Guns & Hinderers

300 BLK build progress, almost there but still need to tweek a couple things. I just installed this Apex hand guard and, while nice, isn't quite right for what I'm looking for.. It's just a hair too long to access the suppressor mount (I know, measure twice right?). So, I have a slightly shorter KA URX 4 inbound next week.. We'll see how that goes.

Nice work Shane, I had mine out today and put a couple hundred rounds of subsonic through it, using three different powders, three different bullets and three different primers, all with fantastic results.

Nice work Shane, I had mine out today and put a couple hundred rounds of subsonic through it, using three different powders, three different bullets and three different primers, all with fantastic results.

Thanks! I'm not quite done tinkering just yet though, I've got a couple of other ideas/iterations I want to try out..

Thanks! I'm not quite done tinkering just yet though, I've got a couple of other ideas/iterations I want to try out..

I meant to mention (if I haven't already or in PM), I have the Noveske NSR handguard (7"), it is short but I like it. I would have preferred the 9", tried it but it was about 1/2" too long with the 51t Brakeout 2.0 compensator.

I meant to mention (if I haven't already or in PM), I have the Noveske NSR handguard (7"), it is short but I like it. I would have preferred the 9", tried it but it was about 1/2" too long with the 51t Brakeout 2.0 compensator.

I've been considering that, but I'm with you - I'd prefer the 9 to the 7.. I have an 11" NSR on one of our 5.56s and really like it.

My latest build, an SPR build.
Aero Precision lower, Rainier upper
Rainier 18" match barrel with 223 wylde chamber
Rainier match bolt and bolt carrier group nickel boron coated
Rainier Force 15" Keymod rail
Troy flip up battle sights
Gesseille SSA trigger
Rainier RAC comp
BCM grips
Bravo SOPMOD stock
SWFA 3-15x42 FFP scope mounted on LaRue SPR mount
Atlas bipod

Just finished this baby, can't wait to pop some paper with it to see how she shoots!

spr001_zps5087b4c3.jpg

Oh and here is one with my EDC sterile 3.5 spanto...

spr002_zps8fbc29fb.jpg

My latest build, an SPR build.
Aero Precision lower, Rainier upper
Rainier 18" match barrel with 223 wylde chamber
Rainier match bolt and bolt carrier group nickel boron coated
Rainier Force 15" Keymod rail
Troy flip up battle sights
Gesseille SSA trigger
Rainier RAC comp
BCM grips
Bravo SOPMOD stock
SWFA 3-15x42 FFP scope mounted on LaRue SPR mount
Atlas bipod

Just finished this baby, can't wait to pop some paper with it to see how she shoots!

spr001_zps5087b4c3.jpg

Oh and here is one with my EDC sterile 3.5 spanto...

spr002_zps8fbc29fb.jpg

Nice setup! How do you like Aero Precision? I just ordered a 10" 300 BLK barrel from them, I couldn't pass up the price..

Once I get my 300 SBR settled I'll post it up w/ a parts breakout..

Thanks guys! The Aero lower is as good of quality as any lower you can find on the market. Can't go wrong, good luck on yours!

SIgVf7y.jpg

xjeFj7e.jpg

First 300 BLK SBR build done and shot! Next step is adding a suppressor (no telling how long it's gonna take to get the stamp) and firing up the reloader to feed it..

It shoots! Best 3-shot group from the 10" Aero Precision barrel is 7/16" center-to-center. I'm pretty happy with that. I was shooting supported from a bench (by supported I mean elbows, no bag or rest - I might have to put it in an actual rest with remote trigger to see how it shoots without operator error creeping in).

Next project is a 9" AAC 300 BLK barrel that needs a home, but it's going to wear a thread-on suppressor so that one won't be done for 6-9 months, if not a bit longer..

This was actually my first experience shooting a 300 BLK, I think I'm going to really like it.

Great pic of some incredible stuff buddy. Wow! If the zombies come I'm heading to your place.

^^^ Well, as long as he isn't a Zombie by then...

Nice guns, I really dig the bird's head grips on the six-shooter. Uberti, Ruger?

^^^ Well, as long as he isn't a Zombie by then...

Nice guns, I really dig the bird's head grips on the six-shooter. Uberti, Ruger?

Haha! True dat...

Thanks! The sixshooter is a Cimmaron Blue Thunder. It is a 18xx .357 mag replica. Really fun too shoot! It came with a cool sticker in the box that said "I'll be your huckleberry"

Dang Jensen!! That is quite the pic amigo!! That EDC is would make any grown man smile!!

Back