Gun Picture Thread

Got a sweet deal on a like new 43...

hE2cW5t.jpg

You are gonna like that one. I carried one for a year and a half or so. Rugged, reliable very easy to carry and laughs at the dust and grime and gunk of ranching:

92lmGhZ.jpg

Lately I've been carrying my "snake" gun, well..... cause its snake season. This big ol boy was in our cattle chute. I stepped by him all coiled up, literally only inches away:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzgkIDbJst8/

My "snake" gun is a Smith Mod 36:

7D4K8YY.jpg

pKEHpwE.jpg

My buddy Tyler is carrying his "snake" gun too, a Kimber .357 mag.

ZNe25I7.jpg

Colt Match Target, 3rd Generation manufactured in 1968

4E4RjkL.jpg

The manual is a reproduction, the box and target are original and are serial numbered to the pistol.
iBqbEs0.jpg
That’s beautiful!
I have a 2nd Gen Match Target with the 4 inch barrel. The trigger pull is ridiculously nice though I have to admit that it only has around 20 rounds through the bore.
Unfortunately I found it minus box or manual.

Last edited:
That’s beautiful!
I have a 2nd Gen Match Target with the 4 inch barrel. The trigger pull is ridiculously nice though I have to admit that it’s only around 20 rounds through the bore.
Unfortunately I found it minus box or manual.

Thanks! The original manuals are harder to find than the boxes, I looked a long time, years, and finally bought a reproduction. I have a 3rd Gen Woodsman w/a 4" barrel that I shoot regularly, it's kept me from shooting the Match Target.

Thanks! The original manuals are harder to find than the boxes, I looked a long time, years, and finally bought a reproduction. I have a 3rd Gen Woodsman w/a 4" barrel that I shoot regularly, it's kept me from shooting the Match Target.

I imagine that it’s a great shooter.
I think I’ll do a little search on the net to see if I can find a box for mine, it’d be nice to display it that way when I get to show it off.
Any idea where you found the repro papers?

All original U.S. Property marked Colts M1911 from December 1913. Was able to trade it near the peak of collecting value of WW1 and pre-WW1 M1911s. I'd not get nearly as much today considering everyone seems to be after the WW2 pistols. Bought it for $400 about 20 years ago.
DSCN0213.JPG

Traded the M1911 a few years ago for three Winchester rifles and a fist full of $100 bills. Models 69, 57, and 04-22. I since gave the Model 69 to a very dear friend, co-worker, and old Army buddy.
Winchesters.jpg

My only remaining .45ACP pistol. A modified (long trigger, mainspring and flat housing, beavertail, and sights; grips are Hawaiian koa) U.S. Property marked M1911A1. Ithaca from 1943. Was my carry gun for years. Since it was already refinished when I bought it in Hawaii about 25 years ago, I had no problem modifying it. Another $400 pistol.
M1911A1.JPG

Last edited:
Current Project: M1 Garand built on a 6-million serial number receiver using a NOS USGI Springfield Armory barrel in 7.62 x 51 NATO.
All the parts are late production USGI to match the receiver's late serial number.

VyNRDRM.jpg

3SFgcFD.jpg

sgW09KH.jpg

I'm refinishing the stock set currently, steaming out the dents in this pic
DbrXh1T.jpg

Back