. Finally turned around and saw a garbage can next to a picnic table :rolleyes:
My first fish
firstfish.jpg
2BolsterE_Mark_400_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Great photo OG. That automobile in the background looks to be ... well... I believe it qualifies for Antique Plates... :cool:
Yeah, I knew someone was going to say something about it sooner or later :D I'm pretty sure that's my Grandfather's '39 Chrysler.
The pic was taken in the early 50's, maybe late 40's, by my Dad with the camera I posted earlier.

I tried picking up fly fishing in college just didn't have time to invest in it. I'm a generational spin fisherman...maybe one day. Lots of panther Martin's in the streams and rivers when trout fishin. Lots of worms and trolling in the lakes when trout fishing.

LOL. The last time I used my Grandfather's rod, I kept hearing dink...dink...dink behind me while casting. Finally turned around and saw a garbage can next to a picnic table :rolleyes:
My first fish
firstfish.jpg
Dang, I shoulda took a pic of that tree, it was HUGE! :D

Seriously, very cool pic. It is nice to have those kind of memories documented with a picture.
A friend told be to mark a circle in the grass and practice hitting that.
I was going to go down to the park and practice casting but I was afraid that I might catch a small child.:eek:

Yeah, I knew someone was going to say something about it sooner or later :D I'm pretty sure that's my Grandfather's '39 Chrysler.
The pic was taken in the early 50's, maybe late 40's, by my Dad with the camera I posted earlier
Yeah well, my brother I am of vintage origin myself. :D As they say... "it beats the alternative eh?"

I tried picking up fly fishing in college just didn't have time to invest in it. I'm a generational spin fisherman...maybe one day. Lots of panther Martin's in the streams and rivers when trout fishin. Lots of worms and trolling in the lakes when trout fishing
I grew up fly fishing here in Arkansas. We didn't have any cold water back then so we flyfished out of a canoe while floating downstream. Mostly smallmouth, goggle eye, brim and perch.

Dang, I shoulda took a pic of that tree, it was HUGE! :D

Seriously, very cool pic. It is nice to have those kind of memories documented with a picture.
A friend told be to mark a circle in the grass and practice hitting that.
I was going to go down to the park and practice casting but I was afraid that I might catch a small child.:eek:
ROFFL :D:D:D

Being insanely behind on this thread, I read a few pages to catch up and come to the most current. But there’s nearly a month I missed.

These two Lambsfoot knives are two of my main daily carries. I saw that post with the old Graflex and I had to participate.

E0230x6.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well lately. I hope to be caught up (relatively) soon.

Joe
That is quite a shot, nice job.
Thank you. :thumbsup: That's high praise for sure, especially with the photographic talent that is so evident around here.

Yeah, buddy. Can't wait for the news :D

Thank you :thumbsup: Detectives, huh? OK. Guess we could call ourselves Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson -- more like Laurel and Hardy :p

I'm a Catch and Release guy myself, but I know exactly what you mean. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

I don't have any fancy bamboo rods, but I can't wait to take my favorite fly pattern and my favorite knife up to the Sierra Mountains :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:
That is a nicely composed shot.

My Dad's Kodak, my Grandfather's steelhead rod, my neighbors windmill - but it's MY Lambsfoot ;)
View attachment 1119283
OG
Another superb shot
All this talk of fishing and trout is making me anxious for the snow to melt so I can hit the high sierras for a few of these tasty little treats...
View attachment 1119303
Tasty, indeed, and fun to catch no matter what you use. Great shot, BTW.
Can't beat the Sierras in the spring - right tmd_87 tmd_87 ?
We have a trip to Flaming Gorge (Kokanee heaven) planned at the end of June :cool:
After looking at all these pics of flies, I thought I'd throw in a hasty pic of a Marlin lure that used to do pretty good for me (400# test, 12/0 stainless hooks) - please excuse the shadow on the knife blade
View attachment 1119313
Oh my, that really puts the size of those fish in perspective. Thanks for the photo.
I went fly fishing once, I caught a couple good size boulders and the biggest tree that you have ever done seen! Funny everything I caught was behind me.....maybe I should have put the river to my back and I might have done better. :D

47672523222_1b956f8c94_h.jpg
I have had days like that and some worse...no kidding. I saw some old license plates in a flea market and gasped at the prices they were asking:eek:
Just a great shot of that '19 Guardian's Lambsfoot
Some lamb content before Jack gets grumpy... :rolleyes:View attachment 1119325
Just love how you get that Damascus to stand out!

Back