Hapstone V7

Hapstone V7 knife sharpener utilize square-shaped components to deliver ultimate precision.

shape-that-people-trust.jpg

HAPSTONE has just launched Hapstone V7, 7th generation of successful V-series. Hapstone V7 is being heralded as the ultimate knife sharpener with ability to use thousands of sharpening stones. The new Hapstone V7 delivers breath-taking features while pushing the boundaries for knife sharpening enthusiasts who demand the best.

* New High-precision universal stone holder and pivot rod of Square design with built-in digital gauge holder
* New Pivot unit and pivot rod holder of Square design with “zero wobble” inserts.
* New Anodized coating for extra durability
* New Suitable for sharpening stones up to 210 mm
* New Any sharpening angle in a range from 11 to 47 degrees
* New All basic parts including thumbs are made of metal
* New Thickness compensator of Square design allowing for sharpening stones of different thicknesses
* New Three Point Guide of new design for a high-precision knife positioning
* New Light-alloy horizontal shaft for better pressure control during the sharpening process
* Full compatibility with Edge Pro and KME stones
* Rubber covered blade table to protect your knives from scratches
* Detachable strong neodymium magnet to facilitate knife fastening
* Rubber coated supporting legs that can be used on any surface
* No-tool assembly for fast deployment and mobility
* Parking hook for horizontal shaft
* Metal pivot unit with PTFE insert provides smooth shaft movement and requires no lubrication or cleaning
* Spring for quick changes to the sharpening stone
* Stopper rings to limit the movement of the horizontal shaft
* Wooden handle to make time-consuming work a little easier

These specifications enable Hapstone to deliver an industry leading high-precision knife sharpener to the market.

Note. Due to major changes of form-factor Hapstone V7 is incompatible with V6 accessories.

Hapstone V7 will be available in 4 bundles:
* Basic – 3 grits
* Diamond – 6 grits
* Silicon Carbide – 5 grits
* Aluminum Oxide – 5 grits

Hapstone provides 5-year worldwide warranty on Hapstone V7 knife sharpeners.
Hapstone-V7-1.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a different blade guide available for smaller blades, and/ to allow the angle to be reduced below 11 degrees? On the Edge Pro I can get well below 11 degrees, and it would be nice to be able to go lower than 11 degrees when I want to use very acute edges.

Is there a different blade guide available for smaller blades, and/ to allow the angle to be reduced below 11 degrees? On the Edge Pro I can get well below 11 degrees, and it would be nice to be able to go lower than 11 degrees when I want to use very acute edges.
Very few customers want angles below 11 degree which is considered impractical for low endurance. 11 degree is minimum for V7 when using the three-point guide and the thickness compensator. If you need to sharpen your tool with ultra acute angle, you may detach the mentioned parts and set the angle up to 3.5 degree. You still have the magnet make the job, but positioning of blade when flipping should be very careful.
Three point guide can work with small blades with exception of the smallest, like penknives.

Very few customers want angles below 11 degree which is considered impractical for low endurance. 11 degree is minimum for V7 when using the three-point guide and the thickness compensator. If you need to sharpen your tool with ultra acute angle, you may detach the mentioned parts and set the angle up to 3.5 degree. You still have the magnet make the job, but positioning of blade when flipping should be very careful.
Three point guide can work with small blades with exception of the smallest, like penknives.

Thanks for the reply. On the Edge Pro I took off the thickness compensator so I can go very acute when desired. I’d be happy with the factory angles on the V7 a lot of the time, but on many steels I like to go with a 8-10 degree edge angle and use a 15 degree microbevel. 99% of users would never go that acute, so I completely understand why a manufacturer wouldn’t design around those angles.

Very few customers want angles below 11 degree which is considered impractical for low endurance.
You may be surprised. Many enthusiasts here would absolutely welcome eleven and under with a micro to compensate.

You may be surprised. Many enthusiasts here would absolutely welcome eleven and under with a micro to compensate.
Oh, I'm not surprised. Don't get me wrong, we acknowledge some customer want angles below 11, and we make it possible with Hapstone (even better than Edge Pro - 3.5 versus 6 degree). You example with microbevel is perfect.

