Here we go again, Surgery set for approx 1:00 p.m. Wenesday 16th.

More smoke for Yvsa. I'd like to see him home by weeks end. I'm sure he wouldn't turn down some free turkey, whatever the reason:) I too will be thankful to have him back to his home.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, no one could be more aloof to Thanksgiving than my Great Grandmother. She's a wonderfully sweet old woman (yes, she's still alive and probably pushing the 100 year mark). She's full blooded British and came to the states at the age of 38 with my great grandfather and grandmother. They settled in Kentucky. Now, you would think after 50 or 60 years of "y'alls" and "might-coulds" that she would develop SOME accent. Nope, she still sounds like she stepped off the boat.
She still calls apartments "flats" and chuckles at our notion of "thanksgiving". Not in a mean way, but to her she couldn't care less if the colonies had made it or not. She's that British. She used to come over for Thanksgiving most years to eat with my mom and dad and me. She doesn't like turkey, or antyhing pumpkin, or cranberries. She ate brussle sprouts and dinner rolls with hot tea. My dad and I used to have to hide our laughter as she talked about how she didn't like "smelly babies (or any baby for that matter)" and how she had "A great big red pecker sitting in her tree. Biggest she'd ever seen". She was talking about a woodpecker, but you can see how this would be funny to an 8 year old.

What was this thread about again?
Just tzn. Yvsa, seriously, get back home quick before this place falls down 'round our ears:D

Jake

Sorry guys...no update today...I took some meds and fell asleep, just woke a bit ago and it's too late to call Yvsa.

I'll get on it tomorrow...

No prob, Nasty. Thanks for the updates. I really appreciate your help in keeping us informed here.

Thanks again,

Chris

Well...the back doctor is content, but Yvsa's cardiologist is still watching him and it may be a couple more days. Yvsa says he is ready to go home, but that the pain meds aren't doing as much as he'd like.

I will be away from the board for a few days (Happy Thanksgiving)...but will continue to call to check on him. If there is anything but good news and recovery, I will call munk and let him know so that he can post.

Until then, no news is good news...and keep up the smoke and prayers.

Thank you, Nasty.

Have a good holiday, with minimum irritations.

You ease my mind.

Thanks, Nasty. You do us all a great service. Have a safe and happy holiday.

Jake

More prayers for Yvsa from the Roy family! We miss you Yvsa. I ordered a Foxy Folly because of your pics! Hope to hear from you soon.

And everyone...How bout three cheers for Nasty!!! Waiting would have been bad without his updates. And sick to boot. Hip Hip Hooray!!! Seriously, thanks Nasty for th e updates.

Andy

Sitting here stropping my Cherokee Rose and thinking fond thoughts. No doubts he'll be back (npi) with us shortly.

Just had an lecture on internet relationships at school, the prof telling us that net relationships were artifical, misrepresentative, lacking in honesty blah blah. Set her straight. People are people, net or wet, some wear masks 24/7, some don't, that doesn't change if you see them through a monitor, or face to face. Might take longer when texted based, but over time folks come through as they are.

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all in the Cantina.:)

Nasty, Thanks for keeping us informed on Yvsa's condition!

Yvsa, You have my prayers for a full recovery and a new chance at getting around without all of your pain.

I do not post often on a lot of the personal threads, as often words fail me and I feel safer keeping my fingers shut. But truth be told, I feel a closer relationship with some of the souls I have met here than I do with a lot of people I see daily. Be well, all, on this holiday weekend.:eek: Take Care.

Rick

...lacking in honesty blah blah. Set her straight. People are people, net or wet, some wear masks 24/7, some don't, that doesn't change if you see them through a monitor, or face to face. >>>>>>Yahmanin

We reaffirm ourselves and life, striving against those who would claim it is all for naught, all meaningless, all a waste. We are not simple or fools or lying to ourselves, we know the darkness, we simply do not allow it to run our direction our feet and hands. We are we make we do and love, and are a step apart from those who choose to sit and jeer from stands.

It is that step forward that makes us who we are and counts us all as friends.

munk

I think who/what we meet here is real.
In some ways it's not as total a person as you'd meet in the flesh, but it's real.
Probably more real, as the anonymity of the screen leaves us feeling less needful of our "masks," & therefore freer, "safer" to express ourselves.
Some of us pencil neck geeks may thump our chests more than we would in person, but that's still a real side of the real us, we just can't carry it off as easily when surrounded by 6'3' 250 lb. linebackers, bikers, etc.
How many of us have a "safe" place off screen to express our sensitive, caring sides ?
How many of us are comfortable walking up to complete strangers & admitting ignorance & humbly asking for advice ? (How often do you run into men asking for, & offering, prayer/smoke ? Hell, "Real Men" don't even stop to ask for directions.).
What I have loved about this forum is that in the sharing of shared interests, real sides of real men (& women) are shared here with the openness, & open acceptance & concern & caring & loyalty, that is usually found only in families.
The professor may have some validity in that what we share may not be the same part of ourselves that we might share in the flesh, especially at first meeting. Our "family" may not have taken root, or the shape it has, if it had started, & only existed, in a rented hall hosting a meeting.
But I believe that what we share of ourselves here is VERY "real," even if it may not be the same parts that might have shared in the flesh.
Happy Thanksgiving, & God bless us everyone.

Dangit... I don't check in for a while and when I it is to find Yvsa stuck in a hospital...

Smoke and prayers from Wyoming going out. I bet he's chomping at the bit to get home. Here's to that happening soon.

Happy Turkey day to everyone else!!!

Alan

Hi Gang I'm bettin y'all were gettin ready to Zombifie me and start splittin what guns and khuks I have up twixt yerselfs.:rolleyes: :p
Well 'twon't work because I finally made it out of the horspital thanks to all of y'all.:thumbup: :D :cool:

I'll post more in another thread but needless to say I am very weak and sorely tired but still glad to be home!!!!!!:thumbup: :D

Back