Guardless Warthog Pre-Order Work in Progress

^ looks great! :thumbsup:

Is the picture deceiving or is there really such a difference in size between the two?

As promised...
39818762661_2e0df69b0c_b.jpg

24948570877_ce61840d96_b.jpg

24948572257_02538eec89_b.jpg

28041690849_66628f9df3_b.jpg

38921281935_255301f5c1_b.jpg

Oyster Oyster
The pictures are a little deceiving, but the guardless warthog is definitely smaller (which I love). The biggest difference I've noticed between my two is the thinness of the handle on the Jade G-10 one. Even though the Toxic Glow Burlap one is commando, the jade g-10 warthog has a thinner handle and its taper is thinner as well (making it crazy light weight:D).

Thank you everyone who participated in the pre-order and to those that have continue to post in this thread keeping it alive during my absence, I appreciate it!

I see that some of you have received your knives already! I like the pictures and reactions I am seeing so far and it looks like their are some satisfied new Guardless Warthog owners out there.

I apologize I am late to the party as most of you guys are aware I took ill Tuesday evening with a bad case of food poisoning and stayed in bed until Friday afternoon. I spent yesterday regaining my bearings feeling like a zombie and catching up on some work.

I think the pre-order went pretty smoothly for a few exceptions. I would like to do another one, while not immediately definitely within a few months.
I was able to stay organized and confusion on what went where and to who was at a minimum. I did like the aspect of making a batch of one single profile for a number of reasons. But that being said it's not something I would want to do all the time.

One thing I wish would have gone differently was being able to stick to my original time frame. As I make more knives in my new surrounding with my new equipment my efficiency will rise again, that coupled with a longer quote time and, or (possibly) having the blades ready for handles prior to taking the pre-order and deposit should cut down on the turnaround time and any unforeseen delays on my end.

The other part I would like to improve on is allowing myself time to be more involved with the thread as well as posting pictures. I think this circles back around to the previous solution and allowing myself more time to achieve the goals.

All that being said, I feel the Pre-order experiment was a success and a positive experience and I believe I would like to do a few of these a year maybe one every few months..

I hope the rest of you who have not received your knives do so soon and that they exceed your expectations. I look forward to seeing your pictures and hearing your thoughts on the knife itself and reading the dialogue between you guy's as you all compare and contrast.

P.S. Big thanks to Bud @joufuu for providing the sheaths, I got to admire them a little prior to shipping them out, I am always impressed with the cleanliness and quality of the work.

Last edited:
Thank you, Chris!

I’m pretty sure I’m not speaking only for myself when I say that turnaround was a non-issue - esp. when compared to some other experiences I’ve had and, in particular, given that all of this occurred around major holidays and that yours is a one-man shop.

All I can say is: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think pre-making the blades is a good idea. Opening a thread and saying, "I've got 15 Mini Mamushi (for example) blades ready for handles, claim yours now" seems like a win-win. If by some chance, you don't have all 15 claimed, you have a blade you can put whatever handle you want on it and sell in a standard sales thread or send to a dealer.

Yes but how would you move my lanyard hole to be in THEEE correct location? LOL

PS I'm glad you're feeling better :thumbsup: and not so much like :poop: anymore

Again, thanks for your focus on customers .. in addition to the sharp things. :)
SHHH! I thought that was supposed to be on the down low:D:D

After setting up the classroom for the next motorcycle class, the pigs heard there was a new Warthog around so they decided to pay him a visit.

Pig 1: Oh hey check out that hammered texture and grind on that.

Pig 2: You should see the taper from back here.

Pig 1: So where's the Warthog?

2v2Juds5rxAKujh.jpg

Ok, so I’m supposed to leave on a trip with my gf tomorrow. We’ve both been working a lot and have had very little time together. Today, I had to work some and then run some errands. So, it’s past 11 PM and I haven’t packed a thing.
But I did find time to attach a lanyard and to polish up the Warthog blade with some Flitz and wash it with some nice warm soapy water. Oh my, how those hammered flats shine in the light... just beautiful!!! :)

And I still can’t get over the texture of the micarta. Love it!

Last edited:
Back