1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Love it! Gonna be going up soon for some trout fishing and gonna throw some crawdad traps out. Please let me know how you do with the Kokanee? I have to re-wire my boat trailer ASAP.

Jack Black, cigarrodog and OLd_gUY like this.
  2. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    LOL. The last time I used my Grandfather's rod, I kept hearing dink...dink...dink behind me while casting. Finally turned around and saw a garbage can next to a picnic table :rolleyes:
    My first fish
    [​IMG] 2BolsterE_Mark_400_HDR.jpg

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  3. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Great photo OG. That automobile in the background looks to be ... well... I believe it qualifies for Antique Plates... :cool:

Ramrodmb, Jack Black, dc50 and 5 others like this.
  4. OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    Yeah, I knew someone was going to say something about it sooner or later :D I'm pretty sure that's my Grandfather's '39 Chrysler.
    The pic was taken in the early 50's, maybe late 40's, by my Dad with the camera I posted earlier.

Ramrodmb, Jack Black, dc50 and 2 others like this.
  5. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    I tried picking up fly fishing in college just didn't have time to invest in it. I'm a generational spin fisherman...maybe one day. Lots of panther Martin's in the streams and rivers when trout fishin. Lots of worms and trolling in the lakes when trout fishing.

Ramrodmb, Jack Black, JohnDF and 3 others like this.
  6. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Dang, I shoulda took a pic of that tree, it was HUGE! :D

Seriously, very cool pic. It is nice to have those kind of memories documented with a picture.
    A friend told be to mark a circle in the grass and practice hitting that.
    I was going to go down to the park and practice casting but I was afraid that I might catch a small child.:eek:

Jack Black, dc50, JohnDF and 4 others like this.
  7. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    I don't mind, John, pleased that you would do that, thanks.

8. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    Yeah well, my brother I am of vintage origin myself. :D As they say... "it beats the alternative eh?"

I grew up fly fishing here in Arkansas. We didn't have any cold water back then so we flyfished out of a canoe while floating downstream. Mostly smallmouth, goggle eye, brim and perch.

9. OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    ROFFL :D:D:D

cigarrodog and flatblackcapo like this.
  10. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Dang, you guys are fast! Here I thought I was going to get the jump on the reply and answer OG's post right away and come to find out I already missed two! haha
    Thank you Dwight.
    That's a killer photo of your '19 ! :thumbsup:

TFBraden, Jack Black, dc50 and 3 others like this.
  11. pjsjr

Jan 2, 2005
    Oh, would you be surprised!

cigarrodog, OLd_gUY and Fodderwing like this.
  12. flatblackcapo

Mar 25, 2012
    Come onnnnn stop that! I can't even type that fast! ;)

TFBraden, Jack Black, dc50 and 4 others like this.
  13. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    Some lamb content before Jack gets grumpy... :rolleyes: fullsizeoutput_16a8.jpeg

14. pjsjr

Jan 2, 2005
    That is quite a shot, nice job.
    Another superb shot
    Tasty, indeed, and fun to catch no matter what you use. Great shot, BTW.
    Oh my, that really puts the size of those fish in perspective. Thanks for the photo.
    I have had days like that and some worse...no kidding. I saw some old license plates in a flea market and gasped at the prices they were asking:eek:
    Just a great shot of that '19 Guardian's Lambsfoot
    Just love how you get that Damascus to stand out!

15. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Nice image of your D Lamb with some great lighting, Dwight.

Jack Black, dc50 and OLd_gUY like this.
  16. boykinlp

boykinlp Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I was wondering something. On some of the knives you folks show here, "Real Lambs Foot" is on the blade. On others, it is not. Was this done only by some companies, or only during certain years? Thanks.
    Larry

Jack Black, dc50 and cigarrodog like this.
  17. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Another Lambsfoot picture for Jack to wake up to. Good Morning Jack :)
    [​IMG]

18. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Good Man! This image really shows off the figuring(is that even a word?:)) of the wood.

JohnDF, Jack Black, OLd_gUY and 2 others like this.
  19. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    If all of you hurry and post, you could hit 1K before Jack wakes up.:)

pjsjr, Jack Black, dc50 and 2 others like this.
  20. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I hope everyone is well.

I've been away for most of the week, experiencing the great outdoors, good friends, and lots of knives.

I took this pic before I set out and forgot to post it.

[​IMG]