Here we go again, Surgery set for approx 1:00 p.m. Wenesday 16th.

Just got off the phone again...

Yvsa had more trouble with low blood pressure today...they have adjusted his meds and are giving him fluids IV. Not sure of the why yet...he only asked that the smoke and prayer be continued...I assured him that it would.

More as I get it...but keep up the smoke guys...

Smoke and prayer up from Iowa. We're with him, and we're not going anywhere.

Hang tough, Yvsa. Be well.

Chris

Yuh nSuh?

Get your tired butt back here, we got us a deer to skin and butcher.

wacherass, hear?

Smoke and prayers for you, come back to us soon.

All the best wishes for a good recovery and more smoke and prayers. Thanks for the updates.

More smoke and prayers, and hopes Yvsa gets home in time to spend a happy Thanksgiving surrounded by family. :thumbup:

Sarge

More smoke and prayers, and hopes Yvsa gets home in time to spend a happy Thanksgiving surrounded by family

Geez, I hadn't even thought about that--let's hope he's home well before then! Prayers continuing...

Ok, you guys...

You might consider that Thanksgiving MIGHT not be the great holiday to Ndns that it is others of us.

No, but I bet there is some heavenly star event, coinciding with the harvest season and precept to Winter, that they do celebrate.

I doubt they recall with any particular affection beads or bits of metal the Jamestown colonists might have traded at the first 'thanksgiving."

When I returned home this evening my Mother In Law commented Thankgiving dinner was stalking across our yard, picking at stones and small bits of vegitation. Our wild turkeys do not understand Thanksgiving. Neither did the deer next to them.

munk

I called last night and talked to Barbie as Yvsa was busy and I was headed to bed early still trying to kick this cold. Yvsa is still on O2 and dealing with his low blood pressure, but the docs are saying that he'll go home as soon as he gets off it and his BP stays up, most likely Wednesday. The good news is that this is exactly why he had his back surgery done at the heart hospital. Keep up the smoke and prayers...they are working.

[/You might consider that Thanksgiving MIGHT not be the great holiday to Ndns that it is others of us.QUOTE]

:eek: Probably true....But the sentiment is what Yvsa will appreciate in the end.

Smoke up and prayers for Yvsa continuing. Hope to see you back here soon!

Andy

Kismet said:
Ok, you guys...

You might consider that Thanksgiving MIGHT not be the great holiday to Ndns that it is others of us.

Typical of yours truly, head up a$$, but heart in the right place.:eek:

Besides, if he's home and resting Thursday, with his family gathered around him, there'll be plentiful and sincere giving of thanks, ain't that what it's all about?

Sarge

From a thanksgiving origins site...

The Pilgrims are said to have had the "first" thanksgiving feast in the New World in the autumn of 1621. Isn't that what you were taught in school? Nothing could be further from the truth!
People have given thanks for the bountiful harvests for thousands of years all over the earth. Historical records exist of the ancient Egyptians giving thanks to their gods for the Nile River floods that provided needed irrigation for their crops. The Chinese gave thanks to their gods and honored their ancestors. The Romans and Greeks celebrated with feasts, pageants, and revelry. Across Europe, India, Africa, North America and South America, and the rest of the earth over the millenia, there have been commemorations and feasts of thanksgiving.====

I personally go back to the essential meaning of giving thanks. Just that...giving thanks for food, family and friends...with out the often twisted school book history involved.

Smoke up for Yvsa, a friend for which I am thankful.:)

Back