Attention Handle Material for the 2021 BF knife!! 1st Poll

Select your choice of material!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had a couple of people register surprise at the thought of a liner lock on a traditional forum knife but I keep thinking about how GEC did liner locks on the model 73. It might be a nice touch on this year’s forum knife.
I see I’m in good company. 🍻

I ain’t a-skeered. Let’s have a poll! Got a second vote, even? 😁

I went with wood, but it appears it is slipping in the poll 😦. Like many others, I think any cover will turn out excellent!
If we do end up on bone, I will definitely be in the smooth white camp. While sounding bland, SWB actually carries quite a lot of character and to my eye the dyes can end up covering a lot of it up.

I asked my terrier which handle he would prefer to chew up should he ever get ahold of a slipjoint. I got a lackluster response from micarta and wood but the little bandit's ears perked up when they heard "bone." Thus I had to vote for bone covers.

Now that I think about it, though, maybe I should have voted for covers that he wouldn't like to gnaw on...

Last edited:
I asked my terrier which handle he would prefer to chew up should he ever get ahold of a slipjoint. I got a lackluster response from micarta and wood but the little bandit's ears parked up when they heard "bone." Thus I had to vote for bone covers.

Now that I think about it, though, maybe I should have voted for covers that he wouldn't like to gnaw on...
He might change his mind if Stacked Leather were an option :D

I'd love a beautiful wood along the lines of Cocobolo (though NOT if they're going to do some roughshod unfinished nonsense like on the 47/74s) or the Bloodwood they used on the 38s. THAT was beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back