Do you offer a rubber or a rubber-coated alternative to the wood handle? While I can hit the wood ball with Plasti Dip or even smooth Line X, would prefer a factory solution to improve aesthetics and grip.

Perhaps you can offer a bundle with no abrasive media? I figure to be using full-sized plates and stones of my own choosing and will not be needing any provided media in any grit whatsoever.

Do you offer a rubber or a rubber-coated alternative to the wood handle? While I can hit the wood ball with Plasti Dip or even smooth Line X, would prefer a factory solution to improve aesthetics and grip.

Perhaps you can offer a bundle with no abrasive media? I figure to be using full-sized plates and stones of my own choosing and will not be needing any provided media in any grit whatsoever.

Do you mean the sharpener with no stones at all? First batch will be with stones only. We will add the barebone version with no stones to Gritomatic in December. The price difference will be small, something like 5$.
We market basic stones as free learning stones, but many customer prefer to save penny if they don't need these stones.

No plans for rubber-coated wooden handles.
Edit. Product team will research Line-X coating.

Last edited:
lol...No need to look into Line X. Just that the orange ball handle looks like a clown nose to me. And the v7 certainly does not appear to be a sharpening system for clowns. But that is just me :) . I'll resolve the aesthetics on my own. Or replace it with a micarta or G10 alternative to keep in line with the spirit of typical knife scales...

Last edited:
Hello. Does it fit the rotating clamp system?
No, rotating clamp system is incompatible with V7.

lol...No need to look into Line X. Just that the orange ball handle looks like a clown nose to me. And the v7 is certainly does not appear to be a sharpening system for clowns. But that is just me :) . I'll resolve the aesthetics on my own. Or replace it with micarta or G10 alternative to keep in line with the spirit of typical knife scales...
Thank you for input!

How do the silica stones compare to Shapton Glass stones? Do they need to be flattened before each use?

How do the silica stones compare to Shapton Glass stones? Do they need to be flattened before each use?
Shapton Glass is high-end sharpening stones surpassing competitors in many aspects. Gritomatic Silicon Carbide stones are dedicated to one task - fast sharpening of hard steels. If used on soft steels, the stones will wear very fast, and flattening is necessary. If flattening is necessary before each use, it means stone selection is wrong for the particular steel.

V7 sale is open in Gritomatic.com, USA only on the moment. Shipping will start on Oct 9.

Last edited:
I am confused with the stone choice. I have the kme now and have a couple of the venev diamond stones that i got from u. I was looking at the whole set and for 8 stones it is 159.00 and if I am reading it right i can add the same stones but 6 of them for only 40 dollars more with the v7. Is that correct???

I am confused with the stone choice. I have the kme now and have a couple of the venev diamond stones that i got from u. I was looking at the whole set and for 8 stones it is 159.00 and if I am reading it right i can add the same stones but 6 of them for only 40 dollars more with the v7. Is that correct???
We offer Venev bonded diamonds in 8 form-factors which should not be mixed up. Average price for KME size is 20 USD. Diamond bundle of V7 includes different format - dual-sided 6"x1". Average price for single 6"x1" is close to KME size - 21 USD, and heavily discounted when taken as bundle (+40 USD for three). Please take into consideration that a dual-side diamond give you 2 grits not 1. The whole set of 6 grits is only 3 stones.

My V7 arrived today, and all I can say is WOW!

It came basically assembled, packaged beautifully, and is a tank! The strength of the magnet that holds the knife is unreal and well thought out. The Poly sliders for the rod to go through eliminate having to oil the rod. There is a specially designed slot on top of the square tube, opposite the stone that is for an angle cube.

Every detail of this is insane, so nice! Great job Hapstone!!!

My V7 arrived today, and all I can say is WOW!

It came basically assembled, packaged beautifully, and is a tank! The strength of the magnet that holds the knife is unreal and well thought out. The Poly sliders for the rod to go through eliminate having to oil the rod. There is a specially designed slot on top of the square tube, opposite the stone that is for an angle cube.

Every detail of this is insane, so nice! Great job Hapstone!!!

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm and description. It does sound like well engineered sharpening system... All that being said, have you used it yet, and you happy with the results?

Back