Help Us Build A Buck Knives 110 (Free Knife Drawing)

What configuration do you want to see?

• Blade Shape: Clip Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blade Shape: Drop Point

• Blade Steel: D2

• Blade Steel: BG-42

• Blade Steel: S90V

• Blade Finish: Mirror

• Blade Finish: Satin

• Blade Finish: Stonewash

• Nail Notch

• NO Nail Notch

• Inlay Material: Carbon Fiber

• Inlay Material: Black Micarta

• Inlay Material: Navy Blue Micarta

• Bolsters: Aluminum

• Bolsters: Nickel Silver

• If Aluminum: Pocket Clip

• If Aluminum: NO Pocket Clip

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Love BG42, prefer stonewash........much prefer carbon fiber and aluminum for a more current/modern-day feel.......and I like the nail niche. Thanks....

On the pocket clip topic I really think the Vantage style would be the way to go and Buck shouldn't have to much trouble adding one to the 110 pommel. Anyone else onboard?

Love BG42, prefer stonewash........much prefer carbon fiber and aluminum for a more current/modern-day feel.......and I like the nail niche. Thanks....

Better start campaigning to get that Aluminum vote up into a tie situation! N/S is whooping right now.

i love this idea. is pocket clip only possible on the aluminum? man, s90v, cf, pocket clip... it's my dream knife

Blade Shape: Drop Point
Blade Steel: BG-42
Blade Finish: Satin
Nail Notch
Inlay Material: Carbon Fiber
Bolsters: Aluminum
If Aluminum: Pocket Clip

I'm in favor of this except no pocket clip. If you are accepting suggestions outside those listed, I'd like s35vn and copper. The 110 is an everyman's knife and should be able to be sharpened without any special equipment. S90V is just too hard.

Would it be too out field to do the winning configuration as one, and the components coming in second as another?

Well..if I have to chose.
Or should I say, get to chose.;)
Thanks for the chance btw.

Drop point, was never a fan of the curved clip point Buck uses. (aesthetically speaking)
D2, it's tough and it'll take a patina, though reluctantly.
Satin finish, it's easier to maintain.
Nail Knick, not sure if a DP would be pinch-able. The knick would cover those that prefer the secure purchase of a knick and the pinchers can still pinch.(if possible with a dp :confused:)
Black Micarta, looks better than the other choices imo.
Nickel Silver, do not care for aluminum on a knife in any way, shape or form.Aluminum=cheap imo.

Better start campaigning to get that Aluminum vote up into a tie situation! N/S is whooping right now.

This is very disappointing to me. I can't help but think the aluminum with the other options would make a very unique special run that hasn't been done to death. I also think that if more people had ever handled one in aluminum it would be winning hands down. It transforms the knife into a genuinely pocketable EDC instead of something that has to be carried in a sheath. I just don't see any advantage that the NS has. Oh well.

Clip point BG42 Stonewash
Navy Blue Micarta
NS no clip nail nickel
No rivets if an option
And please no pewter inlay

My top two picks are drop point and aluminum frame.

The introduction of the aluminum frame is the biggest news here. There are tons and tons of brass or nickel framed 110s out there and tons of traditional clip points. I'm carrying a stock brass clip point right now. But wow!!! I want that light weight aluminum frame and I really want a drop point.

Other prefs:
No nail nick
Black micarta (would prefer maroon and won't touch the blue).
No pocket clip. Not even a removable one. Keep it clean.
No inlays. Total deal breaker for me.

I'll take a traditional brass in a leather sheath off my belt. It disappears completely and leaves room for keys etc in pocket.

Thanks for asking our help on building a Buck 110. Lately I've build looking at the Buck Custom pages, and this thread showed up at the right time!

It was a blast to consider all the suggested options. No matter what the final product turns out to be, it will be a cool & sharp blade! :thumbup:

My vote config was drop point, S90V, stonewash, nail notch, aluminum, no pocket clip. I didn't select a handle material, but have something I'd sure like to see on a 110 (or 112) some day. That would be a handle made out of Antique River Logs. It's not only a very beautiful wood (unique color ranges, patina, & grain patterns), but carries some great American history highlighting the recovery of this 18th-century wood. It would just add a new dimension to the "made-in-the-USA" appeal of a Buck. I love this wood, so this is my primary wish-list for a Buck handle.

I realize it isn't feasible. I would also like the the Federal frame from 2014. Always thought that would make a nice custom knife

drop point
D2 steel
Stone washed finish. I hate fingerprint/smudge magnets.
No nail nick since the blade is pinchable.
Carbon fiber or black Micarta
Nickle Silver bolsters, with a brushed finish to avoid fingerprints and smudges.
If aluminum bolsters, no clip.

Back