Hawk and Knife Combos...

Thanks guys. This is the fourth hawk I have made. And I have improved the design each time. Total length is 11 1/2", spike to edge is 5", edge is 2 1/2", 1/4" stock cpm3v 59 hrc from peters heat treat. I have already decided to move lanyard hole to the rear on future iterations. The handles are 1/4" g10 and I have use it on almost everything I make. Yes 3 holes would give better structural integrity but I don't think four will cause the handles to snap under extreme use.

I have a mini hawk design that I am about to make from some 5/16" 1075. Specs on the mini hawk that I will call the FPL (final protective line) will be 8.5" total length, about 4 1/4" from spike to edge, and an edge of a little over 2". Spike will be around 1 1/4"- 1 1/2" long. I think it will be a good size for a hawk that can be realistically worn on gear without being so big that it gets in the way and not to small for use as a weapon or a tool.

I honestly Dont think I could use a hawk as a weapon, the mutilated state of the victim would haunt my brain for ever.. Lol

seriously, I'm pretty robust when it comes to gut churning images but I think my ability to block out horror stops at butchering with a hawk!

Cracking looking customs though man, really well done.

Last edited:
This is what happens when you get bored and silly.

Hawk and knife combo for the more inmate-oriented individuals.

L2 Alloy Camp Hatchet - 1084 Utility Knife

axeknife.jpg

My first combo just arrived yesterday! (apologies for the bad cell phone picture, they deserve better than that)

mm9cfr.jpg

The combat axe is my first hawk. I'm really impressed with both the belt knife and the combat axe. The maple handles are really nice and feel great in the hand and the carry system for the axe and the sheath for the knife are excellent.

Wow, can't believe I've never seen this thread before. Awesome pictures. I'll post one next time I'm out and about.

25spv1d.jpg

Here's another- same hawk, this time paired with a knife I picked up in Norway in 1982

Back